New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Good Friends, Great Axes IC

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "Touched as in stupid. And he gave us a job, I dunno what he is. We go where there money in it. Went."

Spoiler: Don't peek
    Show
    Opposed Bluff w/o modifiers: (1d20+12)[14]

Spoiler: Terrach
    Show
    You get the sense that he is not telling the entire truth. He isn't lying about his opinion on Daisy's intelligence, but he knows more than he is saying about her brother. He seems very eager for you to explore the cave.
    Daisy kept her face carefully smooth and pleasant, but brought out her axe and started wiping it clean. "You know, I threw this at someone today," she said conversationally. "And before that, I once hit a guy so hard he exploded. And a wolf, but I feel kind of bad about that." Her smile died as she looked at the miner. "None of them said anything about my brother. If there's something you aren't telling me, especially something about River, I swear I will hit you with this axe until I can spread you on my toast tomorrow morning." She looked him over, and gave a grin. "I bet you'd taste even better than that wolf."

Spoiler: Intimdate
    Show

(1d20+12)[14]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SirCatBeard View Post
    Well, we all know she is stupid, but that's not important right now. But I should warn you that this Daisy-kin is likely just as stupid, and that makes him just as dangerous and unpredictable. Are you sure your master has him under control? How are you containing him?

Terrach glances from the miner to Daisy and back. Oh, by the way, I should mention, for your own safety, that she may be stupid, but she also gets very...hm..."grumpy", when people may have hurt her stupid Daisy-kin.
    The man stared at Terrach and began to laugh. "Go in and find out how in control he is."

Quote Originally Posted by Maester Rickert View Post
    "Yeas, please. Tell us what you can about this Aboleth. And how did it come to live in this mine? It didn't use to, the flooding has been recent. What does it want here?"
    "Dunno. I just came here meaning to rob these suckers, got paid more to do this gig. Simple math, those quiet ones you killed, they were here before. Probably had some answers." He pointed with his to where the slain skulks lay, the blood starting to soak into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Daisy kept her face carefully smooth and pleasant, but brought out her axe and started wiping it clean. "You know, I threw this at someone today," she said conversationally. "And before that, I once hit a guy so hard he exploded. And a wolf, but I feel kind of bad about that." Her smile died as she looked at the miner. "None of them said anything about my brother. If there's something you aren't telling me, especially something about River, I swear I will hit you with this axe until I can spread you on my toast tomorrow morning." She looked him over, and gave a grin. "I bet you'd taste even better than that wolf."
    The man pushed back against the wall of the mine, distancing himself from Daisy. "Look the fool's alive. Don't know more than that. All my orders were to widen the mouth here, that's it. Don't know why or what is doing the telling. The pale freaks were the only ones going in the back, them and the dullards there. I stayed this side, 'cept when going deeper."
    Spoiler: No Peaking
    Show
    No modifiers: (1d20)[7]
    Last edited by Athedia; 2015-09-06 at 10:36 PM.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Braxton, currently tending to both miners now that Daisy left the one to go intimidating, glances at the conscious miner. "So you've stayed on this side expect when 'going deeper.' So you have been in the mine, then? So you say you can't tell us anymore about what this Aboleth wants, but perhaps you can give us some information regarding the layout of the mine. Bear in mind that any cooperation can help us look past the fact that you attacked us and who knows who else."

Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    (1d20+8)[13]

Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+8)[24]
    I don't know if this roll makes is redundant given Daisy's apparent intimidation success, but it feels like it fits with the dialogue.

Spoiler: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Show
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ \\('0')// ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES!
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Table Flipper View Post
    Braxton, currently tending to both miners now that Daisy left the one to go intimidating, glances at the conscious miner. "So you've stayed on this side except when 'going deeper.' So you have been in the mine, then? So you say you can't tell us anymore about what this Aboleth wants, but perhaps you can give us some information regarding the layout of the mine. Bear in mind that any cooperation can help us look past the fact that you attacked us and who knows who else."
    "Somewhat yeah. Mine dips lower later on. Used to be some tunnels down there or something, but they all blocked. Before I got here at least. Some store rooms before the dip, gang and I slept there. Freaks and idiots on the other side of the dip. If they slept at all. Didn't really explore the rooms beyond sleep. Couple bags of dust, guess miners are all like those louts. Won't have got a good haul here anyway. And the freaks stored some stuff in a back room, but we weren't 'lowed back there. Dunno other than that." As the man spoke he edged behind Braxton and further from Daisy. As people moved he attempted to keep the paladin between the half-orc and himself. "So uh... don't let her kill me. Told you what I know here."

As he speaks, those holding down the miners see the beginning of bubbles start to appear.

5. - Top - End - #155

"Somewhat yeah. Mine dips lower later on. Used to be some tunnels down there or something, but they all blocked. Before I got here at least. Some store rooms before the dip, gang and I slept there. Freaks and idiots on the other side of the dip. If they slept at all. Didn't really explore the rooms beyond sleep. Couple bags of dust, guess miners are all like those louts. Won't have got a good haul here anyway. And the freaks stored some stuff in a back room, but we weren't 'lowed back there. Dunno other than that." As the man spoke he edged behind Braxton and further from Daisy. As people moved he attempted to keep the paladin between the half-orc and himself. "So uh... don't let her kill me. Told you what I know here."

As he speaks, those holding down the miners see the beginning of bubbles start to appear.
    "Thank you fo..." Braxton's response is cut off as he sees the bubbles forming around the miners. Cautiously, he pulls the miners heads above the water so that they can breath air, but checks to make sure that they really are starting to need air, and that the bubbles were not from something else.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

6. - Top - End - #156

The miners are breathing air peacefully again, eyes still closed in unconsciousness.

7. - Top - End - #157

The man stared at Terrach and began to laugh. "Go in and find out how in control he is."

"Dunno. I just came here meaning to rob these suckers, got paid more to do this gig. Simple math, those quiet ones you killed, they were here before. Probably had some answers." He pointed with his to where the slain skulks lay, the blood starting to soak into the ground.

The man pushed back against the wall of the mine, distancing himself from Daisy. "Look the fool's alive. Don't know more than that. All my orders were to widen the mouth here, that's it. Don't know why or what is doing the telling. The pale freaks were the only ones going in the back, them and the dullards there. I stayed this side, 'cept when going deeper."
    Spoiler: No Peaking
    Show
    No modifiers: [roll0]
    Okay, so you aren't a complete idiot; that one is somewhat frightening. Terrach is mildly pleased to see the man who laughed at him cower from Daisy. Turning to the party: So, now we know where we are going, thanks Braxton. He said they were widening the entrance; sounds like that means something big, like an Aboleth, wants to get out, and that doesn't sound like a good thing. I doubt these "dullards" will be of much help unless we can restore their minds. I say we just get going, now that everyone is breathing again and we have some idea of the layout inside. Terrach says, as he secures his new belt.
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2015-09-14 at 09:44 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, so you aren't a complete idiot; that one is somewhat frightening. Terrach is mildly pleased to see the man who laughed at him cower from Daisy. Turning to the party: So, now we know where we are going, thanks Braxton. He said they were widening the entrance; sounds like that means something big, like an Aboleth, wants to get out, and that doesn't sound like a good thing. I doubt these "dullards" will be of much help unless we can restore their minds. I say we just get going, now that everyone is breathing again and we have some idea of the layout inside. Terrach says, as he secures his new belt.

Daisy smiled pleasantly at the miner and Braxton while she carefully stowed away her axe. "Thank you very much! I knew we could all get along!"
    She looked around at Terrach gleefully. "Let's go! I wan't to hurry and rescue River before dinner- he gets grumpy when he hasn't eaten. It doesn't matter how awful this Abby is, we can just hit her a lot, and everything should be great!"

[/COLOR]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

"Yay, more dark tunnels with who-knows-what waiting for us!" Charlena exclaimed, half-sarcastically. "But, you know, what's a quest without the chance of death?"

10. - Top - End - #160

"I want to see what these other miners have to say, and we can't just leave them here unconscious anyway." Braxton says, a bit dismayed, though understanding, of the group's eagerness, especially Daisy's, to simply get moving with no regard for the prisoners. To speed things up, Braxton uses lay on hands on the other two miners, hoping to bring them back into consciousness.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Lay on Hands Miner 1: (2d6)[4]
    Lay on Hands Miner 2: (2d6)[9]
    Reminder to Self: 3/4 uses of LoH used today.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Listen, I'm as excited to beat up this overpowered squid as the next person said Izzy, Im mean, its gonna be awesome! we get to breath underwater and explore creepy henchmen infected caves, and maybe even get calamari when its all said and done and mph!What Izzy's trying to say Michelle said as she covered her summoners mouth with her hand, is that we shouldnt rush into the mine without first exploring every option and getting all the information we can. And right now that means we need to interrogate these miners.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, we've made it this far. And I for one should like to see this creature for myself."
    Eyvind walks over to the miners who Braxton has just healed. "Hello there! My name is Eyvind, and my friends and I are trying to get to the bottom of the goings-on in this mine. Now I understand you've just been enchanted by a monster for sometime, so don't rush yourself, but if you can tell us everything you can remember about what's down here, it'd be a big help!" He smiles, encouragingly.

