New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    The Record materia, and as far as I can tell it is not Tidas's. It is just the first one you unlock. The next record materia you unlock is high scorer no matter who you use to unlock it.
    High scorer is definitely linked to Tidus. You can get it by breaking the level cap for Tidus and then it's a random drop from FFX content. Just like Wakka's Blitz-Eye. If you don't break the level cap for Tidus, you can't get the High Scorer Materia. The haste one is also linked with Tidus, it's his default one when you break his level cap. Wakka gets a different one that allows pre-emptive strikes.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, wish me luck all, I'm about to do my 2nd 11 pull, going to go with the current Tidus relic event, I really like the look of the sword, plus it gives Tidus a Soul Break that hits all targets which I'm a fan of(really dislike single target ones, and his Delay attack almost never works on the later bosses).

On another note, I feel the urge to reiterate how much I love this Tidus event. I have gained so much strength from this event, I've been able to hone multiple abilities(all my 3*spells have 4 uses now, and I could raise one of them to 6 if I wanted to), I've gotten some decent armor as well, and now I'm collecting 4* orbs from the elite dungeons.

Edit: Well, I got two 5*, neither anything I wanted though. Genji Armor, and some staff >< As if I don't already have enough staves.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-06-11 at 07:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Made my first 11x relic pull. Kinda hoped to get the Masamune since Cloud can equip it and it has such high attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Ended up getting three 5* relics. No character specific stuff, sadly, but at least the Murasame has a hit-all Soul Break. Also meant I could give the Zantetsuken to Locke, giving me two characters with 200+ attack. Kain is quite a bit stronger, too, thanks to the new lance (was using a 4* axe until now) and the Genji Shield.

So I guess it worked out nicely.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Made my first 11x relic pull. Kinda hoped to get the Masamune since Cloud can equip it and it has such high attack.

Ended up getting three 5* relics. No character specific stuff, sadly, but at least the Murasame has a hit-all Soul Break. Also meant I could give the Zantetsuken to Locke, giving me two characters with 200+ attack. Kain is quite a bit stronger, too, thanks to the new lance (was using a 4* axe until now) and the Genji Shield.

So I guess it worked out nicely.
    You didn't mention your best pull - you got a really stylish vest! (And that's the FFV spear with the shared Soul Break, isn't it? That's probably a fair bit more useful than Kain's default SB, too.)

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Well I give up on this event. Apparently a team of levels 50 (tidus is even higher) with 5* weapons and armor can't get passed the first boss of command center. Jerk does 1000 damage to everyone every single turn. And he is immune to attacks.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I give up on this event. Apparently a team of levels 50 (tidus is even higher) with 5* weapons and armor can't get passed the first boss of command center. Jerk does 1000 damage to everyone every single turn. And he is immune to attacks.
    Damn that sucks, guess that means I'm just about done, I'm one stage away from the Command bosses. Honestly didn't have to much issue with the other Command stages since they are all single target attacks, but if that boss dishes out that kind of damage I don't stand a chance. I'm assuming you are using Armor that gives synergy?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Damn that sucks, guess that means I'm just about done, I'm one stage away from the Command bosses. Honestly didn't have to much issue with the other Command stages since they are all single target attacks, but if that boss dishes out that kind of damage I don't stand a chance. I'm assuming you are using Armor that gives synergy?
    Armor doesn't seem to make a difference. It seems to be nonelementsl magical damage, and without a mass shell spell ( if there is one, I can't find it) that's the damage period. I too had zero problem until this point, running wakka and tidus alone through elite, one shotting everything.
    I tried the suggestion of the guides to paralyze the boss and rush him down, but I can't even get intimidate to hit him.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Is the stage you're trying to do right now the one that rewards Firaja for completion? It's tempting to try it and just blow a few Mythril if necessary, a 4 star spell would be amazing.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

He's talking about the bonus stage after you've mastered all the other elites for Valefor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Given his stupidly high attack, I decided to give Josef a spot on my team in Vanille's place. Seems to be working out relatively well in spite of his comparatively low level. I may end up having to swap Rydia out for Vanille, though, since Protectga and Curaga seem really important and I won't be able to use them otherwise.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Armor doesn't seem to make a difference. It seems to be nonelementsl magical damage, and without a mass shell spell ( if there is one, I can't find it) that's the damage period. I too had zero problem until this point, running wakka and tidus alone through elite, one shotting everything.
    I tried the suggestion of the guides to paralyze the boss and rush him down, but I can't even get intimidate to hit him.
    Keep closing and opening the app until Intimidate hits. It's a 50% chance so it really shouldn't be that bad. You're talking about the Chocobo eater right? Alternatively blow a friend summon a Tyro's sentinel grimoire (those are much more useful later but you can refresh em with a mythril if you really want Velefor).

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Given his stupidly high attack, I decided to give Josef a spot on my team in Vanille's place. Seems to be working out relatively well in spite of his comparatively low level. I may end up having to swap Rydia out for Vanille, though, since Protectga and Curaga seem really important and I won't be able to use them otherwise.
    I think Lenna makes a better white mage than Vanille. The regen SB is pretty nice on long fights. Joseph is generally kinda weak though. His defense is terrible. I think with Kain's buff he's a better choice now.

