New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

My wife started playing a little after I did, but her phone got stuck in the laundry. She's got a replacement phone, and all the important stuff like contacts, pictures, and music were on cloud storage, but does anyone know if there's a way to get back data for Final Fantasy Record Keeper? I don't want her to have to start from scratch if possible.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post

Right now I'm farming Mist Cave for the Greater Earth orb I need so I can make my quake already. Then I'll start working on protectga since it actually protects everyone(YAY!) once I figure out which orbs I need. I know I have a few of the 4* orbs, hopefully I won't need much. That would make farming Heroic a lot easier actually.
    5 Greater White, 8 Greater Earth. Wouldn't be surprised if you already have enough White laying around just from clearing events, but you'll be farming a while if you keep working Mist Cave for the Earth unless you're willing to abuse the interrupt/reload trick to force the drops.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    5 Greater White, 8 Greater Earth. Wouldn't be surprised if you already have enough White laying around just from clearing events, but you'll be farming a while if you keep working Mist Cave for the Earth unless you're willing to abuse the interrupt/reload trick to force the drops.
    .........Figures I'd need MORE greater earths to make protectga >< Oh well, yeah I'll probably end up doing that since the earth orb dungeon just passed. Though, maybe not because I need to do the FFIX event right now.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Edea
    On this note, I'd like them to bring in Bravely Default. Edea and Ringabel, or maybe even the spoiler character, would be great choices. BD is also intimately linked to FF as it is the spiritual sequel to FF: Four Heroes of Light.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

So uhh, how are you supposed to get the timing right for resetting the app so you can redo the boss fight for the Mist Dragon to guarantee an Greater Earth orb drop? Cuz I paused as soon as the dragon was done disappearing and it was apparent no orb was going to drop, and reset the app, and nada. It didn't even show me getting my mastery completion rewards(I apparently hadn't mastered it the first time I did it a while back). Just took me back out the main screen and that was it >< Which sucks cuz I'm damn sure I DIDN'T get the mastery rewards, because I had 1 stamina shard already, and I still have 1 stamina shard and mastery gives you 1 ><

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

On second thought, you can have Orlandu if I can have Leo. And Reis the Dragoner.
    That would be awesome.

Hell let's grab other Square properties while we're at it! How about the Chrono Trigger crew? or Xenogears?

I'm also slightly surprised at the lack of representation off FF14, given how successful it's been. They've got a character from it in the new Dissidia arcade game after all. if they gave us Hildibrand Manderville he would never leave my party.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    That would be awesome.

Hell let's grab other Square properties while we're at it! How about the Chrono Trigger crew? or Xenogears?

I'm also slightly surprised at the lack of representation off FF14, given how successful it's been. They've got a character from it in the new Dissidia arcade game after all. if they gave us Hildibrand Manderville he would never leave my party.
    Is it wrong that I'm starting to hope for more villains? I'd love a villain team of Sephiroth, Kefka, Golbez, Magus, and Id. Go Team Warcrime!
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Is it wrong that I'm starting to hope for more villains? I'd love a villain team of Sephiroth, Kefka, Golbez, Magus, and Id. Go Team Warcrime!
    Golbez, Seifer, and Gilgamesh have been released in the JP version. I would not be surprised to eventually see Kefka since he already has a full sprite.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    That would be awesome.

Meh, I figured they would totally skip the two mmorpg FF's. Not to mention I'd be much more upset at the lack of FFXI characters then FFXIV considering it was far more successful, and far more long lasting. Most of the people who I played FFXI with, STILL play FFXI, yet all the people I know who played FFXIV have already moved on. Not that I blame them, it's hard to stick with a game whose total content is about 1/8th of what FFXI offers. Not to mention the people who were burned by the original FFXIV.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

So uhh, how are you supposed to get the timing right for resetting the app so you can redo the boss fight for the Mist Dragon to guarantee an Greater Earth orb drop? Cuz I paused as soon as the dragon was done disappearing and it was apparent no orb was going to drop, and reset the app, and nada. It didn't even show me getting my mastery completion rewards(I apparently hadn't mastered it the first time I did it a while back). Just took me back out the main screen and that was it >< Which sucks cuz I'm damn sure I DIDN'T get the mastery rewards, because I had 1 stamina shard already, and I still have 1 stamina shard and mastery gives you 1 ><
    Anytime during the dragon fight you need to turn off your cellular or wifi data. Then you beat the fight as normal. At the end of the fight when the orb drops (or doesnt) you get a message saying something like "Establish better remote connection". If you got the orb, turn your wifi back on and click continue or whatever the bubble says. The fight will complete and you'll get your orb. If the orb DIDN'T drop just turn the app off, turn your wifi back on, start the app again and click Cancel instead of Continue.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Meh, I figured they would totally skip the two mmorpg FF's. Not to mention I'd be much more upset at the lack of FFXI characters then FFXIV considering it was far more successful, and far more long lasting. Most of the people who I played FFXI with, STILL play FFXI, yet all the people I know who played FFXIV have already moved on. Not that I blame them, it's hard to stick with a game whose total content is about 1/8th of what FFXI offers. Not to mention the people who were burned by the original FFXIV.
    Eh, FFXIV's really turned around since the time it launched and they actually had to pull it back into beta, but FFXI also has a ton of expansion packs over FFXIV, it's not really fair to compare the amount of content between them.

but damn, now I can't wait to have a chance to unlock Gilgamesh.

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

That stupid second boss you have to fight for Firaja is ridiculous. I wasted five mythril trying to take it down and still no luck. I don't mind using that much mythril if I actually get what I want, since Firaja is much more useful to me than even another 5* relic, but geeze...

Lenna would die in one hit if she didn't cast Protectga first, but they'd kill her as soon as the battle started even when she had a full ATB bar. Didn't quite help that Dark Buster did absolutely nothing. It only worked once in six tries.

It's annoying because my strategy was about as solid as I could get - kill all but one of the Sinspawn and Power Break the one that's left, hit the boss itself with Dark Buster so its attacks miss and then wail on it with a level 50 Cloud, a level 46 Vivi, a level 50 Kain and a level 52 Tidus while Lenna used Curaga and Mass Regen to mitigate any damage. Yet it never worked.

:smallsad:
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    That stupid second boss you have to fight for Firaja is ridiculous. I wasted five mythril trying to take it down and still no luck. I don't mind using that much mythril if I actually get what I want, since Firaja is much more useful to me than even another 5* relic, but geeze...

Lenna would die in one hit if she didn't cast Protectga first, but they'd kill her as soon as the battle started even when she had a full ATB bar. Didn't quite help that Dark Buster did absolutely nothing. It only worked once in six tries.

It's annoying because my strategy was about as solid as I could get - kill all but one of the Sinspawn and Power Break the one that's left, hit the boss itself with Dark Buster so its attacks miss and then wail on it with a level 50 Cloud, a level 46 Vivi, a level 50 Kain and a level 52 Tidus while Lenna used Curaga and Mass Regen to mitigate any damage. Yet it never worked.

Sinspawn Echuilles? Or do you mean Sinspawn Ammes? Ammes was without a doubt a harder fight than Echuilles, though I didn't particularly have trouble with either of them. This was also before Festival of Gold, IIRC, so my characters were only around 40, except Cloud who was 50.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

The first boss that only cast Gravity and has 3 adds is the one you need to leave an add up for. The second boss that has the bubble looking things around it you should kill the adds ASAP and not leave them alive. They don't respawn. I also suggest investing in intimidate.

Also I can't see why you'd spend more than 1 mythril on a fight. You can just close the app to reset the fight and if you can't beat it at full strength with all your skills you're probably not going to even with the buffs you get via the mythril.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

New dungeons equal new characters!

Spoiler
    Show
    Arc
    Refia
    Irvine
    Fran

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    New dungeons equal new characters!

Spoiler
    Show
    Arc
    Refia
    Irvine
    Fran
    Also, new weapons. Including guns, apparently. Are they actually in the game? Or is this like Locke's thief skills?
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Okay, I wasn't impressed with Vivi before, but in practice? Hot damn! After his SB I'm consistently doing 9999 damage on each spell.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I wasn't impressed with Vivi before, but in practice? Hot damn! After his SB I'm consistently doing 9999 damage on each spell.
    I broke his level cap earlier and the first battle I go into gives me his second Record Materia. Apparently it increases magic by 37% and reduces his defence and resistance by 10%. I'll find out soon enough. All that really matters is Vivi does absurd damage and thanks to Devotion I don't even need his standard Soul Break any more to hit max damage each turn.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I feel personally accomplished right now.

As I mentioned before, my wife dropped her phone in the washing machine and lost her data on Record Keeper. She was in her 20's level-wise, and managed to get Lenna and Vanille, but that's about it.

Over one weekend, I managed to get through the entire Classic Tidus event with one level 24 Cloud, one level 24 Wakka (yay growth eggs!) and a level 18-ish Tyro, Black Mage, and White Mage. Only equipment was the free Zantetsuken from daily logins and whatever I could win from story missions. Only abilities were level 1 abilities except what I could win through the event.

STILL managed to master everything but the final mission. Roaming Warriors certainly helped. Spent 2 Mithril between bosses, but all it really did was keep BM and WM up another turn.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

I still don't know what I'm doing wrong. That Echuilles is just impossible. I have a 50 Cloud, a 52 Tidus, a 50 Kain and a 50 Vivi and it's still not enough. Dark Buster literally never works on the boss itself and if I don't get Protectga up fast enough then Lenna and Vivi are OHKO'd by any attack. Even with that active, the boss hits the whole party for 3/4s of their health with that Blender, meaning any one of them will die to any follow up attack if not healed immediately.