Show
    [roll]1d20+4[/roll]
    Last edited by Maester Rickert; 2015-09-21 at 05:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

The bruises on both men healed and their breathing deepened. One of them opened it's eyes and started at Braxton and then Eyvind. A monotone voice emerged, slowly as if the speaker was sending sentences one at a time.

"Intelligent. You know about the enchantments. So I assume you know of me. These men will tell you nothing, not while I live. Leave now and tell your masters. This is my mine now."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

The bruises on both men healed and their breathing deepened. One of them opened it's eyes and started at Braxton and then Eyvind. A monotone voice emerged, slowly as if the speaker was sending sentences one at a time.

"Intelligent. You know about the enchantments. So I assume you know of me. These men will tell you nothing, not while I live. Leave now and tell your masters. This is my mine now."
    Eyvind's eyes widen. "Wow. Uh, so may I ask who I'm speaking to then?"

15. - Top - End - #165

The Aboleth, of course. Obviously. The question should be: What do you want with this place? Why are you even here? Terrach says to Eyvind and the Voice in the miner.

16. - Top - End - #166

The Aboleth, of course. Obviously. The question should be: What do you want with this place? Why are you even here? Terrach says to Eyvind and the Voice in the miner.
    The men didn't respond, the awake one staring out. His eyes had gone back to an unfocused haze and even Daisy could tell he wasn't going to answer any more questions.

The awake man started squirming away from the group, wrestling with his bonds. "Look, he's gonna kill you. Then he's gonna kill me. Or worse." He looked up at Braxton, pleading in his eyes. "Do whatever but let me go! My mother always said 'Erik, those folk, shiny armor folk. Go to them to help.' Well, leaving me to ****ing die isn't HELPING!!!"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The men didn't respond, the awake one staring out. His eyes had gone back to an unfocused haze and even Daisy could tell he wasn't going to answer any more questions.

The awake man started squirming away from the group, wrestling with his bonds. "Look, he's gonna kill you. Then he's gonna kill me. Or worse." He looked up at Braxton, pleading in his eyes. "Do whatever but let me go! My mother always said 'Erik, those folk, shiny armor folk. Go to them to help.' Well, leaving me to ****ing die isn't HELPING!!!"
    Daisy put one hand on her chin and stared at 'Erik' for a long moment. "Well, we could always just let him go back to town. Otherwise wolves might eat him while we're talking to Abby." She smiled broadly at the rest of the party. "Either way, we should probably get going before Abby boards herself up in a hole or something."

18. - Top - End - #168

Braxton kneels down and looks at the man firmly, but with no hostility, in the eye, We can let you go, but we need to help us just a little more. We need you to get these other miners, and yourself, I might add, to the safety of the refugee camp. Can you do that for us?

Show
    (1d20+8)[18]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daisy put one hand on her chin and stared at 'Erik' for a long moment. "Well, we could always just let him go back to town. Otherwise wolves might eat him while we're talking to Abby." She smiled broadly at the rest of the party. "Either way, we should probably get going before Abby boards herself up in a hole or something."
    "Agreed. We should be on our way. What do you say, Izzy?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Agreed. We should be on our way. What do you say, Izzy?"
    Hey, as long as they agree not to attack us, and seeing as they were mind controlled to being with, I say we let them leave and go kick some squid ass! she yelled, throwing a fist at they air.

21. - Top - End - #171

Braxton kneels down and looks at the man firmly, but with no hostility, in the eye, We can let you go, but we need to help us just a little more. We need you to get these other miners, and yourself, I might add, to the safety of the refugee camp. Can you do that for us?

Show
    [roll0]
    "And get hung on the spot? No thank you. Anyway all the village left, heard they are up at Walsley's castle. No way am I headed up there."

22. - Top - End - #172

"And get hung on the spot? No thank you. Anyway all the village left, heard they are up at Walsley's castle. No way am I headed up there."
    So he's not gonna help. Well, we have to deal with the Aboleth. I say we leave the two mind-controlled ones well tied up, maybe with some food, until we get back. I see no other way if this jerk won't help, even when a holy paladin makes a simple request. He wants our help, but doesn't care enough to repay us for Saving His Life, even after he tried to kill us. Terrach says, with particular emphasis on the holy and Good nature of Braxton and on the fact that we saved his stupid, little life.
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2015-10-01 at 04:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

So he's not gonna help. Well, we have to deal with the Aboleth. I say we leave the two mind-controlled ones well tied up, maybe with some food, until we get back. I see no other way if this jerk won't help, even when a holy paladin makes a simple request. He wants our help, but doesn't care enough to repay us for Saving His Life, even after he tried to kill us. Terrach says, with particular emphasis on the holy and Good nature of Braxton and on the fact that we saved his stupid, little life.
    "And where would he have stood if he had killed a defenseless man? Sending me off with those idiots is the same as if he took the sword and chopped my head off himself." The man stared Terrach down face frozen in contempt.

24. - Top - End - #174

"And where would he have stood if he had killed a defenseless man? Sending me off with those idiots is the same as if he took the sword and chopped my head off himself." The man stared Terrach down face frozen in contempt.
    I was referring to the Aboleth; how you say if we don't let you go he will kill you. And to saving you from the idiot girl with the axe. We choose to let you go, can give you assurance and documentation so Lord "Ballsey" won't hang you, and all we ask is that you take two chained up "idiots" to anyone else. Terrach stares right back, his stern gaze perhaps hindered by the cat in his beard trying to swat the guy from too far away.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I was referring to the Aboleth; how you say if we don't let you go he will kill you. And to saving you from the idiot girl with the axe. We choose to let you go, can give you assurance and documentation so Lord "Ballsey" won't hang you, and all we ask is that you take two chained up "idiots" to anyone else. Terrach stares right back, his stern gaze perhaps hindered by the cat in his beard trying to swat the guy from too far away.
    Daisy looked from Erik to Terrach for a moment, as if in deep thought. "He'll be fine," she finally proclaimed, hefting Terrach over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes and starting off towards the mine entrance. Of course, she was rather careful not to accidentally squish the cat.

Spoiler
    Show

Just so y'all know, I did get permission from both Athedia and Catbeard, as they felt the argument was going nowhere. This sort of shenanigan would probably not be okay if I had not asked first.

26. - Top - End - #176

Daisy looked from Erik to Terrach for a moment, as if in deep thought. "He'll be fine," she finally proclaimed, hefting Terrach over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes and starting off towards the mine entrance. Of course, she was rather careful not to accidentally squish the cat.

Spoiler
    Show

Just so y'all know, I did get permission from both Athedia and Catbeard, as they felt the argument was going nowhere. This sort of shenanigan would probably not be okay if I had not asked first.
    Terrach knees Daisy in the chest and jumps down, but continues towards the mine entrance, with a final angry look back at the guy, and one very angry look for Daisy.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Glad everything's sorted." Eyvind turns to Izzy, don'tscrewthisupdon'tscrewthisup.... and nods toward the mine entrance. "After you!"

28. - Top - End - #178

Terrach knees Daisy in the chest and jumps down, but continues towards the mine entrance, with a final angry look back at the guy, and one very angry look for Daisy.
    Braxton shakes his head with an amused smile at their antics, but then turns toward Erik and the others miners with a more serious look. Leaving the still-controlled miners is one thing, the Aboleth could cause them to hurt themselves, or cause more havoc (for the party or the refugees), otherwise. However, he couldn't leave Erik there defenseless, even if he didn't completely trust him.

Braxton walks over and releases Erik, giving him a day's worth of rations as well. "This should be enough to get you wherever you plan to go. I trust that you will keep your nose clean from here on out, correct?" said Braxton firmly.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

29. - Top - End - #179

Braxton shakes his head with an amused smile at their antics, but then turns toward Erik and the others miners with a more serious look. Leaving the still-controlled miners is one thing, the Aboleth could cause them to hurt themselves, or cause more havoc (for the party or the refugees), otherwise. However, he couldn't leave Erik there defenseless, even if he didn't completely trust him.

Braxton walks over and releases Erik, giving him a day's worth of rations as well. "This should be enough to get you wherever you plan to go. I trust that you will keep your nose clean from here on out, correct?" said Braxton firmly.
    Erik stood up rubbing at his wrists. He grabbed the rations and looked down the trail. "Sure. Whatever you say." He started down the path, edging around the pool of blood from one of the dead skulks. As he left Braxton could hear one last muttered sentence. "Weird freak. Nose blowing fetish or some ****."

Inside the Mine:

As the group ventures deeper into the mines, the path they are on grows narrower. Braxton, Charlena and Eyvind struggle to see where the water starts or even the pebbles under their feet. Izzy fairs slightly better, but she still misses the occasional rock as the light grows darker (it helps Michelle occasionally picks her up and moves her away from waters edge without a word to anyone). Daisy and Terrach are comfortable, their vision shifting to a black and white version of the world, as familiar to them as it is strange to the rest of the world. The two most visually adept leading the way they soon get far enough into the mine that the entrance is no longer visible. The narrow path is done, merging into an open doorway to the groups right. Deep below, under the water, a faint purple light is visible.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you insist Izzy said, flashing him a grin and bounding off.
    Last edited by OutOfCreativity; 2015-10-08 at 01:01 PM.