New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Spoilers from PaizoCon

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Warlock and Zealot have sort of switched spots power-wise. Warlock's main draw was Mystic Bolt, and although you can now TWF with bolts alone, they're stuck at 1d6 + 1/4 levels instead of 1d6 + 1/level. Why did they take off 15 damage from it? I haven't a clue, but it's stupid.
    Only just noticed the damage now... and my character is now screwed since he used mystic bolts for combat...

On the plus side, it does bypass SR now, but it's damage is too low for my high level warlock considering everything has energy resistance.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-07-09 at 10:23 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #122
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'd still rather Vigilante be a "secret identity" subsystem available to a variety of classes, so I just can't get into it.

Psychic magic stuff though - gimme gimme! Man, those Medium archetypes sound fun, especially the creep-tastic reanimated medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Not a major math Guru here, but Im left in a pickle. I am the owner of the "Rouge Genius guide to" books for Monk, Rouge, Barbarian, and Fighter. They come with much flexibility.

However the Unchained versions are also good too. I don't know which versions to use in my games. Or is it possible to fuse them all together?
    Haven't read the RGG versions but I can vouch for Unchained Rogue and Barbarian. The Unchained Monk is very tricky - compared to the core monk it's a clear upgrade, due to being able to pounce and a few other things, but once archetypes and splats enter the picture the old monk might actually pull ahead a bit. Certainly the old monk's archetypes make a strong case for it like Tetori, MoMS, Zen Archer, Far Strike, Flowing, Sensei etc; the Unchained Monk has a ways to go before it can match all that versatility.

There is no Unchained Fighter though, unless you meant the Stamina system? You can bolt that onto any other version of the Fighter (or any martial class at all) that you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I'd still rather Vigilante be a "secret identity" subsystem available to a variety of classes, so I just can't get into it.
    Give the amateur vigilante feat-line to all your PC's automatically when they meet the prerequisites.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Give the amateur vigilante feat-line to all your PC's automatically when they meet the prerequisites.
    Does that even exist yet? I know it was a consideration, but I don't remember seeing text of it.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2015-07-10 at 10:40 AM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati View Post
    Does that even exist yet? I know it was a consideration, but I don't remember seeing text of it.
    Not yet. But Jason said during the Know Direction that the team really likes the idea of the feat and thinks it should exist, so it's probably going to exist.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Not yet. But Jason said during the Know Direction that the team really likes the idea of the feat and thinks it should exist, so it's probably going to exist.
    Ah.

Only just noticed the damage now... and my character is now screwed since he used mystic bolts for combat...

On the plus side, it does bypass SR now, but it's damage is too low for my high level warlock considering everything has energy resistance.
    I'd bet money on there being magic items and feats to enhance Mystic Bolt when the book comes out. Doesn't help you much atm though.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

7. - Top - End - #127

Some people have no started to get their Occult Adventures PDF's and have started giving information on stuff from the book.

Spoiler: Table of Contents
    Show
    INTRODUCTION 4
    CHAPTER 1: OCCULT CLASSES 8
    Kineticist 10
    Elements 14
    Wild Talents 15
    Medium 30
    Spirits 33
    Medium Spells 37
    Mesmerist 38
    Mesmerist Spells 44
    Occultist 46
    Implement Schools 50
    Occultist Spells 58
    Psychic 60
    Psychic Disciplines 64
    Psychic Spells 69
    Spiritualist 72
    Spiritualist Spells 76
    Phantoms 78
    Racial Favored Class Options 84

CHAPTER 2: ARCHETYPES 86
    Kineticist 88
    Medium 92
    Mesmerist 96
    Occultist 100
    Psychic 104
    Spiritualist 108
    Other Class Archetypes 112

CHAPTER 3: FEATS 126
    Types of Feats 128
    Feat Descriptions 128
    Feat Table 130

CHAPTER 4: PSYCHIC MAGIC 142
    Psychic Magic 144
    Spell Lists 145
    Spells 156

CHAPTER 5: OCCULT RULES 192
    Occult Skill Unlocks 194
    Auras 198
    Chakras 200
    Psychic Duels 202
    Possession 206
    Occult Rituals 208
    Sample Occult Rituals 209
    Creating Occult Rituals 214

CHAPTER 6: RUNNING AN OCCULT GAME 216
    Running an Occult Game 218
    Occult Locations 226
    Loci Spirits 226
    New Haunt Rules 228
    New Haunts 230
    Ley Lines 232
    Mindscapes 234
    Esoteric Planes 238

CHAPTER 7: OCCULT REWARDS 246
    Adventuring Gear 248
    Alchemical Items251
    Magic Items 252
    Cursed Items 265
    Artifacts 267

INDEX 270
    Open Game License 271

Spoiler: Archetypes
    Show
    Kineticist:
    Blood Kineticist (Turns a water kineticist into a blood based one)
    Elemental Annihilator (Greater damage output)
    Elemental Ascetic (Trades away somethings like the standard kinetic blast and gives you things like unarmed damage, wisdom to AC, "can" use wisdom for kineticist stuff)
    Kinetic Chirurgeon (Focused on the kinetic healer power, gets paladin mercy's)
    Overwhelming Soul (Charisma based kineticist, compatible with blood kineticist, removes burn)

Medium:
    Kami Medium (Has kami instead of spirits)
    Reanimated Medium (A medium who is died, and has their own potential future selves for spirits)
    Relic Channeler
    Spirit Dancer
    Storyteller

Mesmerist:
    Cult Master (Gives you a cult, and can be revived by possessing your cohort)
    Spirit Walker
    Toxitician (Poison/Toxin based)
    Vexing Daredevil

Occultist:
    Battle Host ( forms a bond with weapon, armor, and shield. )
    Necroccultist (They learn and contact with the dead instead of item or outsiders. )
    Sha'ir - (Has minor genies rather than artefacts - Thank god that mark made this)
    Totem Eater (Gain power by actually eating books and scrolls.)

Psychic:
    Amnesiac
    Formless Adept
    Mutation Mind
    Psychic Duelist (Makes you better at psychic duels)

Spiritualist:
    Ectoplasmatist (Synthesist)
    Fractured Mind
    Geist Channeler (Your spirit/phantom is more ghost-like, and cannot become physical)
    Haunted (You make your spirit/phantom more powerful instead of the other way around.)
    Onmyoji

Others:
    Ectochymist (Alchemist) (Can trap ghosts)
    Promethean Alchemist (Alchemist) (Losses bombs and mutagen to gain a homunculus companion.)
    Flesheater (Barbarian)
    Phrenologist (Bard)
    Silver Balladeer (Bard)
    Ghostrider (Cavalier) (Gives you a spectral horse)
    Sensate (Fighter) - (They gain battle advantages due to their keen senses. They gain some attack bonuses and other handy things. Gets perception as a class skill)
    Relic Hunter (Inquisitor) (Uses divine relics to cast your spells)
    Psychic Detective (Investigator) (Replaces alchemy with psychic powers)
    Esoteric (Magus) (Gets tattoos)
    Mindblade (Magus) (Soulknife)
    Karmic Monk (Monk)
    Ghost Hunter (Paladin)
    Escapologist (Rogue)
    False Medium (Rogue)
    Ley Line Guardian (Witch) (Gets two class abilities that are focused on using ley lines. One of them turns the Witch into a spontaneous caster.)

Promethean Disciple (Alchemist Discovery) (Based on the promethean archetype, I'm going to Assume that it grants you a homunculus)
    Order of the Eastern Star (Cavalier Order)
    Order of the Shroud (Cavalier Order)
    Ectoplasm (Sorcerer Bloodline)
    Psychic (Sorcerer Bloodline)
    Ethereal (Witch Patron)
    Mind (Witch Patron)

Spoiler: Kineticist
    Show
    Utility talents are gained at even levels and infusions (or sometimes utility talents based on expanded element) at odd levels.

Burn has not changed, but there is an archetype that removes it called Overwhelming Soul. "In exchange for losing out on being able to do burn stuff, you get bonuses, a larger internal buffer (but what's an internal buffer, you may ask) and you use Cha instead of Con, so even undead can play along!"

Can get energy resistance/immunity through talents.

Pyro's (maybe more than just pyro's but definitely pyros) get access AoE's at level 1.

Spoiler: New Force Spells
    Show

Etheric shards, incorporeal chains, telekinetic storm.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-07-15 at 09:53 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Some people have no started to get their Occult Adventures PDF's and have started giving information on stuff from the book.
    Oooh, neat. Can't wait for the full release.

Kineticist:
    Blood Kineticist
    awwww yeeeah

Utility talents are gained at even levels and infusions (or sometimes utility talents based on expanded element) at odd levels.
    Excellent. Do you know if there are more (or better) utility talents, too?

Burn has not changed, but there is an archetype that removes it called Overwhelming Soul. "In exchange for losing out on being able to do burn stuff, you get bonuses, a larger internal buffer (but what's an internal buffer, you may ask) and you use Cha instead of Con, so even undead can play along!"
    Oooh, cool. Being Cha-based is a sizable hit, but it's a fair balance assuming non-OS kineticists take a few points of burn every day. I hope it's compatible with Blood Kineticist.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Excellent. Do you know if there are more (or better) utility talents, too?
    Yeah, was just talking with mark about that. Because of the playtest had most people wanting more skill and utility abilities he has made the class have a much better ability in that area, with less focus on just being a supernatural martial character. Though the annihilator archetype changes that to be much much less focus on utility and instead being most optimized for combat.

I hope it's compatible with Blood Kineticist.
    If it isn't many dhampir and vampire kineticists shall be disappointed.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Yeah, was just talking with mark about that. Because of the playtest had most people wanting more skill and utility abilities he has made the class have a much better ability in that area, with less focus on just being a supernatural martial character. Though the annihilator archetype changes that to be much much less focus on utility and instead being most optimized for combat.

If it isn't many dhampir and vampire kineticists shall be disappointed.
    I mean it has to because vampires!

Also, I wouldn't say the non-annihilator kineticist is less focused on damage capability than in the playtest. In fact, there are a few areas of damage boosts. It just isn't more focused on it.
    Last edited by Rogue Eidolon; 2015-07-13 at 10:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Eidolon View Post
    I mean it has to because vampires!
    ^ Continued evidence of some dev's activity and awesomeness. Thanks for being so open and your communication with the community.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-07-13 at 10:31 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

^ Continued evidence of some dev's activity and awesomeness. Thanks for being so open and your communication with the community.
    Nah, it's not from any sort of awesomeness I'd say; nervousness really, both nervous excitement and regular nervousness. Subscribers have their pdfs but I haven't gotten to make my official preview, so I'm nervously watching in case snippet previews give an inaccurate sense of what's to come (or just present misleading information when the previewer wasn't as into the playtest as the person asking them questions).

But of course, thanks for the thanks, and you're always welcome!
    Last edited by Rogue Eidolon; 2015-07-13 at 10:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133

Nah, it's not from any sort of awesomeness I'd say; nervousness really, both nervous excitement and regular nervousness. Subscribers have their pdfs but I haven't gotten to make my official preview, so I'm nervously watching in case snippet previews give an inaccurate sense of what's to come (or just present misleading information when the previewer wasn't as into the playtest as the person asking them questions).

But of course, thanks for the thanks, and you're always welcome!
    Considering how many bits of extra content you've teased with the kineticist and medium over the months, it's been pretty awesome. That pig farmer mob spirit was pretty funny, and it didn't take long for my players to try and think of ways to use it.

And, for the people who've been watching the kineticist most they'd already had like a "preview but not a preview" ages ago when you discussed some of those ideas you had for changes after the playtest like changing feel the burn into elemental overflow that granted ability score bonuses so people didn't feel they had to turn into a elemental form. So I'm mainly curious whether all those ideas went through, how they changed, etc. So the blog preview will be nice to see stuff on how the kineticist has gone with a more solid idea than just snippets that likely wont portray the class completely because of the lack of context that has the exist till the actual release date.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Considering how many bits of extra content you've teased with the kineticist and medium over the months, it's been pretty awesome. That pig farmer mob spirit was pretty funny, and it didn't take long for my players to try and think of ways to use it.

And, for the people who've been watching the kineticist most they'd already had like a "preview but not a preview" ages ago when you discussed some of those ideas you had for changes after the playtest like changing feel the burn into elemental overflow that granted ability score bonuses so people didn't feel they had to turn into a elemental form. So I'm mainly curious whether all those ideas went through, how they changed, etc. So the blog preview will be nice to see stuff on how the kineticist has gone with a more solid idea than just snippets that likely wont portray the class completely because of the lack of context that has the exist till the actual release date.
    Glad you liked The Uprising! I had a lot of fun playtesting that one too. There's some other really fun unreleased ones too.

As to kineticist, many of those proposed changes are alive and kicking in the final. I can't wait for the preview blog to share more with everyone!

