New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Psionics

I've found references (in a table in one of the Psionic books or some guide iirc) to a feat called Psychic Bastion but can't manage to track it down any further. Has it been scrapped from further release?

2. - Top - End - #962
    Dwarf in the Playground

Knight-Chandler, Votive Effect.

There's been some disagreement in my circle about this:

"Affected allies gain the ability to tap into the candle’s energy as a swift action, gaining temporary hit points equal to the knight-chandler’s illumination, up to a maximum number of temporary hit points equal to her class level. These temporary hit points do not stack with themselves, and last for up to 1 minute."

One side says that the 'maximum number' means a hard maximum per encounter - ie. if you're level 5, allies can only gain 5 THP from you total for that encounter. The other side says that it is the max per-turn, and you can give that HP over and over again, as long as allies keep taking swift actions. Which is correct?

3. - Top - End - #963
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dac View Post
    Knight-Chandler, Votive Effect.

There's been some disagreement in my circle about this:

"Affected allies gain the ability to tap into the candle’s energy as a swift action, gaining temporary hit points equal to the knight-chandler’s illumination, up to a maximum number of temporary hit points equal to her class level. These temporary hit points do not stack with themselves, and last for up to 1 minute."

One side says that the 'maximum number' means a hard maximum per encounter - ie. if you're level 5, allies can only gain 5 THP from you total for that encounter. The other side says that it is the max per-turn, and you can give that HP over and over again, as long as allies keep taking swift actions. Which is correct?
    Neither. It means the allies can't have more THP total from that votive effect than the KC's class level. It says nothing about "per encounter." The KC's illumination (the amount of THP allies get for using a swift action) and the KC's class level (the max amount of THP an ally can have from it) are usually different numbers, with the latter being higher.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Psionics

A level 9 Egoist with the Shared Power Metapsionics feat manifests Psychofeedback as a touch power, and succeeds at making a melee touch attack on an enemy.

1: Does the enemy get a saving throw?

2: Who decides which ability scores are effected?

I assume a level 13 Egoist using their Shared Effect class feature augment would have the same result.

Thanks!
    Last edited by neversterling; 2017-08-29 at 11:11 AM.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Ultimate Psionics - mostly questions about the Vitalist class

Peculiar targets:

The target of Dimension Swap is listed as an "ally". I have scoured the web looking for a definition of this (re: willing), but only seen whether you can be your own ally. The power would be too strong if you could just use Body Equilibrium to walk over the lake, then stand looking up at the guard atop the castle walls, and several rounds later be inside the castle with the guard suddenly drowning in the lake. Was it kept not "willing" to prevent this from working with Unwilling Participant, or was "ally" accidentally used instead of "willing"? If "ally" is effectively the same as "willing", but you still used the other term deliberately, what is the distinction?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/u/untouchable-aura
    Untouchable Aura has a Range of Aura, which leaves me uncertain whether to use it through a collective (range: greater than Personal) (target: "you", which is presumably a willing creature), or use it with Shared Power (range: Personal?) - was it meant to be impossible to manifest for others with either of these, or which does it qualify for?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/equipment/psionic-items/universal-items#TOC-Mind-Stone
    "A character can only benefit from a number of mind stones equal to half his powers known from his manifesting ability. Extra powers known from feats like Expanded Knowledge or from effects like psychic chirurgery do not increase this limit."
    Does the human's Favored Class Bonus (which works identically to the Expanded Knowledge feat) count as a power known from their manifesting ability? Does the bonus Talent from a Vitalist's Knacks (if not replaced by an archetype) count as one of these powers? If they take the Access Psionic Talent feat, do those five powers count as more of these powers?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/feats/expanded-knowledge-psionic
    Are powers gained from Expanded Knowledge available for manifesting with each class of a multi-classed character? (Assuming that the manifester level with each is high enough to do so.) When dipping cross-class for bonus feats, can those feats be used for enhancing class abilities of a different class? When dipping cross-class for bonus feats, must any Expanded Knowledge feats be calculated based on the manifesting level in whichever class went up a level when the bonus feat was gained? Combining these, can a Vitalist (level 7) dip into Psion for an Expanded Knowledge feat to gain a 3rd-level power from any class list, even though they cannot manifest 4th-level powers as a psion?

