New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 181: 0.55% Cooler Than The Last One!

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Youuuu're looking like that might have been a bit too fast." Civvy says, squinting slightly at Cirae. Civvy is fairly good at reading tells, the drawback is she's not so good at- "So do you want to do it again to make sure you've got it?" -coming up with solutions.
    ((Now I am curious if there is also a TV Thuum.))

"...That's fine?" She blinks a bit, surprised, but shrugs too, not seeing anything tooooo strange about that offer. "I just need a minute to place everything and all. Don't worry about it. Do you have anywhere you hang out usually, maybe? We could go there. Unless you prefer to hang out somewhere that most people aren't? But you seem like the sort who likes to have lots of friends around, I think?"

---

[Entrance]

A familiar sight - well, one that used to be, at least - is stepping out of one of the transport pods. Namely, a hooded humanoid, which in itself is a bit unclear - but those who know Lellienth can almost certainly recognize the outfit as hers.

---

[Kitchen]

Evan might notice a pale girl with four arms walking in, dressed in what seems to be a pair of old pajamas; she has Carrie's holy symbol around her neck, but given the way she keeps fidgeting with it, she's not very comfortable about that fact. Still, though; whatever her reasons for it, she doesn't look much happier than him, and she might have been at this longer, to judge by the fact that the blonde hair framing her face clearly used to be kept out of the way, but hasn't been taken care of lately, and the pajamas are tattered and stained, though not actively dirty, as such.

"...Aunt Carrie? Is that you?"
    She pauses a moment, her mouth quirking in a vicious smirk. "Oh, never mind. Guess not; I only saw the bottle. Should've known - she'd have been drinking scotch."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kitchen

Evan chokes mid drink and looks over at Tiri, evidently shocked by her appearance.

Ech... Bleh... What in the? What are you doing here?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"I live here, y'know." Tiri rolls her eyes as she opens the fridge up, poking around inside of it. "Other than that, what would you think I'd be doing in a kitchen? Seeing as I didn't hit the liquor cabinet first."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    TV Ruum

"That's exactly what I asked!" Catherine says, putting the phone back into its pocket. "And he was like Nooooooo," her impression is, of course, not very good at all. "I am your uncle's brotherrrrrrrr."
    It almost sounded like she was trying to go for Super Kami Guru there.
    TV Room

"That still doesn't make any sense, that'd just make him ano- oh, whatever," Aiden says. "Doesn't matter anyway." The Super Kami Guru impression, if intended, flies right over his head.

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Kitchen]

"I live here, y'know." Tiri rolls her eyes as she opens the fridge up, poking around inside of it. "Other than that, what would you think I'd be doing in a kitchen? Seeing as I didn't hit the liquor cabinet first."
    Evan blinks, quite off put by Tiri's strange... Strangeness.

Well feel free to help yourself to mine.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Evan blinks, quite off put by Tiri's strange... Strangeness.

Well feel free to help yourself to mine.
    "Just because she's my aunt does not mean I inherited her propensity for shirking her responsibilities and then drowning herself in a bottle until she didn't even remember she had them out of guilt," Tirya snaps, glaring at him briefly before she resumes looking through the food. Though that brief flash of anger just might bring to mind a teenage girl with the same unusual body type he met hanging out with Carrie, who always idolized her, and had asked her for a holy symbol as soon as she was old enough to know what the religion in question was like...

7. - Top - End - #247

Kitchen

That brief moment snaps Evan's memories back into place though it takes him a moment to place the name. It really had been a long time, now that he thinks of it. People disappear and reappear in the Nexus all the time.

Tiri? It's been a while, hasn't it?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"...Yeah, that's me." She frowns a little, closing the fridge and stepping over to the table, taking a seat across from him. "I... Wait, Evan? Is that you?" Well, at least she has the grace to blush for insulting one of his friends like that to his face, and being so rude to him, even if she doesn't otherwise look terribly apologetic.

9. - Top - End - #249

Kitchen

Evan's eyes narrow as he smiles, he wasn't concerned about how she had acted. He had been that age at one point and remembers quite clearly being rather insufferable. Though in reality he isn't much older than she is anymore.

Yep, that's me. How have you been? You were a little kid the last time I saw you. Alternate reality or some such?
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-06-15 at 12:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"To be honest... I have no ****ing clue."
    Tirya sighs, staring down at the table. "I thought it was future. Then... Ah, who knows. Things happened I didn't remember, even though I'd seen myself as a baby and everything was going fine when I got here. But now nothing's right anymore."

11. - Top - End - #251

Kitchen

Nothings right anymore... Now that was a familiar line for Evan. No work, barely functional legs and a legion of idiots who wanted him dead.

"Yeah, trust me. I know how you feel, been there, done that and gotten the tee shirt. Things pass most of the time. But what's wrong, if you don't mind me asking."

12. - Top - End - #252

((Sorry that it took so long to respond))

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria looks around, a bit frazzled.

Yeah.

I was just in a battle with some demons, they basically destroyed VIGIL, and I don't think they are planning to stop there.

We need to prepare.
    [Encountering Felandria]

Maya's nursing instincts kick in first: make sure that the patient right here is alright. Anyway, she nods. "Yes, we need to prepare. But first," she asks, "have you recovered properly? I can take over and make sure everyone knows to prepare; on the other hand, you've got to make sure you're in top shape before you can leave."

Maya definitely would commit to helping out, even though her player is still a little out-of-the-loop on the VIGIL things.

She then adds, as an afterthought, "Is there anything you feel everyone needs to know about the demons?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Where to start... My Aunt ran out on me. Whole life spent trying to be worthy to help her out, and what's she do? Quits just after I get in." Tirya laughs bitterly, unconsciously reaching up to touch the holy symbol around her neck. "Oh. Haven't gotten laid in ages, that sucks too, and the person I wish I were with doesn't want me, plus I haven't seen her around at all recently. 'Course, on the other hand, I damn near broke her arm last time we sparred and we had a messy breakup; who can blame her?"

Her upper pair of hands ball into fists as she pauses for a moment, finally letting everything out. "Okay. That's not quite true. I did, once, and it was awesome. Up until the point it turned out the guy I was with was a demon who kidnapped me; how's that for luck? I finally go out, try to get over her, and that happens. Plus, y'know, the whole bit where as far as I know from what the new goddess I apparently now work for said, all but one of the people I came here with is dead. Which would explain the whole 'haven't seen the girl I want in ages' bit. And I don't actually know if my future is ever going to exist, what with everything I don't remember that's happening in what's supposed to be my past."

14. - Top - End - #254

Kitchen

Evan nods, listening to Tiri. He reaches over to ruffle Tiri's hair.

Yuck, you've had a pretty rough go of it. I don't know what caused Carrie to do what she did but it isn't right. If anything I wonder why she didn't release you from your vows or something.

He frowns dryly.

Trust me I know about the relationship nonsense. People will change on you, demand anything and everything only to disappear or decide it still isn't good enough. I will say I haven't had the demon thing happen to me though.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Shooting Range]

Lucky looks a bit like this (A bit meaning the dreads and the coat that covers his chest).

"Good."

Lucky archs an eyebrow up. "Hybrid eh?" Then he smiles widely. It should be noted that Lucky is like an actor, he can portray emotions he doesn't actually feel.

"Let us depart den, Foxy. Lead de way."
    Linda's ears fold down

Uh... I can't. I know how to get to the cafeteria, the bathroom, and my bedroom from here. I've only been here like twelve hours, and Grant was showing me around the whole time. I don't actually know where we are, exactly, and I have no idea where this "Hunting Ground" place is.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

[Shooting Range]

Lucky shakes his head disapprovingly. "A clueless."

"I'd want to go der too, and I could show you, if only because I'll get to fight, but I don't tink you want to wander about aimlessly with me until you find de huntside." He gestures to her ears. "And flick dose ears back up. Makes you look weak."

Silly foxgirl. "So here's the happenings. We either find someone to show us de way, or you wander about with me until we find de huntside. Ya could gain some survivalist skills too."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shooting Range]

On second thought, following this guy around is clearly a mistake.

Really. Well, thank you for that glorious assessment, and thank you for fixing up this rifle, but at this point I'd rather do torpedo duty than go anywhere with you. Have a nice day.

18. - Top - End - #258

Shooting Range

With a small pop and burst of blue sparks Grant Brandt appears in the shooting range next to Linda.

Hey Troop, how's it going?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

[Shooting Range]

Lucky leans on the wall. "I dun wanna leave. Besides, I didn't mean nothing by it. Just saying what I thought."

Then Grant appears in the shooting range, and Lucky simply nods to him.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shooting Range]

Linda grunts at Lucky

Stay or go as you please, but I'm not going with you.

Then a wild Grant appears... well, ok, just Grant. Linda's ears are still in an annoyed position and her tail flicks, but she is reasonably well composed otherwise.

Trying out the new equipment. This rifle needed some help, and the gentleman over there was kind enough to do so, but apparently decided that gave him leave to make comments. I've dealt with enough anti-fox sentiment in my life to have very little patience for it, and so I have bid him a good day.

21. - Top - End - #261

Kitchen

((permission to handwave joining & toss a PC in?))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

22. - Top - End - #262

Shooting Range

Grant looks thoroughly unamused by Linda's report.

We don't do the speciesism thing here. I hope you learn that soon. Grant says to Lucky.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    ((Sorry that it took so long to respond))

[Encountering Felandria]

Maya's nursing instincts kick in first: make sure that the patient right here is alright. Anyway, she nods. "Yes, we need to prepare. But first," she asks, "have you recovered properly? I can take over and make sure everyone knows to prepare; on the other hand, you've got to make sure you're in top shape before you can leave."

Maya definitely would commit to helping out, even though her player is still a little out-of-the-loop on the VIGIL things.

She then adds, as an afterthought, "Is there anything you feel everyone needs to know about the demons?"
    The medbots seem to have done their job, I think I'm fine.

As for the demons, there's a LOT of them, and they're pretty nasty, we were overwhelmed, VIGIL base appears to be lost.

We can't take the threat lightly.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Shooting Range

Lucky smiles at Grant. "Speak for yourself. Foxes haven't made your life miserable... yet."

He glances at Linda. "You might be only half-and-half, but Lucky knew you were going to shoot him in the back first chance you get. It's de way of de fox kind. They'll sell-out dier best buddies for a quick buck."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Kitchen

Evan nods, listening to Tiri. He reaches over to ruffle Tiri's hair.

Yuck, you've had a pretty rough go of it. I don't know what caused Carrie to do what she did but it isn't right. If anything I wonder why she didn't release you from your vows or something.

He frowns dryly.

Trust me I know about the relationship nonsense. People will change on you, demand anything and everything only to disappear or decide it still isn't good enough. I will say I haven't had the demon thing happen to me though.
    [Kitchen]

Aaaand with that last bit - halfway through saying he doesn't have experience with the demon part, in fact - Tirya is up out of her chair and her hand lashing out to grab Evan by the collar in an attempt to drag him across the table to her, likely sending the bottle flying in the process; should it work, he probably finds himself the recipient of a fist to the face a moment later.

...This may not have been the best course of action. Not that he'd have had a way of knowing she'd react that badly, to be fair. Timey-stuff means he probably has no idea who her ex even is and he almost certainly doesn't know they still get along.

26. - Top - End - #266

Kitchen

Evan looked slightly shocked at first but the power of booze keeps him from reacting view much other than to rub the eye he just got punched in.

Young lady, over the course of the last 48 hours I've nearly been killed by my girlfriend and her insane alter ego a couple times each, been told I'll probably never move faster than a walk again and gone from being one of the best assassins in the game to a washed up half bit instructor. At this point... Yeah. If I offended, I'm sorry. But don't expect cowering out of me. It's a little late for that..
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-06-16 at 02:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"At this point, you just insulted the daughter of one of your friends," Tirya hisses, eyes dark orange as she glares down at him. "A girl who's still a friend of mine. And you did it knowing nothing about her reasons or the situation. You're not an instructor; you're a condescending sot who thinks he knows better than everyone around him."

As she speaks, she lifts him off the table, and at the end of the sentence, he'll find himself being shoved against a wall, unless he gets free or something. "You're sitting in a base full of magic and deities. Yet instead of seeking them out to restore your abilities, you sit here drinking away what little speed you have left and feeling sorry for yourself, and you offer that as excuse for it. So yes. You offended."

28. - Top - End - #268

Kitchen

Evan is lifted and quite easily shoved, in these sort of things, he has found that not trying to match the person in question's level of violence is usually a good idea.

Can you really be angry with me when you fail to explain the point beforehand? You didn't say who, when, why or anything else, which left me to try to put together an idea of what happened without any information. I will say I probably don't know much about anything other than shooting but that point isn't here or there. I really didn't intend you or any of your friends insult, so if you could just put me down, we can talk about this and I can maybe offer you an apology that sounds slightly... More convincing.

Evan still hasn't offered resistance of any kind, nothing that Tiri would notice anyway. That's for if things go further south.

I did consult the god types roaming around the place. For whatever reason, something is preventing their abilities from being able to get in to do the work that needs to get done.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Shooting Range

Lucky smiles at Grant. "Speak for yourself. Foxes haven't made your life miserable... yet."

He glances at Linda. "You might be only half-and-half, but Lucky knew you were going to shoot him in the back first chance you get. It's de way of de fox kind. They'll sell-out dier best buddies for a quick buck."
    Linda finds a pair of shooting earmuffs. They don't fit very well, and are rather pointless given the very nearly silent nature of the rifle, but she puts them on anyway and resumes burning holes in targets.

Only the bushing out and angry flicking of her tail otherwise betrays her emotions.

30. - Top - End - #270

Shooting Range

Grant's eye twitches, blue eyes flashing.

"I don't think I made myself clear. If you are a member of HALO you will not speak to your equals in that fashion."

His voice doesn't convey anything but a statement, one that has no room for argument.