15. - Top - End - #135

Hi Mark!

Any big additions to the Psychic list? Logan mentioned it was going to get more blasting and TK abilities, is that true? Did it get any form of summoning?
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Hi Mark!

Any big additions to the Psychic list? Logan mentioned it was going to get more blasting and TK abilities, is that true? Did it get any form of summoning?
    Enormously more spells on the psychic's list now than before, many of which are from OA itself (I seem to recall the size of the spell list more than doubled, but I may be misremembering). There's some pretty strong ones and some pretty cool ones, and sometimes an overlap between them. But it's not really my place to tease specific spoilers from Logan's class.
    Last edited by Rogue Eidolon; 2015-07-13 at 11:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

In the occult rules chapter is there any section of that which you specifically worked on? I liked your Dynamic Item Creation and Poison/Disease rules previously.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

In the occult rules chapter is there any section of that which you specifically worked on? I liked your Dynamic Item Creation and Poison/Disease rules previously.
    Unlike Unchained, there weren't lots of pages of stuff we cut from the turnovers and thus space to write all new things like DIC, P/D, or ABP. Though sometimes in my dev pass I wrote or rewrote everything, pretty much in archetypes (like the medium archetypes for instance). However, unlike in Unchained, in OA I got a development pass on everything in the book, even if I wasn't the author. Now, that doesn't mean I had the final say or anything like that, but I got to help out and comment on pretty much everything.
    Last edited by Rogue Eidolon; 2015-07-14 at 12:30 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Enormously more spells on the psychic's list now than before, many of which are from OA itself (I seem to recall the size of the spell list more than doubled, but I may be misremembering). There's some pretty strong ones and some pretty cool ones, and sometimes an overlap between them. But it's not really my place to tease specific spoilers from Logan's class.
    Excellent, that's all I needed there.

Last question - concerning the auras teased in the preview, are there any mechanics around helping you read them? Are there skill checks to do so, feats, spells or items?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #140

Excellent, that's all I needed there.

Last question - concerning the auras teased in the preview, are there any mechanics around helping you read them? Are there skill checks to do so, feats, spells or items?
    Well, the preview mentions a read aura skill unlock, and that preview is the entirety of the aura section.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Yahoo!

I can't wait to see their full spell list

If the Psychic Detective trades alchemy for psychic spell I will seriously lose my beans.
    Last edited by (Un)Inspired; 2015-07-14 at 02:52 AM.
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
    Yahoo!

I can't wait to see their full spell list

If the Psychic Detective trades alchemy for psychic spell I will seriously lose my beans.
    Prepare yourself for bean misplacement! (for instance, if you leave them near your phone, you might be able to use your GPS to track the beans)

23. - Top - End - #143

Well, the preview mentions a read aura skill unlock, and that preview is the entirety of the aura section.
    So Auras aren't mentioned anyplace else in the book but those two places? No spells or items that interact with them?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Prepare yourself for bean misplacement! (for instance, if you leave them near your phone, you might be able to use your GPS to track the beans)
    Beans Lost
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

So Auras aren't mentioned anyplace else in the book but those two places? No spells or items that interact with them?
    In comparison to, say, Unchained, which was a toolbox of disparate optional rules with ideas on how to build your own, Occult Adventures is much more integrated; all the little rules come together with the intent of evoking a specific feel for your game. As such, while Milo is correct that the entire section titled "auras" was previewed, in fact there are definitely other elements that interact with auras, just as you predicted.

26. - Top - End - #146

I think I must have misspoke, that second bit I said was meant to be me saying like "there isn't more to that section, so the content related to it through the book will likely be minimal rather than tonnes of things everywhere". I wasn't saying it wasn't going to be mentioned anywhere else, more just saying that section seemed more like fluff explanation of existent mechanics like detect evil than being a new crunch-thing that'll be through the book, so while there may be things like the skill unlock I'm not expecting a giant amount of content relating to it.

Sorry for that confusion.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Should there be a book about Occult Adventures, or are we going to wait for a wider release?

28. - Top - End - #148

Thanks Milo and Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    Should there be a book about Occult Adventures, or are we going to wait for a wider release?
    It is a book: Occult Adventures

The PDFs are available for subscribers now, and everyone else can buy them 7/29.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

... Thread. I meant thread. I must be tired.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

So, um... is bean loss good, or bad?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!