New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Ain't double combined 3* still weaker than natural 4* though?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Probably, but its better than a Kuni, the only thing I could equip to the aforementioned when I first got them.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Altair is a 2-star gun that can be combo'd up to a 4-star. It's still not as good as natural 4-star weapons, but Balthier's options are either that, or daggers (of which there are many, but your best is going to Sephiroth), or spears (of which there are few excellent choices). Further, unless you egg him up to 50 in one shot, you're probably going to want him to sit behind your heavy-hitters; guns let you do that. Lastly, the Altair is basically a guaranteed 4-star weapon for Balthier, Irvine, and pretty much anybody else they decide to give guns as a weapon to. (Barret, maybe?)
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Ain't double combined 3* still weaker than natural 4* though?
    Yes, unless you're in its home realm - Realm Synergy increases based on the level of the item and it's a pretty big effect for a maxed 4 (level 15) or 5 (level 20) star item, easily enough to overshadow the higher base stats of a native high rarity.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! Protectga is mine! I managed to complete "Under Junon", just barely(certainly didn't master it), but all I needed was to complete for the last Greater Earth orbs I needed to make it :) This should up my survivability quite a fair amount. Now I just need to work on getting Quake. I'm actually fairly close to being able to make Waterja as well, so I'll have 2 4* spells soon :)

Man though, that Under Junon was rough as hell though. I was out of all my abilities by the end of the third stage so I ended up burning a mythril so I could actually finish it, but meh, 1 mythril to guarantee myself finally getting the orbs I needed was well worth as far as I'm concerned.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

I wouldn't rush to make Waterja. Quake is definitely worth it since it's AoE. But I find myself not using the -ja spells over the -ga spells since they're so much harder to hone. 2 uses of -ja is worse than 4 uses of -ga usually.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    I wouldn't rush to make Waterja. Quake is definitely worth it since it's AoE. But I find myself not using the -ja spells over the -ga spells since they're so much harder to hone. 2 uses of -ja is worse than 4 uses of -ga usually.
    This. With a high enough Magic stat (looking at you, Vivi) you can hit the damage cap on a -ga with a fair amount of consistency. At that point, -ja adds nothing except completionist kudos. More uses are going to be more valuable.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm starting to hate how to game is either easy enough to auto everything or completely impossible with no in between.

In the XII event, had no problems until the lizardmen bosses, then two of my guys are KO'd before the first turn.

Oh well. Got all the Mythril from this event so I guess I'm happy.

Getting close to 50 Mythril. Debating whether I should use it for this event or save it for whatever's next, which I think will either be Yuna, Quistis and Selphie, or Cecil reissue.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

I'd roll on Sephiroth's event before I rolled on this current one. The chance of a super strong katana for a retaliator is very good. In addition you have a chance at Red XII's weapons for an awesome SB and a strong 5 star mage weapon for Vivi.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    I'd roll on Sephiroth's event before I rolled on this current one. The chance of a super strong katana for a retaliator is very good. In addition you have a chance at Red XII's weapons for an awesome SB and a strong 5 star mage weapon for Vivi.
    I took your advice. Props where it's due. I got Sephiroth's weapon, a 5* Shield, and a 5* Staff with Light of Ruin SB. Best pull I've gotten so far.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I took your advice. Props where it's due. I got Sephiroth's weapon, a 5* Shield, and a 5* Staff with Light of Ruin SB. Best pull I've gotten so far.
    Very nice. Solid weapons for Sephiroth as your retaliator now and a good staff for Vivi (though it's SB sucks since it's mind based as was mentioned upthread).

Mastered the Jenova boss rush this morning. Honestly it was less difficult than the trash + elite Jenova alone. The first boss is a complete joke (so much so that it can be RE-done if you need the ether it drops at the end). Second one is rendered completely useless by using blind on it then forcing it to physical form (even with a full team of physical attackers). Materia keeper also seemed to hit very weakly for the most part. Even with a mistimed sentinel grimoire, magic break was enough to ensure Trine didn't really hurt that badly. Killed it the round after. Jenova, like the elite version requires a bunch of S/L until you can get power break/protectga/sentinel up and a little luck in it not double tapping and killing someone. After that it's pretty straight forward. Vivi ended up being completely useless in this whole boss rush since Sephiroth retaliating was FAR more efficient. That's mainly due to the 6 star One Winged Angel I had though. Sephiroth's attack power was 414 which is pretty nutty.

