New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Portent to the Terminus

the Second of Lynoc, 8569

Due to the clouds dawn could not be considered to truly break until about eight in the morning and the rain was persistently falling as the morning wore on.

The time was now around ten and the guards at the gate had been rotating ever hour so as to not take cold in the dismal weather, no shipments of lumber or other trade goods were expected until the weather cleared and most of the townsfolk were indoors. This included the small number of skinners, explorers and other wilderness men who sat around the Burly Beaver Tavern and traded stories of manly escapades.

A large man with a short, thick and scraggly beard was standing by a table with his back to the wall telling the story of his fight with a bear, the men around the table cheered him on and challenged his boasts all while filling up on the ale that Druth Strongshovel (the dwarven owner of the establishment) gladly sold them.

Druth himself sat with a tall lean man at the bar and discussed various topics at various volumes as he had done since the man came in just after sunrise.

The men of the constabulary would swing by on their way off duty to check that all was well before continuing their circuit around the town, and when the two for the ten o'clock change enter and look around one stays behind after a few quiet words with his companion.
    Last edited by Visturon; 2007-04-29 at 01:59 AM.
    I want to meet Death, Cupid, the Creator, and a moose.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Portent to the Terminus

In the Burly Beaver Tavern, Naris pulls out his finely crafted lute, and starts up a cheerful song, a ditty about traveling along the road and wilderness. He has a thin, but strong frame, and firey red hair that seems to give his eyes the appearance of being dark red; that is, until you realize that they are dark red. A smile lines his face, but something darker seems to hide behind it.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Crystall_Myr; 2007-04-22 at 02:11 AM.
    Eye of War Meta-Knight avatar by myself.
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shale had been staying in this town for only a few days, but he felt it payed off, and he had learned some new things from the nature-lovers, books, and others around the town. This stop was not a failure at all. He was beginning to feel like perhaps he had extracted all the knowledge from the area, however, and decided he would be on his way within a few days, if things kept being slow like this.

One of the places he had rarely been was the local tavern, and he thought it would be a shame to skip such a place. He opened the door to the warm room, glad to be out of the cold, and was greeted with a couple strange glances that he was used to by now.

He was a medium height, comparable to an elf, and his dirty blonde hair stood up, adding another inch or two. He liked his hair like this, and, luckily, it seemed that it did too, becuse it wasn't hard for him to get it to stay. Aside from that, he wore a suit of leather, to which many small, lusterful gems and crystals had been artfully attached from head to toe. They looked cheap, probably considered trash by most jewlers, but they were indeed shiney. He also had 4 short, sheathed blades on his arms. One on each forearm and bicep. Those who looked when he came in must have picked up on his slightly... strange aura. It was this, more than the suit, that seemed to make people look.

He walked to the bar and sat down on the end away from the dwarf and other man, and is about to order a meal when the music starts. He turns, and can't help but listen, he had always enjoyed music.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Azrael has been in the town for a few weeks now, not that many would have noticed. He has spent his time wondering around and scouting the immediate area. He had noticed an increase in the number of visitors in the past few days; and found that when most of them were staying at the "Burly Beaver", a rather strange named tavern, that he should go and investigate.

He snuck into the tavern and made his way to the back to observe the other, and typically taller, humanoids. He made a quick summary of the apparent threat level and found that this place was relatively safe. He had spent the last few weeks in town without drawing too much unwanted attention, he hoped he could spend the next few days until he moved on.

Azrael is rather small and slim. Not even 4 feet tall, and barely under 40 lbs. He wears very poor looking peasants cloths, with a fairly shabby cloak to keep warm with. He appears to have fallen on hard times, and does not have a lot of money. He appears to be Gnome by race but seems to lack their enthusiasm, instead regarding everyone with a bit of suspicion.

Azrael waits in a dark corner half trying to be unseen using any poorly lit corner he can and lets events unfold in front of him.
    ((taking 10 on both checks Move silently 24, Hide 28))
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

5. - Top - End - #5

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

Two men of the constabulary have entered the tavern, one speaking to the other for a moment before one of them leaves. The one left behind is tall, looking to be around six-foot. He has black hair that reaches down to his jaw, which falls in clumps around his face for being soaked by the rain. His cloak has done nothing to stop the downpour from soaking him through, having been on watch duty for the past hour. He is wearing the breastplate armor of the constabulary which glistens from the many lamps lighting the tavern, drops of water covering it. He takes off his cloak and tries to wipe off most of the water that has soaked him before hanging it at the door and walking over to the bar.

