New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

((Double posting, but last one was to answer someone else))
    Lords of the Night-Nightguard Paladin
    Regarding Guilt Wrack Nemesis-Is the confused status inflicted by it a mind-affecting effect? (As it's the compulsion tag on the Confusion spell that makes it a mind-affecting effect, not the confused condition in of itself).

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Path of war: original flavor

Solar hailstorm stance gives 2 extra attacks on a full attack. Stating that ''While in this stance and making a full attack, he may make two additional ranged weapon attacks using his full base attack bonus and he may add his initiation modifier to damage on these attacks.''

my english being terrible, does that mean i get my initiation modifier to all my attacks in that full attack or just to the two extra attacks?

thanks

EDIT: also, are those extra attacks with my main hand? in cast of dual wielding of course
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2016-03-12 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Path of War

I didn't find it in Systems and Use, so:

How do ranged touch attacks interact with boosts that require ranged attacks?

Or how do melee touch attacks interact with boosts that require melee attacks, for that matter?

Example: A hidden blade initiates Dizzying Venom Prana before casting Acid Splash with his Minor Magic talent.

Does the Acid Splash stagger and cause Wisdom damage on a failed save?

Does a Bladecaster, also initiating Dizzying Venom Prana, apply the effect to Shocking Grasp?

PoW: Expanded looks great!

Edit: Similarly, would stances adding damage riders add to the touch attacks, such as Stance of Piercing Rays(1d6 fire on ranged attacks) or the Mithral Current stance that adds 1d6 on melee attacks and gives +5' reach?
    Last edited by neversterling; 2016-03-18 at 08:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #514

Chimera

For Path of War: Expanded

Maneuvers and Mounted Combat says
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneuvers and Mounted Combat
    When a character initiates a martial strike or boost
    during a mounted charge attack, the initiation of the
    maneuver overrides any damage bonuses[...]
    Does this mean that you can't benefit from any boosts if you want to do a mounted charge, or only those that boost charges/attacks directly.

Compare Pride Movement to Bronze Lancer's Edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride Movement
    By having a watchful eye on the flow of combat, the disciple knows when to spur an ally into a better position. As a swift action, the initiator may grant a move action to an adjacent ally. This ally may then use this move action immediately to move up to his base speed, as if it were a free action taken on the initiator's turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Lancer's Edge
    With practiced skill, you are capable of achieving greater force with your discipline weapons. After initiating this boost, the next charge attack you make this turn deals an additional 1d6 points of damage.
    What about boosts that provide a benefit for a duration, such as Encouraging Roar?

Quote Originally Posted by Encouraging Roar
    The disciple lets out shouts of encouragement to bolster his allies in battle. All allies within 30-ft. of the Golden Lion disciple gain a +2 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls for one round.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lords of the Night

Q:

The Sussurratore prestige class gives maneuver progression, but makes no mention of stances. Do PCs prestiging into the class no longer get stances, unless through feats?
    If a sword had memory, it might be grateful to the forge fire, but never fond of it.

Homebrew
    [WIP] Scaled Tyrant - Path of War Dragon based discipline.

Campaigns I am in:
    We Be Best Goblins! as Ragnok the Titleless
    Land of the Endless Sky as Azrael (previously Nualia)

6. - Top - End - #516
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    ((Double posting, but last one was to answer someone else))
    Lords of the Night-Nightguard Paladin
    Regarding Guilt Wrack Nemesis-Is the confused status inflicted by it a mind-affecting effect? (As it's the compulsion tag on the Confusion spell that makes it a mind-affecting effect, not the confused condition in of itself).
    As of Occult Adventures, the confused condition is emotion-affecting and therefore mind-affecting.

Quote Originally Posted by CGNefarious View Post
    Lords of the Night

Q:

The Sussurratore prestige class gives maneuver progression, but makes no mention of stances. Do PCs prestiging into the class no longer get stances, unless through feats?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

7. - Top - End - #517
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

PoW: E question.

Primal Fury Style lets its user make Survival checks instead of Acrobatics to tough-guy their way through threatened squares (which, brief aside, I love, great effect). You're not bound by Acrobatics' stipulation about reduced movement speeds, are you? Makes it a lot harder to get a medium or heavy armor guy working that way.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GhorrinRedblade View Post
    PoW: E question.

Primal Fury Style lets its user make Survival checks instead of Acrobatics to tough-guy their way through threatened squares (which, brief aside, I love, great effect). You're not bound by Acrobatics' stipulation about reduced movement speeds, are you? Makes it a lot harder to get a medium or heavy armor guy working that way.
    A: The only thing that Primal Fury Style does is change the relevant skill check. All the other rules remain the same. It's a Find+Replace type of deal, otherwise we would have to specify any other additional changes.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

OK, too bad. I mean, I get it, but now this looks like a job for Armor Training! Cue the Myrmidon...

10. - Top - End - #520

SamuraiGuy

Mithral current included as one of its options under definitions of sheathed weapons "an unformed mind blade."

Q: Do the Mithral Current stances and maneuvers that allow for sheathing a weapon multiple times allow a Soulknife to form their mind blade more than once per round?
    Last edited by AoiEMT; 2016-03-21 at 01:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #521

Q: Does Armory of the Conquerer stack with a Shield Spike? Does it stack with the Bashing enhancement?
    Incredible avatar made by Ceika.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AoiEMT View Post
    Mithral current included as one of its options under definitions of sheathed weapons "an unformed mind blade."

Q: Do the Mithral Current stances and maneuvers that allow for sheathing a weapon multiple times allow a Soulknife to form their mind blade more than once per round?
    A: No. You can still only attempt to actually form the mind blade once per round, however, you can still sheathe the mind blade normally (like in a sheath or something, using one of the other mentioned "sheathing" mechanics). Unformed Mind Blade was included specifically in that list because a mind blade can't actually be "drawn" when unformed, because they're "formed" instead, and that means the terminology for drawing/sheathing wouldn't work otherwise.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taveena View Post
    Q: Does Armory of the Conquerer stack with a Shield Spike? Does it stack with the Bashing enhancement?
    Shield spikes are in a kind of hazy area ruleswise, since they're technically a virtual size increase. I, personally, would allow them to stack, but I think RAW is no.

Bashing and Armory of the Conqueror definitely do not stack; you'd take the more beneficial of the two.

14. - Top - End - #524

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    A: No. You can still only attempt to actually form the mind blade once per round, however, you can still sheathe the mind blade normally (like in a sheath or something, using one of the other mentioned "sheathing" mechanics). Unformed Mind Blade was included specifically in that list because a mind blade can't actually be "drawn" when unformed, because they're "formed" instead, and that means the terminology for drawing/sheathing wouldn't work otherwise.
    Q: Follow up: Do the feats or stances that allow you to threaten with a sheathed weapon allow you to threaten with an unformed mindblade? And if so how does this interact with mind flayed and other blade skills that could effect threatened range?
    Last edited by AoiEMT; 2016-03-21 at 06:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525

This was asked a few months ago but never answered so I'd like to repeat it.

Q:Can thrashing dragon stances that require the initiator to be wielding two weapons function with initiators who have multiple natural attacks or initiators who are completely unarmed?

The specific stance text calls out "wielding two weapons" which the general text for the discipline defines as distinct from using a double weapon, natural attack or unarmed combat. So RAW points to no, but that seems inconsistent with the rest of the discipline, especially regarding double weapons.
    Last edited by Anlashok; 2016-03-22 at 11:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

I have two questions about Path of War

In Path of War the Umbral Blade PrC here is my question: The maneuvers you get to learn in the class come from Black Seraph, Steel Serpent, Thrashing Dragon, and Veiled Moon. But the Stances list gaining one from Primal Fury and the others listed but not Black Seraph is this a typo or by design?

Next question if I am reading the calculations right the DC of a maneuver(Page 33 under Saving Throws) using a Weapon of the correct discipline is 10 + lvl + Initiator mod + 2 with a 16 in your initiator stat this makes for an average save of 16 at lvl 1. This stacks with Discipline focus and seems a bit high especially since Steel Serpent can raise this even higher with its stances and Boosts.

I can only assume that this is due to the need for multiple attributes on a Martial character so the +2 might be to make up for fact that most martial characters will not boost their mental stats as often as physical ones.
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

17. - Top - End - #527

Quote Originally Posted by Hida Reju View Post
    Next question if I am reading the calculations right the DC of a maneuver(Page 33 under Saving Throws) using a Weapon of the correct discipline is 10 + lvl + Initiator mod + 2 with a 16 in your initiator stat this makes for an average save of 16 at lvl 1. This stacks with Discipline focus and seems a bit high especially since Steel Serpent can raise this even higher with its stances and Boosts.

I can only assume that this is due to the need for multiple attributes on a Martial character so the +2 might be to make up for fact that most martial characters will not boost their mental stats as often as physical ones.
    I'll note also that not everyone is going to use a discipline weapon, for various reasons. My current character, a Zweihander Sentinel, uses a greatsword as his primary weapon because it is by a comfortable margin the best weapon he's been able to get, even though his primary discipline is Silver Crane, which doesn't have heavy blades as discipline weapon. Also, in my experience it's not real hard to just take strikes that don't allow saves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Blossom View Post
    And then you wrote about it on your livejournal, dyed your hair black and started taking warlock levels.

18. - Top - End - #528

SamuraiGuy

Q:
    Will the war soul and pathwalker stance progression (1, 4, 10, 15) be changed to match the non-martial disciple stance progression (1, 4, 7, 11, 13)?

