New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Stone Form... duration?

What's the duration of the Stone Form wild feat from Races of Stone? It's not said in the feat's description. Is there any general ruling regarding the duration of wild feats I'm overlooking?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

smile Re: Stone Form... duration?

Intent is clearly for as long as your wildshape normally lasts.

RAW: Forever!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Stone Form... duration?

I'm somewhat inclined to think that that interpretation actually is the RAW one. Unlike most wild feats, where this is just an ability being granted, the special section indicates that stone form is handing you a fully fledged form, adding onto the normal wild shape form list. This is also supported by the description text, which unlike that of most wild feats, states that you are using wild shape rather than just spending it. Thus, as you're just using wild shape, stone form inherits the duration of wild shape. Unfortunately, as is typical of wild feats, stone form seems pretty crappy even if you get indefinite duration out of it.
    Last edited by eggynack; 2015-07-01 at 02:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Stone Form... duration?

That, combined with the Stonespeaker Guardian class, means that's a +9 bonus to natural armor for hours... Not too shabby, you know. I just don't get the bonus against poison if druids get immune to poison eventually.