He looks around the tavern, noticing almost immediately the bard and the strangely dressed man who had just walked in. "'Evening Druth," he greeted the bartender, motioning for his usual. In a lower voice he asks, "Any new faces tonight?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron walks through the square uncaring of the weather. Half-way through he looks up into the sky allowing the rain to directly hit him in the face. He gives a smile. He then proceeds to walking to the Burly Beaver Tavern. He looks in too the window before entering making sure their was no rustle going on. He then makes his way through the door. He goes up to Druth Hello Druth are you finally going to let me get some of that what do you call it alcohul? He gives a smile and looks at Nuada.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

Two lone figures were climbing out of the undergrowth just outside of New Sight this night, and one making much more noise than the other, due to his armor, the other looked quite annoyed to be anywhere near the town of New Sight. "Look, I know you hate the fact that they cut down the trees, but we have to go this way anyway, and I want to sleep in a bed for once."

Rodrick was only a little over 5 feet tall, with short silver hair and golden eyes, both traits giving away his unique heritage. He wore his Breastplate comfortably, and his mace was hung casually from his belt. His shield and his helmet were hung from his backpack. His companion was an elf who appeared to be a druid, and this assumption was supported by the fact that he was currently fighting with Rodrick about having to be in a logging town in the firstplace.

"One night...please Brelsan? Sleeping on moss is all well and good....when it isn't raining, and it's been ages since I was able to have a real bath. We'll be out by tomorrow. I promise!"

Before the elf could answer though, Rodrick was already walking towards the gate, expecting him to follow. They typically had an understanding about these kinds of things.

As quick as he could, he found the nearest tavern, which happened to be the Burly Beaver Tavern, and went in side. Sitting at the bar and making sure Brelsan was right beside him, he ordered a large mug of ale for himself and a bottle of the finest wine in the house for Brelsan. As he made his way through the first tankard, he finally relaxed enough to listen to the murmur of talk and music in the room.
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...
    http://narutodnd.jconserv.net/index.php

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Druth breaks off from the tall man at being spoken to and looks to find the speaker, apparently unaware that the man was even there, "Oh hello Nuada, welcome." then leaning in toward him and speaking low, "a few, but mostly some of the newcomers in town who have been here a week or two, they mostly stand out pretty well except that little guy trying to vanish into the corner by the hearth." then he looks up as Huron addresses him and laughs "I thought your people called it firewater? And are you gonna pay with conventional coins?"

Across the room the man telling the story seems upset that his story has been disturbed by singing and sets down in a rough angry way before listening himself.
    Last edited by Visturon; 2007-04-22 at 09:09 PM.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

9. - Top - End - #9

MindFlayer

Huron

What?! This is firewater?! I was too young to be given firewater in the tribe... He puts on a upset face, it fades quickly to a face of joy.And for money I have some! My guiding skills are becoming better each day! He gives a great big smile. He looks around the tavern. And see's a man(Rodrick)that he'd never seen in town before, the one with the sun symbol on his clothing. Huron walks over to him and smiles. Hello im Huron of the Crow Tribe! (He gives a big smile again) Why do you have a sun on you? Is it so you can see when it becomes dark or do you miss the sun?(He doesnt say this with sarcasm or humor, but with curiosity.)

