New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Banned

Default Re: Dark Matter scyfy series

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    Yeah, I did sort of think about that. Though the circumstances are somewhat different; in SG, the "good guys" were standing by with a fleet ready to face the Ori.
    The imagery was certainly similar, but other than that I had an entirely different reaction. In SG-1, there was a buildup--everyone knew exactly what would happen, the good guys were there to stop it, and if that failed, resist.

The Dark Matter episode was more of a shock. It wasn't entirely out of nowhere, but from the time that the alien first revealed itself, I had a few plausible guesses for what their endgame might be, and it wasn't until the end that I was sure they were trying to open the gate and not, for example, trying to get a couple of threats to eliminate each other.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Feels more like the Unbidden from Stellaris than anything else to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Damn it.

http://www.tv-eh.com/2017/09/01/dark...pace-and-syfy/

And Killjoys gets another two seasons. Insult added to injury.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-09-01 at 04:57 PM.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, from what I read, Killjoys is being cancelled, too. They were just given a two season grace period to wrap things up first (which is still far more than Dark Matter was given).

Damn, I'm really bummed about this. I wonder what the odds are another network might pick it up? The show is already on Netflix, so...it's possible they might do so, right?

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Actually, from what I read, Killjoys is being cancelled, too. They were just given a two season grace period to wrap things up first (which is still far more than Dark Matter was given).
    I have no clue what's happening on Killjoys - something about Dutch having an evil twin? But five seasons seems like ample time to wrap everything up.

I'd gladly take an extra two seasons for Dark Matter. The plan was always to do five seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM
    Damn, I'm really bummed about this. I wonder what the odds are another network might pick it up? The show is already on Netflix, so...it's possible they might do so, right?
    That's the hope - Season 3 comes to Netflix on Sept. 25 - but I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-09-02 at 02:10 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post

Dark Matter was a fun little show, but I have trouble imagining its passing inspiring the sort of fan outcry needed to resurrect a cancelled show from death. Still, while it is unlikely to continue in its current form, I would not surprised it it jumped to another medium. So, maybe the story will continue on in as a series of paperback or comic books. Both IDW and Dark Horse have been known to make comic book series out of cancelled TV shows, and I would think Dark Matter would be a good candidate for this treatment.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Ironically, DM was based on a comic book.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-09-02 at 05:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

I have no clue what's happening on Killjoys - something about Dutch having an evil twin? But five seasons seems like ample time to wrap everything up.

I'd gladly take an extra two seasons for Dark Matter. The plan was always to do five seasons.
    I would have preferred them to give Dark Matter another year to wrap up, similar to how they gave Continuum 6 episodes to wrap up; the ratings on Dark Matter didn't seem too bad and comparable to Killjoys.

And yeah, the plot for Killjoys got a little convoluted from the initial premise (bounty hunters gallivant around the galaxy).

Edit: Aha, so, Dark Matter is an acquisition, not an in-house production like Killjoys is. Hence the cancellation. They apparently tried their darndest to stay on the air.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...k-matter-fans/
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-09-02 at 10:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ironically, DM was based on a comic book.
    I didn't know that. How closely has DM been following the comic book upon which it was based? Is what happens after the events of Season 3 already out there in comic book form?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Ranxerox View Post
    I didn't know that. How closely has DM been following the comic book upon which it was based? Is what happens after the events of Season 3 already out there in comic book form?
    Not particularly, and no. I should clarify it was a graphic novel, the equivalent of four issues.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-09-03 at 12:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Not sure how much stock any of you put into petitions, but I thought I'd throw this up here anyway, in case anyone is interested. There is a petition going to get the show renewed for a fourth season. As of the writing of this post, it is currently at around 36.2k signatures.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

So, season 3 of the show is on Netflicks now.

I need to know, was there any Nudity/Sex, because if there was not, I can watch the season on slow nights at work. Ironically like I'm having one of right now.
    "I Burn!"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    So, season 3 of the show is on Netflicks now.

I need to know, was there any Nudity/Sex, because if there was not, I can watch the season on slow nights at work. Ironically like I'm having one of right now.
    Nope, not that I can remember; it should be safe for work.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

BTW, in case anyone was hoping for the series to be picked up by Netflix or another network, all of those efforts have failed. Dark Matter is dead. It might one day continue as a comic, but the show is no more.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...-2017-the-end/
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

I was enraged to hear that syfy cancelled this one. Dark Matter has been my go to science fiction show since season one came out on netflix. We had engaging characters, an entertaining setting and an actual plot, no make it up as we go nonsense ala battle star galactica or X-files. Of course right as we hit the mid point cliffhanger in the narrative the network pulls the plug.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

I'm up to episode 9. I was going to ask about skipping it since I don't care for Time Travel stuff in general (Though I will concede that the "All The Time In The World." Episode was freaking hilarious!!!!! XD!!!), but yeah, if this is all there is........

Well, only idea I can think of is keep rewatching it and keep bugging the creators about it online and at Con's, and keep buying anything related too it you can, and share it around. Worked for Young Justice. Might work here too.
    "I Burn!"