New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Knights of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So... It doesn't feel like there's much to talk about, now.

Yet, at the same time, it feels wrong to waste the time I have left among the living.

Perhaps we can try to see if we can get you to transform?
    Hmm, one second. Artic remarks, looking concerned over in the distance. He can sense several power-levels, most of whom are probably his friends, fighting one power-level that seems to constantly fluctuate from practically non-existent to at least a thousand.

Ieez, I think there's trouble. There. He points. You should go without me, i'd only get in the way.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Screw this. I messed up. Callins get out of there. Aspa says as she joins the fray. her combat skills exceed all them together, and her pure strength and speed would be enough to rival Kami's. She flew at him as quick as she could when he got to Death part of his speech, she grabbed his face and sent him crashes into a forest.

Callins from the impact fell to the ground as he clutched his chest. he was catching his breath while Aspa took his place in the fight.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Ieez, I think there's trouble. There. He points. You should go without me, i'd only get in the way.
    Shanakan
    He says to Pokasuu:
    "Well think upon what I said- is it not good to know that Majin Buu was a good enough person to redeem himself?"
    He then turned to Ieez
    "Ieez. Wait. I want to give you a clue that could help. Hopefully."
    He puts his hand on Ieez's shoulder and his eyes glow again, this time trying to follow the strand of hate that Ieez has for Kami that connects him towards the Lookout through his vision, all the way to Kami himself, trying as hard as he could to divine something from Kami's fate. However, since its through Ieez, the results may not be as clear as trying to see Kami's fate directly.

Lookout
    "Guys. Careful. He did a thing. I'm not sure what."
    She kept playing the annoying songs in her head, hoping they were shielding her thoughts.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Iris' is put off her game the entire time Kami is projecting/transmitting his little show. That terrifying phantasm. Those eyes, burning bright through the mask. And the whole time, there was a noise... hidden just at the edge of hearing, but slowing getting louder.

"... for..."

Iris realises what's about to happen an instant before it does.

"Death!"

"GET OUT OF THE-"

Iris' attempt at a warning is cut off as she coughs up blood from Kami's knife hitting her full in the stomach, burying itself up to the hilt. Iris screams in pain and pulls back from Kami while grasping the wound with her left hand. Iris' vision blurred and darkened, and she fell, plummeting towards the ground, barely conscious. She had used too ki, lost too much blood.
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2015-07-19 at 01:05 PM.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

[From the mountain to the forest]

Kami is too committed to his double attack to dodge Aspa. Grabbing Kami's head is literally as painful as grasping an iron poker fresh out of fire, but thankfully, the contact is brief. Kami is sent hurtling down from the mountain, and the impact from him hitting the ground levels a dozen acres of forest. For a brief moment, his form is obscured by a cloud of dust and debris, then he leaps out of the forest to hover a few hundred meters above ground, glaring up the mountainside at his lookout where the motley crew is gathered.

"Correction. Not four", he mutter to himself as the left lense of his mask falls to ground in shards. "Five." What can be seen through the hole in the mask looks less like a human eye and more like a blazing ball of fire. He waits for a moment to see if Aspa or anyone else will choose to follow him.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. That was her cue to rescue Iris. 23 flew forward as fast as she could and picked her up, then flew over to Oxyribo.
    "Heal her now, and then get to work on fighting Kami. Their little attempt at this being "their fight" nearly cost them both their lives. I knew this was a bad idea."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Callins looks up to the Sun Kai.

You really put the wrong man in this job. How could you make him the Guardian of this planet.

Aspa on the other hand was still not going to risk a power ball with the way Callins had no helmet. instead she luanched Ki blast after ki blast at Kami as he flew.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Hmm, one second. Artic remarks, looking concerned over in the distance. He can sense several power-levels, most of whom are probably his friends, fighting one power-level that seems to constantly fluctuate from practically non-existent to at least a thousand.

Once the Tiger does his thing, Oxy flies off.

curious,Pokasuu does the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah. That was her cue to rescue Iris. 23 flew forward as fast as she could and picked her up, then flew over to Oxyribo.
    "Heal her now, and then get to work on fighting Kami. Their little attempt at this being "their fight" nearly cost them both their lives. I knew this was a bad idea."
    Oxy does so.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Callins looks up to the Sun Kai.

You really put the wrong man in this job. How could you make him the Guardian of this planet.
    A ray of light alighted upon him and that divine voice spoke again.
    "THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS. I CANNOT CHOOSE HIM. THE POSITION IS EITHER TAUGHT, THROUGH APPRENTICESHIP OR EARNED, THROUGH COMBAT."

