New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,505 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Creator of Spheres of Power Here: Ask Me Anything

Final Post, new thread found here!

2Xararion: As a GM I would definitely allow them, and if/when we update the book we will include them, but right now I'm not sure how I would go about allowing them in an official capacity if they are newer than the SoP book itself.

@kkplx: I don't know if I'd allow it on anything other than the turn of the creature to be targetted by it, but the idea is everything resets; everything that was spent or done during that target's turn such as AoO's are reset as if they'd never happened, so I'd side with you in that debate.

@Ualaa: there is a plan for Mythic SoP, but so far every attempt to get someone to write it has fallen through, usually through no fault of the writer in question (life happens, etc.) so yeah we will do that at some point, but right now I'm not entirely sure when that will be.

@legomaster00156: If you take the advanced magic training feat, your levels in core casting (non sphere casting classes) would still count as low casters for sphere casting, which means if you have a 6th-level core caster (to allow for sorcerers and oracles), they'd only need 4 levels of a high caster class like an incanter to meet the 7th caster level requirement (4 + 1/2 of 6).

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Pixie in the Playground

The Incanter sub-specialization for Divination has an SU ability called Share Information. Pasting it below just to make things easy. My question is, lets say I use Divine Future talent (divination) from the Divination sphere, can I then use this ability (Share Information) to allow my allies that are affected by Share Information to gain the same ability that Divine Future gives me (the caster- add 1D4, +1 per 5 CL as an immediate to a qualifying roll) ? If it does, do we "share" the uses remaining (IE if I had taken this ability twice for 2 uses per casting) between all targets that received Divine Future via the Share Senses ability ?

Share Information (Su)

When you use a (divine) talent, you can choose a number of creatures equal to your casting ability modifier within 60 feet. Those creatures gain the exact same information you gain from the (divine) talent for as long as you maintain concentration on it, although this is not enough to distract them or impose penalties in any way. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your casting ability modifier. This replaces the Divination sphere specialization, Diviner’s Fortune.
    Last edited by meat_shield; 2017-11-07 at 03:36 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Ogre in the Playground

If you have Revitalize, Slow Recovery, and Restore Health/Soul/Mind, how are the extra d8s distributed?

Should it be like one of the Warcraft Druid heals, Regrowth burst to start and consistent over time, Wild Growth heals more in the beginning but fades, Lifebloom bursts at the end, or maybe just +1 per round til the full rolled amount is accounted for, or just ignore it, or just that whole apply in best order thing.
    Last edited by Ruethgar; 2018-02-23 at 03:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ruethgar View Post
    If you have Revitalize, Slow Recovery, and Restore Health/Soul/Mind, how are the extra d8s distributed?

Should it be like one of the Warcraft Druid heals, Regrowth burst to start and consistent over time, Wild Growth heals more in the beginning but fades, Lifebloom bursts at the end, or maybe just +1 per round til the full rolled amount is accounted for, or just ignore it, or just that whole apply in best order thing.
    First, I'll point out this is the old thread: the new one is in Adam's post farther up.

To answer your question, Revitalize grants fast healing, and is not impacted by how many d8's you have from other talents at all.

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Pixie in the Playground

I would like some clarification on how alteration sphere’s “Anthropomorphic Transformation (transformation)” works with things like the “Transformation, Eternal” Feat., and the “Transformation”. For example Anthropomorphic transformation allows you to pick two body or transformation talents from the same talet if you will.
    1. If I picked Transformation, Eternal selecting the anthropomorphic transformation would I not receive the two traits I would normally be able to pick?
    2. If the answer to #1 is that I do get the traits. Would the having Transformation, and Transformation, Eternal Feats. Allow me to pick two traits from two different talents for the eternal form.

Thanks for your time.