On another note next set of bonus pulls is probably the best set of pulls I've ever seen. Both Tyro's books, Terra's Enhancer, Sephiroth's Masamune and things like Kaiser shield (party wide protect SB) and Gaia blade (quake!). I burned 100 mythril and one of those $0.99 pulls and ended up with a great set: 2 gaia blades, 1 kaiser shield and both of Tyro's books. Also got a crystal helm as a 4 star that's pretty nice. I actually ran out of gil to upgrade everything :P Guess I'll need to run the next gil dungeon a bit.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    I actually ran out of gil to upgrade everything :P Guess I'll need to run the next gil dungeon a bit.
    Yeah gil is definitely a major concern for me now as well. I went through and did today's daily dungeons(It's so nice they wiped everyone's clears so we could get more mythril for completion) and discovered they majorly upped the drop rate(I get drops from nearly every single monster now) and quickly ran out of money upgrading stuff and I had 150k sitting on me. Gonna have to farm like 1mil gil if I want to upgrade all the stuff I have waiting now.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I think I need to stop saving up for 50 Mithril.

Last time I did, thanks to all the Quests and reset Daily Dungeons, all I got was a 5* no ability spear, which I guess at least means I can use Kain without sucking.

First time I used just 5 Mithril, I got a 5* Monk's Robe, which while not ideal could certainly be useful. Point being maybe I should just keep trying my luck with normal 5* draws and hoping for the best.

I really need some decent thrown weapons, preferably a Valkyrie, so Rinoa can be a bit more useful.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    On another note next set of bonus pulls is probably the best set of pulls I've ever seen. Both Tyro's books, Terra's Enhancer, Sephiroth's Masamune and things like Kaiser shield (party wide protect SB) and Gaia blade (quake!). I burned 100 mythril and one of those $0.99 pulls and ended up with a great set: 2 gaia blades, 1 kaiser shield and both of Tyro's books. Also got a crystal helm as a 4 star that's pretty nice. I actually ran out of gil to upgrade everything :P Guess I'll need to run the next gil dungeon a bit.
    Lucky. I put 15 draws on that set (an 11 pull, the discounted gem pull, and another 3 pull with remaining mythril) and got no 5 stars. Although I'm not sure if that's better or worse luck than what could have happened.. getting a 5 star and having it be a 3rd copy of the Sentinel Grimoire (upside: 7-star weapon for Tyro. Downside: n1curr about Tyro's attack stats, and since it's a Core item there really aren't relevant dungeons to take advantage of the high synergy bonus it would have.)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Lucky. I put 15 draws on that set (an 11 pull, the discounted gem pull, and another 3 pull with remaining mythril) and got no 5 stars. Although I'm not sure if that's better or worse luck than what could have happened.. getting a 5 star and having it be a 3rd copy of the Sentinel Grimoire (upside: 7-star weapon for Tyro. Downside: n1curr about Tyro's attack stats, and since it's a Core item there really aren't relevant dungeons to take advantage of the high synergy bonus it would have.)
    Speaking of "Core", I wonder if they are ever going to release Core dungeons. Would be nice if they did, I mean we have quite a few core characters and core items, yet no dungeon to take advantage of that fact. Does anyone know if the JP servers have any?

On another note guys, the Festival of GOld is AMAZING. Drops are frequent, and often paired with gold, and the xp just on the normal level is probably the best for the stamina cost. 12k exp for a champion clear per level. I imagine hard is 15-20k at this rate.

EDIT!!!!!! Oh wow, I was totally wrong. Hard isn't 15-20k. It's 15-20k WITHOUT the double. I just snagged 40k EXP in a single round! That's insanity. Guess I'll be running Hard of this event more or less non-stop.

Further update: Heroic isn't that much worse then Hard and gives about 60k total exp if you manage to champion it. I got super lucky and my first round had two of the rare rams, both of which dropped like 18k gold a piece. Monstrously happy, this event is going to allow myself(and pretty much everyone) to fully upgrade all my stuff.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-06-12 at 09:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of "Core", I wonder if they are ever going to release Core dungeons. Would be nice if they did, I mean we have quite a few core characters and core items, yet no dungeon to take advantage of that fact. Does anyone know if the JP servers have any?
    One or two of the Daily dungeons are Core realm, but AFAIK I know none of the actual Classic/Elite realms are. Which is why I said no relevant dungeons. Would be neat to see a Core-focused event... maybe a Record Materia or special accessory that made Core classes/items always count as matched Realm? Or even just getting half-Synergy would be cool if they thought that was too good.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

On another note guys, the Festival of GOld is AMAZING. Drops are frequent, and often paired with gold, and the xp just on the normal level is probably the best for the stamina cost. 12k exp for a champion clear per level. I imagine hard is 15-20k at this rate.

EDIT!!!!!! Oh wow, I was totally wrong. Hard isn't 15-20k. It's 15-20k WITHOUT the double. I just snagged 40k EXP in a single round! That's insanity. Guess I'll be running Hard of this event more or less non-stop.

Further update: Heroic isn't that much worse then Hard and gives about 60k total exp if you manage to champion it. I got super lucky and my first round had two of the rare rams, both of which dropped like 18k gold a piece. Monstrously happy, this event is going to allow myself(and pretty much everyone) to fully upgrade all my stuff.
    Heroic mobs have less than 1000 health. My level 26 Tidus with a 5 star weapon was one shotting them with double cut (thus possibly killing two things). Using heroic to level is super easy. Also the big mob has a chance of dropping greater growth eggs too. Best event ever.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

This is the first event where I can Auto with a party of level 30s-40s (well, except for a level 52 Wakka with a 4* bow, but that hardly counts as anything special).

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Man I love this event so much. I just managed to fully upgrade all of the 5* stuff I had(both the few naturals I had, and the ones I made by combining), and all of my 4*. I'm going to start working on 3* Stuff so I have it for Synergy bonuses. This is just freaking awesome :)

20. - Top - End - #230

Yeah, every single stamina I have is going to be pumped into this new event.
    Heroic is an absolute joke. You can auto your way to champion easily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...I dunno if it's just plain dumb luck, impressive coincidence or what, but...

Figuring that this was the best choice of picks for character 5-star items, I used my 50 Mythril in hopes of getting my waifu's Terra's relic weapon (the Enhancer). Sadly, that wasn't the case...but I ended up getting the Healing Grimoire for Tyro, plus one of the shared 5-star relic items (the Kaiser Shield, which grants a minor Protectga effect), making it for two 5-star character-related relic weapons on just 3 rolls (plus 2 single-shot rolls).

Got a lot of 3-star items, tho; at least two of them were repeated, one of them being a spare Dancing Dagger and another a spare Rune Blade, which I used to boost those weapons.

And yeah - Festival of Gold is kinda easy. Seems to me that these last events have been a bit too easy - same with a pal of mine. He was telling me that since the Locke event, and also with the Tidus event, but now with Festival of Gold being pretty easy on Hard (don't have enough to go Heroic, tho), it makes me think they reduced the difficulty a bit. Sure, it's also the loads of new equipment, but even then, I feel they gone a bit soft since the last update.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

22. - Top - End - #232

I think they're just gearing it towards the newer players to keep them interested. The final few elite dungeons are still pretty hard for newer players like me but been able to complete most of any event when you just recently hit the endgame lures you in and makes you want to just gear up that little bit more so that you can complete the whole thing. I know plenty of people who would gladly spend a couple of bucks if they think getting a bunch of new gear is what's needed to get them over that final hump.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaat? They're giving away a Zantetsuken, Thundara Strike and Pound? I'll actually have a 6* weapon tomorrow. 😮

Spoiler
    Show

Seems my Cloud got summoned 25 times since yesterday as well. I guess that Soul Break is really popular.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2015-06-13 at 09:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234

Quick question, I just got another 50 mithril saved up. Is this phase the best of the lot or should I wait for one of the other ones to blow my 11 pull?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I think they're just gearing it towards the newer players to keep them interested. The final few elite dungeons are still pretty hard for newer players like me but been able to complete most of any event when you just recently hit the endgame lures you in and makes you want to just gear up that little bit more so that you can complete the whole thing. I know plenty of people who would gladly spend a couple of bucks if they think getting a bunch of new gear is what's needed to get them over that final hump.
    QTF. One reason I like this game over other f2p games, like hearthstone. Easy on newer players. Hearthstone always felt like if you haven't played every day since beta you were wasting your time.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Seems I can get through the Heroic difficulty of the new event pretty easily. I think I'll just keep running it over and over, see if I can't max out the levels of a bunch of characters. Cloud is already at 50 and I've got another six at 40+.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Le'sigh. As much power as I've gained from the Tidus and Festival of GOld event, I still can't beat the first boss on the elite dungeon that gives Firaja >< Those stupid minions constantly wipe out one of my guys immediately(literally, I've loaded and reloaded 18 times and EVERY SINGLE TIME I've lost either Rydia or Aerith in their first round of attacks. It's insanity!).

28. - Top - End - #238

The start is the hardest part, after you kill 2, just paralyse the 3rd and the boss becomes a joke as it can't actually kill you alone. Try it with 1 healer only maybe.
    I did it with a team of Lenna/Cloud/Tidus/Wakka/Tyro with virtually no trouble at all. Slow it down to 1/2 speed and reset until you have 1 or 2 of your guys getting an attack off so that at least 1's down before they could attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

If we were using the JP event schedule as a baseline to try and predict the next character, Squall should have been next. Instead, we got the second person on said list, Garnet. Not sure how I feel about that. As much as I want all the characters and love IX, yet another mage seems like she'll have a hard time fitting in outside of specific realms, and I'd rather get Squall so he can use my Blitz Sword.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

I'm really, really hoping that we can get Vivi in the next event. Apparently some of the secondary objectives involve him not dying, so maybe we will. He'd be much more useful than Garnet, at any rate, since you still can't compete with Lenna as far as white magic is concerned.

edit ;; ...and now I'm a gillionaire! Just broke a million gil. Wonder how much I'll have by the time this event ends.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2015-06-14 at 04:51 PM.