New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Knights of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Kami notes Iris's exhaustion and uses the opportunity to re-establish a telepathic link with her. Using words would be too slow, so instead he loads the mental pulse with images and feelings.

Specifically, his own memories of being buried under a mountain - the crushing pressure, the utter darkness and deprivation of all sensory information other than pain. Kami spent almost ten times longer there than Iris has even lived.

Of course, in a split second he can only give a brief impression of what it was like, and mere pain can't kill anyone. At worst it will knock Iris out and she'll wake up later as if it is all a bad dream. But Kami hopes it will distract her long enough for him to deal with Oxy.
    To anyone watching, it's as if Iris had been struck by lighting. Her body jerks in pain and suddenly, she's screaming and holding her head.

To Iris, it's far worse. Her vision is blot out, she sees nothing but darkness. She hears nothing but the sound of silence. She can't smell a thing. Besides the bit of her own blood in her mouth, she tastes nothing. But what she feels is the worst part. Pain. Nothing else. Crushing pain, from every angle, from every part of her body, from everywhere and nowhere. The totality of it is enough that the pain blocks any attempt at rational thought, any attempt to realize what's going on, any attempt to do anything but scream and writhe, which is exactly what Iris does.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami may not be able to feel 23's Ki, but he can see her body is basically shaking apart at the seams. He guesses this is the first time she's even tried using it. She's violated Kami's concept of common sense before, but using a technique she can't control and hasn't trained with in real combat takes the cake.

Kami can only hope the same isn't true about Android 22 and the Spirit Bomb.

As soon as Oxy's limbs are severed, Kami leaps straight up with all his force like a molten-orange lightning bolt. He's not going to touch 23 with a 10' pole. Even through the nonsense she's looping in her head, Kami can recognize a fool motivated by love when he sees one. And he's smart enough to guess 22 returns that feeling, meaning that if he lays a finger on 23, she'll likely explode with sadness or rage, and then the spirit bomb will explode on everyone's face in turn. Though the way things are going on, Android 23 might accidentally kill herself, making the aversion moot.

But Kami's too busy getting away from Oxy and 23 to account for Aspa, and her punch sends Kami veering off course. It slows him down enough for Oxy's stretched right arm to grab Kami's ankle. Kami realizes he isn't going to get high enough in time to safely dodge the Spirit Bomb. Change of plans is in order, then.

"Nine's for Hell", Kami repeats, touching forehead of his mask with index finger of his free hand. "Ten is for Devil's own sell." Kami's Ki vanishes from mortal senses and the in-built scouters of the Androids. Curiously, Oxy can still feel it. It increases again, this time much more than with any previous step. It goes past the power displayed by Oozaru-form Aspa and continues growing.

At the same moment, Kami begins undergoing a physical change. The stab wound Callin inflicted on him at the start tears open, revealing a sphere of raging fire. Kami's mask warps and fuses with his skin and the knife fuses with his wrist, becoming a natural extension of his arm. His body stretches like a heated metal bar under pressure and spikes and scales pust through his skin. They look like armor, but they're growing out rather than being put on, which is a very unnatural and wrong thing for armor to do. It also makes holding onto Kami very uncomfortable to Oxy.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2015-07-24 at 03:40 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

23 sees him growing in power. She flies forward and in desperation shouts:
    "Kaio-Ken x3!"
    Her power level jumps up to somewhere in the 1100's or 1200's. She bursts forward in a rush of speed towards Kami, sparks suddenly bursting out from her body here and there, her warning signs going up to 300%, her fist raised forward to punch him, yelling out:
    "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

For about one second.

Her Kaio-Ken suddenly ends. The damage on her systems remained, as well as the speed at which she was going. She misses Kami and falls while still going a diagonal angle towards the earth, tumbling as she hits the ground, sparks crackling across her body at the strain it had just been put under.
    "Dammit....I didn't even get to get a hit in....at least....I held him off..."

No minutes remaining. 22 forms a large spirit bomb above her head, you could tell that while not perfect, she does have some practice with it beforehand. Standing beside her all the villagers that Kami forced to work for him, raising their hands to give the spirit bomb energy.
    "KAMI! THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO YOU ENSLAVED! THE PEOPLE OF EARTH WHO TRUSTED YOU TO BE ITS GUARDIAN, THE TRUST THAT YOU ABUSED! SPIRIT BOMB, FIRE!!"
    She then threw it forward with both hands, the massive sphere of energy surging forward with burning heat.

Meanwhile....
    Shanakan opened his eyes, they were glowing. He knew not of how the Spirit Bomb worked, but he did see the fate of what would happen if they were hit by it. He would not allow that to happen. He grabbed on to his own connections to Oxy, to Iris, to Aspa, to Callins, all those who were in its path, and tugged while saying:
    "Evade Death!"
    and suddenly all five of them vanished, at least from one point of view. For all those who can perceive it, they see that they are suddenly outside the universe- literally. They see all that is, as things are now, for one moment, right this very second, frozen in time, the world without you in it, without your deaths that might've happened. Momentarily...

With the others gone the spirit bomb surges right into Kami and begins to fall Earth-wards, trying to crush and burn him under its weight. But not for long. Sun Kai raises his hand and proclaims:
    "Emergency Protocol: Reverse Gravity. Targets: Spirit Bomb, Kami."
    The protocol was originally intended to reverse the direction of meteors headed towards Earth that were caught too late. However preventing the destruction of the Earth was well within his duties. Thus now both Kami and the Spirit Bomb fall upwards into the sky, away from the Lookout.

...and just like that, Aspa, Oxy, Iris, Shanakan and Callins all suddenly reappear right where you were a second ago, except Kami was no longer there and 22 was no longer holding the spirit bomb. Shanakan falls unconscious from the effort. Suddenly there is a spectacular detonation above you, flashing brightly in the sky, the Spirit Bomb going off in the atmosphere, harmless to the planet, and only causing a shockwave to shudder through you, the trees, the ground. Sun Kai smiles.
    "Whelp, my work here is done."
    He then hops into a sun beam which takes him back to the sun in eight seconds, where he then sends a sun beam to shine on Kami, saying through it:

The Upper Atmosphere:
    "Finally managed to figure out how to speak through sun beams without sounding like some super-almighty god person. Kami? Answer me. I know your still alive. Especially in that form, cause its tough as nails with that armor. Just letting you know, I'm not letting you down from your reversed gravity for a while. I heard you call me, what was it, "Limp-wristed bureaucrat who couldn't keep his half-mortal son in check!"? and I feel insulted. Limp-wristed I may be, bureaucrat I admit to, but no one calls that guy my son and gets away with it! As payback, you'll be stuck in low-earth orbit for a while, just enough for you to breathe, maybe miss a meal or two. Have fun!"

(OOC: don't worry, me and Frozen Feet worked this out in advance)
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-07-24 at 04:28 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #244
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    It sounds like something that just...happens. Once you get the feel for it, it's muscle-memory to do it again. He looks off into the distance again where Ieez went off.

Can you feel it too? Sounds like some serious trouble. Probably against Kami.

Kami being the Emperor Hailing of this planet, except twice as angry, and none of the charisma needed to control a universal Empire. He is strong though, I have no idea by how much.
    No. I was never good at sensing enrgy-just the basics of it really, enough to tell when an opponent is getting stronger. In the hindsight that death affords me, that's probably something I should have trained to overcome and HOLY JANK WHAT IS THAT!

It appears that Artic's statement has been answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    23 sees him growing in power. She flies forward and in desperation shouts:
    "Kaio-Ken x3!"
    Her power level jumps up to somewhere in the 1100's or 1200's. She bursts forward in a rush of speed towards Kami, sparks suddenly bursting out from her body here and there, her warning signs going up to 300%, her fist raised forward to punch him, yelling out:
    "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

For about one second.

Her Kaio-Ken suddenly ends. The damage on her systems remained, as well as the speed at which she was going. She misses Kami and falls while still going a diagonal angle towards the earth, tumbling as she hits the ground, sparks crackling across her body at the strain it had just been put under.
    "Dammit....I didn't even get to get a hit in....at least....I held him off..."

No minutes remaining. 22 forms a large spirit bomb above her head, you could tell that while not perfect, she does have some practice with it beforehand. Standing beside her all the villagers that Kami forced to work for him, raising their hands to give the spirit bomb energy.
    "KAMI! THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO YOU ENSLAVED! THE PEOPLE OF EARTH WHO TRUSTED YOU TO BE ITS GUARDIAN, THE TRUST THAT YOU ABUSED! SPIRIT BOMB, FIRE!!"
    She then threw it forward with both hands, the massive sphere of energy surging forward with burning heat.

Meanwhile....
    Shanakan opened his eyes, they were glowing. He knew not of how the Spirit Bomb worked, but he did see the fate of what would happen if they were hit by it. He would not allow that to happen. He grabbed on to his own connections to Oxy, to Iris, to Aspa, to Callins, all those who were in its path, and tugged while saying:
    "Evade Death!"
    and suddenly all five of them vanished, at least from one point of view. For all those who can perceive it, they see that they are suddenly outside the universe- literally. They see all that is, as things are now, for one moment, right this very second, frozen in time, the world without you in it, without your deaths that might've happened. Momentarily...

