New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniaAntares View Post
    Other

How do I submit content on dreamscarredpress.com? Through the forums?

I believe the errata that was on the old forums (but did not survive the transition) indicated that they changed it to be a full-round action to take the form.
    Yes and Yes, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Does this post mean Tzocatl is now considered in this category despite previously being in playtesting?
    It's on indefinite hiatus at this time until the author and developer is able to devote time to the project again (personal life issues have taken their toll) or it's officially moved into the bin. We of course want to see this project come to fruition but its been a while since it's been touched so we cannot devote any time or energy to it at present.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Path of War
    Did the Murderous Insight Stalker Art get shafted? I see it on the pfsrd but not on the PoW Stalker pdf.
    Additionally, about the Fear Monger stalker art (From Expanded):
    Does it override the need for the prerequisites for both Dazzling Display and Cornugon Smash, or you still need to get Weapon Focus (x) and Power Attack+6 Intimidate ranks to get the benefits of the feats?
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-09-03 at 02:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    It's on indefinite hiatus at this time until the author and developer is able to devote time to the project again (personal life issues have taken their toll) or it's officially moved into the bin. We of course want to see this project come to fruition but its been a while since it's been touched so we cannot devote any time or energy to it at present.

-X
    That is understandable. Thank you.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    Path of War
    Did the Murderous Insight Stalker Art get shafted? I see it on the pfsrd but not on the PoW Stalker pdf.
    I'm fairly certain we've said this more than one time: Murderous Insight was written after the Stalker PDF was compiled. It's in the full release and on D20PFSRD as a result. It exists. Go forth and rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    Additionally, about the Fear Monger stalker art (From Expanded):
    Does it override the need for the prerequisites for both Dazzling Display and Cornugon Smash, or you still need to get Weapon Focus (x) and Power Attack+6 Intimidate ranks to get the benefits of the feats?
    A: Fear monger does not remove the prerequisites for Dazzling Display or Cornugon Smash. Bonus feats must still meet their prerequisites unless the bonus feat entry specifies otherwise.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Path of War: Expanded
    With regards to the "Old dogs and new tricks" section of the System and Use document for Path of War: Expanded. If an archetype or class template overwrites the base class's disciplines list, can that character still replace one of the new disciplines? For instance, a Privateer stalker has the Thrashing Dragon, Golden Lion, Solar Wind, Steel Serpent and Tempest Gale disciplines. Could they replace Golden Lion with Riven Hourglass?

Does a Stalker who "gains the benefits" of Precise Shot and Point Blank Shot qualify as having those feats for the purpose of prerequisites? My instinct is "probably not", but I'm not sure and it feels like it might be valuable to clarify the intent either way.

(Thanks for doing this FAQ and your presence here in general, it's great you have a clear and approachable way to get feedback.)

Whoops, one more:
    Can you take the Practiced Initiator or Unorthodox Method traits if you don't get maneuvers at first level? For instance, if you're starting in one class and intending to multiclass into an initiator class later on.
    Last edited by twas_Brillig; 2015-09-05 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Formatting

7. - Top - End - #307
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

In the pdf for the Harbinger accursed will (attack rolls) is on the table for 1st level and again for 7th. Is this from the previous rendition of the Harbinger that was missed in editing or is it supposed to do something for attack rolls at 7th level and it is missing from the description of accursed will?

Bloodforge

If a creature has the graveblood subtype are they affected by Command/Turn Undead?
    Last edited by ElderLucian; 2015-09-10 at 08:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

Psionics Unleashed

Do psicrystals have hit dice (and the corresponding feats and ability score increases)?

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by ElderLucian View Post

In the pdf for the Harbinger accursed will (attack rolls) is on the table for 1st level and again for 7th. Is this from the previous rendition of the Harbinger that was missed in editing or is it supposed to do something for attack rolls at 7th level and it is missing from the description of accursed will?
    The 7th is an artifact; no Accursed Will bonus occurs there.

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by Metool View Post
    Psionics Unleashed

Do psicrystals have hit dice (and the corresponding feats and ability score increases)?
    A: They do not (and thus do not).

My extended homebrew sig

11. - Top - End - #311

Ultimate Psionics

Can a contemplative wilder who's taken the Extra Power Known feat trade the extra power out with Meditative Powers, or does it fall under "other means" the same as Expanded Knowledge?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

DSP general:

Trying to build a cool initiator who uses crossbows or guns. keep running in to problems with reload speed. what options are there in the various DSP books to unleash multiple ranged attacks in a round? reloading always gets in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

13. - Top - End - #313

ElfRangerGuy

Maybe we should start "DSP builds general"?

I'd say gunsmoke mystic. Hard to beat free action reload at level 1.
    Last edited by Nyaa; 2015-09-07 at 06:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaa View Post

how have i never read the full mystic document?! perfect thanks

EDIT: who would make such a thread? one of the writers or any old fan just sitting around looking for a thread like that?
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2015-09-07 at 12:58 PM.
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metool View Post
    Ultimate Psionics

Can a contemplative wilder who's taken the Extra Power Known feat trade the extra power out with Meditative Powers, or does it fall under "other means" the same as Expanded Knowledge?
    Correct. Extra Power Known would fall under that same caveat.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    DSP general:

Trying to build a cool initiator who uses crossbows or guns. keep running in to problems with reload speed. what options are there in the various DSP books to unleash multiple ranged attacks in a round? reloading always gets in the way.

how have i never read the full mystic document?! perfect thanks
    Not really the place this here, we don't do build advice here. I'd suggest either in the main thread or (better) making a separate thread entirely for it.

