New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Biting Knife Nightclub: Here there be partying monsters!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    "You don't give yourself enough credit, sweet thing." Ezra says, reaching over to cup her face in his hand, if she doesn't move back, that is. "It's very easy to do the wrong thing, but it's more rewarding to do the right thing. Here, I'll help you work through it. Tell me about your feelings, all of it." He leans on the bar, looking into her eyes with his own.
    Deadra allows her face to be cupped, or as best as it can be cupped due to her size, she sighs deeply.

I have this hollow place inside me, where all these things used to be, my heart was always filled with love for my friends, and every single one of them died right in front of me, and as powerful as I am, I was utterly helpless.

I guess I decided I would never be helpless again, never allow that pain to cut through me like a scalding blade.

And....I'm scared to let anything positive fill that hollow place, because I can't handle losing again.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #512
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Deadra allows her face to be cupped, or as best as it can be cupped due to her size, she sighs deeply.

I have this hollow place inside me, where all these things used to be, my heart was always filled with love for my friends, and every single one of them died right in front of me, and as powerful as I am, I was utterly helpless.

I guess I decided I would never be helpless again, never allow that pain to cut through me like a scalding blade.

And....I'm scared to let anything positive fill that hollow place, because I can't handle losing again.

"Ah, but you need the positive to heal, dear girl. Only positive things will heal the hollowness inside of you and empower you. Besides, look around us: we're in the Nexus. The likelihood of you losing any new positive you gain is quite low."

Ezra's voice lowers in pitch. "I know how scary it can be to love again after suffering loss, but I guarantee that at the end, you'd be glad you did." He slowly strokes her cheek as he speaks. "What is your name, dear?"

3. - Top - End - #513
    Orc in the Playground

Deadra.

Was it, though, was it really?

Deadra Blackfyre.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

Ezra nods. "Hello, Deadra. I'm Ezra Sharpe. Mm, Deadra. It's a nice name, though would I be right in guessing it's a pseudonym?" His hand leaves her face and reaches to pat her hand to comfort her and keep her at ease.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Orc in the Playground

Ezra nods. "Hello, Deadra. I'm Ezra Sharpe. Mm, Deadra. It's a nice name, though would I be right in guessing it's a pseudonym?" His hand leaves her face and reaches to pat her hand to comfort her and keep her at ease.
    My old name was no longer one I wished to hear.

Tell me, Ezra, what have you seen that you don't even flinch in the presence of someone my size, someone as troubled and turbulent as myself?

That you can be so warm and caring?

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Only Ezra can hear this
    Show

(Group) KC_Nancy: Deadra is her name then
    (Group) KC_Nancy: not her pseudonym, her name
    (Group) KC_Nancy: doesnt matter what name her parents gave
    (Group) KC_Nancy: her names her identity... no one but her chooses her own identity

Last edited by goto124; 2015-11-02 at 03:02 AM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

Ezra smiles. "Ezra Augustus Reyes, but that is a name I changed to Sharpe. It represented a change I made long ago, though now that time has passed, I wouldn't be averse to changing it back. What I'm saying is, I can empathize."

He simply chuckles. "Well, one doesn't live for seven hundred years and not see a lot of things. I've lost friends, I've lost girlfriends, I've been in charge of genocide, I've helped prevent genocide... It's been an eventful life."

He grins a lethally charming grin. "Also, one of my girlfriends is taller and more muscular than I am. It's what's inside that counts, Deadra, and it's something I learnt a long time ago."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

A green robed gnome enters the Nigthclub. The gnome takes a look around. There is a giant woman talking to a man. Not really something he wants to interrupt. He already feels small no need to push that futher. So he heads for the bar searching for a barkeeper or some kind of obviouse waitress.

"Excuse me. I would like to ask you a question if you don't mind."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #519
    Orc in the Playground

Ezra smiles. "Ezra Augustus Reyes, but that is a name I changed to Sharpe. It represented a change I made long ago, though now that time has passed, I wouldn't be averse to changing it back. What I'm saying is, I can empathize."

He simply chuckles. "Well, one doesn't live for seven hundred years and not see a lot of things. I've lost friends, I've lost girlfriends, I've been in charge of genocide, I've helped prevent genocide... It's been an eventful life."

He grins a lethally charming grin. "Also, one of my girlfriends is taller and more muscular than I am. It's what's inside that counts, Deadra, and it's something I learnt a long time ago."
    One of your girlfriends, eh?

Understandable, sometimes one person simply isn't enough.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    A green robed gnome enters the Nigthclub. The gnome takes a look around. There is a giant woman talking to a man. Not really something he wants to interrupt. He already feels small no need to push that futher. So he heads for the bar searching for a barkeeper or some kind of obviouse waitress.

"Excuse me. I would like to ask you a question if you don't mind."
    Car'l-42, so named because of the number 42 on her forehead, the 42th temporal self-clone of Car'l-1, approaches the gnome and bends down to appraise him. "Good day, sir, welcome to the Biting Knife. What would you like to know?"

