New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 53 - The New Fluffy Overlords

[Full Moon Party]

During a break between songs, the lead male singer steps up to the microphone and makes an announcement:

Hello, everyone. You're a great audience and it's a pleasure to play for you. I've been asked to take some time to make an announcement about this Month's special Contests and Events!

For anyone interested in the poetry contest, there are three categories: Formal Haiku on the topic of the moon or summer, informal traditional poetry, and open format. There's also an artistic illusions contest. Anyone interested should head over to the garden.

There's a watercolor painting contest, with no magic allowed! Kids will have their own category, with special kid-friendly prizes. If you're interested in that, go on over to the hospital main lobby.

And then in recognition of the Temple Pokémon Club's recent acceptance as a Junior Gym in the Nexus Pokemon League, they are inviting you to come and participate in a one on one single elimination challenge.

Thanks again, and enjoy the party

----

Keiko chuckles at Ahser

Yeah, sure. You go to school, here?

Then back to Emily. Keiko knows absolutely nothing about the Forgotten Realms pantheon, so there's no hope she'd recognize that.

Sorry 'bout that: kids seem to think I'm some sort of pet. And that'd be cool: we need more fun things going on - it gets so heavy and dramatic sometimes... I haven't really been to Riverside at all, though I've meant to - I keep getting distracted by the Hunting Grounds instead. Is there anything fun to do there?

----

Tsukiko smiles

As the name implies, much of my job is delivering messages - information, instructions, encouragement... I also gather information about what is going on in the world, keep an eye on other divine agents, and respond to prayers that lower-ranking assistants cannot.
    It is a challenging, and occasionally heart-rending, but usually very rewarding position to be in. Frankly, seeing my sister and the demands placed on her, I would far rather be a messenger than a goddess. I get to interact directly with people, and really see and shape the difference we make in their lives.

----

Arlem is hopefully comforted by the number of quite genuine congratulations he receives (and not a few of those people mean both his advancement and the vixen quite clearly in love with him). There is a brief pang of jealousy from one of the other fourth-ranks, but he suppresses it quickly: to question the promotion is to question Myobi.

Regardless, one particular mind ought to be a comfort in all that noise: Felina is quite affectionate, and her thoughts aren't really on particularly many topics right now. She's really not paying attention to the party or the people around; and for all her worry earlier, there wasn't any cause: the party really pretty much runs itself, particularly with the Messengers here.

Have you come to the party before, Arlem? This is my first time with being here with someone.

[Hospital]

Katsuo nods

As Cleo said, you were involved in some sort of accident with your bike. I was becoming increasingly worried as you never returned home, then someone from the hospital came to fetch me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Asher shakes his head. "Gee-el-oh-gee!" The Good League of Good.

The announcement is made, and the boy's eyes widen. "Momma! L-let's play! P-please?"

Ruth smiles at the use of the magic word. "Of course, son. The artistic illusions sound nice."

Asher begins to wriggle out of Keiko's grasp. "G-garden!"

[Hospital]

Jinkei looks strangely at Cleo when she sees the smile. "Uh-uh. Right. Also, what bicycle?" She wracks her brain for a bit. "I didn't think I brought it to the Nexus..."

She turns to her dad and frowns sadly. "I'm sorry, father. I shouldn't worry you like this." She reaches for his hand, aiming to lightly squeeze it.

"So..." She glances over at Cleo, then gives her a once-over. "This dragon lady found me? Thanks, lady. Did you see what happened to my bike?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Eeeeee! The lead male singer of SHadowyearning making an announcement! That voice!

How does one get a pet Keiko?

Alkania nods, liking the description. That actually makes sense and all.
    "How does it compare to when you were properly alive?"
    That's comforting, actually, to hear how difficult being a goddess is. Makes one appreciate being just a person without responsibility for an everything.

After listening to the answer, she'll probably at least remark that "I'm going to go try my hand at the painting. Thanks, Tsukiko."

That does help. He thanks all those who wish him well, and offers a few words of encouragement to the jealous 4th-rank. They'll be here soon.

"No, this is the first I've been to. My thanks for inviting me here."
    He's fairly affectionate back; it's easy to not mind the clamour of thoughts when you're focused on just one.
    "It seems to have turned out just fine."

[Hospital]

Cleo shakes her head, now frowning.
    "You're going to need a new bicycle. It's in pieces; don't worry about it right now."

The dragon lady looks like she always does: She's a snaky dragon two meters long, plus another meter of tail (which has a tuft at the end like a lion). Her scales are black as the night sky and show little twinkling stars from over the Nexus. She's got six eyes, laid out in a ring around a large green gem that seems to grow out of her forehead. Corresponding, she's got six feet, which aren't connected to her body. They just rest on the floor, five clawed toes on each of them, and the rest of her floats a proper distance above them. She has a set of horns like an impala, the tips of which are hung with tiny silent silver bells.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Temple

"There's a couple of nightclubs, and you might find a better welcome in Weird William's than I would, but there's not that much. Weird William's is a lycanthrope bar, non-lycans aren't accepted." Alas, her player doesn't know much of nightclubbing and less of what makes a place desirable for that sort of thing, since his autism means a crowd is an undesirable environment and loud noises are generally avoided. Emily smiles at Asher, but since they're leaving she doesn't need to say anything to him. Also, as a far less fluffy individual, she's less interesting so it is possibly she hasn't been noticed.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

[Hospital]

((Yes, it's still Fen's turn. Jinkei just received a letter.))

A holographic appears from thin air, having gone through space and time to get here. Slowly, it lands on Jinkei's bedside table. Suddenly, these words are projected onto the ceiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Letter
    Jinkei,

This is Desulus, the vampire whom you freed. The one who trained you to fight.

If you wish to refresh your memory, come find me at Castle Eramay. It's located at <location of the Castle in Home>.

I want you to know that I'm always watching and listening.

Desulus.

((Feel free to ignore this until my turn, Fen. ))

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Full Moon Party:

"As a tadpole?" He suddenly wants to see this tadpole more and less at the same time. Average ratio from tadpole to newt... "It might grow larger than a schoolbus."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Steven shrugs.
    "I think that's what Frederick said when we first saw them. But she just had to have one anyway. As long as it's kept under control and trained, I guess." he says.

Steven really doesn't like the idea, but it might work out. Maybe.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #38

[Full Moon Party]

Arkangel nods swiftly.
    "That's what we're hoping."

"C'mon, Steven. Weren't they the best things? I've always liked the giant animals."
    "Who are you?"

This new person might just be better than a newt! Let's find out!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #39

Full Moon Party:

"Oh I'm sorry. How rude of me," He says, embarrassed. "My name is Romeo Firé. I'm a wizard." The hat was a good hint, but his suit could throw anybody off. "What I've seen of the temple thus far has been lovely. So are adventures to alternate realms common fod this church?"

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Certain is at the party as well, enjoying the festivities as best she can, though the archmage-turned-demon-turned-angel is still somewhat bitter at the series of events that lead to her working as an angel of vengeance for Inari.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Steven smiles. "I'll pass your compliments to the gardeners. And as for our planar escapades, not really. It's a bit more common for us shadow-folk, since Tamamo and her allies have a decent presence in the realm of shadows. But normally unless you're of the folk who have their own little spiritual realms, we don't actually dimensional travel all that often.
    Steven Linde, priest and mortal Messenger of Tamamo. Trust me, it sounds more impressive than it is. People rarely have anything important enough to use on a prayer to me. Though it might be awkward. It's weird to offer a prayer to someone you know fairly well, even if a goddess gave him powers to help with."

12. - Top - End - #42

Full Moon Party

"One out of one visit, so far. This party looks pretty one-dimensional though."
    Arkangel rolls her eyes.
    "It's not like it's a real prayer anyway if we send you some rhyming request."
    Inari isn't even a real god, and Tamamo isn't even that, and he isn't even Tamamo. Silly.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Just to reinforce how awesome his voice is, he starts off singing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2sd8UMUaIk, all by himself with just his guitar: pretending the other members are taking an extra-long break for some reason.

----

Keiko lets Asher go so he can run along and play.

That sounds interesting. I'm not a lycanthrope, though... this is what I look like all the time.

----

Tsukiko shrugs

There are joys and experiences in being alive that you simply do not get without the limitations that accompany it. When I look at Keiko over there, part of me is jealous... but I am not ready for a vacation at this time.

----

Felina grins and snuggles in closer

So, what shall we do? I'm getting a but hungry, and according to the notes they've had a special batch of fish in for the sushi!

[Hospital]

Katsuo pats her hand

There, there: sweetie. Don't worry, we'll get you a nice new one.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party => Garden]

Asher can't pull his mother in the direction fast enough. Ruth smiles and bows at Keiko and co before heading for the garden, not paying Emily any mind.

[Hospital]

Jinkei eyes the dragon from head to toe, but there's no sign of familiarity or recognition evident in her eyes. She does find the eyes weird though. She's about to ask about those bells when Katsuo speaks.

"Thank you, father. I... I love you."
    She smiles as brightly as she can, then looks down at her body, covered in bandages and casts. "How soon can I leave? Did the doctor say? I want to get back to my studies."

Then, the letter appears.

"I remember the vampire... so that's his name. I can't remember our time together, but he somehow knew I wanted to learn fighting."

The letter disappears, and Jinkei looks to her father, having forgotten that they spoke of fighting, pre-accident. "Sorry, father. I was going to tell you about my fighting lessons..."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Two winged figures made of what appears to be pure light can be seen flying towards the temple. As they seem to be about to land on the grounds they suddenly change forms, both becoming elven women, but of different species by the looks of it. The first one has purple skin, completely white glowing eyes and unusually long ears compared to your standard tolkien type of elf. This tall purple elf is dressed in a white chiton that looks a bit too small for her. She pales to her companion however who stands even taller and emits pure radiance from her revealing clothing that seem to consist mostly of ribbons that cling to her and shift as she moves. Her clothing appear to be made out of actual light rather than any mundane material and shift both in color and shape constantly, now taking on a dark blue tone.

She has tanned almost golden skin that's completely without marks or blemishes like she had been photoshopped, given her a almost unnatural beauty that's further reinforced by her eyes that changes colors along with her clothes, never the same for a longer period of time. Her hair is deep red, similar to the color of blood and seems to act independently against the wind or gravity, like it was floating in water. Her ears are clearly elven but smaller than her companions but no less sharp, sticking out at the sides of her head. "What a beautiful place. So tranquil, so still. I'm almost sorry that there is a party here. Don't you think so, Azare?"

The other elf looks around but seems to be unable to find the joy as everyone else feels. "Why are we here? It's not like you to just show up in a place like this."

She laughs. "You'll see soon enough. I have a treat for you, something you will love."

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Full Moon Party

Steven smiles. "I'll pass your compliments to the gardeners. And as for our planar escapades, not really. It's a bit more common for us shadow-folk, since Tamamo and her allies have a decent presence in the realm of shadows. But normally unless you're of the folk who have their own little spiritual realms, we don't actually dimensional travel all that often.
    Steven Linde, priest and mortal Messenger of Tamamo. Trust me, it sounds more impressive than it is. People rarely have anything important enough to use on a prayer to me. Though it might be awkward. It's weird to offer a prayer to someone you know fairly well, even if a goddess gave him powers to help with."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Full Moon Party

"One out of one visit, so far. This party looks pretty one-dimensional though."
    Arkangel rolls her eyes.
    "It's not like it's a real prayer anyway if we send you some rhyming request."
    Inari isn't even a real god, and Tamamo isn't even that, and he isn't even Tamamo. Silly.
    "Wouldn't followers asking you to pray to Tamamo on their behalf be common for any priest? I imagine you'd be an even more direct link than the average priest." Romeo specifically recalls his time every Sunday in the First Lord's church. The priest would often hear special requests from people with sick relatives or brothers and fathers in the army. He may even add a request that the whole congregation pray for them.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Steven shakes his head.
    "No, you misunderstand. That's what most priests do, but being a Messenger is different. First, it means unless I'm somehow stripped of my rank I'm guaranteed a role as a true Messenger after death, which is more or less what other gods call angel status. But it means people can specifically give me a prayer to use the powers given to me as Tamamo's Messenger to solve their problems on Her behalf. Inari and Tamamo are very busy with the many worlds they maintain followers on, so while they do directly give their priests energy to cast spells with, someone asking for divine intervention will likely call on a Messenger instead unless it's world-scale. " He gulps.
    "Tamamo's Messengers are all her sisters right now. I'll be the first one not of her family. Helen still is, even though her Princess status is different. And uh, being from the Nexus probably means I'll be in charge of this Temple the way the others protect Erda." He's clearly intimidated at the prospect.

If the crowd was less thick, he likely would have overheard Keiko's conversation where she confirmed that exact thing.

18. - Top - End - #48

[Full Moon Party]

Hmm. Something special about being alive. Or maybe just something particular. Alkania smiles all the same and waves Tsukiko goodbye. Well, maybe she'll stay and hear this song before going to the hospital for painting. Probably for the best, really. She was awful last time she tried to paint anything, and a long wait surely hasn't improved her skills.

"Well, we have to go try it then. If they went to the effort of getting special fish, it needs to be appreciated."

Arlem grins back, and walks them over to the table of food, grabbing up a sushi-roll to put to Felina's mouth.
    "And we listen, and socialize, and celebrate."

And look, angels talking about religious bureaucracy. Absolutely not good party-conversation topic. Arkangel pops a mouse into her mouth and heads off in the direction of the garden.

[Hospital]

"They haven't told us, but I wouldn't guess it's too soon."
    The dragon shakes its head.

"Don't worry about lessons or bikes or anything. That'll all come later."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #49

[Full Moon Party]
    Pokemon Club
    Vis, a young human boy. Comes here. he wears a chain mail and jeans. Likly a mix of a normal 10 year old Pokemon Trainer with a medival touch. On his shoulder sits a little yellow blue spider.

"So Spidy, I guess this is the next step for our jorney. Sad that I had to send the others back to Pa."
    The joltik makes an angry sound. "Yeah. It was a shame all the Pokeballs broke, but how should I know that. We just need to win a few fights for some money."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Felina happily accepts the sushi roll, munching it with relish even though the wasabi makes her eyes water a bit.

Tasty! And that is better than usual.

----

In the Garden, Myobi waits for the poetry contestants.

In the Hospital lobby, a number of long tables have been set up: each has a sheet of paper, a small set of watercolors, a few brushes, and three small jars of water.

----

Pokémon Club

A tall man in quite a ridiculous outfit comes over to Vis

Hello there! Are you our first challenger?

[Hospital]

Katsuo sighs.

It's ok, Jinkei: don't worry about that right now. And no, you are going to be staying here a little while, I think: you injured your head fairly badly.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-07-06 at 01:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party

"Well, it's a maybe, like I said. I don't know where the place is, beyond 'somewhere in Eastside'. All I know is rumour, and that rumour is that it's a neutral ground for any with that particular affliction, or something similar enough to it, that it uses scent markings as a sign, and that is has a hill giant splatter to stop trouble." Splatters being like bouncers, only hitting harder.

What she doesn't know is that it's also a dive. Most of the furniture is third- or fourth-hand, the house beer isn't very good, and that's exactly how the lycanthropes like it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Ruth and Asher approach Myobi.

"Greetings. We seek to partake in the artistic illusions contest."

Beside her, Asher nods happily!

[Hospital]

Jinkei nods rather sadly. "I understand. I was really looking forward to starting training as a priestess too..."

She pauses. "Jinkei... is that my name?" She looks rather confused. Jinkei? What a funny name.

"I thought it was Charity."

Just to make sure, she glances at the both of them. "Father is... Kat... Kat-something, and this strange lady here is..." She furrows her brow. "Er... who?"

23. - Top - End - #53

[Full Moon Party]

Arlem takes a piece of the sushi for himself then.
    "Delicious! I don't know what they normally do, but they've done quite well with this."
    He can't help but take a quick glance around the party. Nothing is any more on fire than it should be. Excellent.

In the hospital, Alkania takes a place in front of a blank sheet of paper and stares into it, thinking.

"Hey!"
    "Poetry, right?"

Arkangel strolls into the garden, mostly admiring the plants.
    "What happens to the poems people tell here?"

[Hospital]

Cleo goes to pat Katsuo on the shoulder. Poor guy. Jinkei, of course, is to fragile to try to comfort with actions.
    "There will be time to learn everything when you are well. You have practically all the time in the world; no hurry, dear. 'Katsuo', yes. You were named Raquel Charity Hawkins, but your father renamed you Jinkei Yarafuji, and that is who you have been. I'm Cleo, Cleosepha. I'm sure you will remember us better when your head is clear."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Certain clenches a fist as she sees Tzlolth and Azare's dynamic entrance, but then takes a deep breath, putting reason first as she fishes a smart-phone from the priestess's robes she's wearing and dials Inari, saying, "Hello, Lady Inari? Tzlolth is here. Figured you'd want to know. Is there anything you want me to do? Or not do, as the case may be?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

(( Note: Illusion and Watercolor contest entries will be judged based on the detail of the description and the subject matter. ))

- Near the Stage -

Keiko looks a little skeptical at that description, but shrugs.

Maybe I'll look it up if I ever get over that way. You had anything to eat yet? They got a special shipment of fish in for the sushi, and the dumplings are really good this time.

- Garden -

Myobi smiles at Asher

Welcome! For the illusion, just pick any unused pedestal that strikes your fancy and get to work! I will be judging at 10 pm

Then she turns to Arkangel

Poems are scored based on trueness to form, appropriateness to the topic, creativity, cleverness, and aesthetic appeal. Winning entries are written down and added to the collection in the Temple library.

- Buffet -

Yep: nothing on fire that isn't supposed to be. Felina finishes loading her plate, then heads over to the drinks table and contemplates the various offerings.

Hmm... sweet or dry, hot or cold... or something besides sake entirely? Decisions, decisions...

- Certain -

Keep an eye on them, but kindly do not initiate any aggression. Should they step out of line, you are my Angel of Judgement even if you do not yet have regular duties.

[Hospital]

Katsuo nods

When you learned your true nature, you chose to change the form name as well: Jinkei means Charity.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Full Moon Party-Certain

Certain nods, replying to Inari, "Yes ma'am, I'll keep an eye on them," sounding somewhat dutiful but disappointed at not being allowed to just kick them out.

27. - Top - End - #57

Full Moon Party-Certain

"Hello Certain, who might you be talking to?" Tzlolth smiles widely at the former-demon as she makes her way towards her. "Your new goddess perhaps?"

Azare simply stops dead in her walk as she spots Certain, just staring at her in surprise. The goddess turns to her and cups her jaw, pushing it close. "It's gonna fall off if you leave it hanging like that dear. It's just Certain or whatever she's called these days." She turns back to look at the angel. "I'm so glad you traded yourself up, far more than you deserve too." Meanwhile Azare pulls away from Tzlolth's grip but her gaze never leaves Certain. She's looking at her with utter hatred.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]
    - Garden -

Asher smiles back. "YAY! L-let's go, momma!"

Ruth just chuckles. "Alright, choose a pedestal, my dear son."

After they make their choice, Asher sits down and gets to work, with his mother providing the material and some guidance.

"I k-know! I'll make a f-fox!"

Time to work!

[Hospital]

"Jinkei..." She tests the word out. It sounds... lovely. "Jinkei no Yarafuji. Thank you for the name, father."

And Cleo? Sounds like a cartoon fish. "Cleosepha? What a strange name." She winces in pain. "I'm sorry, but... I have no memory of you, and my head is pretty clear... relatively. Hurts to think."

Jinkei begins to hum a sweet and dreamy little song to herself. Anyone who can sense illusions being cast will see that she's casting one on herself, to make herself feel better. Any weaker-minded beings present will be drawn in, as well.

29. - Top - End - #59

Gate

Mil C. Noce, wanting to see this place that has now connected to his job of pokemon gym leader, pauses at the entrance to the temple. Now, for most, there wouldn't be much of an issue to just go in. But, there's another of his jobs that might be a problem. After all, while its mainly to a small group, he is also a priest of Odin, and going to another god's temple, one that isn't a part of the same group might cause issues. Better to wait and ask to go in, than cause an issue.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Full Moon Party-Certain

Certain smiles the biggest grin back at Tzlolth she can manage and says, "Quite. Though really, trading up isn't hard when who you're trying to get away from is a rapist and a murderer, and the person you find condemns these actions."

Certain's grin shrinks to a smirk as she continues, "I have to give you credit, Tzlolth. For the first time, I finally know exactly who to direct this boundless fury I have at. Not just the gods, not just mortals, and certainly not poor priestesses that get caught in my way like poor Azare who I see you've brought with you. No...My anger is at the the individuals that rape and murder and think they can get away with it, whatever their status. So then, Tzlolth. Are you going to be peaceable and enjoy the party and not taunt the guests, or am I going to have to ask you to leave?"