New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 53 - The New Fluffy Overlords

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Pokémon Yard]

Tina will now doubtless note that the Temple Pokémon Club has not escaped the general theme of the Temple: Two Evees, one each of all the Evee evolutions, three Fennekin, and a little pack of seven Vulpix are milling around their Ninetails mother. Somewhat out of place, there is also a wombat and a small silver dragon. Very out of place, an actual juvenile red fox is lurking in the hopes of free food.

Zack starts setting the food trays down and notices the newcomer

Huh. Um... I don't know if it's really safe to have a wild animal in like this... what should we do?

[Felina and Arlem's Apartment]

Feline reads the card and chuckles softly, then turns off the light and settles down.
    [Pokémon Yard]

Tina finally exited the Pokémon center and into the yard with biter and all her Pokémon. She noticed all the fox Pokémon around and felt somewhat out of place with all her bugs, but unfortunately it couldn't be helped. Tina was a bug trainer and only trained bug type Pokémon, so she had no foxes in her PC. She came over to Jinkei and Todd, looking like she had just been in a fight.

"Sorry it took me so long to get out here. Spike and Flutter started beating each other up and i had difficulty getting them separated." Tina said and gestured to her Beedrill and Butterfree, who were giving each other glares. Tina just noticed the fox and smiled at it.
    "Oh hi there foxy, what are you doing here?"
    Last edited by HaltTheSlayer; 2015-11-25 at 10:58 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Todd snarls softly in the whiny high-pitched manner of foxes when Tina comes over, and starts to gobble the rest of the food as fast as he can. Zack chuckles

That one's actually a fox... he was hungry and followed the others over here.

Since Jinkei hasn't translated for him yet, Zack doesn't know any more details. He stands up and smiles

Sorry for running off, but we were a bit overdue for feeding and the kids were getting grumpy.

I'm Zack Masters: trainer for the Temple Pokémon Gym, and biology teacher here at the school. We're only a junior branch, the main center is downtown.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Orc in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

"Todd - I named him that - he says he's alone. He was digging and ended up here, and then ended up discovering the Vulpix. He wants a den and a mate. We have to help him somehow!" Jinkei declares. She turns back to Todd, smiling sadly.

<I can help with the den. We are all fox-humans here, and they can help, if not me, Todd.> Slowly, to show she's not a threat, she reaches over to pat and rub his head, like a mother would pat her kids. She's has experience with kids. <You don't have to be alone anymore.>

More than anything, she's thinking of his safety: there are many things in the Nexus that would love the taste of young fox.

4. - Top - End - #1054

Kobold

Tina took a few steps back from the fox is growled at her. She wasn't scared, she just knew better than to get between a wild animal and food. She than turned to Zack and gave a little polite bow.

"Its a pleasure to meet you Zack, I think I already introduced myself...but just to be safe I'm Tina Bluescale. I'm sure it's pretty obvious I'm a traveling bug trainer, but I'm also a bounty hunter. So mind if my team joins you for lunch?"
    Last edited by HaltTheSlayer; 2015-11-25 at 01:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Being treated like a kit is not high on Todd's list right now. His tail flicks in annoyance

<Not kit! Grown up!>

Todd looks around

<Extra-tail, fluff-tail, many friends>

He seems to think a vulpix or evee would do. Heh.

Zack nods

Sure, you're welcome to! Anybody need healing? We don't have a traditional nurse, but there's a priestess just for us - she's a Delphox.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Kobold

Tina looked over her team for a second and Flutter did look pretty beat up.

"I think Flutter may need some healing. Spike is in deep trouble later for beating her up." Tina gave an angry look to Spike who hid behind Scizor. Tina than noticed the Fox was looking weirdly at a vulpix and eevee.
    "...so do you know what heroics doing here?"

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Pixie in the Playground

(( Twasn't your turn, Slayer: wait for Eagle. ))

8. - Top - End - #1058

Kobold

(( Twasn't your turn, Slayer: wait for Eagle. ))
    ((Oh sorry, didn't know there were turns))

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Orc in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Jinkei chuckles and withdraws her hand. <Sorry! Alright, you're a big boy, Todd!> Then her eyes widen and she gives the vulpix and evees an aside glance. <No, those are not foxes! Just look like foxes.>

She'd offer to help heal Tina, but she's currently getting to know her little 'big-boy' fox kit. As the fox feasts on his food, she begins to sing for him a little tune that happens to be what he likes (for convenience ). The magic in her voice should calm him, grant some euphoria and, over a long period of time, skyfox-ize him.

But mainly the first two.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Pixie in the Playground

(( In general, folks in the same scene follow the same sequence. It does slow things down a tad, but make them easier to follow.
    I'd have waited for you earlier, but you deleted your post...

So, right now, we're at: Fenric, Eagle, You ))

[Pokémon Yard]

Zack nods

Hey, Jinkei: I'm going to go get Delphie. You'll be ok for a couple of minutes?

Not being sure what "heroics" could mean, he lets that question slide for now.
    He doesn't really wait for the answer, assuming that Jinkei can handle herself, and goes to get the priestess.

Todd tilts his head

<Fluff tail nice!>

Then humming! He sits and wags happily, looking intently at Jinkei.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-11-25 at 09:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Orc in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Jinkei turns and nods to Zack, still looking and singing at the juvie red fox. She pauses her humming to offer one of her tails to Todd, as she doubts that the evees and vulpix will want their tails played with. <Well... You can play with my tail, first. No biting!>

Then she resumes humming. If possible, she'll try and curl a second tail around Todd, all protectively.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-11-25 at 09:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062

Kobold

[Pokemon yard]

Tina sits on a rock in the middle of her pokemon who mill around the yard. Flutters sits next to Tina as Tina pets her head.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokemon yard]

Todd giggles and shakes his head, but Jinkei's wagging tail is just too tempting and soon enough he leaps into the air and pounces!

<Ha!>

Zack returns soon enough, leading a Delphox dressed in navy-trimmed sky blue robes with Inari's holy symbol embroidered prominently. Perhaps surprisingly, she speaks clear and fluent Common.

Hello, Tina. My name is Delphie: I'm the healer for the Pokémon center. What seems to be the trouble?

14. - Top - End - #1064

Kobold

"It is a pleasure to meet you Delphie, my butterfree got beat up by my beedrill and needs some healing." Tina says and holds up Flutter. Tina didn't notice but Flutter was actually poisoned.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Pixie in the Playground

Come One, Come All: it is time once again for the Full Moon Party at the Temple of Inari!

Especially resplendent this month as it coincides with Harvest Festival: Food, drinks, live music, games and prizes!

You may think things are bustling on a normal full moon party day, but only if you've never seen it coincide with another festival. Decorative piles of random produce, garlands of bright autumn leaves, sheaves of barley, wheat, and rice stalks. Straw bales and large barrels are pushed out and arranged for seating and dividing up the open spaces.

And everywhere the smell of cooking! All of the Temple compound kitchens have been kicked into high gear to prepare the 12-hour long running feast for the day.

Pokémon Yard

Delphie comes over and checks on Flutter

Oh, dear. She's been poisoned! Well, we'll get that fixed up right away.

One Neutralize Poison and one Cure Light Wounds later, and the wonders of genre-crossing magic should have Flutter fixed right up.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-11-26 at 09:53 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Orc in the Playground

Todd giggles and shakes his head, but Jinkei's wagging tail is just too tempting and soon enough he leaps into the air and pounces!

<Ha!>

Zack returns soon enough, leading a Delphox dressed in navy-trimmed sky blue robes with Inari's holy symbol embroidered prominently. