New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 181: 0.55% Cooler Than The Last One!

Catherine's Room

Aiden fidgets a little more before sighing and going back to the games as well.

Iamar's Quarters

"I have explored this place thoroughly, but there are places I am not allowed." Mostly other member's rooms cause that's rude. "Do you have any other questions for me?"

2. - Top - End - #752

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Catherine's Room

Aiden fidgets a little more before sighing and going back to the games as well.

Iamar's Quarters

"I have explored this place thoroughly, but there are places I am not allowed." Mostly other member's rooms cause that's rude. "Do you have any other questions for me?"
    Catherine's Room

"I can't help but notice that you're, ah, fidgeting. Is your shoulder cold? I'd hate for your shoulder to start getting cold." Regardless of the fact that she's probably the reason it was cold to begin with.

Iamar's Quarters

"Yeah. There are definitely a few places off limits, at least because of nicety's sake.

Uhh. Where are you from? Did you officially sign up to be a HALO member? Did you want to if you didn't? You mentioned mealtime is important? Do you like small fuzzy animals?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #753

Catherine's Room

For a brief moment, Aiden considers dropping it, but he's never been one to drop something because it was dumb and silly. "Uh, yeah. Weird, too, it was totally fine like a minute ago. Wonder what changed."

Iamar's Quarters

Iamar looks toward the ground in response to all the questions. She supposes she should've seen this coming. "I am originally of Damascus. I am officially a member of HALO. A meal is a ritual as much as it is nourishment and a time to speak to others." For a moment, she doesn't answer that last question, but then she lets out a sharp whistle.

In response to that, a small bat flies from the ceiling of the room down to Iamar's shoulder. "Khayrat has been my companion for some time."

4. - Top - End - #754

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Aimless

Reinholdt frowns at hearing Kyne already looked. That's not promising. "Have to try. She deserves that much." He keeps in step with Kyne, but slightly behind her so doesn't notice her blush, his eyes elsewhere. "Who? Yuki? No. Need to check and she how she's doing if she's still around, but this one is for you and this one is for me."

Reinholdt tries tossing her one of the staffs when he thinks she's most recipient to catching it. "I decided the metaphorical fight should be a more literal one. I want you to hit me." He glances around. "Though maybe we should not be in the hallway when you do."
    The Huntress catches the staff and, when her prey glances around, tries to ram one end into his gut. Here's fine. I'm handicapped by this confined location. She means she can't flip around and hit him from behind very easily. But why do you want to do this?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

But Painful

Reinholdt flinched as what must have been hardened steel rammed into his body at the speed of a roadrunner, hand flying to his stomach with an oof. Man she didn't even hesitate. The fey forces out an uneasy smile and half holds up a finger. Mostly so he can get a second to explain while he's still capable. "Ah. Well. Ow. It's getting out all those feelings of resentment and such now. Rather than holding them pent up. So... let it all out and don't hold back." Reinholdt flinches as he says this, straightening and trying for a lower sweep with his staff. It's slow and wild as hell. He's terrible at melee fighting without some sort of large gun. And even then he only knows how to block things with those. Still, maybe if she has to block her next blow won't hit as hard.

Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #756

[Fight Club]

Your funeral. Kyne breaks the staff over her knee with terrifying ease as she steps back, out of the way of Rein's weak attack. She throws one half at his legs and snaps the other half to make a pair of thick and short bastons. I think you underestimate just how much I hate you. The young woman's voice catches, however, and she seems unconvinced. But the moment soon passes and she settles into a low Arnis stance, ready to defend against his next "assault" and break every bone in his lying body.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fight Club]

Reinholdt winces and nearly stumbles, but does possess that much grace at least, keeping himself from falling flat on his face with just that much. He gives Kyne a sad smile, like finding a joke in a tragedy. "I think you underestimate just how much I like you." He follows up with an attempted overhead swing, his staff too big to get much from the side going. He probably should have broken it into pieces as well. If that were even possible for someone like him. Probably why he didn't try it. It would just make him look pathetic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #758

Catherine's Room

For a brief moment, Aiden considers dropping it, but he's never been one to drop something because it was dumb and silly. "Uh, yeah. Weird, too, it was totally fine like a minute ago. Wonder what changed."

Iamar's Quarters

Iamar looks toward the ground in response to all the questions. She supposes she should've seen this coming. "I am originally of Damascus. I am officially a member of HALO. A meal is a ritual as much as it is nourishment and a time to speak to others." For a moment, she doesn't answer that last question, but then she lets out a sharp whistle.

In response to that, a small bat flies from the ceiling of the room down to Iamar's shoulder. "Khayrat has been my companion for some time."
    Catherine's Room

"Iunno, actually. Just decided to scoot over." Catherine admits, scooting right back over to Aiden. "So nothin', I guess."

Iamar's Quarters

Civvy listens, she really does, but doesn't really reply at all. She's waaaay too busy watching the small adorableness that is Khayrat.
    "Er-mah-me you're adorableeeeee."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #759

Catherine's Room

"Hmm, yeah, then I don't think there's anything wrong," Aiden says.

Iamar's Quarters

Iamar withdraws a grape from a small pouch on her shoulder and offers it to Khayrat, who gobbles it down, happily chittering through it. He glances over at Civvy, but doesn't really see anything special about her. She doesn't even have any grapes!

10. - Top - End - #760

Catherine's Room

"Hmm, yeah, then I don't think there's anything wrong," Aiden says.

Iamar's Quarters

Iamar withdraws a grape from a small pouch on her shoulder and offers it to Khayrat, who gobbles it down, happily chittering through it. He glances over at Civvy, but doesn't really see anything special about her. She doesn't even have any grapes!
    Catherine's Room

"Probably not, yeah. Definitely. Mostly for sure." Catherine says with a nod.

Iamar's Quarters

Civvy keeps watching, all like he's so cuuuuuuute!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Fight Club]

Reinholdt winces and nearly stumbles, but does possess that much grace at least, keeping himself from falling flat on his face with just that much. He gives Kyne a sad smile, like finding a joke in a tragedy. "I think you underestimate just how much I like you." He follows up with an attempted overhead swing, his staff too big to get much from the side going. He probably should have broken it into pieces as well. If that were even possible for someone like him. Probably why he didn't try it. It would just make him look pathetic.
    The Huntress fluidly parries the Treasure Hunter's strike into the wall with one of her sticks, then steps forward and swings the other one at his wrist. In a normal sparring match, she'd be pulling her blows well shy of bonebreaking force. This is not a normal sparring match. Unless otherwise specified, any of her attacks that connect with Reinholdt's body have enough force in them to cause injury. I think you like feeling pain more. Is that what this is about?

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attempted Fight Club]

Reinholdt yelps as the baton connects with his flesh with a loud slap, steps back and starts to shake his wrist before realizing that only makes it hurt worse. "No. Didn't I just say this was about taking out all your feelings of pain and hurt I caused you on me?" Rein thought he mentioned that. He's pretty sure he was being honest. Honesty is just such a natural talent for him.

"Besides, I'm pretty much over that. I mean, nothing really ever compares to the Liquid Agony and once GLoG weaned me off that..." Pain just wasn't the same anymore. The fey pulls his stick into a long position and goes for an unbalanced thrust at her chest, using one hand. Well one and a half hands. His injured hand is there, just not particularly helpful right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #763

[Curbstomp Club]

Why do you get to decide I need to hurt you!? Kyne screams as she takes the hit right over her heart before sliding around the pole and closing the distance. I know the only thing I'll ever be good at is hurting people! I know I'm bad at liking people! Why do you have to rub it in my face? The angry young woman born and bred for murder imagines all the possible steps to this dance. She could hit his other wrist, his elbow, his shoulder or even kick his knees sideways, crippling him with ruthless economy of motion. The experience of hundreds of assassinations tells her how to give him a love tap on his temple to put him down and how much more power to put into the blow to kill him. A crushing strike to his windpipe is more instinctive, preventing him from calling for help and killing him quietly, if not quickly. It is only by a supreme force of will that she pushes the sharp end of her broken quarterstaff into his lips with only the speed and strength of a rough kiss. I'm not anyone's weapon anymore! I'll kill myself before I let you make me kill you.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

[Taking a Beating]

"Hold up. I'm not trying to rub an-ghmrfl!" OW! Freaking hell, that was his mouth! Not even the blunt end to knock around some teeth, but some serious cutting going on instead. Isn't there a not the face rule? Why isn't there a not the face rule?

Unable to defend himself any more with his words, he brings his injured hand to his mouth, covering it as the tangy blood spills loose. Dropping his staff, curls his good hand in a fist and brings it up in front of him, holding it in a fairly defensive position. The pained look on his face comes from Kyne's words rather than his injuries though as he slowly shakes his head, eyes filled with sorrow or perhaps pity. He takes no swing at her, but all the same, he repositions his feet into some semblance of a fighting stance.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2015-09-29 at 11:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Catherine's Room

"Probably not, yeah. Definitely. Mostly for sure." Catherine says with a nod.

Iamar's Quarters

Civvy keeps watching, all like he's so cuuuuuuute!
    Catherine's Room

"Okay, cool, let's just carry on then." Aiden carries on with the game like nothing silly had happened.

Iamar's Quarters

Iamar scritches Khayrat's head before leaving him alone with his grape. She looks back at Civvy, her face serious again. "Was there anything else? I have things to think about. Mainly the poor diets of everyone here."

16. - Top - End - #766

[This is just sad]

This fight is not as fun as she thought it would be. Honestly, beating the crap out of this lying bastard sounded like a marvelous idea, but this... this isn't what she wanted. Having never truly liked causing pain, all this pointless combat makes her feel sick, a visceral nausea that rips through more than flesh. A dark wetness blossoms on the bosom of Kynegetis' black leather top. A bloodstain right where Reinholdt struck her. The wound from when she cut herself to rip out her own heart, reopening. Bone white knuckles grip the end of her sticks tight enough to crack them, but she doesn't notice the splinters digging into her fingers. The sight of him insisting that she give in to her violent impulses is almost more than she can bear. By now, the distinction between who is hurting whom has become as insubstantial as his promises. The Huntress's entire body is rigid from the effort required to not murder this stupid cat for making her feel the worst parts of murdering helpless people. She takes a deep breath, shudders, then makes a choking sob before she's able to speak again. Why are you doing this to me? Hitting you won't fix anything! Don't you realize I could kill you? I hate you! You... do you even know anything about me? After all I've told you...!

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

[This is just sad]

Welp this was utterly disastrous. If only Reinholdt could trademark the idea of it seemed like a good idea at the time. Suppose some things will never truly change.

Rein drops his defensive stance when it seems to become clear she wasn't going to swing again. "Ok theb." Even as Rein pulled his hand away from his injured mouth, speaking proved difficult. Though perhaps not as difficult as finding a way to express the rending in his gut at the pain he was causing her. This did not seem to be cathartic at all.

So Reinholdt shifted forms, shrinking down to cat size as he resumed his natural state. Made his mouth more manageable as he was more used to speaking like this. "I guess I don't. I'm sorry. I'll stop bothering you." Every inch of him wanted to do something to make it better for her, but all he knew was his presence made it worse right now. So after hesitating for some time, he turned to walk gingerly away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #768

[Hallway]

As Reinholdt turns the corner, he'll see a goddess standing in the middle of the hall. She has long blonde hair, eyes that glow pale green, and the brown/white wings of a barn owl. Her aura feels a lot like Carrie's, if he remembers that, but she looks like an Angela. Speaking of her, who always used to tacklehug the cat in greeting whenever he visited HALO, there's a lachrymose foxgirl sitting against the wall, hugging her knees with her head on her arms. We would like to talk with you.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

[We Need to Talk]

The cat stood there glancing between the two, leaning on his right side to keep pressure off his front left paw. Angela didn't seem to be in the mood to talk, despite the other one's statement. "Well I'd say get in line, but I've cut that line a little shorter recently. So ok." He's not particularly in the mood right now but he doesn't think they'd accept a no for an answer. "Hi Angela." The pallor of foul moods permeating the air aside, there was no need to be rude.

With a frown, Rein continues a bit. "I'm Reinholdt, Destroyer of Worlds." On most days that would just be literal. Today he meant it far more metaphorically. What is a heart but one's world encompassed in its hopes and dreams and sorrows? He refrained from his typical flourish. "And you are?" He had a dozen guesses, some better than others. But he wasn't going to presume here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #770

[This is an intervention and you need to stop breaking hearts]

I am Soteira, Aspect of Kynegetis the Savior. It's, uh... nice to meet... She fidgets for a bit, looking back at Angela for help that's not forthcoming, then decides to jump right into her pitch. You just need to give her time! We know she's hard to deal with, but if you just stick around I'm sure she'll sort through her feelings soon! I-I know this looks... um, bad... but we can all help work this out. So, you see, there's no reason for you to leave again, in fact that really would do a great deal more harm than good, so we hope you're going to stick around for awhile, and and if there is anything we can do anything at all to make staying easier for you please just let us know just say the word, because we trust you have the right intentions even if some of us would prefer to have something a little more in the way of a guarantee per se... she pauses here to catch her breath and nervously glance over her shoulder at Angela again.

I'm sorry. This is all my fault.
    The foxgirl speaks up without raising her head. Please don't leave. I'll do anything you want if you'll just stay in the Nexus, just for a bit.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

[I can quit anytime I want]

Reinholdt glances between the two, blinking. Can't say that was what he expected to hear. Hardly even has time to process who Soteira was and what that meant. He lets out a long, drawn out sigh. "Giving her time is exactly what I'm doing. I'm not leaving the Nexus. At worst, I'm stepping out of HALO to get a fresh clone, get myself drunk, send a Rein to check on Callie, say hi to some others I need to, then come back here tomorrow. Maybe not in that order, but you get the idea."

The cat doesn't even try to take advantage of Angela's offer. Then again, he's a bit wary of the whole 'guarantee' that Soteira mentioned and could only guess that was something Angela planned to do. This place must have gotten more sensible than before cause back then she would have just done it. Rein can only presume Soteira is somehow a good influence. Based on what little he knows.

"If you're that concerned, I can stay on base, but it'll be on you to hide me somewhere until Kyne's had time to calm down and process." Rein's not going to play the hide and seek game anymore. Let someone else be responsible for a change. "And rum will have to be involved." Or irresponsible as the case may be.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2015-10-02 at 12:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #772

[Because I could not stop for Death, She kindly stopped for me]

Soteira sags in relief and Angela lifts her head in surprise up for a silent second. You don't realize, when she found out you knocked up that stupid catigrl before leaving she cut her own heart out! If you vanish again she could mph-ack! Now she's spitting out feathers. The winged Savior smiles sweetly as if she didn't just thwap the foxgirl in the face. We are not going to lose her. Thank you Reinholdt. You don't need to stay here. We'll trust you and, um, you do know how to contact us, riiight? Oh! Is there anything I can do for you before you... step out?

23. - Top - End - #773

Catherine's Room

"Okay, cool, let's just carry on then." Aiden carries on with the game like nothing silly had happened.

Iamar's Quarters

Iamar scritches Khayrat's head before leaving him alone with his grape. She looks back at Civvy, her face serious again. "Was there anything else? I have things to think about. Mainly the poor diets of everyone here."
    Catherine's Room

"Oh. Well. Okaaaay." Catherine says, now entirely conflicted. She had been inching closer. Maybe she shouldn't. Man, this is difficult!

Iamar's Quarters

Civvy shakes her head a few times, eyes never leaving Khayrat. He's so cuuuuuute. "He's so cuuuuuute!"
    Civvy has always been known to state the obvious.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Stop in the Name of Love]

Reinholdt stared at the two, blinking for a moment.
    "... Yes. Could you go back to that last part please?"
    He's not sure he quite caught that. It seemed important on a rather life changing scale.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #775

[Stop Right There Criminal Scum]

There is a pause as the sisters mentally rewind and try to figure out what they said.
    We'll trust you?
    The Huntress' heart? I-it's not as bad as it sounds!
    Angela slowly gets to her feet, rubbing her tear-stained face as an ominous sense of foreboding hits her. Oh no. Please no. Rein, you had unprotected sex with Caelynn, remember? Everyone assumed the girl was intentional! Probably because of that Caelynn-Kaela sound. Just enough to get that unconscious sinking feeling going in certain older characters.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

[I Fought the Law]

Another beat of silence goes by as the feline breaks out in a cold sweat. Or the cat level equivalent anyways. Dread washes over him as one pressing question bores at his mind.

"Who the **** is Caelynn?!!"
    Reinholdt yells, outright flailing in a panic now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #777

[... ****]

Angela steps forward, looking more confused than alarmed. She's a little slow on the pickup, but concerned for him. At the Thanksmas charity auction... before you left. I think she was Magtok's date you picked up?

Soteira, however, is a little more on the ball, even if she only knows about Rein second or thirdhand. She shifts behind her sister and uses the curves for cover as she pulls out a cellphone and scrolls through the contacts.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

[Who you Gonna Call?]

Reinholdt's flailing only increases.
    "..... Her?! HER?! REALLY?!" You gotta b- ow!" The cat inadvertently smacking himself in the face forces him to calm down. Well not really calm down, but at least stop him from waving his paws around like an absolute maniac.

So he decides to flumph onto the floor instead. Full body, legs splayed out like he was roadkill. "I'm just going to lay here until I die. K thnx bai."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #779

[Animal Control for this rabid cat]

The foxgirl kneels on the floor and studies Rein's paw, trying to figure out if Kyne broke it. Up close, it is obvious that she's been crying recently. But now she just looks bewildered. ... Now do you understand why Kyne is so... upset?

The winged woman hides her phone behind herself and types out a text without looking. CODE SIEVE but she hesitates before hitting send. Ummm... Could you clear something up for us? That was you, right? The catgirl wasn't knocked up by, like, a rogue Rein or any~thing?

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ring Ring! Who's there? Destiny? I've been expecting your call.]

"Maybe." Reinholdt muttered. The paw's definitely broken. Not in all the places granted, but enough of them.

"Of course it was a rogue Rein! All Reinholdts are rogues!" What a ridiculous question.
    "It wasn't the one assigned to Kyne if that's what you're asking." Which would be him. For now. He might get forcibly replaced when the Reins sense weakness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast