New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Foxside: The Temple of Inari 53 - The New Fluffy Overlords

The Temple is located in the city of Inside, at the corner of Cherry Blossom Street and Weeping Willow Drive, four blocks off of 27th Street. The address is:

Temple of Inari
    6 Cherry Blossom Street
    Inside, Nexus 00001-0001

You have entered the temple of Inari, in her capacity as the Goddess of Foxes.

You walk down an elegant white gravel pathway between full-grown pines. Stone lanterns provide a pure white light to the path, while casting elegant shadows among the trees.

At the end of the pathway, a bright red gate stands. A large fox carved from white alabaster gleams at each side of the gate. As you pass between the foxes and through the gate, you feel the presence of the goddess. Gentle and caring, but mischievous and lighthearted, you are never quite certain what will happen.

Past the exquisite formal gardens, you finally step into the pagoda itself. There, at the end of chamber is a raised dais. There rests a statue of a beautiful vulpine woman, flanked by two snow-white celestial foxes. Offerings of rice and incense stand before the statue.

In a niche off to the right side of the door sits a Fox-Cola vending machine. Next to the coin slot, the sign reads "10 cp".

To the left side of the door is a magic mirror. This mirror is actually a portal to Trog's Tavern.

Profile for Inari
    Spoiler
    Show

Alignment Chaotic Good
    Primary Domains Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing
    Secondary Domains Magic, Sun, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
    Forbidden Domains Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction
    Priest Granted Powers
    Rice Paddy Once per day. As Entangle, but the ground changes to knee-deep mud, and instead of creepers, mature rice plants twist and writhe to grapple anything in the area.
    Sushi Bar Once per day. You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.
    Summon Celestial Fox Special. You summon an image of Myobi (if you are a priestess) or Myobu (if you are a priest). The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

Inari is the goddess of rice: The plant itself. The cultivation of it. The products made from it. She has countless billions of worshipers spread across the various planes of existence. Foxes are her children. Inari created foxes to watch over the grain and eat the birds and rodents that would destroy the sacred plant. Kitsune are her especial messengers: sacred foxes endowed with the ability to take on human or elvish form. Inari is an agricultural and racial goddess. She is concerned predominantly with nurturing and growth. She is good, but it is the quiet good of the countryside rather than the formalized good of high society. We don't go on crusades. We don't try to win converts or convince people to change their beliefs. We don't really feel a conflict with "evil" beings at all, unless they threaten us directly. Finally, since rice is a critical component in many economies across the multiverse, she is revered as a goddess of wealth and prosperity as well.

The worship of Inari is mostly personal. The sanctuary is open for prayer and meditation as you feel led. There is a small ceremony at dawn every day, where the main sacred fires are lit. There is a celebration at the full of the moon each month, and a quiet time of prayer at the dark of the moon. There are major ceremonies and holidays at the times of rice planting, transplanting, and harvest. The fox festival is held at the time when the wild cousins give birth. We feed them a special treat made with rice wrapped in fried bean curds. Otherwise, the temple does not hold regular formal services.

Inari is not overly fond of ceremony: for it is not ceremony that will lead you to enlightenment.

All things have a spirit, and the spirit is in all things. But this perception is dulled by the impurities of physical life, and you fail to reach your true potential due to this. It is therefore in your best interest that you seek for purity in your emotions and your mind; for through that purity, your spirit may shine through. Ceremony is of limited value because the quest for purity begins and ends with your inner self. This is why the main altar generally houses a mirror, not a statue, on the altar.

The state of purity is difficult to explain, because it does not mean the same thing to everyone. Only by meditating on your spiritual state can you learn what things hinder you personally. An earnest, honest, open heart is needed for this. The goddess, who can read your very being, can help with this: but it is a private matter between you and her. Therefore we provide a quiet setting: a peaceful sanctuary free from distracting clutter, a quiet garden where you can relax your mind, a serene place where it is easier to distance your true self from your physical self and focus on what needs to be. One more thing: purity is not merely a matter of eliminating that which is "bad". It is also a task of strengthening which is "good". Your task may be to grow in an area of yourself that you have neglected, or imperfectly developed. Regardless of the details, when you know what needs to be done we provide the support, council, and assistance to help you do it.

Profile for Tamamo
    Spoiler
    Show

Alignment Chaotic Good
    Primary Domains Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing, Shadow
    Secondary Domains Magic, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
    Forbidden Domains Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction
    Priest Granted Powers
    Darkness Once per day.
    Speak with Shadows You can speak with creatures from the Plane of Shadows
    Sushi Bar Once per day. You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.
    Summon Celestial Fox Special. You summon an image of one of the Ninetails. The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

<Work in Progress... please stand by>

Temple Facilities
    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Interior wide-angle shot
    Spoiler
    Show

Everything but the Sanctuary and Garden has Dimensional Lock. The entire facility is Hallowed as per the spell with the Bless effect. A permanent Flame Quench (the reversed form of the 2nd edition Fire Storm spell) is on in a quiescent form on all the buildings. It can be triggered by any full priest.

- Sanctuary: the main sanctuary has the altar. This is where you must pray to speak to the goddess directly. There is a general magic circle in the center of the room.

- Meditation Gardens: accessed through a door at the far end of the sanctuary. This is a standard zen garden with raked gravle, shady nooks, picturesque pines, stone lanterns, and small intricate bridges. An artifical stream hosts large koi, and a grand cherry tree resides on a picturesque island in the middle of a good sized pond.

- Priest's Quarters: accessed by going down the stairs "halfway down the sanctuary, to the right"

Priestly Ranks
    Spoiler
    Show

The relative power and abilities of priests are driven by their talent, learning, experience, and gifts. The rank of a priest can be recognized most quickly by looking at their robes: the combination of main color and trim uniquely identifies each rank. The following chart summarizes the current ranks.
    Update: Each rank spans two D20 system experience levels instead of the former "three with an error".

Current Staff

Caroline Primerra (Fenric)
    Helen Avery (firedaemon33)
    Steven Linde (Lord Deathkeeper)
    Arlem Mersienne (Recaiden)
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-01-16 at 10:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 53

[Full Moon Party]

"I suppose you didn't kill me. You killed that other girl, to get at the darkness."
    Alkania glances at the boy.
    "Poor kid."

And walks off. Over closer to the stage, she won't be able to hear the nephil speak if she tries it again.

[Sanctuary]

"Silvery grey? If you think that is best."

Arlem gives a quick, determined nod, and thinks back. None of the colors are what he would describe as 'silvery grey'. She can't mean 6th rank, can she? Do the fox eyes see color differently than most? He has been cheating a bit with his senses, taking the best of many similar creatures, and he has gotten used to a more humanlike color-spectrum.

[Hospital]

Cleo also nods, slinging away the pipes, and following after Katsuo and the nurse.
    Not that she was invited, actually, but no one has tried to stop her yet.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 53 - The New Fluffy Overlords

Full Moon Party

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Hello. I've not been to one of these before; I haven't been to any large-scale party like this, in truth. So, what can I expect?" Her parents were influential enough in Riverside to go to parties like this, but they never took Emily and now they're dead so she can't ask their advice.
    Keiko grins

It's pretty laid back, but fun. Katrina somehow managed to book the band "Shadowyearning", and they just start playing their second song of the night. There's food, and drinks, and Myobi promised competitions but hasn't given any details yet. Otherwise, it's the usual social sort of thing: mingle, meet new people, catch up with folks you don't generally get a chance to hang out with, flirt with cute guys, that sort of thing. And since you don't smell familiar: hi! I'm Keiko no Mae, youngest of the Ninetails and Messenger of my sister, the goddess Tamamo no Mae! We share space at Inari's temple because she's our boss, but I used too much power out in the Hunting Grounds and got incarnated and they said I have to stay mortal so I can learn to behave better. But that doesn't matter, and it's been fun. I'd introduce you to Katrina, but she's away with some army thing and her tank that she likes so much.

Are you hungry?

[Sanctuary]

Myobi nods, casually reading the things that are not spoken

Yes: like Caroline's but without the dark trim. Sixth rank - it's hardly fair to make someone as experienced as you work through the progression, and pointless to just have you take magic tests when we already know you can pass them. But aside from the factors Felina mentioned earlier, we have a shortage of people able to cast proper resurrections and the stronger spells. Granted there has not been as much call lately...

[Hospital - Jinkei's Room]

Katsuo's worries, fears, and care all return now that the pipes are silent and he sees the disheveled form of Jinkei lying in the bed with bandages wrapped around her head.

Oh... my poor, poor little daughter.

He takes her hand

Father is here now, sweetheart. Everything will be allright.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Ruth nods. It's true, the kid doesn't deserve to hear of such things.

They walk over to Keiko, and Ruth bows. "Greetings, nine-tails. I met another nine-tails once. Say hi, Asher."

"H-hi!" The boy squeaks, a little hand reaching to touch her fur.

[Hospital]

On seeing Katsuo, she smiles. "You're father, right? I remember your musky scent." Her voice sounds slurred and weak. "I'm sorry for making you worried."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-02 at 04:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

[Sanctuary]

Myobi's going to jinx it, saying things like that. They'll need every resurrection they can manage, for some reason.
    "Thank you, Holy Myobi. That's very efficient of you. I'm glad to be able to help with these spells."

Hopefully Felina isn't upset with his jumping ahead.

[Hospital - Jinkei's Room]

Cleo feels a bit of relief seeing that Jinkei really is alive and able to speak.
    "Jinkei! You're awake. You're going to be all right."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    [Hospital]

The Wizard shrugs apologetically.

"Sorry man, the process usually rips up anything you're wearing." Marcus explains. "Yeah...and on another note, this'll probably hurt like hell. Fair warning."

The signomancer busies himself with arranging the proper ingredients. He takes the lizard nimbly out of the cage, taps an icon on his wrist and holds it over a funnel as it melts into one of the vials of ink. Afterward, he takes the encased eye and crushes it to drop the shards into a different vial of ink. Both vials glow intensely atop the table. Mark then refers to a couple of the books he'd produced, labeled "Alustriel's Advanced Abjurations" and "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Nine Hells". Keeping his eyes on the pages he'd set them to, hovering near him, he takes his staff and dips the bottom end into the now fluorescent orange liquid inside the first vial. The staff seems to almost suck the liquid into it, like an eyedropper. The mage circles around to the nude man's back, eyes still glued to the books.

"'Kay, brace yourself." The young man warns.

Marcus touches the bottom end of his staff to the Praetorian's skin and begins to etch the appropriate runework. The pain Marcus will likely feel will resemble his skin at the points of contact hardening and twisting the conform to the runes, like that of numbed skin in contact with a red-hot iron rod. Once he's done with the current type of ink, before Marcus gets used to the small break, he repeats the process with the glowing teal ink. After all's done, Regulus will have a very impressive and intricate runic array on his back, though it would look no different from your average black ink modern day tattoo.

"Whew! Alright take a minute to breathe." Mark says, wiping some sweat accumulated on his brow from the concentration. "Pain ought'a be gone in a couple seconds."

He gestures to Marcus's clothes with a nod and gathers his materials. Returning to the chair, he rubs his own head a bit.

"Right. So for starters, I can't heal; gods and their magic don't play nice with logic." The Wizard admits. "But! What I can do is mess with energies. I set up an energetic conversion array on your body-er, more like your essence. Extreme temperatures aren't gonna hurt you anymore, so long as you don't go blasting that off with more of your destruction rune shenanigans. Layman's terms: you're immune to fire and cold, in fact it'll pretty much recharge you. Even heal your wounds."

The Wizard chuckles.

"Hell, go take a nap in the snow of a fire pit, and you should be just about good t'go an catch up with your friends. Best part'a the deal is most demons use fire and supernatural cold as their primary magic. Get hit by something like that, and it'd juice you up, replenish your mana, or life source, same thing really when you boil it down."
    Hospital

Marcus smirks.
    Don't worry about it. I've been through worse...
    Seems his good humor is returning, slowly but surely, with the idea that he will soon be fighting fit once more.

The Runist observes all of the Wizard's actions, trying to keep up and failing miserably. No, he'd stick to his few Runes. Spellcraft and Potions were too much for this Scot.
    Once Runeheart is ready, he turns around grabs onto the bedframe, shoving some sheets between his teeth.
    Don't want to draw any nurses near...

Still, once the staff touches his back, it takes everything within the Praetorian's willpower not to jolt away. He's faced injury and the threat of death.
    But at least death is quick. This is slow...intricate...
    He tries to catch his breath, but it vanishes once more as the teal ink is applied.
    If Mark could read minds, all he would hear is internal screaming and swearing.
    If Marcus wasn't chewing cloth, his teeth would be ground to the gums.

After the ritual is complete, Regulus takes the time to collapse on the floor in the most dignified manner possible, only to pick himself up and get dressed.
    He'd admire the work more later.

Immune to fire and ice, for the most part? That will aid me greatly. I thank you, my friend.
    How ever can I repay you?
    He grits his teeth, still recovering from the tattoos.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Koi World]

She's a merchant, of course she's going to brag! But no, she didn't miss that: a small crystal vial on a fine golden chain holds a chip of water-stained wood.

Yes: a fragment of his first and original coffin - verified and verifiable by divination!
    So, you have a relic, are there claims about the power it might hold? She looks at it intently, it would be interesting to own, but she's not sure it would be worth it if it's a relic and wouldn't enhance her abilities.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Keiko grins at Ruth

Hi!

She doesn't seem to care about the little kid going to touch her fur.

Near the stage, Alkania ends up near Tsukiko of all people.

Hello.

[Sanctuary]

Myobi smiles

Yes: and with the party tonight, I would appreciate it if you would renew the fire protections first.

Felina is still way too addled to be upset about something like that - right now, it's just one more thing to be cherished. She may notice later... but it's honestly unlikely.

[Hospital]

Katsuo sniffles

Rest, my little girl... it doesn't sound like you should be talking quite yet.

[Koi World]

Valrijah shrugs

It's supposed to protect you from fear, and grant you courage, resolve, and enhanced endurance - especially in battle. Some minor damage reduction and resistance to disease.

she doesn't sound impressed, and apparently doesn't seem to think any of that is a particularly good selling point.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

"Woooow..." Asher gasps in wonder, enjoying the feel of Keiko's black fur. "I-it's so soft, momma!" He looks up at Keiko and beams.

"Where are my manners? You may call me Ruth. What do I call you, nine-tailed one?"

((Ruth should meet Caroline! ))

[Hospital]

"I smell... dragon."

Jinkei turns to Cleo and nods weakly. "Thank you, lady. I knew a dragon once. Can't remember much about her, though. Something about Keiko and coming to this place..."

The poor girl nods and smiles. "My head hurts, father. I really wanted to learn meditation quickly..." She's rambling a bit. "Was supposed to go clubbing with Katrina, too..."

Her eyes start to close. "Don't leave me... please?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Hospital

Marcus smirks.
    Don't worry about it. I've been through worse...
    Seems his good humor is returning, slowly but surely, with the idea that he will soon be fighting fit once more.

The Runist observes all of the Wizard's actions, trying to keep up and failing miserably. No, he'd stick to his few Runes. Spellcraft and Potions were too much for this Scot.
    Once Runeheart is ready, he turns around grabs onto the bedframe, shoving some sheets between his teeth.
    Don't want to draw any nurses near...

Still, once the staff touches his back, it takes everything within the Praetorian's willpower not to jolt away. He's faced injury and the threat of death.
    But at least death is quick. This is slow...intricate...
    He tries to catch his breath, but it vanishes once more as the teal ink is applied.
    If Mark could read minds, all he would hear is internal screaming and swearing.
    If Marcus wasn't chewing cloth, his teeth would be ground to the gums.

After the ritual is complete, Regulus takes the time to collapse on the floor in the most dignified manner possible, only to pick himself up and get dressed.
    He'd admire the work more later.

Immune to fire and ice, for the most part? That will aid me greatly. I thank you, my friend.
    How ever can I repay you?
    He grits his teeth, still recovering from the tattoos.
    [Hospital]

Mark listens to the man as he slowly settles down. At the Scot's observation, the mage shakes his head vehemently.

"Nah, man. Far more than immune. You can bathe comfortably in the arctic. Walk through a burning house and you'll see cuts heal up, and feel like running a marathon. Try to get frostbite, and it'll be like somebody pumping straight adrenaline into your system. That's powerful stuff I just carved into your essence. Not to mention it's always active." Marcus mulls over his staff for a second, inspecting it. "Oh right, that's not using any runes you're probably used to so I guess I should fill you in. 'Stuff's not like the 7 runes. Lots'a people know about and use this magic, so you aren't gonna be boosting it with your own life force. Figured I should give you the heads up. If anything, it ought'a help replenish it."

The Wizard gets up and wheels the chair back where it needs to be. A quick check is all it takes to make sure he hadn't left anything out.

"S'far as getting me back for any of this, I do have something in mind. We can talk more about it when you get out of all your business alive though. If you get ganked by demons, I dunno how much help you'll be in what I had planned." Runeheart says as he starts walking towards the door. Reaching the doorway, he looks back at the fellow runeworker. "You beat me remember? Don't go and die and give me a bad name. Kick some ass."

Seconds later, his outline ripples and he's vanished.

11. - Top - End - #11

[Full Moon Party]

"Hmm? Hi!"
    Alkania turns to the nine-tails and musters up a smile.

"Tsukiko, right?"

[Sanctuary]

"I will get to it right away, Holy Myobi."
    Which isn't quite immediately, he's got to meditate a while, given that he hasn't cast such a spell in...a long time. Before the war, must have been. But very soon.

[Hospital]

"You can get to all that when you're well, Jinkei."
    Has she truly forgotten Cleo, or is she just too addled to recall? Doesn't really matter now.
    "Just rest."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Full Moon Party:

A wizard's pointed hat and an Italian suit walk into a party riding on a meek-looking teenager with long black hair. Romeo Firé arrives at the Full Moon Party, only partly driven by the advertisements of food and entertainment. The temple was always one of those places he had been curious about but never had an excuse to visit.

He's also never been to party, which will make this a learning experience.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2015-07-02 at 07:13 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    [Hospital]

Mark listens to the man as he slowly settles down. At the Scot's observation, the mage shakes his head vehemently.

"Nah, man. Far more than immune. You can bathe comfortably in the arctic. Walk through a burning house and you'll see cuts heal up, and feel like running a marathon. Try to get frostbite, and it'll be like somebody pumping straight adrenaline into your system. That's powerful stuff I just carved into your essence. Not to mention it's always active." Marcus mulls over his staff for a second, inspecting it. "Oh right, that's not using any runes you're probably used to so I guess I should fill you in. 'Stuff's not like the 7 runes. Lots'a people know about and use this magic, so you aren't gonna be boosting it with your own life force. Figured I should give you the heads up. If anything, it ought'a help replenish it."

The Wizard gets up and wheels the chair back where it needs to be. A quick check is all it takes to make sure he hadn't left anything out.

"S'far as getting me back for any of this, I do have something in mind. We can talk more about it when you get out of all your business alive though. If you get ganked by demons, I dunno how much help you'll be in what I had planned." Runeheart says as he starts walking towards the door. Reaching the doorway, he looks back at the fellow runeworker. "You beat me remember? Don't go and die and give me a bad name. Kick some ass."

Seconds later, his outline ripples and he's vanished.
    Hospital

As much as he tries to suppress it, Marcus can't stop his eyes from widening in awe. Truly, Mark was a powerful Signomancer. It puts him to shame.
    Well, if I can really do all that, I don't much know how I can die, eh? He jokes.

Yeah, there are lots of ways for him to die, and they both know it. Doesn't really need saying.

Still, it's good to be back. Ass will most definitely be kicked.
    I'll call you when Vigil is demon free. Then we'll see about your plans. I'll be happy to help.

With Runeheart gone, Marcus Regulus dons his broken and beaten armor once more.
    He's left with but a breastplate and greaves. Anything he used to own was lost with the tower.
    It's of no matter though, for his sword is sharp and fresh runes have been engraved on all of his equipment, including himself.

He makes sure to find and thank Felina before leaving. Without her, he'd be dead.

Once his goodbyes are said, it's off to Trog's.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Romeo is greeted by a "priest" in Tamamo's dark fifth-rank robes with an elegant black katana belted at his side. He's a black-furred Vulpan, and while Romeo might not have experience with them, the voice should peg him at mid-twenties.
    "Good evening and welcome. Can I show you anything?" he offers, more out of conversation than formality.

Steven really is a priest, but it was more out of necessity than anything else. Can't skip ranks after all. It would just be rude. He still really doesn't think of himself as one. He's sort of helping run this party, and the responsibility is a nice distraction from his six hobbies and projects.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Keiko grins

I'm Keiko no Mae, youngest of the Ninetails and Messenger of my sister, the goddess Tamamo no Mae. He's cute: is he yours?

----

Tsukiko nods

Yes, that's right. You remind me of a girl named Leah, are you related?

[Somewhere]

Felina smiles and accepts Marcus's thanks and assures him that that is why the temple is there.

[Hospital]

Katsuo nods and pulls over a chair

I certainly am not about to go anywhere, dear daughter.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Ruth merely smiles. "Nice to meet you, Keiko. I'm a goddess, myself, a goddess of light and all associated with it, literal or symbolic. I assure you my presence in a temple isn't to start trouble, I'm here so my son can have fun." Yes, he's hers.

The boy, having decided that he likes Keiko, looks to his mother pleadingly. When she nods in approval, he raises his hands up towards Keiko, wanting to be carried.

[Hospital]

Jinkei smiles weakly and drifts off to sleep. When she wakes up next, she should be much more coherent.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Full Moon Party

Romeo is greeted by a "priest" in Tamamo's dark fifth-rank robes with an elegant black katana belted at his side. He's a black-furred Vulpan, and while Romeo might not have experience with them, the voice should peg him at mid-twenties.
    "Good evening and welcome. Can I show you anything?" he offers, more out of conversation than formality.

Steven really is a priest, but it was more out of necessity than anything else. Can't skip ranks after all. It would just be rude. He still really doesn't think of himself as one. He's sort of helping run this party, and the responsibility is a nice distraction from his six hobbies and projects.
    Full Moon Party:

"I wouldnt exactly know," Romeo admits. "I came to see the party and the temple, but I don't know much about either."

"Umm... Food?" he asks. The advert did say food, though it didn't say free so he's hopefully prepared.

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

"An excellent starting point!" says Steven, leading Romeo to the banquet tables.
    "Please, help yourself. Though you must forgive us if you're a fan of wine. It's more than a little toxic to us, so we're not really connoisseurs. Also, the things that look like mice actually are mice. You won't offend anyone if you avoid those." he says, in a dismissive tone that says exactly what he thinks of this customary dish, if his rolling eyes didn't communicate it well enough .
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-07-02 at 08:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

[Full Moon Party]

Alkania nods. "She's my sister, sort of."
    "Aren't you a goddess? Why do you come all the way down for this party. I mean, not that it's a bard party, I don't think."

A small red-headed human-like (Arkangel, standing only 3'11" without hir powered armor) sweeps by, filling up a little party plate with mice.
    "Don't you think you ought to at least try one? They're delicious, really." Shi sounds completely earnest.
    Thankfully, no giant earth newts are in attendance.

[Various Places]

The latest no-longer-an-acolyte goes from building to building, repeating the fire-proofing prayers. Not going to have anything burned down at this month's party.

[Hospital]

Cleo sighs, but also sets in to wait for Jinkei to awaken. In case she does remember.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-07-02 at 09:07 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Full Moon Party

"An excellent starting point!" says Steven, leading Romeo to the banquet tables.
    "Please, help yourself. Though you must forgive us if you're a fan of wine. It's more than a little toxic to us, so we're not really connoisseurs. Also, the things that look like mice actually are mice. You won't offend anyone if you avoid those." he says, in a dismissive tone that says exactly what he thinks of this customary dish, if his rolling eyes didn't communicate it well enough .
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Full Moon Party]

A small red-headed human-like (Arkangel, standing only 3'11" without hir powered armor) sweeps by, filling up a little party plate with mice.
    "Don't you think you ought to at least try one? They're delicious, really." Shi sounds completely earnest.
    Thankfully, no giant earth newts are in attendance.
    Full Moon Party:

"I'll start with non-mice food, but I'll get back to that," Romeo says, not sure if he's lying yet. "Does, uh... Does this temple often hold parties like this? The music feels very different from what I'd expect at a church."

