Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Beast: The Primordial ~ Nocturnes

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I got it from

...Unless that was continuing off the "vampire blood orgy" bit.

Rachel scratches her cheekbone while she considers.

"Well, it goes like this: I was born Rachel Hartley which is the name I use as a junior crime and political reporter at the Times of Midway. Thing is though I started moonlighting about a year and a half ago as an information broker, wanted to diversify, you know? And I needed an alias for that, and before long the alias became a full-fledged identity with documentation and history and everything. So now I'm effectively two different people."

"...That clear things up? Oh, right, I also naturally have black hair and blue eyes but you shouldn't exactly have trouble recognizing me on the street anyways, should you?"

She winks.

Show
    Yes, I am aware that there's at best a 40% chance that that's the part Taylor was talking about. In-character, though, it's the first thing Rachel's assuming she meant.
    So. Now what?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rachel pointedly ignores Erelim's question.

"Yeeeaaahh... Let's just forget all this happened. As a token of apology, I will pay the cost of connecting our Lairs as previously agreed upon. Matter of fact I suspect it's already possible given everything we've gone through together these past few hours."

The spider-woman concentrates for a moment, loosing power from the depths of her metaphysical belly to create the Burrow. Bruno suddenly feels a profound sense of closeness with the two women—though whether that's a good thing with respect to Erelim is anyone's guess—as his Soul rushes from the back of his mind to merge with him.

"There, feeling a little better? There is now a crack in the wall that-a-way"—she points—"which leads to a secret passage under the altar in your Heart. Those particulars seem appropriate if you ask me."

Rachel smiles about as warmly as she can manage.

"Welcome to Midway City's only Begotten brood that I know of. There are two other members currently, I'll let you discover them on your own though. That way, meanwhile"—she points again—"is Arel's area. It's dark and uninteresting, I wouldn't bother if I were you. Especially if I were you, given present circumstances."
    "You are forgiven. It will be nice to have at least one peer rather than a flock at last."
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So. Now what?
    "Hm, 'usually this terse' it is. Anyways, I suppose I should call in sick to work at some point given how late I am already, but that can wait a little longer. What would you be doing right now if your newfound Sister hadn't been passed out on your couch?"

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    "You are forgiven. It will be nice to have at least one peer rather than a flock at last."
    "Trust me, it will start to feel a lot better than that. One little word of warning, though, though probably more for Ladonna than for you: whatever you may have thought about the 'Nephilim,' as you call our kind, the truth is that we are... not predisposed towards being the best people, by human standards. But you've probably noticed that by now."

Rachel winks.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-10-27 at 06:02 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #304

"Hm, 'usually this terse' it is. Anyways, I suppose I should call in sick to work at some point given how late I am already, but that can wait a little longer. What would you be doing right now if your newfound Sister hadn't been passed out on your couch?"
    Either out jogging or sleeping off a hangover, depending on how much I drank while helping my cousin hunt.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Either out jogging or sleeping off a hangover, depending on how much I drank while helping my cousin hunt.
    "Well I can't say I'm the jogging type and we're obviously both done sleeping, so why don't I skip straight to brass tacks: How would you like to join my brood? I've actually been contemplating a get-together to figure out how we can make our presence in the city known, and having someone like you as a part of us would help immensely with that, I suspect. There are four others, in case you're wondering."
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

6. - Top - End - #306

...It's tempting. Very tempting. I'll have to meet the others, first.

I'll also need my lair to be as isolated from the other parts as possible. I've kind of only got my Heart...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

[A few mornings ago]
    [Taylor's apartment]

"So do I, but to me that's reason to be as connected as possible; the more Chambers you're hooked up to the faster everyone's Souls can come to your defense if someone's trying to kill you from the inside out."

8. - Top - End - #308

Yeah, but the more chambers I have,and the more cha,bers my heart's connected to, the easier it is for an intruder to find a way into my heart...

so, if I join your brood, I'd need for there to only be way into my part of the lair, since I only have a heart.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-10-28 at 05:55 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

"It is a trade-off, I suppose, and given your Hunger I'm not surprised you would prefer more time to fight your Heroes alone over a faster response time from your Siblings. I, on the other hand, thrive on connections, so the opposite choice is equally as obvious to me. The chance to have the Lair map look like a web centered on myself is rather enticing as well."

Rachel winks.

"So are you in or would you still rather meet the others first? I was planning on holding the gathering here in the waking world anyways so I suppose you wouldn't be materially disadvantaged as just an invitee."

10. - Top - End - #310

I'd honestly prefer to meet the others first. Don't want to brood with somebody I can't stand...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

I'd honestly prefer to meet the others first. Don't want to brood with somebody I can't stand...
    "Fine by me, I'll ask them about a date and time right now."

Appearing externally to suddenly zone out, Rachel takes control of her Soul and sets off to badger Seth, Bruno, Blaine, and Erelim in that order... Erelim last due to the chance that she'll end up spying on Rachel at some point along the way anyways rather than needing to be sought out.

Show
    I figure any interaction with Blaine in this context can go ahead and happen off-screen due to his being an NPC now, the rest of you can decide whether you want to play it out or gloss over it. As I already said in the OOC thread, Rachel intends for the gathering to take place at O'Lorry's after closing time.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Trust me, it will start to feel a lot better than that. One little word of warning, though, though probably more for Ladonna than for you: whatever you may have thought about the 'Nephilim,' as you call our kind, the truth is that we are... not predisposed towards being the best people, by human standards. But you've probably noticed that by now."

Rachel winks.
    "Well, neither am I. In truth, it was a relief to learn human standards didn't really apply to me."

He holds out a hand to shake.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    "Well, neither am I. In truth, it was a relief to learn human standards didn't really apply to me."

He holds out a hand to shake.
    Rachel smirks as she bends over to accept the handshake.

"Just don't let the breathing part of your flock hear you say that."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rachel smirks as she bends over to accept the handshake.

"Just don't let the breathing part of your flock hear you say that."
    "Believe me, I'm practiced at it."

15. - Top - End - #315
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

[One year ago]
    [Seth's apartment]

Valerie blinks in surprise for a few seconds.

"Huh, I actually thought I was going to have to wrangle over this, but you just elaborated on the exact idea that was just now forming in my own head. In particular, there are all kinds of things I could do if I had a reliable way into people's emails.

...As for your break-in on me, I will of course let you keep the data. Hell, if you haven't divined the decryption key yet I'll enter it in right now, no need to waste a Q&A with your Soul that I'm going to guess it doesn't oblige much more often than mine does. All I ask in return is that you help me upgrade my security before someone with your skills and my intentions decides to have a go at me as well."

;

"Not a problem at all. I make a bit of money on the side with that sort of thing anyways, I'll do this one gratis for you as a family favor."
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2015-11-07 at 04:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

[About a year ago]
    [Seth's apartment]

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    "Not a problem at all. I make a bit of money on the side with that sort of thing anyways, I'll do this one gratis for you as a family favor."
    "Thank you. You made a bit of a leap while reading me, by the way: if I were any good at restraining my curiosity I wouldn't have gotten in such hot water with the Invictus. I am a little more careful now, I suppose, but I suspect that curiosity is part of what dragged me here so quickly. That and the anger, of course. Either way I'm glad I did."

Valerie smiles.

Spoiler: Mimir's Wisdom
    Show
    Starting at the end there Valerie is suddenly being... coy? While that's not quite right, it's probably the closest way to describe what Seth is sensing right now.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-11-12 at 01:12 PM.