d20pfsrd.com=/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo-rage-powers/celestial-totem-lesser-su
    The non-spell examples given are still divine magic; does this interact with psionic healing? Can the additional healing be redirected (over a collective), or does it only kick in when the final recipient of some healing has been resolved? Must each recipient receive at least 1 point if they are to get a bonus from Celestial Totem, or can the entire psionic healing amount be redirected once the Celestial Totem healing kicks in?

Can the Persistent Power feat be used with the psi-like power in the Vitalist class, "collective"? Normally a free power (to add one or more new members to the collective), would paying a total of 2 PP require Unwilling Participants to make two saving throws, with the failure of either bringing them into the collective? If so (if someone was added to the collective with Persistent Power), must they later make all saving throws against other powers (class or psionic) as if still affected by the Persistent Power, fueled by that original payment instead of needing to pay another +2 for each further power?

d20pfsrd.com=/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-samsaran/#Racial_Archetype
    Vitalist: Reduce the power point cost to augment powers that heal hit point damage by 1/2. [JBE:BoHR:AFCO]
    How does the Samsaran favored class bonus (Vitalist) work? The "golden rule" explicitly limits the PP that may be spent, so a 4th-level manifester augmenting their Natural Healing power five times - normally a cost of 6 PP - would reduce that cost by 2, with the leftover (4) no greater than their manifester level. Or is it the amount they would spend that is capped at their manifester level (4), and then they expend less energy (reduce by 2) (leaving 2) to manifest it?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/s/sense-link/
    Can you manifest powers on targets you can only see through a member of your collective upon whom Sense Link has been manifested? Can you use the "share my senses" augment with extra-sensory powers that grant you sight, such as Clairvoyant Sense? Can you use that augment with Synesthate? (When seeing sound, and sharing sight, will those you share with see through your eyes when you cannot? If you are feeling light, will they gain the +4 bonus to Perception since their eyes are still working? Can you use that augment with extra-sensory powers like Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions, bringing everyone in on the same vision? Can you use one manifestation of Sense Link to see through the eyes of an ally using Enter Image, and another to let others in the group see what you are seeing through the ally's view from their image?

d20pfsrd.com=/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cap-of-the-free-thinker/
    d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/p/psychic-bodyguard/
    I've been assuming that Psychic Bodyguard, when augmented via the Vitalist's collective, can protect many people at once but collapses once a Will save is replaced for any of them. Can a Cap of the Free Thinker be used for that one saving throw? If a hostile power can affect more than one target and affects two members of your collective, do you make one roll to protect all of them from the power, or do you have to decide which member you will protect first?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/i/inevitable-strike/
    When using Shared Power to bestow this on every member of your collective, does it remain in effect for one attack each of them attempt, or does any one of them using it cause the power to immediately end for everyone?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist/#TOC-Steal-Health-Su-
    d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/life-leech
    Vitalist core Steal Health "A vitalist may use this ability on creatures with a total number of hit dice less than half his vitalist level, but he gains no healing from it."
    Life Leech's Drain Health "may not be used against creatures with a total number of hit dice less than half the life leech’s level"
    I've been reading this as "the Vitalist may steal health (lethal damage) from enemies who are not in the collective" (only the healing they gain from it cares about victim HD), but "the life leech cannot damage creatures in their collective if the HD are too low". That seems unusual, since the core vitalist is then better than the life leech at the damage side of things. A core Vitalist (level 5) would be able to murder 2nd-level commoners at will, whereas a life leech using their equivalent power would be utterly ineffectual. Was the intent for Drain Health to use the same wording as with Steal Health?

"If your rank in that skill is higher, the target uses your ranks in place of his own ranks (maximum 5 ranks), and vice versa. If a target’s skill ranks are replaced by this power, they are treated as though they actually had the shared ranks in the skill for all purposes (including class skill bonuses and the use of trained-only skills)."
    Can the Skills As One power be used within your collective to relay skills? If you are treated as though you actually had those ranks in the skill "for all purposes", can you manifest it through the collective to acquire skill ranks from one member (who has them) and then share them with another member (who, like you, does not), effectively enabling the first member to share their skill ranks with the second (even though they cannot use the power) using you as a conduit?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/s/strength-of-my-enemy/
    paizo.com=/threads/rzs2kqm0?Ability-Score-Damage-Penalty-and-Drain
    "Damage: This damage does not actually reduce an ability, but it does apply a penalty to the skills and statistics that are based on that ability. For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. If the amount of ability damage you have taken equals or exceeds your ability score, you immediately fall unconscious until the damage is less than your ability score. The only exception to this is your Constitution score. If the damage to your Constitution is equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you die."
    Strength Of My Enemy: can we pull a rat out of the Bag of Tricks and spend a few rounds (before battle) petting it with our weapons to max out the Strength bonus? There's no chance of killing it, provided we avoid even any non-lethal damage (though if that's a concern we can always have an NPC hireling there who is willing to be alternately beaten up and healed in return for a living wage). Once its penalties are maxed out, can we still gain any Strength bonuses from it? If we don't have to deliver a fatal blow and the target is completely willing, how rapidly can we 'hit' them to trigger the power? As written it would trigger multiple times in one round if we had multiple attacks; if we're trying to hit a willing target, how fast can we do that?

Two questions that I wrote down but now can't figure out why I would need to ask:

Powers taken with Expanded Knowledge: do they use the primary stat of the class they are being manifested with? (I cannot think of any powers that care about whatever primary stat a manifester may have.) If the manifester has multiple classes which might manifest the power from a single Expanded Knowledge feat, may they select which class they manifest it from to use the stat that is then highest?

Persistent Power: this has no minimum level to reach before taking the feat (so it can potentially be taken at level 1), but the +2 PP makes it almost impossible to use at first level - the only exception I can think of being Wilder+Overchannel (or possibly a Torc of Power Preservation, if wildly exceeding WBL guidelines). Even a talent wouldn't work, because focus must be expended to reduce a talent's cost below 1, and Persistent Power also requires expending focus to use. Apart from the wilder+overchannel combo I can see this being left open because it's another feat that can be taken before third level, and the +2 PP does effectively hold its immediate usefulness back. So this does reasonably seem like a non-omission.

One question that is both too specific to be an FAQ/errata item and which I think I already saw the answer to (elsewhere), anyway:

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/sadist
    Many animals are listed as having 1 HD - can a Sadist bring one into the collective, let someone else kill it (since per my reading of Drain Health, above, they can't simply snuff out the poor creature's life on their own), and then have a bonus PP to use on buffs before cooking and eating the animal? Do they need the animal to suffer, or is this fluff that can be readjusted for a painless mercy killing?
    Last edited by ButlerWizard; 2017-08-30 at 04:03 AM. Reason: typo, formatting

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Question regarding the Marksman's 20th level ability for the Volley style, Block the Sun. It states that you get 2 squares per attack roll made and can be combined with Vicious Volley. Vicious Volley says you make two attack rolls per attack and take the higher. Does this mean that you would get 16 squares for Block the Sun since you make 8 attack rolls?
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

7. - Top - End - #967
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Q: For the Animus Adept, using its Mass Martial Glyphs ability, is the cost one animus, or one animus per target?

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Ultimate Psionics - mostly questions about the Vitalist class

The session this weekend led to some new questions, and one of my "I can't remember why I wrote this down" questions is now clear:

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerWizard View Post
    Powers taken with Expanded Knowledge: do they use the primary stat of the class they are being manifested with? (I cannot think of any powers that care about whatever primary stat a manifester may have.) If the manifester has multiple classes which might manifest the power from a single Expanded Knowledge feat, may they select which class they manifest it from to use the stat that is then highest?
    I want to have Untouchable Aura (which, with Shared Power, can simultaneously ward the entire party), but the effectiveness of its protection is limited to my DC for a Will save. In the case of Untouchable Aura, a Dread power, is the DC set by original class (using my Charisma bonus), by my class, or may I select which to use if, e.g., my permanent Charisma stat is actually higher than my primary casting stat? If, on the other hand, my Charisma is lower than 10, the power would be keying off of a dump-stat, and then I cannot manifest it at all.

Strength of My Enemy only calls out "natural or manufactured weapons", not melee vs ranged - can this power affect a bow and then trigger when one of the arrows loosed by it hits an enemy? Or would this have to be "pick one arrow per manifestation"?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior/#TOC-Bonus-Feats
    Starting at 1st level, "a psychic warrior gets a bonus combat-oriented feat, but the same text later goes on to note that they "must be drawn from the feats noted as combat feats or psionic feats". Is this "or" meant as "you may take a combat feat" and "you may take a (non-combat) psionic feat", or "take any 'combat feat', looking in both the 'combat feats' area and (any combat-specific psionic feat from) the new 'psionic feats' area"? In short, is the Psychic Warrior dip-friendly for 1-2 levels of non-combat psionic feats?

The class ability "collective" has no PP cost - with effectively infinite use, line-of-sight becomes "I try until my target rolls a 1 on their save". We're looking for low-level spells that protect against it. Protection From (Evil/Good/Chaos/Law) would prevent possession, which this isn't, and prevent mind control, but a collective isn't controlling anyone's mind, so the spell would provide a +2 bonus on Will saves. Are there any high-level detection spells that would interact (assuming full magic/psionics transparency) with a collective? Are there any high-level countermeasures?

d20pfsrd.com=/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/#TOC-Manifest-an-Unknown-Power-from-Another-s-powers-Known
    When manifesting unknown powers as when addressing a power stone, can Use Magic Device be used here to pretend your class is the one with that power on its list? Would this change the automatic failure on Spellcraft check #2?

9. - Top - End - #969
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

PoW

Curse of Impending Doom.

If the enemy is immune to the fear tag, does the initial -2 still applies?
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Question:

Does the benefit of Deadly Agility (DEX to damage on finesse-able weapons) apply to only melee attacks with fitting weapons, or does it also apply to those weapons when they are thrown?
    DMs only roll dice for the sound they make

11. - Top - End - #971

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wartex1 View Post
    Question:

Does the benefit of Deadly Agility (DEX to damage on finesse-able weapons) apply to only melee attacks with fitting weapons, or does it also apply to those weapons when they are thrown?
    I asked this one before as well.

You may add your Dexterity modifier in place of your Strength modifier when wielding
    You don't get Dex to damage when performing a thrown weapon attack.

12. - Top - End - #972

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryr View Post
    I asked this one before as well.

You don't get Dex to damage when performing a thrown weapon attack.
    How about with a sharding weapon?
    The future is bright.

13. - Top - End - #973

Daemon

Ah, well good thing Starry Grace is still a thing for Starknives.

EDIT: I also have another question for the same build that the previous one was for.

Can someone highlight the strengths and weaknesses of Steel Serpent vs Cursed Razor? I'm working on a build that can only trade out one more (already getting rid of Shattered Mirror for Tempest Gale) and am considering trading out Mithral Current for one of the two.
    Last edited by Wartex1; 2017-09-07 at 03:08 PM.
    DMs only roll dice for the sound they make

14. - Top - End - #974

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metool View Post
    How about with a sharding weapon?
    I ... don't know.

This is the original quote:

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    You would be correct. Deadly agility cares not for your ability to cleverly disarm yourself.

-X

Quote Originally Posted by Wartex1 View Post
    Can someone highlight the strengths and weaknesses of Steel Serpent vs Cursed Razor? I'm working on a build that can only trade out one more (already getting rid of Shattered Mirror for Tempest Gale) and am considering trading out Mithral Current for one of the two.

Personally, I used Cursed Razor 'cause 'm a tank. It has a bit more of control but needs more setup at high levels: a lot of maneuvers benefit from cursed enemies. Also, most of Cursed Razor is "Saving throw negates". Steel Serpent is a bit less flexible but with more "Saving throw half/partial". Mind you, the -4 to attack of Spilled Salt is amazing.

15. - Top - End - #975

SamuraiGirl

Akashic Mysteries

Q: This might just be my reading it wrong, or me having an old copy of Akashic Mysteries, but does the Life Bond feat, with invested essence, allow for infinite healing if two characters have it and heal each other? Was Life Bond errata'd to no longer have this?
    Spoiler: Life Bond (old?)
    Show
    Life Bond (Akashic)
    You can transfer your own vital essence into another.
    Prerequisites: Con 17, veilweaver level 5.
    Benefit: You gain the ability to transfer your life force to other living creatures. As long as you are in physical contact with another creature, you can spend a full round action to transfer any number of your own hit points to that creature. You must transfer at least 1 hitpoint when using this ability, and you cannot lower your current hit points below zero. For each point of essence invested in this ability, increase the amount of healing your target receives by 5 hit points.
    You gain 1 point of essence.
    I'm able to post ICly at least once every other day, depending on my current schedule, if not more.

Extended Signature (doubles as a memorial over characters from games long since passed).

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdinoiZ View Post
    Akashic Mysteries

Q: This might just be my reading it wrong, or me having an old copy of Akashic Mysteries, but does the Life Bond feat, with invested essence, allow for infinite healing if two characters have it and heal each other? Was Life Bond errata'd to no longer have this?
    Spoiler: Life Bond (old?)
    Show
    Life Bond (Akashic)
    You can transfer your own vital essence into another.
    Prerequisites: Con 17, veilweaver level 5.
    Benefit: You gain the ability to transfer your life force to other living creatures. As long as you are in physical contact with another creature, you can spend a full round action to transfer any number of your own hit points to that creature. You must transfer at least 1 hitpoint when using this ability, and you cannot lower your current hit points below zero. For each point of essence invested in this ability, increase the amount of healing your target receives by 5 hit points.
    You gain 1 point of essence.
    Yes. There's a lot of infinite healing in Dreamscarred Press material. If that's all you want, just get Combat Training and pick up Enduring Crane Strike. No prerequisites, any character can do this. There's also the Medic class which has been fully released and gives you infinite healing. Once the Radiant Dawn discipline comes out of playtest, it'll be another option for infinite healing. I don't think Dreamscarred Press thinks it's a problem, and personally, I don't either. There are other ways to inflict attrition upon the party than with HP. Here's Jade Ripley's statement on the Bag of Kittens problem, which is related.

You can even have infinite healing for your party with Paizo-only stuff. Boots of the Earth + Life Oracle with the Life Bond revelation. Total cost: 5000 gp and 1 class level.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castilonium View Post
    You can even have infinite healing for your party with Paizo-only stuff. Boots of the Earth + Life Oracle with the Life Bond revelation. Total cost: 5000 gp and 1 class level.
    Why bother with Life Bond? Just pass the boots around out of combat
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The thing about infinite healing is that it still caps out at your maximum hit points and the nature of the game tends towards damage numbers that are so high they regularly halve (or more) player HP with a single attack sequence. What matters more is the amount of healing per action.

If you're only healing a max of 1d6+WIS per round, it stops mattering much in combat once enemies are doing 20-30 damage per round. And topping off your hit points between combat is only going to matter to the extent that it protects you from being one shot before your turn in the initiative order comes up. Given this is a group game, allowing more players a better chance to act in combat is healthier for the game, I think.

Anecdotally, I used to play as a Warder with Silver Crane and I carried around a +1 merciful gauntlet that I'd use to punch my allies with Enduring Crane Strike in between combats in order to top off their hit points. We didn't always have time between fights to do so, but it was an option if we had the downtime.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The thing about infinite healing is that it still caps out at your maximum hit points
    Hit points,however,are primary resource that is actually used by initiators.By getting punched in the face.
    Infinite out-of-combat healing makes encounters really easy....HOWEVER...
    From practical standpoint wand of cure light wounds is infinite healing even if you don't have a vizier henchman.
    This goes double for PoW classes which each have a single nope per round in response to enemy attack hitting.
    Some of them can share nopes with allies!And this is before Medic or Rajah.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draacul View Post
    Hit points,however,are primary resource that is actually used by initiators.By getting punched in the face.
    Infinite out-of-combat healing makes encounters really easy....HOWEVER...
    From practical standpoint wand of cure light wounds is infinite healing even if you don't have a vizier henchman.
    This goes double for PoW classes which each have a single nope per round in response to enemy attack hitting.
    Some of them can share nopes with allies!And this is before Medic or Rajah.
    You should really look at the entirety of my post, as I already address that point in the second paragraph.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Dwarf in the Playground

You should really look at the entirety of my post, as I already address that point in the second paragraph.
    I'm pretty sure we are talking about different things.
    My point is that infinite healing is already here unless wands of CLW are banned.And PoW classes already drastically reduce charges expenditure.
    All that Life Bond trick does is basically trade two feats with really high prerequisites for a few thousand gold over a course of the campaign.
    This is a really bad exchange,in my opinion.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm pretty sure we are talking about different things.
    My point is that infinite healing is already here unless wands of CLW are banned.And PoW classes already drastically reduce charges expenditure.
    All that Life Bond trick does is basically trade two feats with really high prerequisites for a few thousand gold over a course of the campaign.
    This is a really bad exchange,in my opinion.
    If you aren't addressing something in my post, then why are you quoting me?

23. - Top - End - #983
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you aren't addressing something in my post, then why are you quoting me?
    Oh,that's quoting things out of context.Bad habit of mine,working on it.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Oh,that's quoting things out of context.Bad habit of mine,working on it.
    It's cool. I was just confused.

25. - Top - End - #985

SamuraiGirl

Path of War: Expanded

Q: Given the Gunsmoke Mystic's Animus Ammunition (Su) and Flowing Movements (Ex) class features in combination with TWF, Improved TWF, a Full Attack Action, and having your hands full, must my Gunsmoke Mystic pay 1 Animus point to reload her pistols without a hand free, provided I have the physical ammunition? The sentence in question is bolded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animus Ammunition (Su)
    At 1st level, a gunsmoke mystic learns how to form her animus into ammunition for a firearm. As a free action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, the gunsmoke mystic can spend one point of animus per piece of ammunition created to reload an empty firearm on her person, filling the gun with with semi-real bullets or pellets and powder. These bullets or pellets are treated as mundane steel with no special abilities or properties, and after one of these bullets or pellets are used for an attack, it vanishes. However, due to the ephemeral nature of these pieces of ammunition, the gunsmoke mystic reduces the misfire value of the firearm by 1 (to a minimum of 1) while making attacks with her semi-real bullets. Firearms with multiple barrels or chambers (such as with a pepperbox or a revolver) must spend one animus per barrel or chamber being loaded (the gunsmoke mystic does not have to load a firearm to full capacity if she chooses). The gunsmoke mystic does not need to have a free hand to reload her firearms, she only needs to be touching the firearm to do so.

If the firearm loaded with this ammunition has magical properties, these properties are bestowed upon the ammunition as normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowing Movements (Ex)
    mystics know that true perfection comes from perfect practice. They train incessantly, mastering their movements to the point that they seemingly draw, fire, and reload their weapons on pure instinct. At 1st level, a gunsmoke mystic gains Rapid Reload as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites, and applies that feat to any firearm she wields. At 5th level, a gunsmoke mystic can reload a two-handed firearm as if it were a onehanded firearm, and a one-handed firearm as if it were a hand or light crossbow. At 9th level, a gunsmoke mystic no longer provokes attacks of opportunity when firing or reloading her firearm.

This ability replaces withstand spell and quell magic.
    In short; is the bolded sentence something that only works while you reload with an Animus Bullet, or can you use it with normal mundane ammunition?
    I'm able to post ICly at least once every other day, depending on my current schedule, if not more.

Extended Signature (doubles as a memorial over characters from games long since passed).

26. - Top - End - #986

Quote Originally Posted by EdinoiZ View Post
    Path of War: Expanded

Q: Given the Gunsmoke Mystic's Animus Ammunition (Su) and Flowing Movements (Ex) class features in combination with TWF, Improved TWF, a Full Attack Action, and having your hands full, must my Gunsmoke Mystic pay 1 Animus point to reload her pistols without a hand free, provided I have the physical ammunition? The sentence in question is bolded.

In short; is the bolded sentence something that only works while you reload with an Animus Bullet, or can you use it with normal mundane ammunition?
    Yes, the benefits of animus ammunition apply only when actually using animus ammunition. If you're loading alchemical cartridges, you need a free hand or some other way to do it hands-free.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Pixie in the Playground

PoW, Pathfinder Unchained

Does an Unchained Monk's Unarmed Strike/Flurry of Blows attacks count as Two-Weapon Fighting for the purposes of Thrashing Dragon Discipline maneuvers/benefits/effects?

Unarmed Strike states that such attacks are never considered off-hand, while Thrashing Dragon state that certain maneuvers/benefits/effects are only available while the Initiator is Two-Weapon Fighting, and I wasn't sure if the "never off-hand" clause meant it wasn't considered Two-Weapon Fighting, and therefore ineligible for interactions?

28. - Top - End - #988

Quote Originally Posted by draco2489 View Post

Does an Unchained Monk's Unarmed Strike/Flurry of Blows attacks count as Two-Weapon Fighting for the purposes of Thrashing Dragon Discipline maneuvers/benefits/effects?

Unarmed Strike states that such attacks are never considered off-hand, while Thrashing Dragon state that certain maneuvers/benefits/effects are only available while the Initiator is Two-Weapon Fighting, and I wasn't sure if the "never off-hand" clause meant it wasn't considered Two-Weapon Fighting, and therefore ineligible for interactions?
    No. Flurry is a completely separate and mutually exclusive to TWF. Flurry(for unchained monks) is a variant full-attack option, similar and incompatible with TWF. Flurry will not allow you to qualify as having used TWF, or being able to do so.

However, most thrashing dragon maneuvers don't actually require TWF. Often, there's a "use TWF if you want to" clause, not a requirement, that informs you that you take normal penalties if you decide to do so. You can even flurry on full-attack granting strikes, which is pretty sweet.

So no to your question, yes to your idea of thrashing dragon working on a monk.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by exelsisxax View Post
    So no to your question, yes to your idea of thrashing dragon working on a monk.
    Awesome. Thanks!!

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by draco2489 View Post

RAW, the un-monk's FoB is not TWF, and cannot be made during the same full attack as TWF. Hence, FoB has no interaction with any maneuvers that grant benefits dependent on TWF. This has nothing to do with whether additional attacks granted by FoB or TWF are treated as off-hand or not.

However, the benefits of the Unarmed Strike feature isn't limited to FoB, and hence it still applies when using TWF instead of FoB. So if an un-monk (or regular monk) who has TWF makes a Thrashing Dragon maneuver dependent on TWF using unarmed strikes, their off-hand attacks wouldn't have reduced damage.

Edit: Horribly easily stalker:ed by exelsisxax due to leaving in the middle of posting. Well, at least I could provide a little bit of additional info in there. /Edit
    Last edited by upho; 2017-09-15 at 04:41 PM.