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Steven nods cheerily.
    "Of course. It's the Full Moon party. Properly, it's done every full moon, but the Temple has been busy enough that they haven't been big public events as often recently. Which is a shame, because these nighttime events are one of the few times my people get to get more of the spotlight." he says proudly, scanning the room for the busy Tamamo acolytes.
    "And hello, Arkangel. Been well since last we met?"
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-07-02 at 09:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Koi World]

Valrijah shrugs

It's supposed to protect you from fear, and grant you courage, resolve, and enhanced endurance - especially in battle. Some minor damage reduction and resistance to disease.

she doesn't sound impressed, and apparently doesn't seem to think any of that is a particularly good selling point.
    Thecla replies with, I'll be sure to keep that in mind, anything else that might be of interest? Perhaps yes? Perhaps no? She might come back to it. In the meantime, her eyes are roving around the shop, looking with interest.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

23. - Top - End - #23

[Full Moon Party]

Arkangel nods.
    "'Erry month. The music's always like this. Great, isn't it?"

A greeting hand is raised to Steven.
    "Yah! Thanks again for saving me, ya know? The newt is doing great. 's two meters long by now. Winds is...he's always brooding, you know. I don't think he knows what to do wi' himself now that he's not inexorably hastening the end of existence with every passing moment."
    "How're you?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Tsukiko nods

Ah, nice to meet you.

then she smiles and shakes her head

No, no: I am only a Messenger, and I do have secondary responsibility for this temple until my older sister returns from her honeymoon - that should be soon: then she will be here until Steven is ready to take over someday.

----

Keiko bends down and scoops the little guy up. She's not worried: coming to the Temple on party night with the intention to cause trouble is a good way to spend the rest of eternity as a koi.

Hey there!

----

Felina arrives, perhaps with Arlem

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

"H-hi!" Asher squeaks out, then giggles in wonder. "Y-you're c-cute! Isn't she c-cute, momma?"

Ruth smiles and nods. All of nature is cute.

"Let's be f-friends!"

[Hospital Room]

A while later, Jinkei reopens her eyes and winces. She turns around to investigate her surroundings, seeing her father with a strange dragon in the room.

A hospital room. How did she end up here? And why does her whole body hurt?

"What happened to me, father? Dragon person?" She tries getting up, only to wince in pain. "Everything hurts. Things I didn't even know I had hurt."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-03 at 03:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party

"Well, my flirting skills are poor to nonexistent, so we'll see how that goes. My name's Emily Treatha. I'm a student of religion, training in Riverside for the priesthood. I'll have to see if I can organise this sort of thing at my temple." Specifically, she's training for the priesthood of Bane, a god of tyranny, hatred and fear. But she thinks it would sour her relationship with the temple if she admits to that right now, though the black glove she wears is symbolic of the Black Hand of Bane.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #27

[Full Moon Party]

Alkania nods back.
    "Nice to meet you too!"
    "What's it like being a messenger? I'm sorry if that's a bad question to ask."

Arlem does come to the party with Felina. He wavers a bit as they arrive and see all the sound and all the different minds and thoughts willing the air. This is exactly why he doesn't go to many parties, or rioting mobs, or large speeches. Well, it's good practice, seeing so much at once.

[Hospital]

"Don't try to move, dear; you've got quite a lot of recovery ahead of you still."
    Cleo smiles, which might not come across exactly as meant.

"Your bicycle crashed and you fell off a cliff."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #28

Full Moon Party:

Romeo looks back and forth between Arkangel and Steven. "Two meter long newt?" he asks, looking very interested. No reason to ask about someone trying to end the world. They've apparently gotten past it and it's supposed to be a party after all.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Not ending the world. Hastening the end of existence. Very different.
    "Oh, did that hatch? Good for you, I suppose. I figured it would be a handful, though. What's it eat?" he asks her.

30. - Top - End - #30

[Full Moon Party]

"Well, it's just a tadpole right now. It's going to get a lot bigger. We got it from the plane of earth when I was being rescued. Was just a little egg back then."
    A wave of the hands indicates a not-that-little size. Arkangel turns from Steven to look up to Romeo. Without the mask, one sees a round androgynous face with rough and heavily-scarred skin, dark grey eyes, and a pair of flight goggles pushed up onto the forehead, holding back bright red dreadlocks.

"A handful? Oh my yes. It eats fish and birds, and once in a while the crystals from around the core. Tried to eat our harpy once; he's a hungry little thing."

There was a bit of trying to end the world too, but only half-heartedly. Made to seem like a joke.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine