New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Knights of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Oh that is strong, but unless we know something dangerous is about to happen, we should let them be.
    "Oh hell no. If I know anything, its that murphy's law is an opportunistic bastard willing to take any chance to screw anyone over, and Callins is probably one of the most valuable members of the Rebel Alliance. The worst case scenario is that Callins dies, the current Dragon Balls die with him, and all of our work for the past day and half has been for nothing, as well as losing a good friend and not to mention your fiancee. Do you want to assume the best case scenario and find out later that you were wrong, or do you want to assume the worst case scenario and find out that your wrong NOW?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Now that is the kind of thing i was wanting to hear about Kami. If you are so sure then lets go! Aspa was already in the air and ready to go to the look out.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

23 shakes her head. She was never sure. All she knew was that it was better to assume worst case scenario and be wrong than leave something alone hoping it will be turn out for the best. Both 22 and 23 begin flying towards the Lookout.

(OOC: gonna wait for Iris to make an action before jumping into this)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

Oxy fles after the androids and the sayian.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    (OOC: gonna wait for Iris to make an action before jumping into this)
    (OOC: Thanks, interesting stuff always seems to happen when I'm asleep. Stupid timezones.)

Iris is momentarily shocked by Kami's aura, specifically the dark pressence that appeared behind him, and thus doesn't immediately react when the fight starts. She quickly shakes it off however, and charges Kami from behind. Iris moves in close and tries to get Kami into a full nelson just before Callins' shotgun uppercut hits.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami takes a step back and redirects Callin's hand with his left arm, causing the punch and the gathered energy to go wide, but as Kami shifts his right to stab Callin in the face, he bumps into Iris. Before she manages to complete the hold, Kami throws his head back violently to bash her face and then jumps high in the air - if Iris still tries to cling to him, she'll be taken to the sky as well.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Slushya smiles.

You and your brother have to travel a path of a many light years, but you've already come very far. If you take anything from me today, let it be the knowledge that I'm proud of you.
    Artic feels like he just took a punch to the gut. But it wasn't anything nausea-inducing or even painful, in fact the opposite was true. It made him feel good. But not just...good. He felt...happy. He looked away from his father sheepishly, but he couldn't hide his smile.

I...thank you, father. It means a lot that you said that.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Kami takes a step back and redirects Callin's hand with his left arm, causing the punch and the gathered energy to go wide, but as Kami shifts his right to stab Callin in the face, he bumps into Iris. Before she manages to complete the hold, Kami throws his head back violently to bash her face and then jumps high in the air - if Iris still tries to cling to him, she'll be taken to the sky as well.
    Kami's head slams dead into the centre of Iris' face with an audible crack, sending Iris reeling.

Son of a- That was my nose. He just broke my damn nose!

Iris recovers quickly, wiping away some of the blood that had started trickling out her nostrils and reaching out for Kami as he jumps.

"Oh no you d-"

Iris grabs Kami's ankle, intending to stop him from rising, but she immediately realizes that Kami's stronger than she realized and is dragged with him high into the air instead.
    Just "John" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

The Lookout
    "Now....what is going on here?"
    23 and 22 had arrived.
    "Various villagers looking like they have been forced to work all day....Old Man Kami attacking one of the nicest guys on the planet and one cool four-armed girl?

I knew you were a jerk, Ol' Kami, but a slaver? Really? Wow, you just sealed the deal on where you stand."

"Oh yeah he has! We can't let this go, 23!"
    22 was clenching her fists in anger.
    "No we can't indeed. Ol' Kami, meet the love of my life, Android 22. Android 22, meet the jerk who is the Guardian of the Earth and apparently a slaver.

No, don't say anything-there is no defense for this old man, especially when your threatening my friends. I thought were like, a jerkbro y'know? A jerk who was secretly a bro deep down inside. But now? I know that your only a jerk, with a great helping of prick. I'm oddly disappointed.

Also...one more thing before Oxy gets here:
    Are you handling it Ol' Kami? Cause you seem to be handling it, I'm right here if you need help handling it, do you need help? Your not telling me if you need help being annoyed Kami, I'm not exactly sure. Do you need help handling oppressing people kami? I can't decide. You seem to have being a jerk to other people down, Kami please tell me if you ever need help doing that, cause I can't seem to decide what to do."

She floated there, taunting and making fun of him, sarcastically saying things similar to what she said when the Young Thunder Sage attacked to remind him of her indecisiveness back then.

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Artic feels like he just took a punch to the gut. But it wasn't anything nausea-inducing or even painful, in fact the opposite was true. It made him feel good. But not just...good. He felt...happy. He looked away from his father sheepishly, but he couldn't hide his smile.

I...thank you, father. It means a lot that you said that.
    So... It doen'st feel like there's much to talk about, now.

Yet, at the same time, it feels wrong to waste the time I have left among the living.

Perhaps we can try to see if we can get you to transform?

[Lookout]

Oxy is the last to arrive.

Really, Kami-sama? Slaves?

I could have sworn that you had to eliminate the evil in your heart to be Kami? I mean, the first Namekian Kami literally expelled the evil half of himself to ensure he was pure enough for the job, if the legends about Piccolo Daimao are accurate.

Of course, from what I've seen you're a pretty bad Kami in the first place. A descent Kami would have taken care of Sun Kai's brat himself, instead of waiting for an image of perfection such as myself to come along and do it for him.

So, cutting to the chase, killing or even harming Callins is the stupidest move you'll ever make, for two reasons.

One, he made the dragonballs. Meaning, if he dies, his dragon dies. and if the dragon dies, well, then the dragonballs stop working.

I know you've got a dragon ball here somewhere, so I know you know what I'm talking about.

Reason two, his Fiance here is a Saiyan Warrior. Now, I know that the legends aren't well known in the universe yet, but the saiyan race has this unique power, a transformation, if you will. In my time, legend has it that the Saiyan Homeworld was destroyed when the first warrior to achieve the form lost control of his power while in his transformed state.

The one thing that's guaranteed to trigger the transformation is one of the Saiyan's loved ones being killed in front of them.

The majin girl mentioned you were astral projecting to view the fight with Slushya of Arcos. Let me tell you, compared to the power of the legendary Super Saiyan, the giant furball you saw might as well have been a child's doll.

So, you can keep the fight going, lose your chance to get eternal youth, immortality, or whatever the HFIL Else it is you're after and have a pissed of legendary warrior trying to murder you.

HFIL, I'd probably try to kill you. I admit, I'm not as strong as a super saiyan, but I don't really need to be. Infinite enrgy means I don't get tired and perfect cellular regeneration means you can't kill or maim me-you could try, but It'd just make me stronger and more pissed off.

Or you can stop trying to kill the man who is probably the closest thing I'll have to a friend, we can discuss this rationally like adults, and your chest doesn't get ventilated by a legendary warrior and the perfect killing machine from the future.

Your choice.

Hey, confident voice Oxy is back.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-07-19 at 01:25 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

This is Iris and my fight. Let us do this guys, don't interfere. Please. Callins says as he shots up and launches a ki shot that looked like it was going for Kami, but shot past him, and waited for Kami to ram right into it.

But he is a slaver! He needs to be put down. I better person can do his job!

Trust me Love, I will handle this. I have a lot of reasons after all to live, but the strongest one is staring at me right now.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"Heh. THATS the Oxy I know. Glad to have you back....boasts of perfection and all. Was worried I killed your confidence there for a moment. Guess thats just the worries of an imperect being then."
    Then she looked at Callins in annoyance.
    "Dude, really? Your making me sit at the sidelines at a fight on the Lookout AGAIN, debating whether I should help someone or not despite them insisting to the contrary? Not cool, Doc. Not cool. I already went through that once, now I'm gonna get Deja Vu."
    She then whispers to Oxyribo.
    "You know that if this gets bad, we NEED to intervene no matter what right?We put too much work into this for him to screw this up now."
    Meanwhile 22 was more....direct.
    "WHAT! No! Why the hell should I let MY friend fight and potentially die just so he can prove something!? Whats the use of protecting people, if they won't let you protect them!? Do you honestly expect I'll just sit here and watch you just do this!?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Iris disengages from Kami and floats back to a safer distance just as the androids show up. The androids make their speech, Oxy makes his, Iris was vaguely aware that Callins and Aspa were saying something, but she doesn't hear anything after 23 says the word "slaver". Iris had been so focused Callins and Kami that she hadn't even really noticed the village. She hadn't noticed the empty streets, any of the telltale signs of an oppressed people. She hadn't noticed the frighteningly familiar looks of fear they'd had.

He's a slaver...

He's a SLAVER!

Iris was never one for words when action would do. There was no long speech about justice or morals or rights or oppression or freedom. Iris didn't make a speech at all. What she did do, was scream four words and surge forward with incredible speed to punch Kami in the face harder than she had ever punched anyone before in her life.

"WE'RE NOT YOUR SLAVES!"

The punch's impact sent visible ripples travelling through the air powerful enough to slightly stagger the gathered fighters. There was a sound like a sonic boom, but louder, to the point that the sound couldn't even be described as something that was heard; it was felt, it was like a force of it's own. Far below, the villagers were terrified as every single window in the village shattered. Iris threw everything she had at Kami and felt her own shoulder dislocate from the sheer force of her strike.
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2015-07-19 at 02:23 AM.
    Just "John" is fine.

14. - Top - End - #164

What did I just say about talking this out like reasonable...

23? Every last one of us is insane, aren't we?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-07-19 at 03:46 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami stops in mid-air to shake off Iris dangling on his foot. Whether he noticed what Callin was trying is hard to say, but the sudden stop fortuitously makes the blast go over his head.

That's when all the on-lookers gather and start foaming at the mouth. Kami stops what he's doing for a few seconds, shocked that someone would think this is the moment to go off a tangent. Seriously, now. They could've at least try to attack his back like Iris did.

And Callin, declining their help? Saying this is their fight? After just claiming Kami is the hubristic one! "You're all a bunch of m- "

Kami's remark is cut short by Iris's outburst of rage. Even as her shoulder gives away with a disgusting pop, Kami is sent flying backwards, the lenses of his mask cracking from the force of impact. He tumbles in the air for good two hundred meters before coming to an abrupt halt and correcting his posture. He lifts his mask a bit to spit out blood, then pulls it back and looks at the crowd.

"Bug's right, you're all insane. And you love your own voices too much!", he shouts from the distance and crosses his knives before himself. "Come at me! Two at a time or all at once, I don't give a damn! Let's see you put some weight behind those words!" Orange light is glowing through the cracks of the lenses and Callin can notice smoke rising from the hole he made to Kami's shirt.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

She considers Oxyribo's declaration that they were all insane for one long moment, thinking upon all that they have done, how they acted, what the circumstances of their situation was and what their goals were.
    "Yes. Yes we are."
    23 shrugs and points her finger in a pretend-pistol manner at Kami.
    "Well if your going to invite, I guess nothing more needs to be said other than: Trace Laser."
    And then she fired the thin beam of ki at him, knowing that if he dodged the first go around, it automatically change direction to come at him from behind the second time around.

22 meanwhile flies upwards and launches a great ki barrage down upon Kami, her boiling anger fueling the attack to generate far more blasts than she usually made, even for her.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Before Kami could have even finished his second line of Dialog Callins was already there. He launched Punch after punch at Kami. He infused every strike with Ki, so if it was blocked he could still do a lot of damage. Callins speed only increased again with every strike, as he unleashed a fury of blows. Callins was raising in strength again, though this time he was not doing it out of rage.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami has seen Android 23's laser before, and easily dodges her aim, causing the initial attack to miss. The laser coming back is new, though, and he grunts in mild surprise when it loops around and scrapes his side.

It doesn't seem to slow him down much, though. Kami doesn't dodge 23's Ki barrage, instead letting it hit head on - the force conveniently knocking him out of Callin's first flurry of blows. As the melee ensues, 23 better be careful with her aim lest she accidentally hit her friend.

Callin gets in a punch or two, but their effect leaves a lot to be desired - they're nothing compared to the blow Iris just gave Kami, and he wouldn't need to even budge if he didn't want to. And there's still the knives - when Kami gets on the offensive himself, Callin's might want to reconsider whether closing the distance was a good idea. His scouter is beeping frantic warnings about their erratic power level, and his armor won't be enough to protect him from their sharpness. Kami gets up to speed and every time one arm or foot of his blocks one of Callin's strikes, his free hand snaps like a whip to cut at the sriking limb and joints of Callin's armor.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

23 frowns. They couldn't use ki attacks if Callins gone up close. She flash steps to try and attack him from behind with a flurry of punches.

22 sighs. She really needs to work on her melee. She flies downwards trying to hit him with one powerful punch from above:
    "Shot Gun Hammer!"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Callins was now finally not playing around he dodged every knife that Kami let loose. When Kami went to strike Callins joints he was gone once more. Callins was finally showing his full speed. there was not even a sonic boom, he was to fast for even the molecules in the air to react to him. He hit Kami at every angle all at once, as he seemed to create just one giant explosion of Ki all around Kami. Kami was just engulfed in a giant ball of violent silver light.

Finally Callins, floated in front of Kami. He was holding his helmet in his hand. He tossed it, as it went flying towards Aspa's feet. Callins just stayed there, one would guess he was now vulnerable with out his scouter helmet.

Callins was smiles at 22.

Shotgun? stealing my attack names now.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-07-19 at 10:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

"Not...really..."
    She said as she continued the attack. She didn't know why Callins was talking to her when it was 22's attack, and besides they came up with that before they met Callins: 23 had Machine Gun Fist, 22 and Shotgun Hammer. It was a yin-yang thing.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Callin's burst of speed forces Kami back on the defensive. While Callin doesn't get in a clear hit, it's obvious punches thrown at such speed transmit quite a bit of force even when technically blocked. Hence, when Callin step back, the sleeves of Kami's shirt and the hem of his hakama have been torn off, and his veins are glowing molten orange through his dark skin. Steam is rising from his skin where Callin's blows met his.

Unfortunately for the self-proclaimed heroes, Androids 22 and 23 are not as skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Especially 22's momentary self-doubt should've been a sign to stay away from the fray. Kami side-steps her leap attack with ease and kicks her toward 23 who was trying to get him from behind. Then he leaps after and slashes at Callin's face - though it's just a diversion for two other attacks, a kick to the groin and a more covert stab towards his right lung.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Callins was there then gone, he did not flash step, he did not after image, he was just gone. Kami's slow attacks were not going to catch Callins, when a sharp elbow to Kami's head came from above. Callins fell down as he smashed Kami over the head with just his arm.

22 can you grab him? start taking his energy away. though don't risk what 21 did.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

The Androids are sent tumbling towards the edge of the Lookout, they pick themselves up. They look at each other, knowing that Kami heard Callins instructions and knew they couldn't follow it to the letter, then nod. 22 flies forward first, trying to throw as many punches as she could as a distraction. Meanwhile 23 goes around and ambushes Kami from behind by trying to grab him and start draining.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-07-19 at 10:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

After sending Kami flying, Iris grits her teeth and grabs hold of the arm she had used to punch Kami. With a stifled grunt of pain and a second sickening pop, Iris twisted and forced her dislocated shoulder back into its correct position. With a deep breath, Iris calmed herself down a bit. She was still absolutely livid but was at least back at a point where she could form rational thoughts beyond "RAR KILL PUNCH KILL".

With that taken care of, Iris turns her attention back towards the fight with Kami. With her superior knowledge of melee combat, Iris is able to see Kami's mastery of melee combat for what it is. Callins was fast and able to land blows because of it, but Iris knew he didn't have the raw stopping power to actually hurt Kami with his strikes. Even from here, Iris was able to pick out small flaws in Callins' technique.

Iris also knew that the androids didn't stand a chance in close quarters with this monster.

"No! Stay back, he's too skilled! He'd cut you to ribbons!"

Iris surges in, hoping to use her own mastery of melee fighting to try and turn the tables.
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2015-07-19 at 10:59 AM.
    Just "John" is fine.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Callin's elbow knobs back of Kami's head. The fact that he could get the hit in is remarkable, but the force of the blow only elicits a brief grunt from Kami. A lot more of the same is going to be needed to knock him out.

The Androids' plan is not bad, technically speaking. But it has two major flaws. The first one is that with the skill gap between Kami and 22, sending her to melee is more a liability than an asset. The second one, Android 23 once casually guessed at, but the full horror has yet to dawn on her:

Kami can hear them and Callin speak, yes. But he can also hear their thoughts.

Hence, when 22 tries to engage him, Kami already knows what's going on. When 23 gets behind him, he twirls out of 22's way so that the Androids suddenly find themselves facing each other! He planned to skewer them both with one stab, but Iris charging in forces him to change plans. He moves so that Iris is between him and the Androids and then engages her at the edge of his melee range, slashing at her hands and wrists as she tries to get close, aiming to sever major arteries and tendons. He can't compensate for differences in human and alien physiology, but if it turns out to be a trouble, he'll just cut off her hands completely.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2015-07-19 at 11:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Iris falls back on what she knows about engaging foes with blades, and infuses her hands with ki, increasing their durability immensely. Against Kami, it's only barely enough. She blocks and deflects his slashes with her hands, but they aren't stopped from cutting her entirely as they would be if Iris were fighting someone roughly at her own level. As it is, they cut, but leave only superficial nicks, annoying and painful, but mostly undamaging.

Using the advantage of her multiple limbs to her advantage, Iris is able to defend herself from Kami's knives while simultaneously going on the offensive with a series of quicks jabs and the occasional heavier straight when she can find a hole in his guard. Unlike Callins, she's also able to put some authority behind her strikes (though not nearly as much as her devastating blow earlier), but Iris doubts that she can keep this up long enough to win. All those nicks and superficial cuts are going to add up eventually...
    Just "John" is fine.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Callins joined Iris's assault. He took Kami from behind while she attacked his front. He may not have her strength, but his speed would help him.

Aspa just stood next to Oxy.

He really has improved since he left Plant.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

How did he know?
    They jump back from the fighting.
    Can he- does he have the same abilities as Callins? Telepathy? HEY KAMI, LISTEN TO THIS:
    One would normally say that a perfect memory was a good thing, because you remembered all that you needed to know and all the good things in life. 23 would disagree. It was a double-edged sword, because you also perfectly remembered all the bad things and the annoying things in the world as well.
    She begins to play a bunch of incredibly annoying songs in her head in an attempt to either make him stop listening or to at least produce enough psychic static so that he can't hear anything useful. and makes sure to think as loud as she could while doing so. She could barely hear her own thoughts over all the stupid annoying noise. Excellent. She then turns to 22.
    "Hey 22, find me a jar, or pot, will you?"
    "Ok but.....why?"
    "Just do it."
    ".....Kay"
    22 goes looking for a nearby pot in the village, not knowing why 23 would want a pot at a time like this.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-07-19 at 12:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmmm. We have four combatants. And you have four arms", Iris can hear Kami say - wait, no, she can't. Because it's not a sound, it's a mental impression that comes and goes in a split-second. It's akin to the telepathy she tried with Callin, just sped up and fit to the rhythm of flesh striking against flesh. "How did it go again? One for sorrow, two for love, three for a wedding..."

The transmission is cut short as Kami ducks to dodge a blow from Callins, then siddles so Iris and the Tuffle are both between him and the androids. Callin takes a lot of pressure off from Iris, so she gets a reprieve from having her limbs cut and a breather to look for an opening. To an outside observer, it looks like together they might reclaim their advantage.

But something's off. Both Callin and Iris can feel the heat from Kami's body against their exposed skin. It's getting pretty intense now. More, Iris can see the phantasm from before, sliding over Kami's body like ink, and she can see all his three eyes, blazing like furnaces, even though they're covered by his mask! It's hard to tell if it's aura of his Ki or some kind of telepathic projection aimed at her.

The image disappears for a moment when the Androids fill the mental space with nonsense. But then it comes back with a vengeance. If Iris had the time to listen very closely, she might hear Kami muttering something under the thundering blows.

"... and four..."

Something is badly, badly off. A moment ago, Callin could run a circle around Kami, but now he's intercepting every blow faster than before. The Tuffle is still faster, but the margin is narrowing - soon, he can't count on speed alone to remain un cut.

"...is.."

Kami reverses grips with the knife on his right hand. His shirt catches fire and the skin of his arm flakes off, what's below looking like a chunk of molten-hot steel.

"... for..."

Then, it's like a floodgate opening. The minds of both Iris and Callin fill with an impression of white hot rage, the transmission powering through despite lack of physical contact. It's a telepathic shout, accompanied by a very real one as Kami throws a tremendously fast and powerful punch against Callin's chestguard with his right hand...

... while at the same instant, throwing the knife in his left at Iris from a dead angle, aiming at her stomach.

"Death!"

The scouters on the Androids catch up a second later, indicating Kami's power level peaked over a thousand for split-second, then returning to hover around five hundred.