With the others gone the spirit bomb surges right into Kami and begins to fall Earth-wards, trying to crush and burn him under its weight. But not for long. Sun Kai raises his hand and proclaims:
    "Emergency Protocol: Reverse Gravity. Targets: Spirit Bomb, Kami."
    The protocol was originally intended to reverse the direction of meteors headed towards Earth that were caught too late. However preventing the destruction of the Earth was well within his duties. Thus now both Kami and the Spirit Bomb fall upwards into the sky, away from the Lookout.

...and just like that, Aspa, Oxy, Iris, Shanakan and Callins all suddenly reappear right where you were a second ago, except Kami was no longer there and 22 was no longer holding the spirit bomb. Shanakan falls unconscious from the effort. Suddenly there is a spectacular detonation above you, flashing brightly in the sky, the Spirit Bomb going off in the atmosphere, harmless to the planet, and only causing a shockwave to shudder through you, the trees, the ground. Sun Kai smiles.
    "Whelp, my work here is done."
    He then hops into a sun beam which takes him back to the sun in eight seconds, where he then sends a sun beam to shine on Kami, saying through it:

The Upper Atmosphere:
    "Finally managed to figure out how to speak through sun beams without sounding like some super-almighty god person. Kami? Answer me. I know your still alive. Especially in that form, cause its tough as nails with that armor. Just letting you know, I'm not letting you down from your reversed gravity for a while. I heard you call me, what was it, "Limp-wristed bureaucrat who couldn't keep his half-mortal son in check!"? and I feel insulted. Limp-wristed I may be, bureaucrat I admit to, but no one calls that guy my son and gets away with it! As payback, you'll be stuck in low-earth orbit for a while, just enough for you to breathe, maybe miss a meal or two. Have fun!"

(OOC: don't worry, me and Frozen Feet worked this out in advance)
    Oxy's kaioken fades,m he descends, and he collapses on the ground. Considering that, other than his hands, none of his severed limbs have grown back yet and that he's bleeding profusely from the stump(s), it may seem that he has insufficiently conditioned himself to bring the kaioken up to X4. He has mild burns from Kami's body heat, and a worse one on his hand from when he was holding onto Kami while he transformed.

He tries to push himself up and crawl to the others.

Did we win? What the **** just happened?

Kami turned into a monster, his ki disappeared from my scouter the androids through a bunch of enrgy at him, then I have no clue what happened.

Thank you, captain obvious an... Kami's ki didn't vanish...At least, I didn't feel it vanish... Quick, what's my Power Level!

Okay, I can apparently sense ki that can't be scanned. I don't know what to think of that... Where the HFIL is Sun Kai? I had a few questions for him...
    Nebermind. Who's still aive? Who needs healing?

Oxy then notices that he's lost quite a bit of blood.

Hell. Okay, change of plans. somebody go raid Kami's house for senzu beans or something. I'm going to lay here and hope that I don't pass out or die from bloodloss, shock, exhaustion, or the Horrific Pain! I'm currently experiencing.

THUD!

[Forest]

Pokasuu is getting nervous. She could feel the huge power, even from here, bt then it was gone. She continues following this pull she's feeling.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-07-24 at 05:38 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

[Forest - as the Spirit Bomb falls]

As the Spirit Bomb falls down on him, Kami looks up calmly and holds up his free hand. Android 22's shouting goes to deaf ears - he's focusing on something else entirely. "Hey, Sunny-boy, you hear me?", Kami calls out telepathically. "You wanted to help the mortals, right? Well, get me and this orb as high in the sky as possible! None of us want this this thing to fall through the Earth!"

Despite using all his might to try and fly upwards, the pressure is too much. Kami can feel his toes touch the ground as white lightning licks his twisting body, breaking spikes and knocking off scales of armor even as new ones grow to replace them.

"Sunny-boy? Kai of the Sun? You hear me...?"

And then the mortals suddenly vanish from around him and the world turns upside down...

---

[Upper Atmosphere - now]

Kami floats, arms and legs crossed, in the near-vacuum of near-space, surrounded by a cloud of metal debris from his own body. When the Sun Kai reversed gravity, it allowed him to turn the tables just enough to push the orb before him and throw it away from himself once he was a safe distance from Earth. The orb is possibly still going, flying through space to who-knows-where. "Oh screw you, you know it's true", Kami remarks telepathically to the disembodied voice, then sighs. "Oh well. I suppose I had that one coming. Just answer me before you go: did you hear me calling for you? Or did you choose to do that on your own?"

---

[Forest - now]

The nine crows which took flight earlier fled at the sight of the Spirit Bomb. The last remaining crow flies through the forest and sits on Shanakan's shoulder. "Caw?", it asks.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

[Upper Atmosphere - now]

Kami floats, arms and legs crossed, in the near-vacuum of near-space, surrounded by a cloud of metal debris from his own body. When the Sun Kai reversed gravity, it allowed him to turn the tables just enough to push the orb before him and throw it away from himself once he was a safe distance from Earth. The orb is possibly still going, flying through space to who-knows-where. "Oh screw you, you know it's true", Kami remarks telepathically to the disembodied voice, then sighs. "Oh well. I suppose I had that one coming. Just answer me before you go: did you hear me calling for you? Or did you choose to do that on your own?"
    "Does it matter? I heard you yes. But whether or not I did it because you asked is an entirely different matter. I did my job, which was to keep the Solar System in working order. Earth not being there would certainly go against that. Does it really matter the reason why the job was done just as so long as it was? Now if you'll excuse me, I have to speak to this golden bug guy."
    He then jumps into a beam of light again.

The Lookout
    He arrives on the beam of light again, landing and walking over Oxyribo.
    "Hello, and as for what happened, well the android girl threw the bomb, the cat did some weird technique that saved your lives, then I reversed gravity to make sure the Spirit Bomb didn't destroy the world. Your welcome. As for Kami he is currently orbiting the planet in the upper atmosphere, unable to fly down, at least for a while. I recommend that whatever business you have here, that you conclude while you can and be on your way, before he eventually comes back.

and please if you really desire to take issue with him again, I advise doing so when your a lot stronger. He has seen and done much, and if that had gone on any longer, you would've all died for sure. Now, any questions I must answer before I go and resume my usual duties on the sun?"

The Forest
    Android 22 flies down to 23, who is still lying there, with sparks periodically making little bursts across her body.
    "Why....why did you that!? Do you know how worried I am!?"
    "I was protecting you."
    "But how was I supposed to protect you!? We can't lose each other again!"
    "You sacrificed yourself for me, I was doing the same for you."
    "You idiot! Why did you do that!?"
    "Why did you stand in the way of Android 21?"
    "BECAUSE I WANTED YOU TO LIVE!"
    "Right back at ya!"
    They both stared at each other with worried eyes for a moment.
    "It hurts for you to move, doesn't it?"
    "Yep."
    Android 22 picks up 23 by the shoulder and carries her with her arm around her, flying to Shanakan.
    "Reckless, reckless reckless.....your lucky I love you."
    "Love you to."
    She then shoos off the crow.
    "G'wan! Get! He is not food!"
    She deposits 23 up at the Lookout and then flies down and carries Shanakan up as well.

The Lookout
    23 sits, unmoving.
    "Ok. Lesson for you all: Kaio-Ken is a dangerous technique. I'm not going to teach it, and I think thats the last time I'm ever going to use it. Oxy can only use it so often because he can regenerate. According to my archives, anyone else can end up hospitalized. I'm gonna have to come up with a different way for boosts of power like that.....why I am sparking all over?"

7. - Top - End - #247

Oxy sits up

1: You're not the one that ratted us out to the time patrol, are you?

2: Is there something I could bribe you with that would encourage you to offer lessons on the sun powers I may or may not have gained when I ate your kid? Not now, but soon.

3: Statement, I'm not sure if I'm biologically capable of dying if there's anything left of me.

Oxy falls back down with another, small thud.

Then he sits back up, again.

Any clue why I was able to sense his Ki in his godly form? Because I thought only gods could do that, and the last time I checked "God-King" was just a title.

Oxy lays back under his own power this time, so no thud.

Meanwhile, Ieez is searching through the lookout for Kami's stash of senzu.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-07-24 at 06:59 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Iris remains trapped by Kami's transferred memories as the Spirirt Bomb descends and during the Alliance's little trip to the outside of reality. Even if she was only exposed for a moment, the sheer intensity and depth of the memories dwarfed Iris' own. Iris was never the best at moving on from her own memories, and Kami gave Iris a moment in which she was filled with over a century of memories consisting of nothing but pain.

...Mind...

But pain was something Iris was very, very familiar with.

...Of...

Kami's influence began to fade...

Steel.

...While Iris' memories reasserted themselves. It was slow, but Iris eventually stood back up and shook off what Kami did. Still, Iris retained the memories. Memories don't just disappear over a few minutes but as long as Iris didn't think about them, didn't try to remember, the memories were just that: memories. They couldn't hurt the triclops unless she let them. Or unless some other telepath forced her to remember, but that wasn't an issue for now. Iris' vision cleared, her senses returned. She quickly wiped away the blood on her hands and face before taking in her surroundings.

"What...? Where is? Did we win?"

Iris stopped and listened to the others talking, nodding to herself as she pieced together the details of their victory. Good, they had won. Seeing Oxy's prone and near limbless form, Iris briskly walks over and sits down by him.

"Hold still. Focus on my voice."

Can't heal him, but I can at least do this.

Iris takes Oxy's hand (or leg, or tail, or what limb he's got left), closes her eyes, and transfers most of the energy she had left in her into him. It's not much, but should be enough to relieve some of the pain and depending on how much energy Oxy himself has left, perhaps enough to regenerate a limb or close some of his wounds.

"Little bit of Triclops wisdom for you: "pain is but a choice, and it can be denied". Stay strong, you'll be fine."
    Just "John" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #249

Little bit of future wisdom, don't waste your energy by giving it to the guy who almost never runs out...

Unfortunately, it's the strain from using KaiokenX4 that's making it so hard for oxy to regenerate right now, not a lack of enrgy, so while touching, the gesture was ultimately pointless.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Callins moves next to Oxy, not really sure how to deal with the events. he places a hand on Oxy's shoulder.

How does that Earth saying go. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. In other words Oxy thank her for the gesture, she was trying to help you.

Aspa on the other while suffering some major wounds was angry not having finished off Kami, she was fuming as she launched ki blast after Ki blast into the air.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

[Upper atmosphere]

Does it matter if Sun Kai heard Kami? Sure it does. And Kami knowing he did matters too. Sunny-boy might not appreciate this historical moment, but this is proof they can see eye-to-eye at least about something. Kami would smile, if his current form wasn't physically incapable of doing so.

So, Kami enters hibernation. His body may be trapped up here, but he can still project himself astrally across the globe. He can't fix his lookout that way, but he can visit Yenma, and there's never shortage of lost souls to guide to afterlife.

---

[Lookout]

While Ieez is lucky enough to at least know what the beans look like, trying to guess where Kami might keep them stored is a crapshoot. He might as well be looking for a needle in a haystack. He might want to ask some help from, say, Callin or the villagers.

((OOC: I'm willing to play a bunch of villagers, but my phone is running out of juice so you'll have to wait a few hours.))

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    No. I was never good at sensing enrgy-just the basics of it really, enough to tell when an opponent is getting stronger. In the hindsight that death affords me, that's probably something I should have trained to overcome and HOLY JANK WHAT IS THAT!
    Artic jumped at this sudden spike in power. It might as well be Hailing from what he could see.

Er, we should check it out. See if someone didn't accidentally blow up the planet. With or without his father, Artic flies to the source of those power-spikes.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, it's the strain from using KaiokenX4 that's making it so hard for oxy to regenerate right now, not a lack of enrgy, so while touching, the gesture was ultimately pointless.
    "hah! See I knew it! look at you, even you have difficulties with Kaio-Ken! I tell you, this technique....I don't think its worth it. All it really seems to be is taking out the stops on your power from tearing your own body apart from not having enough training to handle the sudden boost in power you have. Its not a transformation because those change your body to match the ki you get.

We need to find a better super-mode kind of thing. If I remember anything about the body, its not a perfect machine. it can wear out. and Kaio-Ken abuses the body beyond its limits....which I'm pretty sure could have long term consequences if used too much. Everyone may be able to do it in your time....but I bet that they don't use it like you do: all the time without consideration. I think its better off as a last-resort technique. Something for only when your desperate."

She looks at Callins.
    "Oy. I think you'll need to have a look at me....I'm worried that doing that stunt with the Kaio-Ken may have damaged my cybernetics somehow....and I'm not sure if healing technique or Senzu beans covers technological marvels."

Edit:
    Oxy sits up

1: You're not the one that ratted us out to the time patrol, are you?

2: Is there something I could bribe you with that would encourage you to offer lessons on the sun powers I may or may not have gained when I ate your kid? Not now, but soon.

3: Statement, I'm not sure if I'm biologically capable of dying if there's anything left of me.

"1. The Time Patrol has approached you? I didn't know that. So no.

2. I didn't teach him any of that. I sent him to Earth so that he may live with other people, like you guys. Living alone on the sun is no way to raise a child. The fact that he figured out how to do all that was his own ingenuity and dedication.

3. Kami has claimed to have fought at least one being greater than me, and far greater than you. I have no doubt that he could find a way."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-07-24 at 03:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Artic jumped at this sudden spike in power. It might as well be Hailing from what he could see.

Er, we should check it out. See if someone didn't accidentally blow up the planet. With or without his father, Artic flies to the source of those power-spikes.
    Slusya flies after, deciding to spend what little time he has left with one of his sons... And hoping that he won't meet his other once he's back to the other side...
    "hah! See I knew it! look at you, even you have difficulties with Kaio-Ken! I tell you, this technique....I don't think its worth it. All it really seems to be is taking out the stops on your power from tearing your own body apart from not having enough training to handle the sudden boost in power you have. Its not a transformation because those change your body to match the ki you get.

We need to find a better super-mode kind of thing. If I remember anything about the body, its not a perfect machine. it can wear out. and Kaio-Ken abuses the body beyond its limits....which I'm pretty sure could have long term consequences if used too much. Everyone may be able to do it in your time....but I bet that they don't use it like you do: all the time without consideration. I think its better off as a last-resort technique. Something for only when your desperate."
    1: Kaioken isnt a super mode, it's a technique.

2: I only had problems becuase I wasn't conditioned to using it on that level, I need more practice

3:Good luck finding a new supermade. Last time I checked, humans didn't have one... Though, I suppose, it's possible that they do and no one's ever found the trigger for it...

In the age one thousand, Majin, Namekian, and Saiyan Descended humans sometimes use the dragonballs to bypass the need for a trigger on their transformation skill... Perhaps, if humans have a transformation or similar ability, you could unlock it with the Dragonballs? I mean, unless it takes months of dedicated training or something. Dragon can't do anything about that. There was an Frieza Clansman who went by the name Black Ice, in the RP Army. Wasn't based in the lab/fortress I was, but I have a bit of infor about him since he was one of my donors. Aparently, he gathered a set once and tried to wish for access to the Ultimate Evolution form but Shenron couldn't grant it. While he was trying to come up with a back up wish, the Time Patrol showed up, one of the members sniped his wish and became a super saiyan, and then they killed him.
    "1. The Time Patrol has approached you? I didn't know that. So no.

2. I didn't teach him any of that. I sent him to Earth so that he may live with other people, like you guys. Living alone on the sun is no way to raise a child. The fact that he figured out how to do all that was his own ingenuity and dedication.

3. Kami has claimed to have fought at least one being greater than me, and far greater than you. I have no doubt that he could find a way."
    1: Duly noted

2: Had to ask

3: My prototype is on record as having regenerated when he only had a single cell left. I don't think cells have even been discovered on this planet yet.

Meanwhile, Ieez is no looking for someone who might be able to help him find the senzus
    Spoiler: Meanwhile, in the woods with Pokasuu
    Show
    Pokasuu has found her way to a strange hut in the middle of the woods. This is where she's been getting the pully feeling from.

She knocks on the door, and the door opens.

The little girl in the hooded robe opens the door and looks her over.

"You must be the one I called. Please, come in, and be quite"

Confused, the Majin enters.

Inside, it's a hut.. One room, there's a wood stove over there, a table over there, a cabinet over there, and a bed in the corner. In the bed is a small and impossibly old woman, asleep, but fitfully.

The little girl takes off her robe. Underneath, she has pink hair, red eyes, pointed ears, overly pointy canine teeth, a pair of batlike wings, and a spaded tail. She's wearing a black leather skirt that's' slightly too long for a girl her size and black silk long sleeved blouse.

You're a demon, aren't you?

yes.

You aren't planning to steal my soul, are you?

no.

Could you please explain what's going on?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-07-24 at 07:12 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Slusya flies after, deciding to spend what little time he has left with one of his sons... And hoping that he won't meet his other once he's back to the other side...

1: Kaioken isnt a super mode, it's a technique.

2: I only had problems becuase I wasn't conditioned to using it on that level, I need more practice

3:Good luck finding a new supermade. Last time I checked, humans didn't have one... Though, I suppose, it's possible that they do and no one's ever found the trigger for it...

In the age one thousand, Majin, Namekian, and Saiyan Descended humans sometimes use the dragonballs to bypass the need for a trigger on their transformation skill... Perhaps, if humans have a transformation or similar ability, you could unlock it with the Dragonballs? I mean, unless it takes months of dedicated training or something. Dragon can't do anything about that. There was an Frieza Clansman who went by the name Black Ice, in the RP Army. Wasn't based in the lab/fortress I was, but I have a bit of infor about him since he was one of my donors. Aparently, he gathered a set once and tried to wish for access to the Ultimate Evolution form but Shenron couldn't grant it. While he was trying to come up with a back up wish, the Time Patrol showed up, one of the members sniped his wish and became a super saiyan, and then they killed him.
    "1. Still dangerous to anyone thats not you. We need alternatives.

2. Kay. Alright. I bet you, that I will do the one thing that all the humans in your fancy Age 1000 couldn't: find the Human super mode. I'm serious, I'll do it.

....Yet not once did any pure human ever think of to wish for the pure human transformation or whatever? Despite being surrounded by a bunch of races that could do it themselves? I find that hard to believe. I mean, thats what, about 200 years of potential wishes to Shenron? plus five other dragons?Meaning that the possibility of a human wishing for that would go up over time, especially as more human fighters joined the fight against evil. Meaning I think? I don't think it can be granted. I think the only way to achieve it is if I search for it myself.

Also that idiot should've just wished for immortality right then and there as his backup."

16. - Top - End - #256

All six terrestrial sets of dragon balls are tied to Shenron.

It's just, each set has a bit more power to work with.

And no, I'm not sure how Kami-sama... My time's Kami-sama, was able to pull that off.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Little bit of future wisdom, don't waste your energy by giving it to the guy who almost never runs out...

Iris responds with very obvious sarcasm.

"Gee Iris, thanks for trying to help me. Sorry I decided to tear my body apart and then put all of my very sliceable limbs within reach of the master knife fighter, it's just that my raging ego demanded that I be the one to take down the strong guy."

"That's okay Oxy, as long as you've learned your lesson about relying on your allies and not using suicidal tactics as your first resort."

As the conversation continues and goes to the Dragon Balls, Iris remembers the question she had wanted answered when she came to the lookout.

"Okay, seriously, triclops is lost. What the damn hell is a Dragon Ball?"
    Just "John" is fine.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    As the conversation continues and goes to the Dragon Balls, Iris remembers the question she had wanted answered when she came to the lookout.

"Okay, seriously, triclops is lost. What the damn hell is a Dragon Ball?"
    "....Oh right....we never told you...."
    "Oh!! I'll answer! Dragon Balls are basically seven orange orbs with stars in them, that when all gathered together, you summon a dragon from them, and then you get to make a wish! That wish then comes true. You may laugh but...I am only here because Callins made a set and wished me to come here from the future!

And basically they can grant almost any wish! They are very powerful and important like that."

"Yeah, guess we forget to tell you because knowledge of seven orbs that can literally recreate entire worlds and bring people back from the dead and such is the kind of thing you don't go blabbing about randomly. Thats super-weapon levels of hush-hush. But I think we can trust you with the knowledge of their existence. Your already in deep enough as it is. Hell, the entire reason this is all happening, could arguably be happening because of the Dragon Balls, if you think about it..."
    She turns her head to Oxy.
    "and what, no doubt about my declaration? Not even a bit of skepticism? You disappoint me Oxy."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-07-25 at 12:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

When you all are ready we can cool off at what is becoming our base of operations my home. In the mean time I am going to go calm down my other half. Aspa was still fuming, she even was shooting mouth ki blasts as if she was Oozaru while still in human form. Callins went over to her.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm. I wish we could stick around long enough to get some Senzu beans for planting purposes, but I also want to ask Slushie about strategical questions about the Arcosian Empire. Important things that could help in the future. But on the third hand, I think the damage I've sustained merits Callins attentions when we get to Callins ship. I'm not exactly sure what, but I'm pretty sure the warning signs in my eye and the sparks aren't just for show.

So, Ieez, do you think your father knows anything you do not that will be useful? We have only one day for someone like him to be useful. We should probably get all the use we can."

"23, you should be trying to rest, not figure out what we're going to do next...."
    "I always try to figure our next move 22, its just what I do. An injury doesn't change that."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Callins moves to 23, " doctors orders go to the ship and rest till I show up. 22 make sure she listens."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

"Aaaaaaaww.....I wanted to ask him some questions."
    23 complains as she is picked up by 22 in both arms, bridal style.
    "...But seriously! Ieez! Ask him stuff, whatever you can! get it in writing! Important!"
    "Shush! no more out of you! Doctors orders!"
    She says as 22 flies off.

Sun Kai looks at the flying Androids, then back at the group, eyebrow raised.
    "So....does she just act like she is the leader of your group or...?"

23. - Top - End - #263

"....Oh right....we never told you...."
    "Oh!! I'll answer! Dragon Balls are basically seven orange orbs with stars in them, that when all gathered together, you summon a dragon from them, and then you get to make a wish! That wish then comes true. You may laugh but...I am only here because Callins made a set and wished me to come here from the future!

And basically they can grant almost any wish! They are very powerful and important like that."

"Yeah, guess we forget to tell you because knowledge of seven orbs that can literally recreate entire worlds and bring people back from the dead and such is the kind of thing you don't go blabbing about randomly. Thats super-weapon levels of hush-hush. But I think we can trust you with the knowledge of their existence. Your already in deep enough as it is. Hell, the entire reason this is all happening, could arguably be happening because of the Dragon Balls, if you think about it..."
    She turns her head to Oxy.
    However, the turn to stone for a year after each wish.

Callins and I are probably the two most knowledgeable people about the Dragonballs-Callins because he made a set, and me because I could create a set.

"and what, no doubt about my declaration? Not even a bit of skepticism? You disappoint me Oxy."
    Why would I be skeptical? It's good to have goals.

Though to be honest, you might have an easier time becoming a deity. At least that has precedent.

Though I think I've got a decent head start over you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    When you all are ready we can cool off at what is becoming our base of operations my home. In the mean time I am going to go calm down my other half. Aspa was still fuming, she even was shooting mouth ki blasts as if she was Oozaru while still in human form. Callins went over to her.
    We'll be ready faster if someone can find Kami's stash of senzu. The Frieza clansman with the scouter went in to get some, but...

Where's the Majin?

