New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 53 - The New Fluffy Overlords

Full Moon Party-Certain

"Yes, quite delightful." Tzlolth replies with a soft laugh as if she didn't even hear what Certain said. "And was that a threat Certain dear? Quite some accusations coming from a child torturer. But don't worry though, I forgive you." The goddess smiles and makes a curtsy as her dress and eyes become a fiery red. "Not for the child napping of course, but for all those terrible things you accuse me of. In fact, I'm going to let all that slide just so we can have a peaceful evening. Right, Azare?"

The elf who never has taken her eyes off Certain suddenly opens her mouth again after Tzlolth closed it. "Do yourself a favor Certain and throw yourself out if you claim you're a better person now, since you know in your heart that you don't deserve any of this." She hisses.

The goddess looks shock at Azare's words, her hand lightly touching her nearly naked chest. "That's quite enough! I know she just came with some wild accusations but we can't get upset just because of that!" She says with a glance at the elf before turning back at Certain. "Terribly sorry for that Certain dear. I had hoped that perhaps you could settle your differences but it looks like I'm going to have to keep you separated." She shakes her head.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-07-06 at 09:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Romeo nods, understanding most of it. There were some proper nouns that he doesn't have any context for, but he understands stress, expectation, and being the odd man out.

"I can wrap my head around prayers to angels and saints and the like. And best of luck being a Messenger. It sounds stressful."

"Besides that, what do you do with your free time, if Messenger and priest duties leave much free time at all?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

-- Gate --

The rather baffled looking guards invite Mil in: considering the crowd already inside, one more priest of somebody else hardly makes any difference.

[Hospital]

Katsuo smiles and looks a bit sleepy as Jinkei's song takes effect.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Steven nods. "Thanks. My father-in-law has been teaching me the ways of the sword. I'm hoping I'll be truly worthy of Eclipse one day." he says, laying a hand affectionately on the katana on his hip.
    "I've also been studying the literature of my fiancee's homeworld on request from her mother, as a bit of a side project." he explains.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-07-06 at 10:14 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #65

[Full Moon Party]

Well, different deities, different rules. Anyways, now that is settled, Mil thanks the guards and heads inside. First a bite to eat, and then the congratulations. This is a party after all.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Full Moon Party-Certain

Certain frowns at Azare's words and says, turning to face the elf directly, "Azare...Honestly...I truly am sorry for what I did to you. I was angry, wanted to tear down the gods and their worshippers, and...You were a priestess and were weaker than me, so I took advantage of you. What I did was wrong, and you don't deserve what happened."

Certain takes a deep breath, then carries on, "That said, Tzlolth doesn't deserve you either. She talks about me kidnapping her child, but what she doesn't mention is that I did not harm a single hair on his head, nor that she raped his mother to conceive him. She is nothing but a bully with immense power, who thinks she can get away with anything, because nobody has had the courage and power to call her to accord for her actions."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

[Koi World]

Quote Originally Posted by wxdruid View Post
    Thecla replies with, I'll be sure to keep that in mind, anything else that might be of interest? Perhaps yes? Perhaps no? She might come back to it. In the meantime, her eyes are roving around the shop, looking with interest.
    Valrijah gestures around the shop

Nothing else of your particular faith, and little else of religious bent of any sort. Many things of interest, though they are perhaps more commonplace than you seek.

Kenji stubs his toe on a heavy something that appears to have been hastily covered up with a very minor robe of protection.

Ow! What's this?

And he drags out a decent-sized warhammer with an intricately carved head, a silvery spike on the bottom of a handle of a medium brown wood, and a bright red jewel on top.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-07-07 at 02:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party

"It was only an option, and I don't think Inside or Skyside has a bar for lycanthropes. Not that I'd know if there was, not being a lycanthrope myself. No, I haven't had any food yet. I haven't had sushi before; Dad frowned on it as raw fish. Could you point out the most boring and the most exciting bits, please?" She wants to be adventurous, but she'll work her way there, making sure she likes the boring bits before the exciting one.

My dad's not a fan of seafood, so I don't have sushi often, and that's usually bought from a supermarket. I wouldn't know where to start.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]
    - Buffet -
    A plate is loaded up with fish and dumplings, and Arlem follows.
    "Something sweet, I would think."
    And then he goes and takes something hot and completely non-alcoholic himself.

- Garden -
    "Ah, cool. You wanna clear me up on what 'informal traditional' poems are? I'll get to thinking on a poem in the meantime."
    Arkangel rests her chin in her hand.

