New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: Portent to the Terminus

Nuada

"Yeah, that's pretty much it." He becomes angry. "If I find out where that man went... He threatened to kill me! Then he just vanished, like a flame being blown out. I've never seen such a thing!"
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2007-04-24 at 07:53 PM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That is odd but dont get to riled up over this, if he can vanish into thin air than he might be dangerous." Druth returns "Anyway I'll apologize to the lady when she comes back down. Well how about we all have a seat and hear all the stories you rovers probably have over some good ale." He walks to an open table in the middle of the room and has a seat.

The large man who was telling a story when you all first came in now walks over to Naris, and asks in a very confident and used to being listened to way "Not that its bad but the musics getting wearing, you mind taking a break for a while." and it was not said as a question. He hands Naris a silver piece and walks back to his buddies.
    I want to meet Death, Cupid, the Creator, and a moose.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Azrael watches as the others come down the stairs. So is this all this town has to offer. If thats so maybe they are not worth me wasting my skill on. I will wait two more days and if nothing good turns up I will be on my way. Hmmm.... maybe I'll invite the angel-women to come with me, she could be...useful, to say the least.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brelsan

When Brelsan gets down the stairs he whispers into Rodrick's ear "I think we have some hellspawn on the loose. When I went upstairs there was a man sneaking around up there. The perv was trying to look at Aurelia. The barmaid screamed when she saw him. But here's the thing, he had blood red eyes. Whatever he is, he isn't human. Or any of the humanoid races for that matter. He just disappeared when we caught him. We should hunt him down. He can't be up to any good. And if Aurelia is half-celestial then she will definitely help us. She should be down soon. If we have a fiend loose in this inn then we are all dead. In the meantime I think that I should warn Huron. Watch the door. He may sneak out with his invisibility." With that said Brelsan wanders over to Huron. "Don't blurt this out when you hear what I say. I think the man who disappeared is a fiend. Or at least has fiend blood in him. Did you see his red eyes? We need to find him. Talk to Rodrick if you don't know what a fiend is." Brelsan walks up the stairs and knocks on Aurelia's door. If it opens or he can come in he'll talk."Sorry to bother you but there's something important that I need to talk about. The man who was sneaking around here. He's disappeared into thin air. But before he disappeared I noticed that he had blood red eyes. There's something wrong about the way he looks. I think he has some fiend blood in him and can't be up to any good at all. Do you want to help me find him? I presume that you would you being part celestial. Or did those wings come from another source?"
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Karak
    Karak is still sitting at the table, looking amusedly at his companions searching for the man who was upstairs. He finishes off his ale with a giant swig and orders a meal from the barmaid.
    Man, it seems these people are a bunch of uptight prudes.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Huron

Hurons grip tightens on his drink when Brelsan tells him of the small man being a fiend. He stands up and goes outside. He pulls out his weapons once he is outside and cleans them in the rain. Making small prayers to the Great Crow. Then he puts them back in his belt and walks back inside the tavern.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Druth turns toward the door and speaks in a guttural language [Dwarven]: "Thram, close the door and get all the others closed too." Then a man more like a bear who had been sitting motionless until now next to the door stands and closes the great front doors and throws a massive beam across to lock it before he heads into the kitchen.

The men at the table see something going on though they didnt seem to catch quite what and many stand up only to slump back into their chairs drunkenly. However the big bearded man stands up and walks over to Druth "Whats the deal that makes the door need to be sealed? And can I help?"

Druth turns to him, "Sure we are looking for the little guy who followed the girls upstairs. Set your drunks over there to turning over every chair in the room."
    I want to meet Death, Cupid, the Creator, and a moose.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Naris

Naris's eyes flutter open at the mention of a fiend, but when he realizes that they aren't talking about him, he almost laughs (but doesn't). He shrugs, not his problem, and closes his eyes again, keeping his ears open for any conversation, though.

Listen check: 1d20+5=17
    Last edited by Crystall_Myr; 2007-04-24 at 10:13 PM.
    Eye of War Meta-Knight avatar by myself.
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

"Yeah, let's hope that we can find him. I'd like to get a hold of him myself, for two reasons. One, for doing something so depraved. Two, for doing what I wanted to do." He says this to Brelsan, with a slightly joking tone at the last part, but not much of one. "Go see if she'll join us, I'll stay and see what I can see."

(Takes 20 on Spot while scanning the room. Roll = 27)
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...
    http://narutodnd.jconserv.net/index.php

10. - Top - End - #70

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron starts to walk around the tavern (not trying to spot him or really searching) He goes up the stairs. And searches up there.

((Takes 20 on search=25))
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-24 at 10:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

Nuada scans the room slowly with Roderick, meticulously going over every corner of the room. "Roderick," he says to the priest, "you're a cleric right? I've never met one before, but I've heard rumors that they have skill with divine magic, bestowed upon them by their god. What do you know about invisibility?"
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2007-04-25 at 12:20 AM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

"Invisibility? Oh, I've heard of it. But it's always been from the frequenters of my old pub, or the loony who lived on the edge of my city who believed that he could talk to the rocks. I've never acutally seen someone use it before." He continues looking while he talks.

"I've seen things tonight that I didn't think I'd see in my entire lifetime, so I wouldn't be very surprised if this guys turned out to be a fiend after all."
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...

13. - Top - End - #73

Shale

Lets see... what did that text say about all those outsiders that can fly? Perhaps it's her race? Don't angels have wings?
    ((Knowledge:
    the planes, nature, religion(untrained): (1d20+6=7, 1d20+4=19, 1d20+3=13)))

Shale takes more than just a short moment to notice that his food arrived, and dosn't react to the screams from upstairs, although he appreciates the temperary quiet in this chaotic place that seemed to follow, shortlived as it was.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

14. - Top - End - #74

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron goes down the stairs putting his weapons away. He sits down at the bar and closes his eyes trying to be calm and cool headed. He then gets up and looks around the tavern not scanning for the man but just to see how much comostion this little nusance has caused. He then sighs. He says this in a semi-relaxed tone Little man. Please come out of hiding. I give you my solemn oath that I will not hurt you and will die defending you if you just come out. (While he says the oath he pulls out his dagger and makes a slight cut in his hand causing it to bleed. Then he grabs his necklace pulling it off his neck and holding it up) I swear on my familys spirits and the honor of our once great clan!
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-25 at 01:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After a few minutes of letting them ransack the common room he starts making his way to the bar. A bunch of unskilled louts. But they do have tenacity I will give them that. Maybe I will stick around. They could use me watching over them and protecting them, they will just get themselves killed with out it. He appears at Shale's side as he pulls out a chair and sits down. "Do you mind" he motions to the bread and cheese. If allowed he grabs some and begins to eat. "So, whats all this about" he motions to the large crowd behind him and smiles when no one is looking.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

16. - Top - End - #76

MindFlayer

Huron

Once Huron sees Azrael and hurrys over to him and sits right next to him. Im glad you decided to join us "Whispering Wind" im Huron of the Crow tribe. Please may I know your name and how you did your amazing thing? Like I promised you. I will protect you until I die if you are attacked. From here till we depart tonight. I have sworn it on the honor and respect of my entire clan.
    Last edited by anarch_nomad; 2007-04-25 at 01:56 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Brelsan walks down the stairs once Aurelia gives a reply. He stands next to Rodrick and gets ready to torch Azrael if he shows any hostility.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

18. - Top - End - #78

Shale

"Err... you. I believe. Or someone like you. For some reason. I wasn't really paying attention."
    He scoots over slightly away from the other two men, and pushes the food to
    Azrael a bit.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Azrael

He looks toward Huron,"Oh beleive me, my little ignorant friend I can do much more than just that." He pretends to walk away, heading towards the nearest table, before he raises his hand as Huron tomahawk flies into it. He twirls it around in his hand a little before before slaming it into the table make a very lound sound. He shouts to the room,"Hey! It's getting abit crowded in here, and thats a bit against my style so Im going to be out side if you still want to search for me." He chuckels to him self as the search party, whose attention was on the wrong side of the room, is suddenly drawn to him (along with the shocked faces that probablly follow). With that he starts toward the door.

((mage hand on Tomahawk, I will wait for response until I finish the rest of my action.))
    Last edited by Theeon; 2007-04-25 at 10:17 AM.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

20. - Top - End - #80

Brelsan

"Don't move or else the last thing you see will be a ball of fire!" If Azrael doesn't stop Brelsan will cast Flaming Sphere and direct it towards Azrael
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

21. - Top - End - #81

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

Nuada turns toward the voice with a start. He looks at the gnome in shock and anger for a second, then realizes the situation everyone was in. Chuckling to himself a bit, he looks toward Brelsan and says, "There's no need for that Brelsan. We only need to talk with him." He then follows Azrael outside. "You managed to create quite a commotion in there stranger. Loooking back, I can almost laugh at our apparent overreaction. Forgive us, but we haven't seen magic before and were quite startled when you disappeared like that, especially after threatening me." His face grows serious. "I must ask that you don't do such a thing again while you are in this town. I have been charged with protecting the peace here and would appreciate it if you made my job a bit easier, especially in my off-duty time." Nuada smiles again, trying to be friendly and says, "Well, sorry for the lecture. Now why don't you join us back inside? I'm curious to know how you did all those things." He motions toward the the tavern and begins walking back inside, pausing at the door to see if the gnome is following him before walking back inside and sitting at the table next to Huron.
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2007-04-25 at 04:12 PM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

22. - Top - End - #82

"And what if he runs? Or disappears? Or stabs someone?"
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

23. - Top - End - #83

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada (on his way out the door)

"Then we'll take care of that if it happens, but all he has done is cause a little chaos. I'll talk to him about that now. I'd rather trust in the good of people rather than assume they'll stab me in the back."
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2007-04-25 at 04:29 PM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

24. - Top - End - #84

"And I give out trust when it is earned instead of deluding myself about the intentions of others."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

25. - Top - End - #85

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

"Fine then I'll keep that in mind."

If Azrael is reasonable about this whole deal and comes back in with Nuada, then Nuada whispers that Azrael did not register as evil to Brelsan when he comes back.

Characters:
    None right now!

26. - Top - End - #86

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron follows Azrael outside but on his way outside he gets his tomahawk from the table. He then stays in a close proximity around him. When Brelsan talks about hitting him with fire then Huron gets ready. Then relaxes when Nuada talks to him. He joins Azrael inside if he goes.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Azrael
    "You" He looks towards Brelsem "stop talking while you still can. And you" He looks toward Nuada "I do not threaten lives, I end them. I did not threaten you, I just do not like being touched, you would do well to remember that." He walks away with Nuada.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

28. - Top - End - #88

MindFlayer

Huron

Huron trails behind him hands ready for conflict. He does however laugh at the little mans arrogance.

29. - Top - End - #89

ElfMonkGuy

Nuada

"Very well. I guess I did overreact there," Nuada says.

(Proceed with scene outside)

Nuada is waiting at the door for Azrael to respond.
    Characters:
    None right now!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrick

Rodrick walks to the door (assuming that Azreal isn't inside yet) and says, "Sir, could you please tell me how you did that? I've heard of the power to turn invisible before, but have never encountered it."

(If Azreal is already inside, Rodrick says the same thing, but remains seated and motions for Azreal to take a seat next to him, followed closely by saying the same thing as above)
    No flames...