"Also....why does he keep counting? Is he keeping track of how many opponents he has?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

"Leave me. Get Callins."

Iris speaks up in a weak voice before succumbing to unconsciousness.

"...Won't be...that...selfish...again..."
    Just "John" is fine.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    "Leave me. Get Callins."

Iris speaks up in a weak voice before succumbing to unconsciousness.

"...Won't be...that...selfish...again..."
    Unfortunately, Oxy is already heeling her and won't leave her to die.

At best, he'll patch her up and set her on the ground(If her player is okay with that?)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

[Forest]

Aspa is so far to begin with that Kami takes no pains to dodge them. He doesn't move for counter-attack, but keeps close track of her as she plunges down.

[Meanwhile, elsewhere]

Shanakan gets some surprising results. Scrying at Kami's fate is surprisingly easy, but making sense of it isn't.

Because he can tell the hatred Ieez feels towards him is entirely one-sided. Kami is angry, yes, but it's sort of undirectional rage against the world, more a force of nature than anything tied to specific person or grievance. Neither hatred or anger seem to be the real driving forces behind his actions. He is willing to kill, but not aiming for it. As such, Ieez stands at a crossroad. If he could, somehow, see the world like Kami sees, maybe he could reach a peaceful solution. But Ieez's own feelings are so strong that such likelihood is miniscule. Most likely he will join the fight, and too many people are involved who are not present for Shanakan to foretell who will live and who will die. The strands of fate exceed his grasp and turn into a chaotic web too big to comprehend.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2015-07-19 at 02:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Aspa used the ki blasts as a distraction. she was really right about Kami the whole time. cupping her hands together, she slams them down on to Kami.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Shanakan
    "This is....odd."
    He says to Ieez before he leaves.
    "Kami's rage is not.....directed at any one person or thing, and he doesn't seem to aiming to kill. I don't know what he is thinking, exactly, but there is a possibility for peaceful resolution...but not with you... I think I'll have to come as well"

The Lookout
    Shanakan arrives as well. He looks upon the battle as 23 rushes to drag Callins over to get healed by Oxyribo as well, as a strange beam of light hovers over everything, and 22 for some reason spots a pot and picks it up. Shanakan silently sheathes his claws and flies near Kami and Aspa, keeping just far enough way to not get hit.
    "What is your anger, Revered Kami, Guardian of Earth? I humbly request that you tell me, in any way you possibly can. I come in peace, and will not fight you. No matter what."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Callins gets up.

I am fine, just caught me off guard is all. Now how and why did you let him become Kami. You and your superiors clearly lacked oversight.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately, Oxy is already heeling her and won't leave her to die.

At best, he'll patch her up and set her on the ground(If her player is okay with that?)
    (Yeah, yeah, it's what I wanted anyway, Iris is just doing her whole survivor guilt thing, not like I wanted Iris to keel over this early! )

Iris' eyes flutter open soon after Oxy sets her down. She's a hard woman to keep down.

Not dead yet. Of course I'm not. That would be too easy.

Iris bent down to pick up Kami's knife, still red with her blood, and flies back over to where 23 is.

"23, I'm seriously beginning to think you went and associated yourself with literally everything I've ever hated as some kind of elaborate practical joke. Arcosians, a giant egotistical tit and now a slaver? Any minute now, my Ex is going to show up and will have turned out to be your old friend from the future or something"
    Just "John" is fine.

17. - Top - End - #197

"23, I'm seriously beginning to think you went and associated yourself with literally everything I've ever hated as some kind of elaborate practical joke. Arcosians, a giant egotistical tit and now a slaver? Any minute now, my Ex is going to show up and will have turned out to be your old friend from the future or something"
    We're not exactly associated with him, and we're just as shocked that he's a slaver as you are. I don't think he's even really Kami, I think he just claimed the title without earning it.

Oxy flies up to join the fray, in time for Ieez, Pokasuu, and Kitty to get there and Kitty to say his thing.

I would also like to know what's going on?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Callins gets up.

I am fine, just caught me off guard is all. Now how and why did you let him become Kami. You and your superiors clearly lacked oversight.
    "AGH. IF THIS IS REALLY GOING TO BE A WHOLE CONVERSATION THING-"
    Sun Kai speeds down and lands on the ground from the beam of light, so that he is there in person.
    "-I might as well do this in person, dude. The whole divine voice of godly authority gets old after a few minutes. Supposed to be only for short statements and such like "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" or some such.