Just have Balthier's boss rush left to do now. Conveniently he can use most of the breaks I need so he can replace my Tidus without much difficulty. Lucked out and got Fran's bow as the 100 crystal pull on that banner. Now I have to consider leveling Fran to be my Support char instead of Wakka/Tidus. She can use breakdowns which are nice, though I don't think she can use double-cut so that's a bit of a loss. She has 1 more attack than Wakka and her SB is very slightly better than his with the game ball due to duration. I may just slowly level her every sunday and stick with Wakka/Tidus for now though.
    Last edited by Chen; 2015-07-06 at 08:06 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So, I just spent the last hour setting up the new Favorite Teams. Its a good idea, and should really cut down on the loading slog of setting up your teams per dungeon. Since my internet is so bad it usually takes me ten minutes to switch up teams, more if I need specific abilities for a boss. Now I just pop in and switch up abilities, shouldn't take more than 3 minutes.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

The favorite teams thing is pretty nice. Even just a single default team is nice to be able to go back to with a single button press after you've made configuration changes for a boss.

Balthier's boss rush is significantly easier than the Jenova one. Finished it with no real trouble at all. The rose corsage you get as a reward is a 15 mind item with major resistance to silence so that's kinda nice for your healer.

Also bunch of new dungeons came out with the last update which is cool. 2 bonus quests that let you get Tidus and Lenna if you missed them before too. I think its around 40 more mythril if you complete all the new dungeons so that's a fair bit. I still have a bunch of elite dungeons from the previous update to do, so I think I'm going to focus more on those instead of farming dailies for the next while.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Does anyone know if the new paintings include any recruitables from FFVI? Or memory crystals?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Does anyone know if the new paintings include any recruitables from FFVI? Or memory crystals?
    The only new recruitable that I know of is Ricard (a Dragoon) from 2. There are also a couple of new memory crystals, Josef's, Red Mage's, and Summoner's.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    The only new recruitable that I know of is Ricard (a Dragoon) from 2. There are also a couple of new memory crystals, Josef's, Red Mage's, and Summoner's.
    Well, I found the Gladiator (a core character from the second FF2 painting). Pretty meh, of course - Combat 4, Celerity 3, and all fighter weapons and armor. And, yeah, Ricard's the only new face on the profiles page, but I'm hoping that there's still a chance at an event character I don't have yet (Either Cecil, Terra, Celes, Tifa, or Aerith)

Looking at the Break page, I see Josef and Cyan - at least I think Cyan is new. I still want Terra, dang it! Or Celes.

Ah, well. At least they recently released FF Tactics: War of the Lions for Android. My phone now has more Balthier than it can handle.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

I think they added Cyan's and Joseph's memory crystal. Cyan's one is very deep into the new content though. I think someone on Reddit posted ~900 stamina to get it.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Who are people using for support (particularly attacking debuffs like dark buster and breakdown) I've been using Tidus due to high speed great attack and three star support, but the prevents me using the four star support I've been earning.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

I was using Wakka for the most part. I'm leveling Fran now as backup. Wakka is very slightly less attack and speed with more defense. Fran has a very slightly better SB (I have her bow and Wakka's ball). Wakka can use combat abilities though so can use both the 4 star breaks AND the 3 star breaks which is nice. Fran also has the benefit of her second RM which is 20% increase in bow damage which is fairly significant. Wakka can use helmets though which are another useful benefit compared to Fran who cannot.

As you said Tidus can work well until you need the breakdown skills. Also Tidus is a LOT better if you can give him Wakka's game ball and let him attack from the back row.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, I have finally run out of the gil I stockpiled during that event that had the mass amount of gold and high-level upgrade mats. Guess it's time to start farming the Gil dungeon the next time it pops up. I have a lot of stuff I can upgrade right now from this latest event.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Wow, I have finally run out of the gil I stockpiled during that event that had the mass amount of gold and high-level upgrade mats. Guess it's time to start farming the Gil dungeon the next time it pops up. I have a lot of stuff I can upgrade right now from this latest event.

Good timing! It's today.

In related news, just mastered Heroic Gil for the first time. (Actually, since the start of the week, I've been clearing Heroic on each of them.) Pretty straightforward once you have enough level breaks in your party, but I have to say that the Lightning/Wind one has been the easiest so far. Yay, extra mythril!
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-07-08 at 07:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Went through some more of the new dungeons yesterday. They're quite easy compared to the later levels in any of the events we've been having. I think doing as many classic/elite dungeons as possible and getting the stamina shards is probably the most important thing to do after unlocking characters (and memory crystals) in events. It really helps to add more farming time.

Lesser power orbs are still the most elusive ones for me. Trying to finish the honing quests for the elemental strikes and man those take a lot of those suckers. Guess I spend tomorrow doing the hard daily in hopes of more lesser power orbs.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

I need all the gil. my inventory is full of upgrade items I can't use, because the only things I have left to upgrade (my scant few 5-star items) cost too much to upgrade. And I also need to hone some abilities, I've got quite a few that I've got the orbs for.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post

Good timing! It's today.

In related news, just mastered Heroic Gil for the first time. (Actually, since the start of the week, I've been clearing Heroic on each of them.) Pretty straightforward once you have enough level breaks in your party, but I have to say that the Lightning/Wind one has been the easiest so far. Yay, extra mythril!
    Yeah I noticed that last night, and oddly enough I did the Heroic clear at Mastery as well. Since I got protectga things have been going a lot more smoother now.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

And the good news keeps on coming!

We can look forward to Cecil's Dissociative Identity Episode, starring Cecil and Cecil! Also, memory crystals!

Final Fantasy Wiki has a list of record materia, including those currently available in Japan. (Warning: May spoil upcoming character releases.) DK!Cecil's is... A bit underwhelming, frankly. Much like DK!Cecil. But did you see Pally!Cecil's second record materia? Chance to heal on regular attacks? That will make auto'ing through dungeons disgustingly fun, frankly.

... I'd better start level breaking Kain and Rydia...

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

And the good news keeps on coming!

We can look forward to Cecil's Dissociative Identity Episode, starring Cecil and Cecil! Also, memory crystals!

Final Fantasy Wiki has a list of record materia, including those currently available in Japan. (Warning: May spoil upcoming character releases.) DK!Cecil's is... A bit underwhelming, frankly. Much like DK!Cecil. But did you see Pally!Cecil's second record materia? Chance to heal on regular attacks? That will make auto'ing through dungeons disgustingly fun, frankly.

... I'd better start level breaking Kain and Rydia...
    YAY, Cecil was the first event that was around(I think) when I first started. Maybe the second, but either way I was entirely incapable of getting him back then, and he's one of my more favorite characters, so this makes me quite happy :)

And yeah, that record materia sounds flipping amazing :) Especially good for leveling someone up if you don't want to use growth eggs. Just put that on them and put your best equip on them and start soloing the exp dungeon on Sunday.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

It's only a chance to heal though which is probably around 15-20% chance if its anything like the other chance on hit ones. I also can't imagine the heal is going to be anything that substantial (though I don't know what it's based on). Seems extra damage like Cloud's materia or Wakka's second materia would be more useful. Or something like Josephs automatic double-cut one, not to mention Balthier's one. Right now my base group uses:

Sephiroth: Balthier's first, Auto-Haste is awesome
    Cloud: Cloud's first, 10% more damage when using a sword adds up
    Fran: Fran's second, 20% more damage when using a bow is even better
    Tyro: White mage's second.
    Vivi: Black mage's second.

Being able to throw up Protectga on the first wave every battle and being able to use 1 quake and one -ga/ja spell for free on all trash is amazing.
    Last edited by Chen; 2015-07-09 at 07:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

And the new event is on! Also, the new relics are out... And I just pulled the Wind Spear (universal SB) and Dark Armor (DK!Cecil SB)! Woo!

It is a good evening to be Red Fel!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

And the new event is on! Also, the new relics are out... And I just pulled the Wind Spear (universal SB) and Dark Armor (DK!Cecil SB)! Woo!

It is a good evening to be Red Fel!
    *sigh* My first 11 pull in a while and I get a bunch of crap, and a 5* Diamond Sword. I already have a Zantetsuken and 6* Gaia Blade, so ze Diamond sword, it does nothing!
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    *sigh* My first 11 pull in a while and I get a bunch of crap, and a 5* Diamond Sword. I already have a Zantetsuken and 6* Gaia Blade, so ze Diamond sword, it does nothing!
    3 good swords isn't bad. There are more spellblades coming out in the future so being able to equip Celes, Cloud and another spellblade with 5* weapons is a good thing.