[With the Majin]

After a quick explanation, the Majin nodded, promising she'd try to help. Then the old woman in the bed woke up suddenly.

A quick confession from the young looking demon, and the old woman's hand was on the Majin's head. A look of insight, and an explanation.

I-I know I promised to help you, but, but I-i don't know if I can do that.

I need to think it over, okay granny? Even if I can't, I'll still try to help. Promise.

I won't force you.*cough cough hack wheeze" Even if I could. but please, whatever choice you make, make it quickly.

The majin leaves, and begins flying back to the others.

[Back at the Lookout]

Ieez comes back out.

I'm going to need help finding the Senzu beans.
    No clue.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-07-25 at 02:29 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Iris shrugs and starts counting off the other members on her fingers.
    "22's too soft, Callins lacks the initiative, Pokasuu's too naïve, Shanakan's too quiet, the Arcosians can't command trust, Oxy's still too egotistical, I'm far too emotional, and Aspa's too aggressive. 23's stepped up and taken the initiative to mediate disputes and remains on good terms with everyone else. In this group, that's enough."
    Just "John" is fine.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

[At the lookout]

The villagers were afraid of going out from the get-go, but when Iris's punch broke their windows, they fled to huddle under beds and tables. They're not quite sure why those foreigners risked angering Kami, but surely nothing good can come out of it.

Now, however, it's been completely silent for a long while. The villagers are starting to wonder what happened. Men of the village, heads of their families, are walking out to take a look around. One of them notices Ieez and walks up a set of wooden stairs to get up to him

"Um, good day, sir. You need help? Are you... are you one of those who fought with Kami-sama?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"....Your all one of those eccentric rag-tag fighter groups who go around making trouble, fighting evil and giving authority figures headaches all for the sake of some crazy goal no normal person would ever consider trying, aren't you? Normally I'd criticize your kind of people for being so unreliable and full of dysfunctions, but the way people like you always get results just makes me remember that is why the Time Patrol is full of nothing but people like you. Like their recruiting policy is literally gathering whoever they can across space and time who seems competent and good and throwing them together with other people without any consideration of who they are....yet it always seems to work."
    He shakes his head. There is a reason why he loved working on a sun in a remote system far away from the rest of galactic civilization: Less hectic. More peaceful and less likely to have ships flying about and ki fighters blowing things up and making his job harder. Yet even here, he got stuck with a grumpy Kami who did nothing but go around having adventures in his youth that led to him fighting beings far beyond his station, and now nine people from random places in time and space who could barely get along with each other. Why him? The only thing worse than a rag-tag lot like these people (aside from various villains) was Lord Beerus coming by for inspection, and we all know how that song and dance goes.
    "Anyways I've been away from my post long enough. I have to go make sure that some asteroid hasn't gone off course or something, or that I haven't forgotten to file something important. Going back to the sun, pray if you spot a black hole heading our way or an asteroid that I didn't pick up, I have protocols to protect you all from those things, Sun Kai.....out!"
    He jumps into a beam of light and zips back to the sun to resume his duties.

27. - Top - End - #267

[At the lookout]

The villagers were afraid of going out from the get-go, but when Iris's punch broke their windows, they fled to huddle under beds and tables. They're not quite sure why those foreigners risked angering Kami, but surely nothing good can come out of it.

Now, however, it's been completely silent for a long while. The villagers are starting to wonder what happened. Men of the village, heads of their families, are walking out to take a look around. One of them notices Ieez and walks up a set of wooden stairs to get up to him

"Um, good day, sir. You need help? Are you... are you one of those who fought with Kami-sama?"
    I was with the one's who fought with Kami.

Incidentally, you are no longer enslaved, as Kami lost that fight.

Though on that manner, I can assume that he employed you all in repairing his palace. Do you, or another here, know where he may have kept a store of magic beans that heal the injured when eaten?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

"Um, thanks, I guess", the man says, scratching his head. "Magic beans? I'm not quite sure if... hold on! Yes, I've heard of those! But... I don't know if... would you please follow me? I think our village elder can help you better."

29. - Top - End - #269

Ieez follows the villager.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

The villager leads Ieez to large, two story wooden building. They find the elder in the hall of records, picking up books which were knocked down by the shock from Iris's and arranging them back on the shelf.

The elder is an old woman, her face and hands wrinkled and her long hair bleached by time, but she still stands upright and her dark eyes are still bright.

The villager murmurs to her about what Ieez said. "Magic beans?", she asks, her eyes narrowing. "Yes, I know that tale." The elder searches the shelf for a certain book, flips to the right page, reads for a moment and harumphs.

She discusses with the male villager briefly and then sends him off to look for someone. Then she turns to Ieez.

"I think we can find your beans. But I have to ask you: how much do you know about the man you're dealing with? Kami, that is?"