Look. The reason why we lack oversight, is because 1. We're not fascists. Would you want the government of reality to be fascist? No? Good, we agree. 2. We don't have the resources. We simply don't have the man power to police literally all of space. So what we did was make the Guardian system so that the locals can get their own guardian for their own planet without impinging upon their freedom AND making sure we don't have to come up with some stupid impractical way to literally try to police every inhabitable planet ever.

I mean sure its not perfect, but its better than us trying to rule you all with an iron fist. Thats what having ethics gives you: restrictions, boundaries, things you cannot do. What we, the Kai's can't do, is interfere with your mortal existences directly, because we want you to determine your own way. The only thing I could possibly do to influence the situation is try to talk to him or adjust the path of a meteor to hit Earth right on top of him, and then my superiors would yell at me for causing a planetary apocalypse and causing a massive loss of life, not moral and certainly not ethical to use my solar system control like that. Who you choose to protect you guys is on you."

"I'm not associated with Kami. All I really did was threaten him for the Dragon Balls when I first arrived then made fun of him all the time after that. that and he hadn't enslaved anyone then."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-07-19 at 02:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

[Forest]

Kami waits untill the last possible instant, then jumps out of Aspa's way. Unless she corrects her course, she'll end up making a crater herself too. That's when a tiger, of all things, floats near to them and pleads to be addressed. Kami doesn't say anything, he just snort in reply, though he also doesn't do anything other than prepare to fend off Aspa. Whether Kami will bother to reply depends on whether she will give him the chance.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

There own freedom? You clearly do not see that Kami here is enslaving those around him look at the village. you bureaucrats are disgusting. Fine Go leave, since you refuse to have a spine and deal with Kami.

Callins says as he floats up to head back into the fray.

Aspa on the other hand, was quick on her reflexes to quick, she used the momentum of her previous strike to continue after Kami. Crow-baring the old man causing him to spin over her arm.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh well, there goes Shanakan's chance to get a timely reply. When Aspa leaps back at Kami, he does indeed spin aroud her arm - but not in the way she anticipated. The old man treats her arm like a gymnast would an obstacle, stabbing at her armpit as she slips under her arm and moves past her. Then he turns around, holding his left hand before him, ready for round two.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm not associated with Kami. All I really did was threaten him for the Dragon Balls when I first arrived then made fun of him all the time after that. that and he hadn't enslaved anyone then."
    We're not exactly associated with him, and we're just as shocked that he's a slaver as you are. I don't think he's even really Kami, I think he just claimed the title without earning it.
    "Good to hear, if you'd known I would not have been happy. At. All."

Iris starts floating upwards and back towards Kami and the rest, her grip on the knife tightening.

"I'm headed back in. He won't catch me off guard this time."
    Just "John" is fine.

23. - Top - End - #203

Callins, get out of here! You're the only one here who isn't expendable.

Kaioken!

Oxy rushes in and tries to engage Yama in melee, hoping that shooting his PL up into the 1000s will help him out.

[B]I still have no Idea what's going on. Should we like, I don't know, get involved, or what?[/B]

Ieez shrugs his transformed shoulders.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-07-19 at 02:39 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

There own freedom? You clearly do not see that Kami here is enslaving those around him look at the village. you bureaucrats are disgusting. Fine Go leave, since you refuse to have a spine and deal with Kami.
    "Oh, like you'd do any better at policing and monitoring all of time and space, genius! These people may be not free, but the rest of the planet is! He could've just taken the entire planet! Y'know, rule it all! But but....fine its not my department, but I'll try and fix this anyways."
    Stupid mortals thinking that they had to solve all their problems for them. This wasn't his job. His job was sitting at a complicated control panel in a building on the surface of the sun, monitoring the entire solar system for abnormalities in the planets, dwarf planets and asteroids and such that could cause disaster and slightly adjust things to keep it all life-friendly, perhaps adjust the path of an incoming asteroid so that it hits the sun instead of earth, not glamorous sure, no one knows that he averts any disaster yes, and he has to fill out paperwork for every little adjustment, but its a job that needs doing and he is does it well. He could make Mars crash into Venus or tilt Saturn into becoming a second Uranus from his control panel but nope, no fun like that. He was an ethical man, he did not abuse his power like that.

His job was not to protect the mortals from themselves or anything. It was to keep the Solar System running smoothly. He was a Solar System Operator, not a diplomat, custom service provider or a god inspector! But noooo, they had to complain to him.
    "Kami, everyone, in my divine name I order you all to stop this madness? Cause the mortals are leaving complaints about you in my prayer box, and they apparently think this business your doing is all bad enough to kill you over, and if you don't sit down and talk this out, I'm going to have to file a complaint with the higher ups to have you inspected over this incident by at least next year! and I don't think you want that!"
    23 claps slowly.
    "Wow. That was real threatening."
    22 comes up to 23 with a pot.
    "Here is the pot you asked for! Why did you want a pot?"
    "You'll see... I hope this works..."

25. - Top - End - #205

Anyways... Artic turns back to his dead father.

Transformation...There's an undeniable correlation between emotional state and Ki output however it varies from individual to individual. Artic explains rather technically. Transformation also becomes noticeably simpler at higher ki output levels.

While Ieez may be an exception to that second rule...i'm not sure I have been in that emotional state yet.
    Artic would certainly not want to be in a position where there is a reason for him to feel that angry.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

The Lookout To Forest
    23 with pot in arm flies down to the forest, she sets it down and looks at the fight. She had to wait for a moment when he was weak....or for a clear shot. She probably only had one shot at this, even with the annoying songs causing a lot of static.

Meanwhile Shanakan continues his attempts.
    "Please. Kami-Sama. These people know not of you, as you are. They come from different eras, different places from beyond the sky. Do you not know this? They understand not our time, or the way you think. They are foreigners beyond foreign. Do you really expect them to just know who you are? What deeds you have done? The legends that you have wrought in your wake?

Do you really expect them to know how you obtained your extending staff from a dragon in the desert? Or were so great the gods themselves feared you? Please speak to me, for I am naught but a humble martial artist, who has only heard of you in legends and tales as I traveled, they say your one of the greatest martial artists in the world. If you understand me at all, please tell me something!"

He tries to remember the legends he ha heard of Kami. Unlike everyone else here, he had grown up hearing about them...what else did he do?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

[Forest]

If this was a normal day, Kami would take time to address "Sunny-boy", even if only to tell him to get the Hell out of his lawn. Gods are not supposed to tresspass each others' domains without a pressing need, and at the time there is none. Whether Kami bashes a few mortal heads or gets his own head bashed is of no consequence to Sunny's job.

Likewise, if this was a normal day, Kami would listen Shanakan's pleas at least enough to make fun of them.

But this isn't a normal day and Kami has two problems: Aspa and Oxy. He only just dodged the former and now the latter is on his neck. It's hard to tell your life's story while a humanoid bug is trying to punch you in the face. Kami dodges his initial attacks and then tries to kick him in the chest to knock him against Aspa to buy himself a second of time.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, even Shanakan is getting kind of annoyed at this. His eyes glow with trying to gaze at Kami's fate directly, because no one seems to have any freaking clue of how this situation is supposed to be solved and no good information is being given. He will consider this the last chance he has of finding one, as he can only do the "see fate" thing so many times before he gets tired and has to rest because this thing is really straining on his mind, and he has already done it like, what twice already? So yeah hopefully he will get some sort of solution from this final gaze at the strands of time and destiny that tie all things together for all eternity, before he just gives up and just lets people beat him up.

Sun Kai just throws up his hands and goes back to the Sun. He grabs a bag of popcorn while he is there and watches Kami get beaten up, ironically because he wasn't willing to talk enough to people who loved to talk.

29. - Top - End - #209

Oof!

tigerman whose name escapes me at the moment, if Kami wanted to talk, he'd have stopped fighting when I told him to stop fighting and discuss this like a rational adult.

I don't think he's even really this world's Kami. If the legends are right, a mortal must have a pure good heart to be Kami. Pure good excludes the employment of slave labor.

As Oxy says this, he launches a ki blast aimed at Yama's groin. Because of course he is, he fights dirty.

Baba's

An intense emotional state can help, but transformation is really about control of that power. In your brother's case, he has some degree of hidden potential inside of him. He got angry and instinctively drew on that power, and his body changed into a form that could better access and control that power.

Any time you transform to increase your strength, it's the same thing. It's just, an increase as big as what happened with Ieez is rare.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"Then why the HELL, does he think he is Kami!?"
    She looks pointedly up at the sun as she says this.

Sun Kai rolls his eyes and descends once again.
    "I have no freaking clue. I wasn't there when he got the position or thought he got it. I just had a good working relationship with the guy before him, real nice guy, real understanding, let me chill on Earth during vacay time and then this Yemma guy was there instead one day and I'm like "how'd you get here" and he declined to answer because he is a surly tight-lipped jerk and was like "get off my divine domain!" and I'm like "dude, what?" and gone back to the sun not wanting to tick off the new guy, and he did nothing but shout at me whenever I tried to talk to him ever since."