19. - Top - End - #529

I've been looking for the Bloodforge errata, but I can't find them. Are they already integrated in the latest release? If not, any chance for doing so?

20. - Top - End - #530
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q: Does "Flanker’s Gambit" (From the Hidden Blade Archetype) works with ranged attacks?

Im not entirely sure, as the "Risk" seems to do so, but the "Reward has a weird wording IF it would work with ranged attacks.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erold View Post
    Q: Does "Flanker’s Gambit" (From the Hidden Blade Archetype) works with ranged attacks?

Im not entirely sure, as the "Risk" seems to do so, but the "Reward has a weird wording IF it would work with ranged attacks.
    Yes, it does.

22. - Top - End - #532

Planetar

The Cursed Razor style feat Cursed Razor Plague and the Aura of Shared Misfortune don't keep working off each other, right? Since, as it is written now, if you have both... Okay. You curse a guy with a strike. The style feat makes another guy cursed for the same time, and the stance curses another guy for your initiating modifier. Then, the stance kicks in again, since somebody was cursed by an effect other than the feat. Then the stance kicks in again, cursing another guy.

Though I think the idea is hilarious, and it fits the descriptions of curses spreading through enemies like wildfire, I don't think it was intended to work that way.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q1. Myrmidon gets a grit pool. Suppose I have 5 levels of Gunslinger (Bolt Ace archetype) prior to multiclassing to Myrmidon. Do I have 2 grit pools? I think its the only archetype that doesn't specify what happens. If I have 2 grit pools can i use either to power both class abilities? If I crit do both pools fill up? (sure hope I haven't critically failed my spot check on this one).

Q2. I think normally when you are wielding a range weapon you don't get attack of opportunities, right? Does the defensive form that the Myrmidon has to activate in order for him to recover maneuvers enable under that specific condition to actually use a range weapon to execute AOO? (If no I will be sad as Myrmidon have access to a range discipline and could be built as a range character)

Thanks in advance

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelAzrael View Post
    Q1. Myrmidon gets a grit pool. Suppose I have 5 levels of Gunslinger (Bolt Ace archetype) prior to multiclassing to Myrmidon. Do I have 2 grit pools? I think its the only archetype that doesn't specify what happens. If I have 2 grit pools can i use either to power both class abilities? If I crit do both pools fill up? (sure hope I haven't critically failed my spot check on this one).
    Consider that little quote from http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base...es/gunslinger:

For characters with a mix of grit, luck, and panache, they pool the resources together into a combined pool.
    Not sure where the source is, but as they don't explicitly say 3rd party, I would assume some Paizo book. In any case, if you can't get separate pools for grit, luck, and panache, my conclusion is that you can't get separate pools for grit, too. So just add the levels of both classes to determine the amount of points you get. Not sure if there is something more official for this question.

25. - Top - End - #535

Planetar

It's from ACG, I think from the swashbuckler archetype section.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    Consider that little quote from http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base...es/gunslinger:

Not sure where the source is, but as they don't explicitly say 3rd party, I would assume some Paizo book. In any case, if you can't get separate pools for grit, luck, and panache, my conclusion is that you can't get separate pools for grit, too. So just add the levels of both classes to determine the amount of points you get. Not sure if there is something more official for this question.
    Advanced Class Guide, page 102.

EDIT: Too slow.
    Last edited by master4sword; 2016-04-12 at 09:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #537

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    Q- The Cursed Razor style feat Cursed Razor Plague and the Aura of Shared Misfortune don't keep working off each other, right? Since, as it is written now, if you have both... Okay. You curse a guy with a strike. The style feat makes another guy cursed for the same time, and the stance curses another guy for your initiating modifier. Then, the stance kicks in again, since somebody was cursed by an effect other than the feat. Then the stance kicks in again, cursing another guy. You could literally curse every single enemy within 20 feet.

Though I think the idea is hilarious, and it fits the descriptions of curses spreading through enemies like wildfire, I don't think it was intended to work that way.
    Bump (and edit) for this; I have a feeling this came up at some point before, but for the life of me I can't find it.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I'm not DSP dev, but I see nothing wrong with spending two feat slots, stance slot, active stance slot and swift action to apply a condition that doesn't do anything by itself. If there are more than about three enemies they are likely to die to fireball or aoe strike anyway.

29. - Top - End - #539

Planetar

Which Aura of Shared Misery boosts significantly. Cursed Razor Plague is just a stepping stone between the first and final feat of the style, both of which are helped by having lots of cursed targets available, the last one especially.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Lords of the Night and Paladins.

Can a Knight Disciple Paladin (or anything Good) use Unquiet Grave without issues? I know the Martial Tradition has Alignment: Any.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.