Or she could just ot wait and speak the first one that comes to her mind.
    Friends at fires gather,
    Waiting evening, last embrace,
    Obviously there's only two syllables in 'eve-ning'.
    Harvest grains and men.

Myobi likely has a different understanding of the moon than she does.

- Hospital -
    Alkania starts painting, a scene she remembers brightly, if distorted. A ragged window takes shape in grey and brown, hanging up above the viewer, its sides and sill fitting together at what at first seem to be clumsy angles, but move into geometrically impossible as you take a closer look.
    Around the window bold splashes of bright colors mix and overlap and run into each other in a meaningless rainbow mess. Whatever's seen through the window is left blank for now. When she finally gets to it, it's very carefully, barely dipping the brush into the water, scarcely gathering any pigment on it.

[Hospital]

"I was the one who told you what you were, Jinkei. When your heard doesn't hurt thinking about it, I'll see you again.
    Cleo smiles at the song, unaffected, and takes a step away from the hospital bed. Maybe they ought to leave her in peace.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

-- Garden --

Myobi smiles

I mean a poem of up to three stanzas, without strict syllabic or rhyme structure... free verse would be included, but I will warn that it is unlikely to be selected.

-- Buffet --

And so Keiko and Emily arrive even as Felina picks a jar of cold, sweet sake and a glass of water. At the end of the buffet, another table, outside of the usual progression has been set up. Here, three of the sand-foxes have set out their favorites: spicy lentil curry, creamy lentil stew, puffy steamed lentil bread, a crispy sort of wafer, and intensely sweet balls made of sugar, lentil flour, and nuts. (Or Dal Fry, Dal Makhni, Dhokla, Papads, and Laddoo if you prefer)

Keiko, meanwhile, gives the requested information:

Most boring is a tie between the yellowfin tuna and the snapper. Most exciting... well, that one over there's called a "lava roll" because it's so spicy. The fatty tuna there is one of the best sorts there is. And this one over here is little whole fish fried crispy with a spicy sauce - the best ones are only available once a year, and not ever year is good.

[Hospital]

Katsuo pats Jinkei's hand, and looks over at the door, where a nurse is starting to look gently impatient.

I think visiting time is done, my daughter. I will be back, don't worry.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party- Buffet

"Thank you. I'll be sure to try it all. Possibly even the lava roll." Emily smiles and starts filling a plate with various rolls of rice and fish. She'll also try a Laddoo, if they aren't being guarded. Her player still knows nothing about Japanese cuisine, however, so I'll just say she likes it except the very spicy stuff.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

-- Garden --

Asher's first try: It looks more like a wolf than a fox, and the creature is kind of off-balance to the point of uselessness. After a few seconds, it goes unstable and reverts back to 'unformed light' form.

This causes the little boy to cry, at least, until his mom cuddles him and calms him down.

"It's alright, my son. Simply try again, and focus better."

Asher squeals happily and gets to work again.

[Hospital]

Jinkei stops humming as she turns to Cleo, a rather dreamy smile on her face. "Yeah, sure, Cleopatra. Thanks, I guess."

She's not sure why, but she's glad Cleomena - or whatever - is leaving. There's something off about her. Yes, she should be happy that the dragon saved her life, but... still!

The snowfoxgirl exhales. "Father? Can I speak to the doctor, please? Maybe also get a room with the... err... whatsherface. The one with foxkits, I think?"

13. - Top - End - #73

Full Moon Party-Certain

Azare opens her mouth to reply, but before she can Tzlolth raises her voice. "Let me explain this to her, darling." She smiles at Certain. "As Azare were there, though crying most of the time, I don't think you need to explain to her what you did and didn't to my poor son. The 'torture' as I put it, was simply a colorful way of describing the mental anguish you caused him. Not to mention poor Azare when you devoured her soul." The goddess shakes her head.

"But really Certain, we both want a nice peaceful evening yes? Or that's what you told me. Yet here you are having already accused me of being a murderer, rapist, bully, liar and implied other mean things while I have been nothing but polite and kind in turn despite what you did. If you truly want Azare to forgive you, shouldn't you do the same and forgive me? I could easily have killed you or turned you into a spider after all. To me it looks like improved your life, even if it hadn't been my intention at the time. I was really angry." She says calmly as she is attempting to look Certain in the eyes.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-07-07 at 04:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Full Moon Party-Certain

Certain laughs in Tzlolth's face, saying, "Hah! Here's the thing, Tzlolth, the bit you don't understand. I have the capacity to change. You've proved that, so good for you, I guess, and I have changed. But I don't have a thing to prove to you, Tzlolth, so you can...Do whatever, I suppose, except for butting into my conversations with someone I'm trying to make a sincere apology to. Go, enjoy the party, eat, drink, and be merry or whatever. Just leave me alone."