To the adventures before Huron he appears as a young boy maybe 15, he is tan and has a pony tail type hair style. He wears light leather,hand woven moccassin boots, and a loin cloth. In his loin cloth belt he has a dagger and a very nicely crafted axe(tomahawk). He has behind him a neatly wool woven napsack the thread holding it goes across his left side to his right hip. His loin cloth has the picture of a Crow on it. Around his neck is a little piece of wood widdled down to about 2cm in width and 3cm in length it also has the image of a Crow carved into it.
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-22 at 09:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brelsan follows Rodrick, although he's slightly annoyed with his impulsiveness. Standing tall for an elf Brelsan's ears are covered by his long hair that goes down to his shoulders. He looks like a graceful human when his ears are covered. After drinking some of his wine Brelsan starts talking to Rodrick again. "Do we have to stay in this specific town? This happens to be a logging town. These people make a living of destroying forests. And besides, it stinks here."Brelsan quickley finishes his wine. "Still, since you're so eager, we can stay." Brelsan watches with interest and slight amusement when Huron asks about the sun that Rodrick has. "Actually he's a priest of Pelor, god of the sun. The sun would be Pelor's symbol. I don't worship Pelor. I follow a more..."uncivilized" approach to divine power. By the way, I'm Brelsan. Brelsan shakes Huron's hand.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2007-04-22 at 09:59 PM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #11

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron suprised jumps back for a second. He goes and shakes his hand while smiling. Oh yes shaking hands! Im still getting use to it im so sorry. Pelur? Does he own the sun? Realizing who he is talking to he starts getting all excited and energized. Your!Your! Your a druid right!? My father and the elders spoke very well and highly of you and your devotion to the great circle. He smiles..once again.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brelsan smiles when Huron recognizes him for a druid. "Does Pelor own the sun? You would have to ask my friend Rodrick here. I'm not much of a theologian but I like to think that no one owns the sun. Just like how no one can control nature. And yes I am a druid. But don't go around telling people. This town lives from the destruction of forests. I'm not sure they would agree with my ideology. To them trees are money. But let's talk about you. You seem to be a warrior. Did you fight for your tribe?"
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

"It might stink now, but think of how much less I'll smell after a good bath." Looking back to Huron. "Yes, this is Pelor's symbol. And, in a fasion, I guess you could say he owns the sun, but really it's just a symbol of him." Rodrick waits for Brelsan to finish shaking the young boy's hand, then he himself takes the him firmly by the hand and announced a little too loudly, "I am Rodrick, Cleric of Pelor. Pleased to meet you Huron." Noticing the crow on the boy's pack, he can't help but to ask, "So, where does this Clan of the Crow reside, and what brings you way out here?"
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...

14. - Top - End - #14

MindFlayer

Huron

A theoologaga? And I agree nature is as free as birds and as controllable as the raging river. Yes it is very sad that they cut down our forrests. I am no warrior.. He looks deeply upset at the question. I was not allowed to fight for my tribe when they needed me most. Im (some tears flow down his cheek) the last of my.....my..tribe. The rest were murdered... He takes a few seconds to find himself then looks at Rodrick. Im a guide through the forrest and I can sew alittle. How can the sun be him? He must be very small?
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-22 at 10:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Aurelia AC: 18 HP: 8

A short woman in a low cut white shirt and a medium short skirt bursts into the tavern followed by two huge light golden wings that sprout from her back. The clothes she wears cling to her nicely shaped body because they are soaked almost to a transparent point and her wings leave a trail of water across the floor from the amount of water they seem to have absorbed outside. She walks in looking around and taking everyone in the room in before going and grabbing a chair and carrying it over to set it down facing the fire in the big hearth, she then sets in it facing away from the hearth so that she straddles the back and is able to stretch out her wings in front of the flame. In doing so the room gets a little darker because she shadows it from the hearth’s bright flame.

She looks around for a barmaid and when one looks to her she just smiles and the young barmaid goes into the kitchen. After that she rests her chin on her forearms on the back of the chair and watches all the people in the room.
    When in love but not a returned love what is one to do? I find sleeping around works nicely.

16. - Top - End - #16

MindFlayer

Huron

Hurons attention is taken instantly when Aurelia walks in. His jaw starts to quiver and he lets out a few more tears. He pulls off his necklace and looks at the symbol and looks at her. He puts it back on and stares at her in enthrallment.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

"Pelor's Holy Might," Rodrick whispered. "That's the most extraordinary thing I've ever seen!" He couldn't help but stare not only at the marvelous wings but the beautiful woman they were attached to. He found that he could hardly tear his eyes from her, especially her face. It was a face that was beautiful, yes, but also held a hardness just under the skin. She'd seen a lot of difficult times.