One of your girlfriends, eh?

Understandable, sometimes one person simply isn't enough.
    "One is never enough, in my opinion." Ezra chuckles to himself. He decides that making her an offer to 'join in' can wait until later, if he decides to do it. Right now, some soul-searching is being done, darnit!

"Deadra Blackfyre, your name remains for as long as you want it to, but I have to ask: who is Deadra Blackfyre? Tell me." And then he listens.

11. - Top - End - #521

"I would like to know if this person has been seen around." he shows a picture that Car'l-42 shouldn't be able to identify. It's simular to Zefir the char just without the scar.
    "He might be sneaking around here to burn this place or such."

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

Car'l-42, so named because of the number 42 on her forehead, the 42th temporal self-clone of Car'l-1, approaches the gnome and bends down to appraise him. "Good day, sir, welcome to the Biting Knife. What would you like to know?"

"One is never enough, in my opinion." Ezra chuckles to himself. He decides that making her an offer to 'join in' can wait until later, if he decides to do it. Right now, some soul-searching is being done, darnit!

"Deadra Blackfyre, your name remains for as long as you want it to, but I have to ask: who is Deadra Blackfyre? Tell me." And then he listens.
    She's someone who is trying to put her old life behind her and forge a new one, one where nobody else tells her she's lesser, that she's nothing but a useless girl.

Someone who makes her own rules and wants to rely on herself, because friends have a tendency to get themselves killed.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

"I would like to know if this person has been seen around." he shows a picture that Car'l-42 shouldn't be able to identify. It's simular to Zefir the char just without the scar.
    "He might be sneaking around here to burn this place or such."
    Car'l-42 tilts her head slightly. "I'm sorry, sir, but I've never seen anyone like this before. What makes you think this of the man?"

She's someone who is trying to put her old life behind her and forge a new one, one where nobody else tells her she's lesser, that she's nothing but a useless girl.

Someone who makes her own rules and wants to rely on herself, because friends have a tendency to get themselves killed.
    Ezra smiles sadly as he strokes the skin of Deadra's hands with his fingers. "Let me ask you this, darling Deadra. Who do you want to be, truly?" His voice is soft. "Tell me."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

Loved.

Or feared, or revered, or idolized.

Or however one goes about being treated with respect and civility by everyone.

15. - Top - End - #525

Car'l-42 tilts her head slightly. "I'm sorry, sir, but I've never seen anyone like this before. What makes you think this of the man?"
    "Your Club seems to serve many different races. He hates them and such an action would fit him." he says. "It's good for you, that you haven't met him. Seems like I need to search in another place."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Loved.

Or feared, or revered, or idolized.

Or however one goes about being treated with respect and civility by everyone.

Ezra smiles. "Machiavelli has been credited with the phrase 'It is better to be feared than loved'. The actual full version, in a manner of speaking, is: 'One should wish to be both feared and loved, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with... Nevertheless a leader ought to inspire fear in such a way that, if he does not win love, he avoids hatred; because he can endure very well being feared whilst he is not hated.'"

He grins. "If you want to be feared and loved, you have to earn that fear and love, and I can help you, if you wished me to. There's also the fact that 'having friends makes you strong, being alone makes you weak'. Real friends, too, not those that only care what you can give them."

"Your Club seems to serve many different races. He hates them and such an action would fit him." he says. "It's good for you, that you haven't met him. Seems like I need to search in another place."
    Car'l-42 nods. "Not to worry, sir. I'll inform the administration about it, but there are safeguards in place to avoid such. I know how much some people hate non-humans." A short pause. "Before you leave, would you like anything?"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-11-13 at 11:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Orc in the Playground

Ezra smiles. "Machiavelli has been credited with the phrase 'It is better to be feared than loved'. The actual full version, in a manner of speaking, is: 'One should wish to be both feared and loved, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with... Nevertheless a leader ought to inspire fear in such a way that, if he does not win love, he avoids hatred; because he can endure very well being feared whilst he is not hated.'"

He grins. "If you want to be feared and loved, you have to earn that fear and love, and I can help you, if you wished me to. There's also the fact that 'having friends makes you strong, being alone makes you weak'. Real friends, too, not those that only care what you can give them."
    I think I would like to take you up on your offer.

You're very interesting.

18. - Top - End - #528

"No, thank you. I'm just here to find this person. I can't afford anything." the gnome says and takes a look at the other PC's around.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

I think I would like to take you up on your offer.

You're very interesting.
    Ezra smiles his trademark deadly-charming smile and wink. "So I've been told. Besides, I try not to turn away anyone I can help, and it looks like you could use a real friend." His smile grows more warm. "Or friends." He says, glancing at Axanot, Kelcey and Peyton the penguin.