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Full Moon Party]

Pokémon Club

A tall man in quite a ridiculous outfit comes over to Vis

Hello there! Are you our first challenger?
    [Full Moon Party]

Pokémon Club

The young boy looks a bit around, seeing none else around.

"Yes Sir." he says. "What are the rules?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #76

Full Moon Party-Certain

"You truly believed you have changed Certain dear? Since here you are laughing in my face, obviously trying to prove something. But I'm not sure it's change you like to prove to me. You like to insult and ridicule me just like back when we were fighting, just a tad more subtle." Tzlolth strokes her chin and shakes her head sadly. "You have to try harder than that Certain dear. Since I don't think you've changed at all. I can still see the same angry woman in your eyes, spitting and cursing at me. Obviously you will ignore my advice and continue spitting in my face but that since you still refuse to see the truth. That even if you probably have your share of heartfelt talks to your new patron, probably involving a lot of crying and hugging, you revert back to your old self the moment you meet me." She turns to look at Azare. "Don't you agree? Do you truly believe she is worthy of your forgiveness considering how she's acting?"

Azare is silent for a moment before she finally says something. "Give me my soul back, Certain. If you claim to have changed, then undo all the damage you've done."

It should be noted that Certain doesn't actually have the soul. It was sent into hell when she "devoured" it.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

-- Buffet --

Keiko nods and gets some food herself.

Felina gets a little bit of each of the sand foxes' dishes and then heads over to a grassy spot to eat.

-- Pokémon Club --

Zack smiles

Great! Thanks for coming. I'm Zack Masters, gym leader here.

It's a standard one-on-one battle: three pokemon of your choice. First round is against one of my club members. Depending on the number of challengers we end up with, you battle one or more of them next. Single elimination - if you lose, you are out. The winner of those matches gets to face me for the badge.

[Hospital]

Katsuo nods

I will ask if you can be moved to share Su's room tomorrow, assuming she and Kenji are accepting of the idea.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

-- Garden --

(Skipping this for now.)

[Hospital]

"Su and Kenji. I assume Kenji is the dragon-boy." Jinkei nods and smiles, looking at her body once more.

Most of the injuries have been healed, with the bones set magically and the blood and muscles repaired. The only place damage is still very visible is her head, which has been bandaged for the moment. She's also in casts, but they're not really necessary, save for making sure the bones set properly. In a day or three, she should be discharged, though tests and scans will still be necessary.

A doctor would probably inform Katsuo of this, as well as suggesting he or someone close to her like Su and the foxkits help her remember the things she can.

"Thank you, father." She smiles brighter. "The anesthetic wore off, but I'm still numb. Can't they move me now, or soonish, at least?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hospital]

After Jinkei's checkup and another injection, she is wheeled down the hall and over to Su's room. The kits are already a noisy and rambunctious bunch now that all of them have opened their eyes. They romp and bounce and pounce and bite and bark excitedly, and tumble over to Jinkei's bed as soon as it is still. You wouldn't think four little kits would count as a swarm, but they do their best.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

[Hospital]

The sleepy Jinkei is wheeled over to Su's room and is greeted by four little noisy kits.

Her godkits.

"Oh, hi, little ones!" She'd change form, but her bandages might fall off. "You've opened your eyes!" she mumbles sleepily, then turns to their mother.

"Um... Su?" Father called her Su. "How're you feeling?"

21. - Top - End - #81

-- Pokémon Club --

Zack smiles

Great! Thanks for coming. I'm Zack Masters, gym leader here.

It's a standard one-on-one battle: three pokemon of your choice. First round is against one of my club members. Depending on the number of challengers we end up with, you battle one or more of them next. Single elimination - if you lose, you are out. The winner of those matches gets to face me for the badge.
    -- Pokémon Club --

"Oh" vis says sadly as he hears the rules. "So I need three pokemon?" he asks curiouse. The little Joltik on his shoulder looking sad, too.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

-- Pokémon Club --

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Oh" vis says sadly as he hears the rules. "So I need three pokemon?" he asks curiouse. The little Joltik on his shoulder looking sad, too.
    Zack hmms

Normally it is three, yes: that way you have a possibility to switch out if there is an unfavorable pairing. If your Joltik had to face our Flareon, it would be a very difficult battle for him.

Let me check the official rules and see what options we have.

23. - Top - End - #83

-- Pokémon Club --

"I got bad luck catching another pokemon."
    he says while petting Joltik. "I may be able to lend a pokemon or two, but I can't say for sure."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

-- Pokémon Club --

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

"I got bad luck catching another pokemon."
    he says while petting Joltik. "I may be able to lend a pokemon or two, but I can't say for sure."
    Zack looks up from his tablet and shakes his head

League rules say it has to be three. And while you can borrow your other two, it can't be from us.

However, there is another possibility. There is a family of Lopunny in the field over there, and a Gardevoir-Gallade family out behind the school. Maybe one of their kids would like to join you if you ask politely. Don't bother trying to catch them - Myobi has put an enchantment on the temple complex that prevents Pokeballs from capturing unwilling creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Hospital]

The sleepy Jinkei is wheeled over to Su's room and is greeted by four little noisy kits.

Her godkits.

"Oh, hi, little ones!" She'd change form, but her bandages might fall off. "You've opened your eyes!" she mumbles sleepily, then turns to their mother.

"Um... Su?" Father called her Su. "How're you feeling?"
    Su smiles

I'm doing well, Jinkei: feeling a lot better, now. Heh...

If you ever get pregnant, remember to stick to one world or the other until you're done.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-07-09 at 09:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85

-- Pokémon Club --

Zack looks up from his tablet and shakes his head

League rules say it has to be three. And while you can borrow your other two, it can't be from us.

However, there is another possibility. There is a family of Lopunny in the field over there, and a Gardevoir-Gallade family out behind the school. Maybe one of their kids would like to join you if you ask politely. Don't bother trying to catch them - Myobi has put an enchantment on the temple complex that prevents Pokeballs from capturing unwilling creatures.
    -- Pokémon Club --

Vis looks at his Joltik, which shrugs.

"I guess that's our best chance then." he says to his Pokemon.
    "Thank you sir." he says and bows. "I'm not sure who Myobi ist, but if you say pokeballs won't catch unwilling I belive you. I hope to see you again."

Then he will head for the field, if Zack doesn't have something to add. Or a good advice.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

-- Tall Grass --

Because what Pokémon setting doesn't have tall grass? But here, "wild" doesn't really apply and in a trampled-down section up ahead Vis can see a family of the rabbit-like Lopunny sitting down to a moonlit picnic. The parents are notably larger than their sizeable brood, but there are several bored-looking kids who aren't that far off. They all turn to look at Vis, and the father speaks

Hello! Enjoying the party?

27. - Top - End - #87

-- Tall Grass --

Vis shrieks up a bit as the Lopunny speaks to him. He is still suprised what differences the Nexus got for him. And I doubt he noticed that the man he spoke to befor wasn't even a human?

"Ehh...yeah...." he stutters. "Not as far as I wanted to. I got a little problem and the man at the temple suggested that you might be able to help." he smiles. He's really not sure how to tell a pokemon to be captured.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Full Moon Party-Certain

Certain ignores Tzlolth's diatribe, having decided that, unless she does something horrible (which Certain secretly hopes she does), that ignoring the insufferable goddess is the best option. Instead, she nods to Azare, saying, "Alright. I don't exactly have it on me right now, as it's in Hell. But I promise you, I will go get it back."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

-- Tall Grass --

Shockingly, perhaps: Zack is indeed a male human.

And yep, that's the Nexus for you: all sorts of things talking to you when they're not supposed to be able to. Though there may very well be more meddling at work than just standard Nexus weirdness...

For a successful outcome, Vis should think of this as recruitment for adventuring: convince a bored teenager to come to a battle instead of eating a picnic.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

((Due to time constraints and other factors, I'll pull out Ruth.))

-Garden-

Ruth whispers to Asher that she's about to leave. Before the boy can protest, she gives him a medallion that seems to merge with his skin. "If you're in trouble, I'll come for you, son."

After his mother leaves, and he tests out the medallion and makes sure it works i.e. he can still feel her close by, he decides to abandon the illusion contest and makes his way over to

-Hospital-

"W-watercolor con-test!"

Su smiles

I'm doing well, Jinkei: feeling a lot better, now. Heh...

If you ever get pregnant, remember to stick to one world or the other until you're done.
    [Hospital Room]

Jinkei smiles, though her face shows some confusion. "I'm sorry... please, remind me how we met and all, I have trouble remembering stuff."

She wracks her brain for memories. "I remember... you gave birth? Godkits, kitsune world... a dragon-boy or something? Think his name is Kitnick or something."