He signalled the barmaid over and whispered into her ear. "Would you give that woman a drink, please? It'll be on me." Once she had walked away, he returned his eyes back to the woman who had so effectively captured all of his attention.
    No flames...

18. - Top - End - #18

Shale

Shale, like the other men, couldn't help but glance as the woman came in, but after the initial shock wore off, he took in her wings. Many questions ran through his head quickly.
    Hm? Odd. How... why does she have those? Are they real? Is she one of the residents of Celestia I read about? Or one of those, eh.. Harpys? No no, they're far more unsightly. I must know.

Shale spins around from his chair in the bar and walks to the woman, smiling, but, rather forwardly, talks quickly as he arrives by her; "Where did you get those? Are you from the material plane? Do they work? Why are they so brilliant? Do you mind if I sit? Were you born with them? ... oh, and, uh, you can call me Shale."
    His momentem is lost, and he realizes how he was acting. Shale looks to the side, averting his eyes from the girls wings as they had been before.
    "Sorry. I'll leave you alone if you want."

Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2007-04-22 at 11:05 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

The barmaid that Rodrick spoke to returns from the kitchen with a mug and handing it to the winged beauty says, giggling, "It seems the drink you wanted is on the knight in shining armor." and she starts off to another table when Druth redirects her to the water all over the floor.

Druth himself walks across the bar and holding out both his hands to Huron, one holding a mug and the other empty, says "Drink in moderation, you humans cant hold any good brew." He then turns his attention to the winged beauty and says "She came into town yesterday in the carriage out back and spent all last night chatting up my barmaids 'bout anything and everything that a woman could talk about, calls herself Aurelia."
    Last edited by Visturon; 2007-04-22 at 11:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron nudges Brelsan She has wings like a bird? But she is just a mere women? How is this possible? Have you seen things of this nature in the deep wild? Huron fiddles with dagger. He thanks Druth for the firewater then he takes a sip and sprays it all over the wall. He sticks his tounge out in disguse. I think it has gone bad?
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-23 at 12:03 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Naris

Unlike every other male human (or elf) in the room, Naris doesn't give Aurelia a second glance. Having grown up in the Abyss, things like that just really don't suprise you anymore. Rather, he just starts up another song.

He isn't just blissfully unaware, though; the Tiefling keeps his eyes and ears trained on the other people who entered. In particular, he picks up the mentions of Pelor. Pelor... one of the holy gods? I should probably try to keep my distance from him, for I don't believe Pelor incourages interaction with demonspawn.... He purposfuly makes sure that he doesn't seem to be paying attention, though, so he doesn't attract any interest from the cleric. He really doesn't need to, however, because Rodrick has his eyes fully glued onto the winged female.
    Last edited by Crystall_Myr; 2007-04-22 at 11:25 PM.
    Eye of War Meta-Knight avatar by myself.
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron looks around the room seeing how many people are looking at the winged one. He sees a man with crimson eyes staring at his new friend with a distaste. Huron decides to make his way over to greet him, first leaving his quite spoiled drink.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

Rodrick almost didn't realize that Huron is walking away. But even when he did, he found that he almost didn't care. "Aurelia....what a wonderful name...," he mumbled. What is this feeling? Why can't I turn away? Am I drunk? No, I can't be drunk, I'm not into my third mug yet. Pelor's Fist, my heart's going to burst from a chest in moment! Perhaps I just need a bit more ale...

Watching Aurelia from the corner of his eye, he slowly turned and went back to drinking.
    Last edited by Fenria; 2007-04-22 at 11:54 PM.
    No flames...

24. - Top - End - #24

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron walks up to the man with a smile. Hello im Huron, what happens to be the matter? He follows the mans gaze to Rodrick. Is their something you find intresting about Rodrick? Seeing how he isnt very intrested in conversation Huron makes his way back to Rodrick and Brelsan.
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-23 at 12:04 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Aurelia AC: 18 HP: 8

Aurelia watches the mens responces and reactions and enjoys the knowlegde of what she does to them as she sets there nearly motionless for a while.

She then flaps her grand wings being carefull to flick the last bit of the water from them in the cleric who seems so intent upon starring's direction. She stands up and walks over to the barmaid who is mopping up her mess and says "I really should get dressed, Estelle, would you mind lacing me up?"

As the two women start up the stairs together all the men still staring at Aurelia notice her grab the barmaid's hind end causing the girl to jump and squeek with surprise.
    When in love but not a returned love what is one to do? I find sleeping around works nicely.

26. - Top - End - #26

MindFlayer

Huron

Paying no attention to the two women makes his way to the man who stood there looking depressed. Hello im Huron of the Crow tribe. Are you ok? He looks back to the stairs. Hey dont mind her, shes just another piece of natures glory. Also she is just a women ehh?
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-23 at 05:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

"Brelsan...was that not the most beautiful woman you've ever seen? Her wings, her eyes....Everything!" Rodrick's mind was racing. He'd spent far to long with a small group of elven druids. For someone with the life span of a human, that could be pretty trying on the mind.

"Do I look alright? How's my hair? By Pelor, I should be bathed! Stop laughing, Brelsan!"

Relax, it's not like anything's going to come of it anyway, he told himself. Just get a few more beers and you'll get over it. But, as the bartender got him more to drink, he couldn't help but think that it really wouldn't help.
    No flames...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Druth moves over to Huron once again "uhmmf... Huron that drink costs 4 coppers, you have to give them to me now."

Two of the three barmaids who remain give each other a knowing look and laugh and the other just watches the stairs a little confused.

Moments after the two women are out of sight the men around the table where stories were being told brake into a ruckus of boasting and claims and bets that nearly drowns out the music.

Suddenly the doors open and in marches a man in a black robe with short well trimmed white hair, "Would somebody tell that WINGED WHORE TO PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!!" He marches straight to Druth and trying to look as impressive and imposing as he can at 5'4" says "How can you let a woman like her stay in your tavern? Much less let your employees socialize with her! Even the evil sluts at the Madame's are decently clothed when out in public!"

Druth replies perfectly calmly "Firstly Justice
    Cordeck, they are my employees not my children and not my slaves. Secondly you are the only one besides the rare angry wife who has any opposition to Madame GamGam's peaceful establishment. Thirdly you have no right to tell me who i can and cannot rent rooms to" and he raises his voice to a booming yell in his deep dwarven voice "OR TO INSULT MY GUESTS IN THE PRESENCE OF PEOPLE BETTER THAN YOURSELF!!"

The town Justice stands agape with anger and turns to storm out but turns back to reply and nothing comes out.

29. - Top - End - #29

Shale lets the woman walk past him as she goes upstairs, then returns to his seat at the bar and hunches over, in thought.
    Of course, of course... I'll have to wait for some other time. I'm not sure though, she didn't seem very personable. Mabye she was a harpy? Or... a siren? Do they have wings? I can't remeber. What was that demon called... sucu... It's far to loud in here to think!
    He looks up just before Druth's outburst, and looks around to see what's going on.

As the other man is left babbeling, Shale faces forword, unsure of what to do in the situation. I really should order some food or something...

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

Brought to real life for a moment by the shouting, Rodrick saw the man that had been called Justice get shouted down by the dwarf, which wasn't actually very special...dwarfs were good at shouting others down. But Rodrick thought that he should speak up in a way that might make sense to the Justice.

"Sir" He said, loud enough to be heard by the Justice and anyone listening. "I have a quick question. You seem to be wrapped up in the fact that Aurelia wears less clothing than normal. How does this hurt you? How does this hurt anyone? I can only imagine what her presence here has done for the business of this tavern." He nodded towards the Dwarven Barkeep. "How she dresses outside, though, is her choice, isn't? If she wants to reveal herself in ways normal women wouldn't, let her. With this kind of weather, she'll be lucky if she doesn't catch cold. So let her do as she wishes. I'm sure none of the men in here would disagree that she isn't hurting anyone...well, we can take exception to the barmaids, but forthrightly, no one is worse off for her presence."

He reached behind his back, picked up his drink, and took a swig of it before adding, "Just thought I'd make my own opinon heard." He took his seat again.
    No flames...