New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 181: 0.55% Cooler Than The Last One!

[Kitchen]

"Aye." He's met and killed dragons, but he doesn't intend to tell her that. Yet.

"Mushrooms." He says between bites. "Lucky says young, because Lucky sees your horns are not fully grown."

A deep sniff later, and he decides to aid her cooking... by 'taste-testing' the hamburger patties. He picks one up and starts to put it in his mouth.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    ((^.^))

"Library works!" Cirae smiles brightly, reaching out to squeeze Civvy's hand. "Not like I can't get settled later, and you're nice. Soooo I don't see why I'd do that over spending time with you?" She shrugs, looking slightly bemused. People are so silly sometimes.

"Speaking of the library, though! What sorts of things do you usually read?" The frost mage tilts her head curiously to the side, expression rapidly shifting to curiosity. "I mean, books, obviously but there are a lot of those."
    "Aaaaaall righty! Library it is!

Uhhhh."
    Civvy has to think about this one as they walk to the library. "Fantasy books. Manga. Some sci-fi."

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Kitchen]

"Aye." He's met and killed dragons, but he doesn't intend to tell her that. Yet.

"Mushrooms." He says between bites. "Lucky says young, because Lucky sees your horns are not fully grown."

A deep sniff later, and he decides to aid her cooking... by 'taste-testing' the hamburger patties. He picks one up and starts to put it in his mouth.
    Kitchen

"Oh okay. So you're just instantly judging by appearances. Gotcha." Catherine frowns at Lucky slightly. "Also please don't do that. These are my hamburger patties, not yours." She doesn't move to stop him, though she has no intention of taking the meat back.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Lucky just laughs. "Dat was your cue to correct me, dragon. What is your name?"

Meat is meat, and meat is sweet. He uses his powers to turn the makeup into that of cooked meat before continuing to eat it. "It will taste nice when cooked. See? Lucky was only helping."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-06-19 at 11:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Ooh. Any favorites you'd recommend?" Cirae sounds rather excited. And looks it, too; she isn't quite bouncing, but there's the impressin she should be. Miiiight want to quiet her down, if the library here is like a normal one?

5. - Top - End - #335

[Kitchen]

Lucky just laughs. "Dat was your cue to correct me, dragon. What is your name?"

Meat is meat, and meat is sweet. He uses his powers to turn the makeup into that of cooked meat before continuing to eat it. "It will taste nice when cooked. See? Lucky was only helping."
    Kitchen

"Catherine. And now that you have my name, please stop calling me 'dragon', or I'll call you 'Tall Person Who Also Has Two Legs'." Catherine quips, putting one of the burgers into the pan, which starts sizzling.
    "Well, since you decided to 'help', I'm now down one burger and can't make all three of my Quad Burgers (tm)." She says, heading back to the fridge to pull out another patty onto her plate as the first one cooks.

[Library]

"Ooh. Any favorites you'd recommend?" Cirae sounds rather excited. And looks it, too; she isn't quite bouncing, but there's the impressin she should be. Miiiight want to quiet her down, if the library here is like a normal one?
    Library

"The Xanth series is pretty good for a while. We've got all of them over here." Civvy replies, just as loudly and excited. She likes talking about her books. The HALO library wasn't too silent, though someone eventually might yell at them. Who knows!
    Civvy drags Cirae over to where the books she had mentioned live.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

Cirae maaay actually be vibrating. Just a little. Regardless, books! She seems a little surprised by some of the titles, but not particularly put off. And the puns do generally get a giggle from her.

"Which would you say to start with?" The mage asks, turning to face her new friend. After all, she said good for a while, but not if it hit its stride in the middle or tapereed off later. And she doesn't realize how stand-alone most Xanth books are.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Catherine. And now that you have my name, please stop calling me 'dragon', or I'll call you 'Tall Person Who Also Has Two Legs'." Catherine quips, putting one of the burgers into the pan, which starts sizzling.
    "Well, since you decided to 'help', I'm now down one burger and can't make all three of my Quad Burgers (tm)." She says, heading back to the fridge to pull out another patty onto her plate as the first one cooks.
    Kitchen

"Catherine. Nice name for a dragon, though you look like a Paarthurnax." Lucky looks amused at this snarky dragon lady. He takes some more bites of the pizza. "Lucky knows how to cook, and Lucky can help you."

He turns some paper into steel and starts chopping some onions, inbetween bites of pizza.

8. - Top - End - #338

[Library]

Cirae maaay actually be vibrating. Just a little. Regardless, books! She seems a little surprised by some of the titles, but not particularly put off. And the puns do generally get a giggle from her.

"Which would you say to start with?" The mage asks, turning to face her new friend. After all, she said good for a while, but not if it hit its stride in the middle or tapereed off later. And she doesn't realize how stand-alone most Xanth books are.
    "The seeecond one," Civvy says, pulling that one out. "Iunno why, but it just seems like a better starting spot than the first book. Here you go!" She says, handing over the book with a happy smile!

Kitchen

"Catherine. Nice name for a dragon, though you look like a Paarthurnax." Lucky looks amused at this snarky dragon lady. He takes some more bites of the pizza. "Lucky knows how to cook, and Lucky can help you."

He turns some paper into steel and starts chopping some onions, inbetween bites of pizza.
    Kitchen

Catherine looks at him funny. First off at the name, but mostly for the onions. "Nah," Catherine says, going back to the food preperations, "Paarthurnax was done by one of my cousins.
    I appreciate the offer, but I know how to cook too. I neither need nor want onions."
    Last edited by Mee; 2015-06-20 at 06:18 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

"Works for me then!" Cirae nods happily, tucking the book into her pocket as she goes to give her new friend a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek to show her appreciation!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

Catherine looks at him funny. First off at the name, but mostly for the onions. "Nah," Catherine says, going back to the food preperations, "Paarthurnax was done by one of my cousins.
    I appreciate the offer, but I know how to cook too. I neither need nor want onions."
    Kitchen

"You dragons are all so feisty." Lucky remarks, then places his hand on the chopped onions, makes them cooked and sprinkles them all over his pizza.

He starts to search the fridge for a drink. "Want a drink, Catherine?"

11. - Top - End - #341

"Works for me then!" Cirae nods happily, tucking the book into her pocket as she goes to give her new friend a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek to show her appreciation!
    "I hope you enjoy i-" Civvy starts to say, before being interrupted by the hug and the kiss. She blinks a few times, not sure of what's going on, while a bit of a blush creeps onto her cheeks.

Kitchen

"You dragons are all so feisty." Lucky remarks, then places his hand on the chopped onions, makes them cooked and sprinkles them all over his pizza.

He starts to search the fridge for a drink. "Want a drink, Catherine?"
    Kitchen

"Well you're not wrong." Catherine informs him, flipping the cooking burger. "Sure, why not. Something cherry."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

"Well you're not wrong." Catherine informs him, flipping the cooking burger. "Sure, why not. Something cherry."
    Kitchen

Lucky hands her some cherry soda and pops a can of beer for himself. "So, does Lucky get to taste your famous hamburgers?" He grins, amusement clear in his voice.

13. - Top - End - #343

Kitchen

Lucky hands her some cherry soda and pops a can of beer for himself. "So, does Lucky get to taste your famous hamburgers?" He grins, amusement clear in his voice.
    Kitchen

Catherine snorts a bit. A cloud of cold is visible around her nose for a few seconds, before the heat of the room warms it up. "Pff. No. I'm only making three. These are mine." Besides, he just walked in and they just got introduced. What makes him think she's going to share her food? She's a dragon! She doesn't share anything!
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Sorry for being so slow.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    The medbots seem to have done their job, I think I'm fine.

As for the demons, there's a LOT of them, and they're pretty nasty, we were overwhelmed, VIGIL base appears to be lost.

We can't take the threat lightly.
    [Da Hallways]

Maya nods. "Okay. I'll make sure people know about it." She then dismisses Felandria so that they're no longer tied up in a scene. "Thank you."

Then, the registered nurse goes throughout HALO to post what Felandria communicated about the demons and VIGIL, so that everyone can know about it.

((I don't remember if there's a bulletin board or not, but now there is. And there's info on it about the demons that attacked VIGIL.))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

"I hope you enjoy i-" Civvy starts to say, before being interrupted by the hug and the kiss. She blinks a few times, not sure of what's going on, while a bit of a blush creeps onto her cheeks.
    Cirae seems a little confused for a moment, then nods to herself. Civvy said earlier she doesn't talk to many people; she must not be used to friends thanking her for things. Clearly she needs to have it happen more often to get her used to it.

Civvy, of course, is probably simply more baffled by being made the recipient of a gentle squeeze and another kiss on her other cheek before Cirae steps back, beaming at her entirely too brightly.

"You," the newcomer says, a few moments later. "Are the best! Thank you again!" Which ought to do it, as far as Cirae is concerned. Though unfortunately Civvy likely just thinks Cirae is insane, or trying waaay too hard.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-06-21 at 04:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen

Catherine snorts a bit. A cloud of cold is visible around her nose for a few seconds, before the heat of the room warms it up. "Pff. No. I'm only making three. These are mine." Besides, he just walked in and they just got introduced. What makes him think she's going to share her food? She's a dragon! She doesn't share anything!
    [Kitchen]

"Lucky gave you a drink... but Lucky isn't surprised. Dragons are a selfish lot... one thing Lucky has in common with dragons."

He fetches some hamburger patties from the fridge, sets them on a plate and works his magic on them. In considerably less time than it's taken Catherine so far, he's done.

Lucky turns to Catherine and smirks at her before eating one of the five he has.

17. - Top - End - #347

Cirae seems a little confused for a moment, then nods to herself. Civvy said earlier she doesn't talk to many people; she must not be used to friends thanking her for things. Clearly she needs to have it happen more often to get her used to it.

Civvy, of course, is probably simply more baffled by being made the recipient of a gentle squeeze and another kiss on her other cheek before Cirae steps back, beaming at her entirely too brightly.

"You," the newcomer says, a few moments later. "Are the best! Thank you again!" Which ought to do it, as far as Cirae is concerned. Though unfortunately Civvy likely just thinks Cirae is insane, or trying waaay too hard.
    This is true! Civvy most definitely is not used to this sort of display of thanks at all. Only cure is definitely more cowbell hugs!

"You're very welcome!" Civvy replies, still blushying a bit, after she's let go. "I hope you enjoy it!" Civvy doesn't think Cirae is insane at all! Civvy decides she likes her!

[Kitchen]

"Lucky gave you a drink... but Lucky isn't surprised. Dragons are a selfish lot... one thing Lucky has in common with dragons."

He fetches some hamburger patties from the fridge, sets them on a plate and works his magic on them. In considerably less time than it's taken Catherine so far, he's done.

Lucky turns to Catherine and smirks at her before eating one of the five he has.
    Kitchen

"First off, that's stereotyping, and possibly species-ist. Second, you didn't own that drink at all. It was a communal drink that was here for a while. I fail to see how that means that the second or three of effort you made in tossing it to me equates to a burger.

Third, shut up."
    The last was definitely aimed at his smirk. "If I wanted to go fast, I'd have all the burners going. Not just one."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Mhm!" She's sure she will. After all, her friend suggested it! How could she not? "You might like this one? It's pretty good too, though I don't thiiiiink it's a series." Cirae shrugs a little and pulls a battered copy of Neverwhere from her coat, offering it to her new friend.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Lucky just laughs out loud. "Shut up? You're a cute one, aren't you?" He noms another hamburger. "Lucky wasn't being stereotypical, you are de one dat said you wouldn't share your burgers."

"Hmm... if Lucky burnt all your burgers, you'd have to taste his!" He starts to whistle innocently, but there's a mean smile on his face.

20. - Top - End - #350

[Library]

"Mhm!" She's sure she will. After all, her friend suggested it! How could she not? "You might like this one? It's pretty good too, though I don't thiiiiink it's a series." Cirae shrugs a little and pulls a battered copy of Neverwhere from her coat, offering it to her new friend.
    Library

Civvy's eyes go wide at the offered present. "F-for me?" She blinks a few times, at an entire loss for words. "Thank you! I'll take wonderful care of it, and you'll get it back just like it is now!" Civvy would have said 'like new', and actually would have meant it and would have been able to restore it to its original quality, but she didn't want to, in case it had sentimental qualities. "I love it so muuuuch."

[Kitchen]

Lucky just laughs out loud. "Shut up? You're a cute one, aren't you?" He noms another hamburger. "Lucky wasn't being stereotypical, you are de one dat said you wouldn't share your burgers."

"Hmm... if Lucky burnt all your burgers, you'd have to taste his!" He starts to whistle innocently, but there's a mean smile on his face.
    Kitchen

"I am indeed cute. Yeah, I did say that. But that doesn't really imply anything with the soda at all? That's all I was saying.

And yes that would be true. Or I would forgo the burgers entirely, which would make me cranky because I'm hungry."
    Catherine replies, flipping the eighth burger off onto her plate.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"For you," Cirae confirms, shaking her head. "Though you don't need to do that." She leans forward to kiss Civvy's cheek again in appreciation of the gesture, despite it not being necessary. "It's a gift. Keep it, unless you don't like it!"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-06-22 at 01:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

"I am indeed cute. Yeah, I did say that. But that doesn't really imply anything with the soda at all? That's all I was saying.

And yes that would be true. Or I would forgo the burgers entirely, which would make me cranky because I'm hungry."
    Catherine replies, flipping the eighth burger off onto her plate.
    Kitchen

Lucky chuckles, then noms the rest of the burgers. "So Catherine. What do you do for fun? Aside from cooking and refusing to share food, dat is." There's a half-laugh in his voice at the end.

23. - Top - End - #353

[Library]

"For you," Cirae confirms, shaking her head. "Though you don't need to do that." She leans forward to kiss Civvy's cheek again in appreciation of the gesture, despite it not being necessary. "It's a gift. Keep it, unless you don't like it!"
    Li'bri

Civvy's eyes go even wider! Though at the present or the kiss? Really hard to say. "Oh wow thank you so much! I'll cherish it for forever!"

Kitchen

Lucky chuckles, then noms the rest of the burgers. "So Catherine. What do you do for fun? Aside from cooking and refusing to share food, dat is." There's a half-laugh in his voice at the end.
    Kitchen

"Uh," Catherine says, at a loss. What DOES she do for fun? "Hooomework?" Silly Catherine. Homework isn't fun! "Video games? I read books and sleep. Sleeping is awesome. Have you ever tried it?" She asks not in a snarky tone, but an honest 'sleep IS wonderful' sort of tone.
    At this point, she's also done with 9 of the 12 patties she's set out to cook.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Homework. Riiight." Lucky shakes his head and chuckles, until she finishes her sentence.

"Dere's such a tin as too much sleeping, Catherine." He goes back to enjoying his pizza and drink. "Lucky is more interested in what you just said. Video games? Sounds interesting. You will show Lucky, yes?"

25. - Top - End - #355

[Kitchen]

"Homework. Riiight." Lucky shakes his head and chuckles, until she finishes her sentence.

"Dere's such a tin as too much sleeping, Catherine." He goes back to enjoying his pizza and drink. "Lucky is more interested in what you just said. Video games? Sounds interesting. You will show Lucky, yes?"
    Kitchen

"Homework can be fun." Catherine replies, somewhat defensively. "It's really rare, but it can be.

And no. No there isn't such a thing as sleeping too much."
    She says, pulling the next to last patty off the heat. "And what do you mean? Have you not heard of video games?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Lucky stares at Catherine, then starts to laugh really loudly.

"Sleeping too much? You say dat like it's a good thing!" He claps her back, a bit too hard, not minding the scales and ripples.

"Video games... Lucky didn't get to play dat much. Childhood was pretty much ****ed once my parents died."
    This is something that should make him sad, but he's learnt to hide his sadness.

27. - Top - End - #357

[Kitchen]

Lucky stares at Catherine, then starts to laugh really loudly.

"Sleeping too much? You say dat like it's a good thing!" He claps her back, a bit too hard, not minding the scales and ripples.

"Video games... Lucky didn't get to play dat much. Childhood was pretty much ****ed once my parents died."
    This is something that should make him sad, but he's learnt to hide his sadness.
    Kitchen

Catherine is jostled pretty hard by the 'pat' on her back. "Could you not do that, please? Trying to not burn myself here.

And yes! Yes sleeping is a great thing!"
    Catherine objects, flipping her last patty over. "I'm sorry for your loss. I got thrown out and cut off from all family ties, but I think you've still got it worse."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Li'bri

Civvy's eyes go even wider! Though at the present or the kiss? Really hard to say. "Oh wow thank you so much! I'll cherish it for forever!"
    Libra Aerie

"You're most welcome!"
    Cirae grins happily and hugs her again, this time simply out of happiness, snuggling into her new friend. Though Civvy is spared having to figure out how to react to another kiss, at least. "Hope you like it!"

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen

Catherine is jostled pretty hard by the 'pat' on her back. "Could you not do that, please? Trying to not burn myself here.

And yes! Yes sleeping is a great thing!"
    Catherine objects, flipping her last patty over. "I'm sorry for your loss. I got thrown out and cut off from all family ties, but I think you've still got it worse."
    [Kitchen]

"Right. Sorry." He grins.

"Bah! Who needs family? Look how good we turned out! Besides, Lucky made sure everyone responsible for killing dem was turned into candy floss."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Training Room

Here, a woman hones her skills, launching wave after wave of kicks, jabs, punches and backhands upon a hapless heavy bag. Her fists emit a steady flow of steam, and she grits her teeth through the pain, uniform bearing body ceaseless in assault. As her Tuscan red hair remains shorn short around this tanned and cyan-irised Survey Corps veteran, she manipulates her muscle-bound form with tenacity and anger.
    Here, Sophia Godlark tries to let her fury flow through grunts and cries of combat, and prepare for the next fight.

((Open scene and not exposition monologue or whatever, btw. Experimenting with writing))
    [Training Room]

"Fighting hard there." The voice from behind her is quiet, understanding, though the woman who spoke does seem a little.. Off somehow. Too distant. Whatever it is, it's hard to pinpoint, but distinctly odd, and quite likely rather off-putting. "Would you care for a partner to spar against? Might be a bit more satisfying, I think, and that seems to be what you're looking for here, more than training." Whatever it is is still present, though this time it's a little clearer: her voice has almost an echo to it, and it sounds hollow.

Should she turn around, Sophia will see a grey-skinned woman with a tiny pair of black horns poking through her hair, and two sets of arms; one normal sized, and a smaller pair set lower down on her torso. And to top it all off, she's got a scorpion-like tail. Not the sort of person who looks like they belong in HALO. Though admittedly if she is a demon of some kind, she's a rather oddly dressed one, seeing as she's wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of black shorts.