...But yeah, Gunsmoke Mystic or Desperado. Have at it.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

16. - Top - End - #316

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Not really the place this here, we don't do build advice here. I'd suggest either in the main thread or (better) making a separate thread entirely for it.

...But yeah, Gunsmoke Mystic or Desperado. Have at it.

-X
    Sorry mister X sir. wont happen again. just didnt know where to ask...

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by twas_Brillig View Post
    With regards to the "Old dogs and new tricks" section of the System and Use document for Path of War: Expanded. If an archetype or class template overwrites the base class's disciplines list, can that character still replace one of the new disciplines? For instance, a Privateer stalker has the Thrashing Dragon, Golden Lion, Solar Wind, Steel Serpent and Tempest Gale disciplines. Could they replace Golden Lion with Riven Hourglass?
    A: Per the "Old Dogs and New Tricks" section:

When adding a new discipline to an existing class (stalker, warder, and warlord as well as with pathwalker psychic warriors and war soul soulknives), each class will give a choice of what new discipline to add to its list of available disciplines. In the case of archetypes (such as the soul hunter archetype for the stalker class), use the additions listed specifically for the archetype, not the base version of the class (in this above example, a soul hunter stalker would add Cursed Razor, and would not have the option to choose between Riven Hourglass or Tempest Gale).
    As class templates are a type of archetype, you use the discipline list provided by the class template, not the ones listed in "Old Dogs and New Tricks."

Does a Stalker who "gains the benefits" of Precise Shot and Point Blank Shot qualify as having those feats for the purpose of prerequisites? My instinct is "probably not", but I'm not sure and it feels like it might be valuable to clarify the intent either way.

(Thanks for doing this FAQ and your presence here in general, it's great you have a clear and approachable way to get feedback.)
    A: Yes they count for prerequisites. This will be noted in the final product.

Whoops, one more:
    Can you take the Practiced Initiator or Unorthodox Method traits if you don't get maneuvers at first level? For instance, if you're starting in one class and intending to multiclass into an initiator class later on.
    A: The traits do not have any prerequisites, so you do not need to be an initiator to take them.

18. - Top - End - #318

ElfRangerGuy

Ultimate Psionics

Level 8 transmogrifist manifests minor metamorphosis and chooses one size increase. What is the result? +1.5 sizes (rounded down to +1) and +3 size bonus to STR?
    Same transmogrifist manifests metamorphosis and chooses two size increases. Does he get +3 sizes? Is his size bonus to STR +6 or +9?

19. - Top - End - #319
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm not sure if I'm just confusing it with a discussion I had read about the Bushi but are maneuvers able to be used the same round they are recovered? I know that the Bushi can't use a maneuver the same round they recover it but I can't remember if it was just for the Bushi specifically or if that is going to be the rule for the other recovery methods as well? If it is just for the Bushi then why not also for the harbinger that can recover a maneuver in a similar fashion (albeit with a more costly action)?

20. - Top - End - #320

DwarfClericGuy

Ultimate Psionics: Persistent Focus allows you to select an ability or feat that requires the maintainence of psionic focus, and makes you always count as being focused for that feat/ability. Many feats that qualify for this persistent focus also have capacities that allow you to expend the focus, and gain increased benefits temporarily, such as Psionic Shot. Does Persistent Focus allow you to expend this 'imaginary' psionic focus to gain the increased benefits, even if the character is not otherwise psionically focused?
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Pixie in the Playground

Path of War: Awakened Blade

Spoiler: Path of the Warrior
    Show
    The awakened blade's trip along the Path of War is one of constant devotion, and for those with a focused aptitude in the field of war with the psionic arts, their discipline is rewarded.

If the character possesses levels in psychic warrior, then he adds his class level to his psychic warrior level for the purposes of determining the trance and maneuver abilities of his path abilities. If the character possessed levels in the soulknife base class, then the awakened blade counts all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to a soulknife's mind blade enhancement bonus.

Does the Awakened Blade Path of the Warrior ability improve the characters level for access to blade skills or does it only improve the Enhanced Mind Blade class feature.

The Fighters Blade feat and the Natural Blade trait both include verbiage progressing both.

It appears by RAW that access to blade skills is not improved. Is this intentional? My Deadly Fist Awakened Blade who hopes to gain access to Greater Flurry of Fists hopes not. Curious minds want to know.

WabbitHuntr aka Sorek
    Last edited by Sorek; 2015-09-08 at 09:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322

PirateGuy

Path of war Expanded

Maneuvers: The disciplines available to a gunsmoke mystic are Elemental Flux, Riven Hourglass, Shattered Mirror, Solar Wind, Tempest Gale, and Veiled Moon. In addition,[U]she always considers firearms to be a discipline weapon for these disciplines.[/U
    does this mean a mystic treats firearms as discipline weapons for disciplines she gained through traits or traditions too? or is this rule exclusive for these lister disciplines?

