New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 17

1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 17

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Slave Tunnels}

As Vincent travels along, he encounters a few screens of random encounters and scattered chests filled with gold and potions. On the second screen Vincent's player, not necessarily Vincent himself, might notice a chest with no obvious path to it. Neither the screen before, nor the screen after show a path to the left that would allow him access to it either.
    Slave Tunnels

Huh. Well Vincent checks the various screens with detective vision just to make sure he's not missing anything. If he's not, Vincent just figures there's some future way to loop around and get it, and he'll keep going. He has no idea how big this complex is, nor whether it uses a lot of vertical spaces or teleporters. The latter seems unlikely, given the tech he's seen so far. I mean, the last thing giant spiders need is access to teleportation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Jail

Because I know what to look for.
    Jezebel tells Hekta. And as far as I can tell, you have no other choice, let alone offers, if you want to get out of here. I am only going to look, not touch.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Northside Streets]

A blonde woman wearing high-tech armor emerges from the MERC office, reading a small booklet. She looks up and around for a moment, then starts walking down the street, glancing down at her booklet, then back up, looking at various buildings. When she reaches the next intersection, she stops on the corner, and looks around, blinking, then back down at her booklet. She decides on a direction, and heads down the next street, working her way slowly towards Malechenar Castle. She's humming quietly to herself as she walks, glancing down at her booklet every so often, her stride keeping in time with the beat in her head.

((Open scene))
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Town Hall]

"Why has no one mentioned this the entire time we've been here?! Get me a map. And a phone. To the-they? Is this in the southern zone? Go get the commissioner! Yes, I'm sure he's busy, this is important."

A few moments later the building's lights flare brightly and then go out as the circuit breaker is tripped.
    "Ugh. Clear my schedule. You, come on. We're going on a tour, in person."

A couple people pile into a polished little official car and head on a drive over to the
    [Lotus Gardens]

where they park on the city side of the clear magical line dividing this district from the rest of the city. Out steps the mayor (one level down in serious dress: not wearing a tie today) and one auxiliary policeman serving as a bodyguard.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Northside - Group 3]

"Tep, wasn't it?" comes the small exclamation from beside the demon lord. His lady-comrade is peering about, great broad brim of her hat turning like a plate. "Do you smell that, dear heart?"

Eschelle will move toward the source of the smoky smell, if she can. If she can discern a direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Group 2]

"Of course. Let's not dally then." Vax heads the way to the park. They move to its center before they stop. "Start to set up, won't you, darling? I'll contact Sticks so he can walk us through the finer details." She'll do that as soon as Zhareen is off to do that, presumably with some aide from their muscle if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Group 3

Tep nods, finishing the sigil he's laying down on the floor.
    "Indeed I do. But stand fast; let's not react to it until we can discern what exactly it is that's going on. I can imagine it trying to make illusory fire to panic people here." he muses.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Eastside Jail

Because I know what to look for.
    Jezebel tells Hekta. And as far as I can tell, you have no other choice, let alone offers, if you want to get out of here. I am only going to look, not touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Northside Streets]

A blonde woman wearing high-tech armor emerges from the MERC office, reading a small booklet. She looks up and around for a moment, then starts walking down the street, glancing down at her booklet, then back up, looking at various buildings. When she reaches the next intersection, she stops on the corner, and looks around, blinking, then back down at her booklet. She decides on a direction, and heads down the next street, working her way slowly towards Malechenar Castle. She's humming quietly to herself as she walks, glancing down at her booklet every so often, her stride keeping in time with the beat in her head.

((Open scene))
    [Northside - Group 3]

"You want us to investigate it?" The guard captain asks, having left his men to deal with the last hoodlums. The smell is getting stronger, it seems to have spread throughout the entire building. Even the hoodlums have started to notice it considering how one of them is covering her mouth.

[Northside Streets]

As she makes her way towards the castle she is stopped by a patrol of Malechenar guards. They can be recognized by their face-concealing skull masks. It looks like someone didn't read the evil-overlord list of things not to do. They are regal and imperial in appearance otherwise however and the word is that they actually aren't all that bad.
    "Please identify yourself, miss. Your gear appears to be military-grade." The captain of the patrol commands.

Eastside Jail

The demon shoots mental spikes of rage at Jezebel (figuratively, but less figuratively than usual as Jezebel can actually sense them) yet she let's her inside. The details of what she finds out can be discussed over chat.

[Group 2]

"Of course, Vaxus." Zhareen replies before slithering over to the ritual spot to prepare with the help of the guardsmen.

6. - Top - End - #756

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Group 2]

Zhareen grins. "Of course. We should almost be there shouldn't we love?" She gestures ahead at moth park

[Light's Heart]

They can slice through the walls with some effort but cutting through stone still cause a lot of noise and the observes below soon turn to look up. This is followed by shouting but thankfully they have managed to squeeze inside the window by that time. They're now inside a hallway that is well-lit by torches attached to the walls. The corridors lead left and right. Left seem to lead downwards, right upwards.

[Northside - Group 3]

The guard captain nods and they head out to kick out the hoodlums and the shopkeepers despite their protests. But as they argue the group might smell something. Is that... smoke? It certainly smells like it.

Eastside Jail

Why do you need to check my memories? The demon asks suspiciously. I told you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "Sorry Zefir."

El Cuervo didn't mean to make that much noise.

"So where is...the target?"

[Light's Heart]

"I didn't got the exact informations." Zefir says. "We should go up first. If anyone saw us we will run into them if we go down."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #757

NinjaGuy

[Northside Streets]

The woman looks down into her booklet, then back up at the captain of the patrol as the guards stop her. She seems a bit concerned, but not really surprised.

"Hmmm, good eye, captain. My name is Electra, though you probably don't have me in your database. I just arrived recently, and took a licensee contract with MERC to help with security. I was instructed to familiarize myself with the city, so I am trying to calibrate my internal nav systems with the maps they gave me." She gestures to the booklet she's holding, still open. If the captain looks, he can see she has the page open to a map of Northside. "I didn't think I had wandered into a restricted area, though I was trying to reach the outer castle gate, as it's probably the most prominent landmark that I could use to get a GPS lock on. I can show you my MERC license, if that will help. It's in my left gauntlet, if you don't mind me reaching for it." She makes no move to do so until he gives permission, watching him and the other guards carefully. Upsetting them before her job even starts is the last thing she wants to do.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #758

[Northside Streets]

The guards do look rather cautious judging by their uneasy movements. They look like they could draw their weapons at any second. She captain calmly gestures for her to show her license and nods though. "Go ahead. Just want to make sure. There are all sort of strange creatures wandering around the town, dangerous too." He pauses. "You new in MERC?"

[Light's Heart]

They will have some more time to act as people below still appear confused about what just happened.

9. - Top - End - #759

Light's Heart

"Up it is...then."

El Cuervo starts hopping as quick as it can though the right corridors.

"Any details on...what we are...looking for?"

10. - Top - End - #760
    Halfling in the Playground

[Group 3]

Eschelle looks first at the guard, then Tep, and her eyes narrow. She's certainly held fast, as suggested. The eye of hers that isn't hidden by a curtain of pink hair glows suspiciously."...No. Don't go. It would like very much, I think, if we were to split apart. Just get the rest of those people out of here, brave heart, quick as you can and not a pace slower."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #761

NinjaGuy

[Northside Streets]

Electra nods, and reaches slowly into her left gauntlet, pulling the card out and handing it to the captain in a slow, deliberate manner. His men seem on edge, and she doesn't want to alarm them.

"Indeed, I'm new to MERC, Riverside, and whatever the name of this dimension is...Nexus, I guess it would be, from what I've overheard." She keeps her eyes on him, her voice and face calm. "You mentioned dangerous creatures before. Anything I should be watching out for while I get my bearings?"

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Jail

Jezebel dodges the haphazard attack against her psyche and looks through Hekta's memories quickly and painlessly. Once she's done, Hekta will feel the touch against her mind drawing back. I'll get you out of here soon. One way or another. I swear it. You can relax now. She says before vanishing.

Gardens

The line separating the Gardens and the rest of Eastside is rather clear-cut, oddly enough. The ground and buildings themselves seems to simply transform, turning from brick and mortal construction to buildings seemingly made of solid marble and roads paved with colored stones to form intricate and subtle patterns in their surfaces. There are a variety of smaller shops lining the sidewalks, selling pastries or artwork or have their doors open to draw in patrols for ales. In the middle of the street however is a sign blocking the car's path stating that no vehicles were allowed beyond that point unless they were for purposes of freight.

Even the air itself seems different beyond the line into the Gardens. The air is heavily scented with spice and flowers and feels just warm enough to make a jacket uncomfortable. Off in the distance the mayor and guard will see a large park filled with flowering trees, all neatly trimmed to the height where most people could walk beneath their heavily-laden boughs. The streets and sidewalks are decently populated with men and women of all ages and races, with the vast majority of them wearing good clothing and cheerful smiles. Every so often however, a guard stands silently watching or patrols back and forth, marked by their full black pants and tunic and the white masks kept on their belts. Most of them carry some form of rifle or pistol openly in holsters as well as either a staff or a blade. "Can we help you, Mr. Mayor?" The closest guard to the border asks with a polite half-bow.

13. - Top - End - #763

Default [Gardens]

Not even permitting most vehicles by. The district instantly becomes quaint and adorable. It's a good thing they parked on the other side of the line. The mayor is fidgeting with the collar of his clothes. Uncomfortable weather, though. He looks off towards the center of the district, unfocused. If there's any magic making the gardens the way they are (And he feels that there must be - look at that line) its nature and function should become obvious to him.

He gives a nod to the guard (bowing? who bows?).
    "I thought I might see this part of the city for myself. If there is someone in charge here, it would be helpful to speak with them."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sith Army (Formal Name Pending) - Pre-Invasion]

A spacious, camouflaged pavilion has been erected in the middle of a grassy field. It is surrounded by several dozen serviceable tents of various shapes and sizes. Soldiers clad in black stormtrooper armor armed with blaster rifle variants dutifully patrol the campsite as the sun prepares to peek over the horizon.

Within the pavilion are a number of cushioned, black, leather chairs sliced out of the tarnished metal husks littering the badlands and repurposed for general use. These chairs have been neatly positioned about a modular wooden table overflowing with maps, reports, and deactivated datapads. Much of this mission-critical paperwork has been unceremonious dumped onto the floor and piled in a corner of the pavilion opposite Darth Manac's no longer inflated mattress (which has been rolled up and set aside along with Darth Manac's few possessions) to make space for her and her generals. In the center of the table rests a projector that has clearly seen better days, five large thermoses of coffee, a small container of sweeteners and cream, a plate of warm biscuits (cookies), and a battery-powered laser pointer. A screen has been set up at one end of the table. Darth Manac stands quietly beside the screen, rereading one of the reports she was sent the day before while she waits for the other generals to arrive.

As the other generals proceed through the camp to their destination, they will be saluted by every trooper they encounter. The troopers salute the generals by snapping to attention, immediately clapping a closed fist over the place where their hearts should be, and silently waiting for the generals to pass.

Darth Manac is dressed to kill (literally); she wears iconic solid black sith robes with a lightsaber and three pistols (a black blaster pistol, an 50 caliber pistol loaded with armor piercing rounds, and a flechette pistol) holstered at her side via a black utility belt of sorts. Her golden locks have been cut short, and her icy blue eyes coldly - almost mechanically - flit over the information in the report. Her crimson lips part as she discards the datapad upon the table and yawns and stretches. Despite her unnaturally wan skin, she's still aesthetically the buxom lass the Dalachrechians purchased from Fallow's a lifetime ago, but that's where the similarities between this woman and the little slave cowering in a cage begin and end.

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Northside Streets]

Electra nods, and reaches slowly into her left gauntlet, pulling the card out and handing it to the captain in a slow, deliberate manner. His men seem on edge, and she doesn't want to alarm them.

"Indeed, I'm new to MERC, Riverside, and whatever the name of this dimension is...Nexus, I guess it would be, from what I've overheard." She keeps her eyes on him, her voice and face calm. "You mentioned dangerous creatures before. Anything I should be watching out for while I get my bearings?"
    [Northside Streets]

"Hmph, everything. Last I heard it was demons and ghosts but it might be giants and dim tomorrow. We even have one of them working for us now." He shakes his head. "Probably means nothing to you though... miss. I should inform you that the lords don't want mercenaries wandering around in the castle or below it. You'll only get in there with an invitation."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"The one in charge would be me."
    Lady Jezebel Tel'Vree says as she slips through a portal of golden light to stand next to her guard. She greets the mayor and his bodyguard with a deep bow of respect. "It is a pleasure to have you come and I imagine we have much to talk about." She admits. The Goddess of the Lotus Gardens is dressed in a white dress of seemingly simple design, like a Toga's, and her raven hair is cut to her shoulders. She stands tall, over six and a half feet in height, and carries with her just a white cloak draped around her shoulders.

As for the magic of the Lotus Gardens, there is quite a bit in the air. All of it seems divinely sourced and wells forth from the church in the middle of the park in gentle waves. The first is a transmutative spell that changes basic construction materials to a divinely reinforced marble with changes to architecture as well. It is a slow spell, taking weeks or months to actually change something, but it is the result of the appearance of the area.

The next enchantment over the area is also rather simple, but large. It helps control the climate of the location, keeping it usually to spring or fall temperatures with shorter summers and winters to help promote the flower blooms and to make it more comfortable for everyone.

Beneath those enchantments, there are two others that are far more advanced and complex. The first is one that stops the spread of disease and illnesses of all types and even reverses them if given enough time to work. Anything from acne to cancer is stopped, reversed, and completely removed. The second one is another transformative one, this time geared towards the people themselves. It removes congenital defects, physical abnormalities that hamper peoples' lives, and then seeks to slowly change them to their own mental ideals of what they should look like. It is a subtle but powerful effect that takes months of make significant progress, but should a human man see themselves as and wishes to become something even as extreme as an elven woman, the change would happen.

All it needs is time.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2016-03-22 at 08:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767

NinjaGuy

[Northside Streets]

Electra nods as the captain explains. Her expression doesn't shift as he confirms what she already assumed. She shrugs ever so slightly.

"I guess I'll just watch out for anyone acting suspicious, then. Anyways, thanks for the heads up about the restricted area, sir. I didn't figure they would let anyone into the castle uninvited, and I'm not terribly interested in going into or under it anyways, I just want to stand at this gate for a couple of minutes, as long as that's okay." She points it out on her map as she goes on. "I'm in the correct area, aren't I?" The gate she points to is one of the gates that separates the castle and its grounds from the rest of the city proper. It's several blocks away yet.

18. - Top - End - #768

Light's Heart

"Treasures" Zefir says. "Gold, Gems and other valnuable stuff. I also assume some magic items, since that would be quiet fitting."

He also heads the right way, because the right way is allways the right one. (bad Joke)
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #769

Default [Toy's Army - Pre-invasion]

Several other tents, more uniform in appearance (well-maintained A-frames), stand near the edge of the camp. The security of the place is left to the stormtroopers though; you won't see them out on patrol.

Look at those salutes. My, but they are taking this seriously.

Another general slips into the pavilion and falls into a chair. The temperature in the room drops a few degrees. Takes a deep breath over the thermos and then pushes it away. Those biscuits though...best grab a few of them before they grow cold.

"You really gave them that silly armor. And in all black. Guess it's traditional? Anyway, has the situation changed from what we expected?"

Skye is dressed for the battle. She's traded out her normal brightly colored robes for different bright red robes cut to have body armor underneath them, and most of her pale brown hair is hidden by an (open-faced) helmet. A standard blaster pistol on one hip, and way over on its opposite, a curious handle of ornamented bone. Hazel eye dance over the remaining reports, seeking out the maps.

"When do we move in?"

[Lotus Gardens]

The mayor is a bit distracted, shocked at the scope of the enchantments on the garden. (half aesthetic, half actually helpful) But I imagine golden portals and Jezebel both have a way of grabbing one's attention. The mayor gives her a nod, and offers a hand to shake. "A pleasure to meet you." He's smiling, both to be polite and to see someone as tall as he is.
    "I believe we do. There is much I wish to know about your district, and to say about the city whole."
    There's barely a sign of his nervousness here, and perhaps you could play that off as being overdressed for the flower-encouraging weather. Why is this place? Are they going to make it out of here?

"Somewhere else than the side of the road?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-03-23 at 11:29 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #770

Light's Heart

Zefir heads right then and up an rather wide spiral staircase which leaks into a large barrack-like hall with large beds on either side. At the other end of the hall is a huge glass window that can't be seen from the outside. But what is more important is the fact that there are people in the hall. Namely a furry humanoid man and a woman clad in only a few pieces of armor. They both stare at them in surprise for a moment before the furry guy in a flash has a short-sword in his hand. "Don't move." He hisses at them.
    They seemed to walked right into the paladins's living quarters.

[Northside Streets]

"Why would you want that exactly?" The captain asks, suddenly sounding suspicious.

21. - Top - End - #771

Light's Heart

El Cuervo looks at the pair of paladins, yellow eyes without any hint of emotions.

"I think we...shall be moving...on. Any advice...sir?"

Its been a while since El Cuervo was in an actual fight, so it doesn't make the next hostile move in this confrontation.

22. - Top - End - #772

NinjaGuy

[Northside Streets]

"Because, sir," Electra explains calmly, "My internal navigation systems need to be re-calibrated. GPS works, but my internal map is wrong; according to it, I should be somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I have a new map, based on the booklet I was given," she holds it up slightly for emphasis, "But I need a way to connect the two. I already tried syncing based on the intersection of two streets, but my internal system is still about half a block off. It thinks I'm standing at that street corner over there." She gestures with her head behind her to the previous intersection in the direction she came from, indeed about half a block behind her. As she moves her head, the captain can catch a glimpse of the rounded domes of her auditory sensors, previously hidden by her hair. From what she's been saying, coupled with this, obviously she's either not entirely human, or some sort of android. She gives a long-suffering sigh.

"You know how it is with technology sometimes, it doesn't always work the way the designer intended? That's the trouble I'm having. Ever since they upgraded me to this new nav module, I've been having trouble with the subroutines. If I calibrate from a large enough landmark on a given map, and put the thing in absolute mode, it works the way it's supposed to. I realize it's a strange, and probably suspicious thing to want to do, but unfortunately, that's the limitation I'm stuck with right now. Heck, if it would make you feel better about it, you and your men could accompany me there. Or if you have a better suggestion nearby, I'd be more than happy to take it, I just went with the most obvious place that I'm sure would work. I don't want to cause trouble; I really wish I could project my internal display as a hologram; it would be easier for me to show you what I'm dealing with, but unfortunately, that particular capability wasn't given to me."
    She sighs again, and shrugs in a resigned manner.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"Come. I'll take you to my favorite place. Your driver can come as well, just not the car."
    Jezebel says with a warm smile before nodding to her guard that she'd be fine. Afterwards she'll guide the mayor and his entourage about a block away to a small patisserie with comfortably cushioned wire chairs and tables. She gives a small wave through the front window and the owner inside gives a nod back as she prepares treats for them. Once she sits down, the natives appear to give them some wide berth out of common courtesy for privacy. "What is it that you'd like to speak of?"

24. - Top - End - #774

Default [Lotus Gardens]

Luckily the car is already left behind and they're not particularly attached to it. As long as it's still there, outside the gardens, when they get back.
    Look at all this. Metal chairs. Cushions! So decadent! Beautiful.
    The bodyguard spares much attention for the natives. Common courtesy for privacy? Not really so common. Or uncommon courtesy for Jezebel, or for strangers?

The mayor leans in a bit over the table.
    "Of why your place, your gardens are here. Of how we've moved up the edge of our support and patrols to the riverfront. Of those attempts to have a governing body for the whole city. Of your position in Riverside."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #775
    Pixie in the Playground

[Imperial Invasion: Southside - Jimmy's Life]

*Bzzt!* *Bzzt!* *Bzzt!*

It was a morning like any other. It was neither a holiday nor a weekend. Of this, Jimmy was aware. Jimmy was also aware of the time, even in his groggy state. It was time to crawl out of bed and drag himself to his thankless, eight hour shift at the local stop and shoot... I mean the local stop and shop. Jimmy's eyelids peeled open as the infernal alarm on his cell phone rang, relentlessly rang, unbearably rang until Jimmy could take its abuse no more! Like a sad, broken slinky, Jimmy's hand approached the discordant demon tormenting him in hellish, neon-blue glee and -

*Bzzt!* *Bzzt!* *Thump*

Peace and quiet reigned again. Jimmy sleepily rolled onto his side and serenely closed his eyes.

But the damage had been done. A minute later, Jimmy hauled his rotund figure out of bed. Wiping a layer of eye-crust from his eyelids, he shuffled into the bathroom, nearly tripping over his cat, Clover, who hatefully glared at him with sadistic yellow eyes from the third highest shelf on his bookcase for the remainder of the morning.

When Jimmy emerged from his bathroom, and emerge he did, the first thing that he noticed was that a number of his magazines and his plastic (thankfully) jar of spare change had been vengefully dumped upon the floor by his sadistic cat.

"Clover!" Jimmy boomed.

Clover, who was busying herself with an impromptu renovation of Jimmy's kitchen, paused for the briefest moment to look up at Jimmy just in time to see a bullet pierce Jimmy's cranium. This was not conducive to Jimmy's health and welfare or the health and welfare of Jimmy's new carpet. Jimmy fell to the floor with a thud.

Thus ended Jimmy's life.

-------
    [Imperial Invasion: Southside - 0640 - Channel 5 News]

"At six-thirty this morning, Imperial Stormtroopers under the command of one Darth Manac began their assault on the territory known as Southside. We have confirmed reports that Darth Manac's troops have met very little resistance thus far and are currently converging on Dalachrechian property. All citizens of Southside are urged to remain in their homes until the fighting dies down. We - "

"Hey! You're not supposed to be in here while we're - "

"Crrt!"

Static.
    -------
    [Imperial Invasion: Southside - 0642 - Imperial March]

Darth Manac, flanked by eight elite Stormtroopers armed with blaster rifles, two flamethrowers, two gatling lasers (the futuristic equivalents of a squad automatic weapons), and explosives, jog down the middle of an asphalt street toward Bugside. Darth Manac's red lightsaber has been ignited, but the number of Stormtroopers backing her up is far too small for this to be the main force assaulting Bugside. The rest of Darth Manac's forces are scattered throughout the city in squads of no less than ten soldiers subdivided into two fireteams. A handful of AT-STs have been spotted in Southside. These AT-STs are primarily supporting squads of Stormtroopers capturing and temporarily disabling any and all communications hubs distributed throughout Southside.

Aside from capturing communications hubs and relays, the Stormtroopers are preventing citizens from looting stores (shooting first and asking questions later in homage to Han Solo) and commanding citizens to stay in their homes or their places of work and await further instructions.

26. - Top - End - #776

[Northside Streets]

While their expressions are hidden underneath the masks, the guards silent stares suggests confusion. They're definitely not following what Electra is saying.
    But thankfully they never have to admit their ignorance as the captain appears to hear something.
    "Understood." He says to a person that isn't there before turning to face Electra again. "Excuse me miss, but duty calls. You should probably call MERC HQ, things are going down."

27. - Top - End - #777

NinjaGuy

[Northside Streets]

Electra blinks as the captains hands her license back to her and advises her to call MERC HQ. Obviously, it must be something urgent, and she decides not to press the matter, as MERC will probably have its own info on what's going on. She quickly stows it in her left gauntlet once again and nods.

"I'll do that. I can worry about the nav thing later. In fact, I think I'll head there while I call them. Be careful, gentlemen, I'd hate to hear that something bad had happened to such good soldiers." She offers a comradely smile, rolling her booklets up in her hand to make them easier to carry, before turning back towards the MERC office and breaking into a run, her blonde braid flapping behind her. As she moves, weaving around other pedestrians, she brings up the MERC office's number in her comm unit's contact list and calls them.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

{{Slave Tunnels}}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Huh. Well Vincent checks the various screens with detective vision just to make sure he's not missing anything. If he's not, Vincent just figures there's some future way to loop around and get it, and he'll keep going. He has no idea how big this complex is, nor whether it uses a lot of vertical spaces or teleporters. The latter seems unlikely, given the tech he's seen so far. I mean, the last thing giant spiders need is access to teleportation.
    On the screen after the seemingly unaccessable treasure box, Vincent will find a hidden wall and path that leads down and to the previous room. It's a silly jester's hat!! It says that it's part of a set. (If he tries it on, it does nothing special. Though, the stats don't go down or up. So that's not a bad thing. (It mimics the previous items stats, though not the effects.)

Once Vincent moves on and reaches the top of the next screen, a cutscene begins. It's short.

A couple young girls come screaming out from the next tunnel. One of them runs up to Vincent, pointing the way she came. "She's fighting them alone! You have to help her."

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

29. - Top - End - #779

[AMENside]

In the growing urban sprawl creeping, cautiously, up to it's edges. Among the coffee shops and blocky residential towers. Among every busy corner of Southside, AMENside is an ugly streak of empty space, walled off by its barricades.

Time to fix that.

A wisp of smoke rolling through the breeze collapses inwards. For a second, Adel hangs over AMEN, a thin figure in a fine blue suit, a midnight black longcoat and a matching witchy cap. His golden sceptre tucked into his arm. Then he drops, and lands upon the roof barefoot, the mere touch of him spreading his curse.
    In the blink of an eye, the whole complex Ilpholin built - the spider shaped bunker - should be made out of chocolate instead of steel. One good stomp shoulder take him through the walls and into the heart.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Group 3

Tep nods.
    "Indeed. These people are not prepared to deal with a demon's wrath. They shall only become its weapons. Or its shields. Or ours, but I do assume that it would not go over well with anyone involved." he says with a shrug of his wings. Always need to watch your PR when you've set up shop permanently somewhere.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]