New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Darths and Droids V: Thread IV Was Eaten By Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Spoiler: Why?
    Show
    Only no-name mooks go up against Vader on R1. Well, them and the main antagonist. The PCs have no contact with him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I suppose they could do an 'over the intercom' type thing where they hear screams and the sounds of battle without them actually knowing EXACTLY what is going on in it.

OTOH, I kinda liked my headcanon idea that Jim was playing the rebel who had the plans but was stopped by the frozen door and then got stabbed in the chest by Vader (tying in to the 'four character deaths in four sessions' bit). Doesn't quite work though.

There are teeny other things that might need to be massaged. They are on fourth session of this campaign, which simply means they need to be a little careful about how many sessions R1 takes place. Maybe.

I guess it can be a flashback to the beginning of the "A New Generation" campaign. It's just that there might be continuity issues if they aren't exceedingly careful.

Such is the inherent dangers of prequels, I suppose.

OTOH, if they actually some how set up a suicide ambush on 'Polis Massa' and all of the other things that Jim prattles on about* in that interrogation, that'd be pretty impressive.

* Which I presume was mocking the idea that there were three or so Legends stories about how the DS plans were stolen.

OTOOH, none of the presumed PCs on R1 ever does get a lightsaber, which makes me wonder what Jim was babbling about here. The presumption is that his last character did something really stupid with one, but again it might be massaged with the right dialogue.

To put it all another way, it's mostly curiosity to see how they connect a screencapped D&D Ep 4 that somewhat relied on the (contradictory) Legends stories about the DS plans for its initial backstory and the one we saw that MIGHT not match up visually.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be, I agree. And, I suppose we'll know if they at least tried, should we see 'Bria' instead of 'Jyn'.

(As an aside, it always amused me how many stories that Legends kept shoving into the same events, like the Death Star plan theft.)
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Rogue One was a prequel movie, Vader's identity wasn't a mystery for moviegoers at that point anymore. The Rogue One campaign is going to be a prequel campaign as well, the identity of Vader is no mystery to the players either. But that's ok, because Vader or his/her identity aren't in any way a focus point for the campaign.

So I don't really see why that would cause problems.

Also, why spoiler this?

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Also, why spoiler this?
    Because some people are doing the "Spoiler challenge" for R1 as well as TFA and might as well keep them happy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rogue One was a prequel movie, Vader's identity wasn't a mystery for moviegoers at that point anymore. The Rogue One campaign is going to be a prequel campaign as well, the identity of Vader is no mystery to the players either. But that's ok, because Vader or his/her identity aren't in any way a focus point for the campaign.

So I don't really see why that would cause problems.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, but that presumes it WILL be a prequel campaign, no? As opposed to the first three/four sessions of their E4 campaign that we didn't see (which STRONGLY implied was the theft of the Peace Moon plans).

Making it an actual prequel campaign after the one we just saw does make a bit of sense, as it avoids all of the troubles like PIE fighters getting their name in the main Peace Moon battle (they were called TIE fighters in the battle where the Falcon escapes but it was forgotten by the next session) and the X-wings getting their name here and perhaps a dozen other little things scattered throughout where it was presumed this was the first time the PCs saw all these things (like the Star Destroyer I mentioned in one of my other posts).

Even gives us a chance to have Ben and Corey (or new people) play folks as well.

Now WHY they're doing a prequel campaign, if they are, would be an interesting thing to speculate on.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, but that presumes it WILL be a prequel campaign, no? As opposed to the first three/four sessions of their E4 campaign that we didn't see (which STRONGLY implied was the theft of the Peace Moon plans).

Making it an actual prequel campaign after the one we just saw does make a bit of sense, as it avoids all of the troubles like PIE fighters getting their name in the main Peace Moon battle (they were called TIE fighters in the battle where the Falcon escapes but it was forgotten by the next session) and the X-wings getting their name here and perhaps a dozen other little things scattered throughout where it was presumed this was the first time the PCs saw all these things (like the Star Destroyer I mentioned in one of my other posts).

Even gives us a chance to have Ben and Corey (or new people) play folks as well.

Now WHY they're doing a prequel campaign, if they are, would be an interesting thing to speculate on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I totally forgot about that. Hmm, good point. Yes, will be interesting to see how they handle this.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    If this isn't an extended flashback I predict a riot as soon as the words "Peace Moon Plans" escape the GM's mouth. I would riot, anyway.

And then when we get to TFA and they realize what Starkiller Base is someone just...gets up and walks out the door.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You guys are assuming the events of R1 will even be set before Ep. IV in the first place, which we don't know. I mean, this is a webcomic that made Vader be Padmé and had the entire overarching plot be all about an artifact that doesn't exist at all in the movies (well, there's a completely inconsequential orb in a single short scene in Ep. 1). For all we know, the R1 comic will be set after Ep. VI, where the players try different characters for a change, the mission to Scarif is about something completely different (we don't quite see the Death Star in R1, do we?), and the Vader scenes are either a flashback or even some other character that recreated Vader's outfit for some reason. As for Tarkin, I dunno, but you get the idea... I think they'll surprise us with how they'll handle this.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SirKazum View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You guys are assuming the events of R1 will even be set before Ep. IV in the first place, which we don't know. I mean, this is a webcomic that made Vader be Padmé and had the entire overarching plot be all about an artifact that doesn't exist at all in the movies (well, there's a completely inconsequential orb in a single short scene in Ep. 1). For all we know, the R1 comic will be set after Ep. VI, where the players try different characters for a change, the mission to Scarif is about something completely different (we don't quite see the Death Star in R1, do we?), and the Vader scenes are either a flashback or even some other character that recreated Vader's outfit for some reason. As for Tarkin, I dunno, but you get the idea... I think they'll surprise us with how they'll handle this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The deathstar blows up that first city with the temple, it blows up Scarif, Vader may not play a major role in it, but Tarkin sure does. It's gonna be hard to put it after Ep VI. But they may pull it off. I guess we'll know in about 2 weeks time.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

I guess we'll know in about 2 weeks time.
    ...not quite.

From their site: "The last intermission strip will be published on Tuesday 13 June. Then there will be a 7-week break, and the first strip of Rogue One will appear on Tuesday 1 August. Please join us then for the next chapter of our story.

During the break, we will be debuting a new original webcomic, unrelated to Darths & Droids other than the fact that it is written and illustrated by two of us. The first episode of Eavesdropper will be published on Wednesday 14 June, the day after the last Darths intermission strip. We hope you will check it out, and hopefully enjoy it enough to follow it as well. "
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ah ok, didn't know that. Well, in 2 months then.

11. - Top - End - #1121

Man, this summer is just bound and determined to be boring as hell. No D&D until freaking August, man?

12. - Top - End - #1122

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The deathstar blows up that first city with the temple, it blows up Scarif(...)
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. Well, still nothing that they couldn't pull off with a little bit of misdirection and clever editing

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SirKazum View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. Well, still nothing that they couldn't pull off with a little bit of misdirection and clever editing
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Epileptic Tree is that the Death Star from R1 SOMEHOW gets turned into Starkiller Base.

My OTHER Epileptic Tree is that Starkiller Base is the Forest Moon of Endor (post-Endor Holocaust).
    Last edited by Porthos; 2017-06-07 at 01:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If this isn't an extended flashback I predict a riot as soon as the words "Peace Moon Plans" escape the GM's mouth. I would riot, anyway.

And then when we get to TFA and they realize what Starkiller Base is someone just...gets up and walks out the door.
    Spoiler: TFA
    Show
    Prediction: one of the players is behind Starkiller Base.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Show
    Prediction: one of the players is behind Starkiller Base.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ben? Must be Ben, right?

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Man, this summer is just bound and determined to be boring as hell. No D&D until freaking August, man?
    No D&D does suck. But you could use that time for other pursuits. Maybe a nice game of D&D?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

17. - Top - End - #1127

I gave up on trying to make that game work a couple editions ago. Maybe SpyCraft, if I can get enough people to give up on paintball for an evening.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ben? Must be Ben, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The obvious candidate is Pete...so it's definitely Ben, yeah.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The obvious candidate is Pete...so it's definitely Ben, yeah.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno, even if you factor in swerving away from the obvious, R2 doesn't do anything until AFTER Starkiller Base gets blown up, which would fit with him attempting to remote control/hack it like he wanted to do with the peace moons.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno, even if you factor in swerving away from the obvious, R2 doesn't do anything until AFTER Starkiller Base gets blown up, which would fit with him attempting to remote control/hack it like he wanted to do with the peace moons.
    Pete could be BB8 though, creating a munchkin duplicate of his old character for the new party.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Pete could be BB8 though, creating a munchkin duplicate of his old character for the new party.
    Plot twist: Pete made the character for someone else to play. Doubly amusing if all the characters were like this.

22. - Top - End - #1132

BlackDragon

I want to thank you all for spoilering that conversation.

... and, BBB8 -- the "cute robot with a rolling ball base" -- as Pete's next character? "I figured that being a little more charismatic might not be a bad idea, it lets me manipulate people much like I manipulate machines"?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

No GM notes?? Dang...
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

In case people were wondering about the title of the first 'intermission strip', it's a play on Carrie Fisher's famous semi-autobiographical novel (and later on, film): Postcards From the Edge
    Last edited by Porthos; 2017-06-09 at 09:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In case people were wondering about the title of the first 'intermission strip', it's a play on Carrie Fisher's famous semi-autobiographical novel (and later on, film): Postcards From the Edge
    I was wondering how it was a tribute to Carrie Fisher; it makes a lot more sense now.
    ithilanor on Steam.

26. - Top - End - #1136

RogueGuy

I almost wish this page was canonical, good buddy.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I am verklempt.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

28. - Top - End - #1138

RogueGuy

Thank you for all your hard work, Irregulars.

That is all.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Pixie in the Playground

You're welcome.

That is all.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Well, I guess with some more time on my hands I can try to get caught up with Irregular Webcomic again. Start with a full archive dive, I should be back, oh, Christmas.

Next year.