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Ultimate Psionics

Level 8 transmogrifist manifests minor metamorphosis and chooses one size increase. What is the result? +1.5 sizes (rounded down to +1) and +3 size bonus to STR?
    Same transmogrifist manifests metamorphosis and chooses two size increases. Does he get +3 sizes? Is his size bonus to STR +6 or +9?
    No, the empowerment goes to the size bonuses to attributes, not the size increase itself. No fractional sizes. There isn't a +1 size bonus to your size thing existing in the rules, it's just "increases size category by" which is different than attribute bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayt View Post
    Ultimate Psionics: Persistent Focus allows you to select an ability or feat that requires the maintainence of psionic focus, and makes you always count as being focused for that feat/ability. Many feats that qualify for this persistent focus also have capacities that allow you to expend the focus, and gain increased benefits temporarily, such as Psionic Shot. Does Persistent Focus allow you to expend this 'imaginary' psionic focus to gain the increased benefits, even if the character is not otherwise psionically focused?
    No, you'd need a true psionic focus for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorek View Post
    Path of War: Awakened Blade

Spoiler: Path of the Warrior
    Show
    The awakened blade's trip along the Path of War is one of constant devotion, and for those with a focused aptitude in the field of war with the psionic arts, their discipline is rewarded.

If the character possesses levels in psychic warrior, then he adds his class level to his psychic warrior level for the purposes of determining the trance and maneuver abilities of his path abilities. If the character possessed levels in the soulknife base class, then the awakened blade counts all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to a soulknife's mind blade enhancement bonus.

Does the Awakened Blade Path of the Warrior ability improve the characters level for access to blade skills or does it only improve the Enhanced Mind Blade class feature.

The Fighters Blade feat and the Natural Blade trait both include verbiage progressing both.

It appears by RAW that access to blade skills is not improved. Is this intentional? My Deadly Fist Awakened Blade who hopes to gain access to Greater Flurry of Fists hopes not. Curious minds want to know.

WabbitHuntr aka Sorek
    Negative on that ghost rider. You only get the enhancement bonus - no party with the blade skills.

Path of war Expanded

does this mean a mystic treats firearms as discipline weapons for disciplines she gained through traits or traditions too? or is this rule exclusive for these listed disciplines?
    Exclusive to that specific list.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

24. - Top - End - #324

RedSorcererGirl

The Shattered Mirror counter Equivocate states it has a duration of 1 round, and also says: "Until the beginning of your next turn, any power, psi-like ability, spell, or spell-like ability targeting that opponent also targets you (and vice versa), even if it normally could not affect that many targets or one or the other of you would be out of range."

If a non-instant spell - say, Bear's Strength - were used on my opponent, does it only last for 1 round for me, or does it go for its regular duration?
    Last edited by MilleniaAntares; 2015-09-12 at 08:28 PM.
    My Homebrew Material, mostly focusing on Dreamscarred Press's Path of War and psionics material!

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniaAntares View Post

The Shattered Mirror counter Equivocate states it has a duration of 1 round, and also says: "Until the beginning of your next turn, any power, psi-like ability, spell, or spell-like ability targeting that opponent also targets you (and vice versa), even if it normally could not affect that many targets or one or the other of you would be out of range."

If a non-instant spell - say, Bear's Strength - were used on my opponent, does it only last for 1 round for me, or does it go for its regular duration?
    It would last for its regular duration, and anything used on you would likewise last for its full duration on the opponent.

Essentially the counter's effect is "If Person X is a target, Person Y is also a target. If Person Y is a target, Person X is also a target."

My extended homebrew sig

26. - Top - End - #326

PirateGuy

Path of war

if i have a 3rd level stance wich requires 1 manouver from that discipline. but then i retrain that manouver to one from a different discipline. do i lose the stance?

also, how does primal fury slash interact with reach weapons? the feat says creatures adjacent to you. Does a reach weapon increase that to adjacent withing 10 ft? or am i just out of luck?
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2015-09-13 at 08:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Path of war

if i have a 3rd level stance wich requires 1 manouver from that discipline. but then i retrain that manouver to one from a different discipline. do i lose the stance?
    A: No. Once you have the stance it meets its own prerequisite.

28. - Top - End - #328

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    A: No. Once you have the stance it meets its own prerequisite.
    odd rule, but you dont hear me complaining! i have little manouvers as it is being a warlord.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

odd rule, but you dont hear me complaining! i have little manouvers as it is being a warlord.
    If you have two tickets to get into a movie, but you only need one ticket, and you give one of your two tickets away can you still get into the movie?

30. - Top - End - #330

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    If you have two tickets to get into a movie, but you only need one ticket, and you give one of your two tickets away can you still get into the movie?
    to me it looks more like: you can go to the movie if you have a ticket, or are already in the movie. you lost your ticket, enjoy the movie.

i get that i got into the movie with my ticket and that i can stay, it just feels weird to watch the movie having no proof of me buying entry.

also, did you see the second question i edited in?