New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Portent to the Terminus

As Azrael broods in his dark corner, he watches the scene unfold in front of him as a rather flamboyant women enters the room. She is mildly attractive he admits. As heads turn he tries to get the feeling for everyone in the room ((Sense Motive take 10=17)). He watches and laughs to himself as the "holy man" goggles at the tantalizing seductress. He sneaks up to him, appearing at his shoulder almost like coming out of no where. "Don't even think about it kid, shes way out of your league. I've seen her type before, I'd give up if I were you." But when he sees her pinch the bottom of the barmaid he raises an eyebrow and murmurs to himself "Interesting". Azrael once again disappears into the shadows but this time he attempts to follow her upstairs. Move silently (1d20+14=24), Hide (1d20+18=33)
    Last edited by Theeon; 2007-04-23 at 06:39 PM.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brelsan

Brelsan notices the winged woman but is not as stunned as the other men in the bar. He had seen fey twice as beautiful. Brelsan turns to answer Huron's questions. "I don't think that has anything to do with nature. She's probably has some celestial blood in her." Brelsan starts laughing when Rodrick orders a drink for Aurelia. "Oh come on Rodrick, she's not that beautiful. There are fey and elves much better than her. You need to stop drinking." When Huron walks away Brelsan finishes of his drink. He tries to contain his laughter as Rodrick defends Aurelia. "You just want her to dress like that because you like looking at her, don't you?"
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron walks back to Brelsan and Rodrick. Umm im sorry about my behavior. Its just im very curious about new people and what they know. And you say she has celestial blood in her? Did she eat a celestial, whatever that is? Huron sits on a stool next to Brelsan. May I ask where you and the priest come from? And for that matter what brings you to this town?
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-23 at 05:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

Nuada turned to Huron, about to ask him who his new friends were, when Aurelia made her entrance. He sat there, stunned as he watched the scene unfold. He had seen what appeared to be woman flying around outside, but he never thought that such a person could actually exist! Only when Justice Cordek burst in yelling did he snap himself out of it. He turns to Cordek, saying, "the stranger's right sir. There's no need to get that angry about it. If there's a problem, we can just ask her politely to remain a bit more covered-up in town. There's no need to yell before speaking to her." He turned to Druth, "and you, Druth, should show a bit more respect to our justice. He does have a lot to deal with in this town, so again, there's no need to shout over such a minor problem."

He looked back to Cordek, "you can go home if you want sir. I'll see if I can talk to her about it and solve the problem when she comes back down."

Nuada takes a sip of his drink before turning towards the cleric and his companion. "Thanks for helping, friend. May I ask your names?"
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2007-04-23 at 06:20 PM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

5. - Top - End - #35

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron turns to Nuada. This is Rodrick,Cleric of Pelur and this great man is Brelsan. So how is it Nuada ive not seen you since last full moon when I last came to get supplys. Are you still bringing serenity and peace to this town? He gives a small smile and asks for some juice.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Karak
    Sweeping in from the cold and the rain swathed in a light grey cloak is a Human with a slightly stocky build. When he sweeps the hood off his head you see that his head is covered in a forest of shocking red hair and sinister looking green eyes sparkle in his head. He whips his cloak off and lays it by the fire. Catching sight of the two guards he nervously checks to see if they recognized him ((Sense motive: 17)). He then sits at the table where the rest of the party sits discussing their lives. Catching the tail end of Huron's statement he says
    "I am known in these parts as Karak. I originate from the glorious and far off city of Nefulel." Taking a swig from the ale that the barmaid placed at his face he continues "I have come in search of adventure and gold." As he says the word gold a close observer would have seen the flash of true lust appear in his green eyes. "So where have the rest of y'all come from?"
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

7. - Top - End - #37

MindFlayer

Huron

Oh hello? Umm well? Huron suprised by the straight forwardness of the new man moves in his seat slightly. Well I live in and out of this town. And im here to get out of this bad weather and to resupply.

8. - Top - End - #38

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

Nuada laughs at the sudden input of Huron as he sits down. "Yes Huron, I still protect New Sight. And the problem is you don't come often enough! I'm usually on guard duty or at my quarters writing my journal when you come into town. You could come visit me there!"

He turns to Rodrick and Brelsan saying, "It's good to meet you Rodrick and Brelsan. I'm Nuada Ailil. I'm a member of the constabulary here. I'm sorry if Huron here has bothered you. He is the most curious boy I've ever had the pleasure of meeting! What brings you to New Sight?"

When Karak enters, Nuada watches him sit next to him and make his declaration. Why did this man come in so suspiciously? I wonder what he wants.
    Characters:
    None right now!

9. - Top - End - #39

Brelsan

Brelsan chuckles when Huron suggests that Aurelia ate a celestial. "No, she didn't eat a celestial. I meant that she probably had a celestial parent. Celestials are holy beings of good. Chances are Aurelia here is also a devout believer of good. As for where me and Rodrick come from, we both set out from my druid's grove. We're wandering around the world. I'm wandering because I want to see the many wonders of nature, and get some money too. Rodrick here simply wants to do good deeds. He also has some celestial heritage but it's not as strong as Aurelia's." When Nuada comes to talk to Huron, Brelsan asks "You two know each other?" Brelsan responds to Karak. "Nefulel? I'm sorry to say that I'm not familiar with the place. I'm Brelsan by the way, and this man with the sun is Rodrick. You say you like gold? We share something in common. By the way, check out the hot winged chick. I honestly have seen (and slept with) nymphs who put her to shame. Still, she's something."
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2007-04-23 at 06:50 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #40

"Can I have an order of bread and cheese please?"
    Hopefully they're bread is better than that bland stuff they had in the last town.

As he sits at the bar, he shifts his listening from one conversation to the next throughout the room, trying to garner any useful information. When he hears the men behind him talk to the woman's origins, he slightly leans back and turns his head a bit to be able to hear better.
    Celestial. That's what they think. Hmm. Seems like the cleric would know one, perhaps. He can't help but give a quiet laugh-grunt when the savage man askes if she ate one. With their cinversation moving on to other topics, he too moves his focus to other groups, and eventully just listens to the music.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

11. - Top - End - #41

MindFlayer

Huron

Im sorry Nuada you know I love to be with nature too much to stay here for very long. I promise ill come and help you more ok? But you still havent told me why you like going to Madam Gamgams home so much? Huron looks Brelsan. Yes me and Mr.Nuada know each other. He has been at this town since I was much much smaller then I am now. He is very good at protecting and being a good friend. So this Aurelia she didnt eat a celestial is that how you say it? But she had a celestial parent? How strange. He drinks some of his juice trying to posture like the older men but fails horribly.
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-23 at 07:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

"Brelsan has the right of it, I do have Celestial heritage. Though whether Aurelia does or not is up for debate. If you noticed, her hair was brown, and her eyes green. These are not typical traits of someone with Celestial blood. I'm an example...my hair is silver, my eyes gold. Though there is a possibilty she's of a sacred background." He thinks for a moment, somewhere deep in his own mind. Without realizing he was saying it, he mumbled, "Though I would oh so love to find out more about her..."
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...
    http://narutodnd.jconserv.net/index.php

13. - Top - End - #43

Brelsan

"Find out all you want, she's not ...wild... enough for me. Nymphs on the other hand.... Hey! You should ask her to dance with you. We have music. Go for it Rodrick"
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

"Yeah, I think I will. I'll march right up to her room, where she and the barmaid are "lacing up" and ask her to dance. That'll go well. So well, in fact that she may only give me one hand print on my face. "

He looked longinly towards the stairs.

"I would, though, if I knew that she wouldn't be offended..."
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...

15. - Top - End - #45

"I think she squeezed that barmaids ass to keep away guys like you. She probably gets a lot of stares and wants guys to stop hitting on her. I'll be back" With that said Brelsan walks up the stairs to try to figure out what Aurelia is doing. He'll go past all the doors and will slow down if he hears anything. If he happens to stumble upon Aurelia and the barmaid in the hall he'll just say he was looking at the rooms.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2007-04-23 at 08:21 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

After Rodrick's logical appeal to the justice, Cordeck finds his tongue and argues back in what seems a very natural tone of spite and anger "Why must all adventure seekers feel their opinion is wanted anywhere they go? Your type is the scum of the world, feeding off those around you and bringing more trouble than you fix!" He turns to Nuada "And you, thinking a simple country boy constable can dismiss a towns chief of judging criminals? I will not stand for that in the future but since it seems I am surrounded by the incompetent and stupid who I can get nowhere with I may as well leave this up to you, at least I know you have good intentions if not the commonsense to use it." He storms out in a rush slamming the door behind him.

A barmaid brings Shale some bread and cheese.

Druth responds to Nuada moments after Justice Cordeck leaves "That man does not deserve to be a justice or to be treated with respect; a long time ago maybe but not any longer. And Huron you rabbit brained wild boy you owe me 4 coppers."

As brelsen reaches the top of the stairs he sees a small figure who seems part of the shadows open a door and vanish inside in a flash, Azrael enters the room before either woman is aware of his presence though the opening door grabs their attention.

The barmaid Estelle gives off a scream of shock and cries "GET OUT!"
    I want to meet Death, Cupid, the Creator, and a moose.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

17. - Top - End - #47

Aurelia AC: 18 HP: 8

Aurelia turns her head and looks at the man who has entered the room "Didn't get a good enough look in the common or did you just want to check if the wings were real?" She is now wearing dry cloths much like the ones from earlier but has the two slits running down under her wings still unlaced though one appears to have been nearly halfway done before being let go of by the jumpy barmaid. On the bed nearby lies a full outfit of finely crafted golden leather studded all over with decorative metal rivets.

She is completely calm as she turns around and says "So do you have a reason for being here or are you disturbing me for no reason?" she gives him a big-eyed curious kitten look and continues, "I'll be back in the common in ten minutes... if you can wait that long." She then turns away so that Estelle can continue lacing up her shirt.
    When in love but not a returned love what is one to do? I find sleeping around works nicely.

18. - Top - End - #48

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

"He's hotheaded at times, Druth. Just because he needs someone to calm him down every once in a while doesn't mean he shouldn't be treated with respect. I really feel bad for having to talk to him like that, but it was necessary if we didn't want the argument escalating. Here, take this." Nuada hands the bartender four copper pieces and turns to Huron. "Huron, your drink's on me tonight."

Suddenly, the scream of the barmaid pierces through the tavern. Nuada jumps up from his chair and walks quickly to the stairs. Calling up, he says, "are you okay up there?" before making his way up the stairs after Brelsen.
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2007-04-23 at 10:21 PM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

19. - Top - End - #49

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron jumps to his feet when he turns around from accepting Nuadas generosity. He then runs up the stairs ready for combat or whatever might happen. What?! What is it Nuada?! Huron fingers the hilts of his tomahawk and his dagger.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Three men now stand outside the door to Aurelia's room; and all see her getting her shirt laced up peacefully and the small dark figure standing in the doorway.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

Rodrick jumps to his feet upon hearing the scream come from upstairs. But he stopped mid step and forced himself to sit back down. There are already three guys, if not more up there...it'll be fine. It's probably nothing, and me rushing up will look like I'm expecting something. He signaled to the bartender again, but this time asked only for a good meal.
    Last edited by Fenria; 2007-04-23 at 11:54 PM.
    No flames...

22. - Top - End - #52

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

Nuada stands in the doorway, stunned for a moment, before speaking. "Go back downstairs Huron. Nothing happened." He steps into the room far enough to grab onto the small dark figure to pull him out of the room with him. "Sorry for disturbing you miss," he said before closing the door and pulling the small man with him back downstairs. "You too, Brelsen was it? There's no reason to be up here."
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2007-04-24 at 12:03 AM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

23. - Top - End - #53

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron hesitates for a second while he looks back from Nuada and Azrael still gripping his weapons handles quite tightly. Ok Nuada, but ill just be down the stairs. Huron turns around and walks down the stairs looking over his shoulder concerned about no one being hurt over such a thing. He makes his way to Rodrick. So Rodrick what is bothering you? He orders another...juice.I dont see why the little man wanted to see them that bad? All the barmaid was doing was helping her into her highly decorative armor.
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-24 at 12:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

"Well. You may be a bit too young to understand, but a lot of men will do a lot to see a woman unclothed in any fashion. So the little one was there, probably to see all that he could. A few of the others probably ran for a similar reason, but under the guise of protection. So, it's not what they were doing that they wanted to see...It's what they might have been doing."

He continued to eat as Huron mulled his words over.
    No flames...

25. - Top - End - #55

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron makes a puzzled face. Then starts laughing. Thats it? To see a women unclothed? They will do anything to see that? I wonder why, my people never acted so? Nudity was fairly common among my people. But I must say Mr.Nuada is an honest and good man. Thats why I went up there, to help Mr.Nuada if there was any trouble. He went up there to make sure no trouble was occuring. Im glad to see you did not do the same and act as strange as them.
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-24 at 12:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

"Thank you Huron," Nuada said, coming back into the common area, "I resent that Roderick," he said jokingly.
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2007-04-24 at 05:10 PM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

27. - Top - End - #57

"Alright everybody, scram. We shouldn't be disturbing Ms, or is it Mrs? Aurelia." Brelsan heads back down.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Azrael

((before all this happens))
    Azrael leans against the doorway as if he has done nothing wrong. As the barmaid continues to scream he says, "Shut that women up before I do. I only came up here because i thought it might be more interesting then hanging down there with that dry bunch." As a bunch of men rush up the stairs he only shakes his head [Infernal:"Fools, and mindless oafs".]. As the tall man tries to grab him a sinister looking blade is produced out of his cloak. He holds it against the mans wrist. "If you want to keep that hand you will take it off of me. I have legs, I can walk. Unless you would prefer to do this the hard way." He says all this with no emotion as if it wouldn't really bother him that much to take this mans life (or be that difficult). (Assuming he is let go he then literally vanishes)

((Ghost step, silence, runs back to my corner in the common room))
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

The part of Daracaex's last post stating " "This was the problem right here," he explained, motioning toward the dark-clad gnome. "Okay, who are you and what were you doing sneaking into the rooms of the people staying here?" He motions to Druth to come over and explains the situation to him. " is void and ignorable.

Druth comes over to Daracaex and questions "What was the trouble?"

Also with the scream and men running upstairs the table full of men goes silent and listens in on the talk.
    Last edited by Visturon; 2007-04-24 at 03:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron looks at Druth still quivering in fear/excitment Well this little man...(he looks around franticaly) went up into the winged womens room and was spying on here when she was changing. And Nuada rushed to make sure everything was fine when the other girl screamed. Then after that the man he...he just vanished!
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-24 at 04:19 PM.