"There's also a castle in Riverside called Malechenar where vampires commune. I'll have cause to head there soon, and I'd like you to come with us."

(Goto, since you're playing Axxie and KC, let's alternate Peyton RPing duties.

"No, thank you. I'm just here to find this person. I can't afford anything." the gnome says and takes a look at the other PC's around.
    Car'l-42 nods. "Alright, sir. Let me know if I can help you with anything."

Apart from the other patrons, PC and NPC alike, there's the owner and bartender, who's currently engaged in conversation with a giant of a lady, a stripperific barbarian and an androgynous lady wearing an overcoat playing with a penguin, as well as various clones of Car'l serving the patrons.

(If you've played Broken Age, you'll get the Car'l reference. (It's Carol with the 'o' replaced with an apostrophe).)

20. - Top - End - #530

((Nop, never played that))

Well, NPC's are a strange thing. They tend to just change. Just look over there, yes the rat people. and puf they are suddendly gone and a group of werewolf take the place. That's what happens to NPC's all the time.

"Thanks." The gnome says and heads over to the barbarian. "Excuse me, but have you seen this guy?" He shows the drawing he showed Car'l before.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

The lady barbarian looks over the drawing. 'Sorry, never seen him before.'

Ignore Peyton, the gentoo penguin. http://assets.worldwildlife.org/photos/1560/images/story_full_width/HI_292876WHYMatter1.jpg?1345547525
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-11-17 at 10:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    The lady barbarian looks over the drawing. 'Sorry, never seen him before.'

Ignore Peyton, the gentoo penguin. http://assets.worldwildlife.org/phot...jpg?1345547525
    Peyton does get ignored by the gren robed gnome.

"To bad. Well, I have to ask someone else then." he says.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

Ezra smiles his trademark deadly-charming smile and wink. "So I've been told. Besides, I try not to turn away anyone I can help, and it looks like you could use a real friend." His smile grows more warm. "Or friends." He says, glancing at Axanot, Kelcey and Peyton the penguin.

"There's also a castle in Riverside called Malechenar where vampires commune. I'll have cause to head there soon, and I'd like you to come with us."
    Deadra smiles, just a little bit.

Yes, that sounds good.

I look forward to it.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

Deadra smiles, just a little bit.

Yes, that sounds good.

I look forward to it.
    "You're so pretty when you smile, Deadra." Ezra can't help saying, he himself smiling. "First order of business: building a friendship. Tell me about yourself, the real you. Aside from all we spoke about." He says, smiling warmly.

25. - Top - End - #535

After asking a few of the NPC around, the gnome heads over to the owner and the giant lady. He holds up the poster who looks simular to zefir the character as he speaks up.
    "Has any of you seen this guy?"

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

"You're so pretty when you smile, Deadra." Ezra can't help saying, he himself smiling. "First order of business: building a friendship. Tell me about yourself, the real you. Aside from all we spoke about." He says, smiling warmly.
    Hmm.

For starters, my dad is Zeus.

Found out a couple years ago, kind of a mindblower, you know?

After asking a few of the NPC around, the gnome heads over to the owner and the giant lady. He holds up the poster who looks simular to zefir the character as he speaks up.
    "Has any of you seen this guy?"
    Deadfall leans down to see the picture.

Cant say that I have, sorry.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground

Ezra smiles and nods. "My father was also vampirized. I taught my own father how to survive as a vampire. That was weird. Of course, I eventually turned from evil to good, but he never got the chance to." He sounds like he's accepted it, but still isn't happy about that thought. "Tell me... what's really your favorite thing, Deadra?"

When the gnome shows him the picture, he shakes his head. "Never seen him, but you're welcome to wait for him. Would you like anything in the meantime?"

28. - Top - End - #538
    Orc in the Playground

My favorite thing?

Honestly, that's a tough one.

I kinda don't want to admit it......

Deadra looks into Ezra's eyes, hoping he doesn't think too poorly of her, because for the first time in years, she actually cared if someone thought poorly of her.

I really like that people have to look up to me.

My mother made me feel weak and useless and pathetic.

So when I'm surrounded by those who are lesser, and they gaze up at me, I see that whether they fear me, or lust after me, or hate me with all their being, they still can't hide it in their face, that look I can't exactly describe, they.......

It's hard to put into words.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

"What of when they love you? Or even just like you? What of when looking at you makes them smile? Getting hate or fear are not the only ways, nor are they ideal... what of getting love, respect? Lust, even?"

As he says this, Ezra gives her a look that has a hint of lust displayed. "Friends help each other, don't they, darling Deadra?"

30. - Top - End - #540

Deadfall leans down to see the picture.

Cant say that I have, sorry.
    When the gnome shows him the picture, he shakes his head. "Never seen him, but you're welcome to wait for him. Would you like anything in the meantime?"
    "To sad." The Gnnome says. "I rather not wait for him and I doubt if he wasn't here, he won't come here. At least he won't show up inside."