New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 181: 0.55% Cooler Than The Last One!

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Training Room]

"Fighting hard there." The voice from behind her is quiet, understanding, though the woman who spoke does seem a little.. Off somehow. Too distant. Whatever it is, it's hard to pinpoint, but distinctly odd, and quite likely rather off-putting. "Would you care for a partner to spar against? Might be a bit more satisfying, I think, and that seems to be what you're looking for here, more than training." Whatever it is is still present, though this time it's a little clearer: her voice has almost an echo to it, and it sounds hollow.

Should she turn around, Sophia will see a grey-skinned woman with a tiny pair of black horns poking through her hair, and two sets of arms; one normal sized, and a smaller pair set lower down on her torso. And to top it all off, she's got a scorpion-like tail. Not the sort of person who looks like they belong in HALO. Though admittedly if she is a demon of some kind, she's a rather oddly dressed one, seeing as she's wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of black shorts.
    Sophia turns to face, unfazed by the sinister-by-stereotype appearance. She is, after all, a monster herself.
    I'll take you up on that offer. Name's Sophia Godlark, by the way.
    Tiri may note this muscular woman's clenched fists are seeping steam, skin and sinew repairing and assembling before her eyes
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia turns to face, unfazed by the sinister-by-stereotype appearance. She is, after all, a monster herself.
    I'll take you up on that offer. Name's Sophia Godlark, by the way.
    Tiri may note this muscular woman's clenched fists are seeping steam, skin and sinew repairing and assembling before her eyes

"Tirya bas Tsiln vel Karyana cas Timoliir kynet Loarna,"
    she replies simply and shortly. Or at least as simply and shortly as she can with that name. It's a bit hard to be brief when just introducing yourself takes a minute and a half. Either way, though, she settles into a simple defensive stance, apparently ready to start the fight, though a moment later she does speak again, dropping back out of it. "...Actually, there should be sparring rooms, if you'd rather move to one of those."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Kitchen]

"Right. Sorry." He grins.

"Bah! Who needs family? Look how good we turned out! Besides, Lucky made sure everyone responsible for killing dem was turned into candy floss."
    Kitchen

"Um. Actually. I kind of like my family. And this is still fairly recent. So please stop. You're not helping or making me feel better at all."

Libra Aerie

"You're most welcome!"
    Cirae grins happily and hugs her again, this time simply out of happiness, snuggling into her new friend. Though Civvy is spared having to figure out how to react to another kiss, at least. "Hope you like it!"
    Library

Civvy is definitely grateful for that! Though now she has to figure out how to deal with a standing up snuggling. HMMMM.

Best idea she can come up with is to fling the two of them onto a couch nearby that's used for reading books usually. "I'm sure I will! Thank you again!"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #364

"Tirya bas Tsiln vel Karyana cas Timoliir kynet Loarna,"
    she replies simply and shortly. Or at least as simply and shortly as she can with that name. It's a bit hard to be brief when just introducing yourself takes a minute and a half. Either way, though, she settles into a simple defensive stance, apparently ready to start the fight, though a moment later she does speak again, dropping back out of it. "...Actually, there should be sparring rooms, if you'd rather move to one of those."
    Sophia quirks an eyebrow at the loquacious name, but decides not to comment on it.
    Probably for the best. Want me to pull my punches, by the way? the bonus of regeneration is not having to restrain your attacks to keep from hurting yourself, you see.
    Presumably, they make their way to the sparring rooms!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophia quirks an eyebrow at the loquacious name, but decides not to comment on it.
    Probably for the best. Want me to pull my punches, by the way? the bonus of regeneration is not having to restrain your attacks to keep from hurting yourself, you see.
    Presumably, they make their way to the sparring rooms!

"Not at all."
    Tirya grins ferally, the expression even more disconcerting than her voice, most likely. "I haven't had a good match in a long time." A brief flash of guilt runs through her at that, as she remembers the last time she sparred, and nearly breaking her ex's arm. But that's quickly suppressed, and they do indeed make their way to the sparring chambers, where Tirya will wait for Sophia to throw the first punch or what-have-you. "And I can take care of myself well enough."

6. - Top - End - #366

"Not at all."
    Tirya grins ferally, the expression even more disconcerting than her voice, most likely. "I haven't had a good match in a long time." A brief flash of guilt runs through her at that, as she remembers the last time she sparred, and nearly breaking her ex's arm. But that's quickly suppressed, and they do indeed make their way to the sparring chambers, where Tirya will wait for Sophia to throw the first punch or what-have-you. "And I can take care of myself well enough."
    Excellent.
    Sophia grins ferally with anticipation, taking a mirrored form of thisstance upon arrival.
    She rushes forward, swiftly speeding towards her opponent. Sophia raises her right arm, elbow by above her head and biceps shielding her face, and attempts a powerful roundhouse kick with her left leg to sweep Tiri off of her feet.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Um. Actually. I kind of like my family. And this is still fairly recent. So please stop. You're not helping or making me feel better at all."
    Kitchen

Lucky nods. "Lucky can't decide if you're lucky or not for not having family, but okay." He chuckles to himself at his use of the word 'lucky'. "Let's go play de video-games. Make you feel better, eh?"

8. - Top - End - #368

Kitchen

Lucky nods. "Lucky can't decide if you're lucky or not for not having family, but okay." He chuckles to himself at his use of the word 'lucky'. "Let's go play de video-games. Make you feel better, eh?"
    Kitchen

"Well, as I already said: not lucky. I suppose we could go play stuff though. What do you want to play?" Catherine asks, putting the pan into the sink.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Library

Civvy is definitely grateful for that! Though now she has to figure out how to deal with a standing up snuggling. HMMMM.

Best idea she can come up with is to fling the two of them onto a couch nearby that's used for reading books usually. "I'm sure I will! Thank you again!"
    That works just fine for Cirae! Who seems to have no intention of unsnuggling anytime soon.

...Civvy may want to explain to her that social customs differ in this world. Unless she wants to introduce her to some of the more contact-shy members of the base and see the reactions, of course! Not that Civvy would eeeeeeever pull a prank like that.

Excellent.
    Sophia grins ferally with anticipation, taking a mirrored form of thisstance upon arrival.
    She rushes forward, swiftly speeding towards her opponent. Sophia raises her right arm, elbow by above her head and biceps shielding her face, and attempts a powerful roundhouse kick with her left leg to sweep Tiri off of her feet.
    Tirya... Doesn't move. If she can figure out there's something wrong in time to stop the kick, it's all good; if not, well, Sophia might end up being the one swept off her feet; Tiri took some time on the way to put a defensive spell in place that should redirect the force in the opposite direction. And unless she's prepared for that, well. Probably going to throw her right off balance, seeing as her leg ought to suddenly reverse direction and she was braced for force going forward.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, as I already said: not lucky. I suppose we could go play stuff though. What do you want to play?" Catherine asks, putting the pan into the sink.
    Kitchen

"Hey, you are de one showing me de games!" Lucky reminds Catherine as he sips his beer. "What games do you have?"

11. - Top - End - #371

Tirya... Doesn't move. If she can figure out there's something wrong in time to stop the kick, it's all good; if not, well, Sophia might end up being the one swept off her feet; Tiri took some time on the way to put a defensive spell in place that should redirect the force in the opposite direction. And unless she's prepared for that, well. Probably going to throw her right off balance, seeing as her leg ought to suddenly reverse direction and she was braced for force going forward.
    Sophia is rather surprised by the spell's effect, but manages to steady herself. In response, she throws a right hook at Tiri's gut, following it up swiftly with an attempt to grapple her upper right arm with her left.
    I must admit, I've never went hand-to-hand with a spellcaster before.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Tirya spins aside, lashing out in a snap-kick at the side of Sophia's knee as her momentum carries her past. "And I've not dueled a regenerator. Hope you don't mind the extra challenge."

If the kick hits, Tirya takes the opportunity to summon a heavy baton.

13. - Top - End - #373

Tirya spins aside, lashing out in a snap-kick at the side of Sophia's knee as her momentum carries her past. "And I've not dueled a regenerator. Hope you don't mind the extra challenge."

If the kick hits, Tirya takes the opportunity to summon a heavy baton.
    Sophia is kicked, recovering by steadying herself with her hand and moving back to her combat position.
    On the contrary, it makes it much more exciting.
    Sophia responds, summoning her 3-Dimensional/Omnidirectional Mobility Gear and paring blades from hammerspace.
    I'd say I'll go easy on you, but I doubt even blades are an issue, and if worst comes to worst, I am a paladin.
    Sophia responds, readying her blades.
    I'll need to show you a special skill of mine sometime. It's a bit unfair to use here, and besides I can't here anyways. I'm more effective when I have lots of space to move about in, you see.
    She explains the last sentence by pressing a trigger on the hilt of her left blade, a grappling hook firing out from her gear and into the ceiling before being retracted almost as rapidly.
    ((the problem with description involving Sophia: DANG IT ONLY SO MANY SYNONYMS FOR SPEEDILY!))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Tirya quirks her head at the mecurially moving maiden's maneuvers, moving more measuredly, though she still seems surprisingly swift as she stalks Sophia. "You as well? Who do you follow, then, if I might ask?"

Sparring is secondary to her for now, it would appear...

(All the aliteration. xD)
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-07-01 at 03:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375

Tirya quirks her head at the mecurially moving maiden's maneuvers, moving more measuredly, though she still seems surprisingly swift as she stalks Sophia. "You as well? Who do you follow, then, if I might ask?"

Sparring is secondary to her for now, it would appear...

(All the aliteration. xD)
    Civiron, goddess of hope.
    The athletic amazon answers, countering her combatant's movement with celerity and agility.
    Hope isn't the only concept I fight for, though. I'm a paladin of freedom, after all.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

"I serve Soteira, the Savior, guide along the path and safe haven in the dark. Though also her sisters. I know of Civiron, though... My mother was hers for a time, though I was raised Carrionite and Angelican." Tirya swings her baton just as she finishes speaking, aiming to shatter Sophia's elbow.

17. - Top - End - #377

"I serve Soteira, the Savior, guide along the path and safe haven in the dark. Though also her sisters. I know of Civiron, though... My mother was hers for a time, though I was raised Carrionite and Angelican." Tirya swings her baton just as she finishes speaking, aiming to shatter Sophia's elbow.
    Sophia parries the baton with her right blade, upside-down, angling her leg behind Tiri's and sheathing her left blade to attempt to grapple Tirya's baton-wielding wrist and squeeze, twisting to force disarming (but not break bones)
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

How that works depends entirely on how she handles her blocking blade having the entire foce of the parry, including that that should be on the baton, shoved into it the instant the weapons make contact; if that's fine, it succeeds, if not, we'll have to see.

19. - Top - End - #379

How that works depends entirely on how she handles her blocking blade having the entire foce of the parry, including that that should be on the baton, shoved into it the instant the weapons make contact; if that's fine, it succeeds, if not, we'll have to see.
    When Sophia realizes the blade wont slow the baton down, she raises her arm to let it strike the side of her ribs. She needs her arm movement right now, and can't gamble on healing quick enough.
    If the action succeeds, as the baton strikes and breaks her ribs, resulting in steam seeping from the impact site, Sophia powers through the pain and attempts to yank Tirya past her, tripping her over the angled leg to pin tirya with her arm behind her back, knee pressing her form to the ground.
    Your spell is pretty clever, but not without it's limits.
    Sophia speaks, attempting to pin Tirya's other larger arm with her right hand.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2015-07-01 at 10:17 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #380

That works just fine for Cirae! Who seems to have no intention of unsnuggling anytime soon.

...Civvy may want to explain to her that social customs differ in this world. Unless she wants to introduce her to some of the more contact-shy members of the base and see the reactions, of course! Not that Civvy would eeeeeeever pull a prank like that.
    "So this is somewhat awkward." Civvy whispers at Cirae. "I mean, it's totally fine here with me, but a lot of people might object."