I wouldn't even mind so much if the smaller Sinspawn were easier to kill - but it takes all four of my guys just to kill them one at a time. They have absurd amounts of health...

Either way, I've only got a couple more tries before the event ends. I'm not wasting any more mythril trying to complete it. Firaja just isn't worth the hassle.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

From what I've seen, the more effective strategy against Euchilles is paralyze, rather than blind as the game suggests.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Anyone know what it takes to reset your RW choices? I tried entering and retreating, retreating to the Party menu, changing around my equipment. Do I need to do a full reset? I just want to run 1 part of Exp Heroic, and my whole party survives when I bring a Sentinel Grimoir RW with me.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I have a question. Level cap is currently 50, 65 with whoever you get a record Materia for. Yet elite story dungeons are going all the way up to 80. Are these ridiculously high-level dungeons impossible, or is it exaggerating the difficulty of the dungeons?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman View Post
    Anyone know what it takes to reset your RW choices? I tried entering and retreating, retreating to the Party menu, changing around my equipment. Do I need to do a full reset? I just want to run 1 part of Exp Heroic, and my whole party survives when I bring a Sentinel Grimoir RW with me.
    You need to spend stamina to reset the RW choices. Go to normal Fabul Castle (FFIV). It costs 1 stamina. Do the first fight then retreat.

I have a question. Level cap is currently 50, 65 with whoever you get a record Materia for. Yet elite story dungeons are going all the way up to 80. Are these ridiculously high-level dungeons impossible, or is it exaggerating the difficulty of the dungeons?
    Considering I was easily clearing 40-50s dungeons without all my chars at 50, I don't think the level is very indicative of what you need to beat it. For reference, Hard dailies are level 50. Heroic dailies are level 80.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I imagine that, with level 65 upper tier characters (Tidus, Cloud, Tyro, Garnet, and Vivi?), 7 star weapons and armor, and superb abilities, they're probably possible.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

I imagine that, with level 65 upper tier characters (Tidus, Cloud, Tyro, Garnet, and Vivi?), 7 star weapons and armor, and superb abilities, they're probably possible.
    Not even close to that. As I said the current heroics are level 80. The last level (before the boss rush) on the current Garnet event is level 99. Was the same for the previous event I believe. You definitely don't need level 65 characters nor 7 star weapons/armor. That said, without at least level 50 characters and a couple of 5 star weapons and/or armor you're going to struggle.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder what characters will be in this next event. It's FFVIII so the only possibilities are Squall, Quistis and Selphie since they're the only FFVIII characters besides Irvine and Rinoa who are even in the Japanese game... I'm assuming Squall and Quistis, myself.

Even excepting the possibility of beating them anyway, characters will eventually be able to increase their level cap by another 15 levels. In Japan, Cloud can go up to level 80 and it's unlikely he's the only one planned.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2015-06-22 at 09:22 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I wonder what characters will be in this next event. It's FFVIII so the only possibilities are Squall, Quistis and Selphie since they're the only FFVIII characters besides Irvine and Rinoa who are even in the Japanese game... I'm assuming Squall and Quistis, myself.

Even excepting the possibility of beating them anyway, characters will eventually be able to increase their level cap by another 15 levels. In Japan, Cloud can go up to level 80 and it's unlikely he's the only one planned.
    Supposedly Selphie and Quistis are their own separate event. They've already changed a few things in the last event from the JP version, so it's up in the air. Maybe Rinoa will get a repeat or Irvine will be unlockable from an early level the same way Vivi was in Garnet's event.

My issue with waiting for raised level caps is some of those ridiculously high-level elite dungeons have certain characters' Record Materia.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

My issue with waiting for raised level caps is some of those ridiculously high-level elite dungeons have certain characters' Record Materia.
    Yeah, I don't play constantly so most of my characters are only around 30. I was able to get the Record Materia for Vivi and Wakka, but trying for Tidus and Garnet just wiped the floor with me.

Factotum Variants!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I just got Cloud's level break. That boss is much nastier in Elite than he was in classic.

Also, and I said this when I first started playing this accursed game, FFRK seems to be designed to do one thing above all else: brainwash fans (even FFVI-siders like me) into liking Cloud. I can't tell you how much I've missed having him in my party...

Edit: Holy Farm Fed Titans! Cloud's second record materia's requirement is to win against Elite Jenova BIRTH without Cloud dying. A freakin' level 94 dungeon! With a boss that is quite nasty to begin with. Looks pretty nifty, I'll admit, a chance for counter attack on every direct attack, but.... wowza!
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2015-06-22 at 04:07 PM.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.