Kitchen

"Hey, you are de one showing me de games!" Lucky reminds Catherine as he sips his beer. "What games do you have?"
    Kitchen

"So you steal my burger, ask if I was preparing any of these for you, threaten to burn the burgers I was making, and then bring up that my family disowned me.

Yeah sure. I'll just show you video games. Sure.

We've got basically everything. Pick a thing, and there's probably a game about it, and we probably own it."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Aw, don't be so uptight now, sista!" Lucky laughs. "Lucky will make it up to you by playing video games with you. So... is dere a game about killing monsters?"

22. - Top - End - #382

[Kitchen]

"Aw, don't be so uptight now, sista!" Lucky laughs. "Lucky will make it up to you by playing video games with you. So... is dere a game about killing monsters?"
    Kitchen

"And don't call me sister." Catherine tells him, assembling her burgers.

The burgers are a true work of art. Full of patties, cheese, a bit of lettuce, some bacon, more cheese, an unidentifiable sauce of some sort, another type of cheese, some pickles on one but not the other two, and some kimchi on one of the non-pickled burgers.

And then some more cheese.

"There are a lot of games about killing monsters. Do you want to kill them with swords, guns, magic, any combination of the above, and in first person - think eye-view -, or third - over the shoulder?"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Alright, sista." Lucky guffaws to himself.

"Over de shoulder, with big swords. Lucky has a thought: de burgers would taste better if you shared them."

24. - Top - End - #384

[Kitchen]

"Alright, sista." Lucky guffaws to himself.

"Over de shoulder, with big swords. Lucky has a thought: de burgers would taste better if you shared them."
    Kitchen

"No seriously. Stop it. Right now." Catherine replies, skewering her burgers with the toothpicks with the fuzzy bits on the end.

"Mmmkay. You can play Skyrim third person. It'll be great. And youuuuuu haven't dealt with dragons much at all, have you?" Dragons always keep things to themselves. Things taste best when not shared.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Lucky just giggles and leaves the kitchen. "Gimme a moment, sister."

Little does he know that he won't be coming back anytime soon!

(But we know, amirite, Mee? :3)

[Entrance]

(We continue from DFI!)

"Don't be silly, baby! I can never have too many pets!" Luna giggles as she jokingly pokes Evan with her free hand. Her occupied hand is currently wrapped around his waist.

26. - Top - End - #386

[Kitchen]

Lucky just giggles and leaves the kitchen. "Gimme a moment, sister."

Little does he know that he won't be coming back anytime soon!
    Well. It was for the best he left. Otherwise she would have. Catherine just shakes her head, and hops onto the counter to munch on her burgers for a bit.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

Entrance > Evan's Quarters

Evan shakes his head.

If there is going to be another pet, I'm picking it.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

[Evan's Quarters]

Luna just giggles. "Sure thing, hun. What've you got in mind?"

29. - Top - End - #389

Evan's Quarters

A really, really, really big dog.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

When Sophia realizes the blade wont slow the baton down, she raises her arm to let it strike the side of her ribs. She needs her arm movement right now, and can't gamble on healing quick enough.
    If the action succeeds, as the baton strikes and breaks her ribs, resulting in steam seeping from the impact site, Sophia powers through the pain and attempts to yank Tirya past her, tripping her over the angled leg to pin tirya with her arm behind her back, knee pressing her form to the ground.
    Your spell is pretty clever, but not without it's limits.
    Sophia speaks, attempting to pin Tirya's other larger arm with her right hand.
    Tirya's upper arms are pinned, as is the rest of her! Except her lower arms. And her tail. That oversight might not have been a wise one, seeing as while her lower arms scrabble frantically (and apparently uselessly, though they're really just a distraction) at the floor, her tail tries to sting Sophia, slamming into the already-broken ribs if it can, the barb on the tip bearing a very strong sedative and paralytic.

"So this is somewhat awkward." Civvy whispers at Cirae. "I mean, it's totally fine here with me, but a lot of people might object."
    Cirae looks adorably baffled at that, but does let go of Civvy, eyes wide with confusion as she tiiiiiiilts her head. "Really?"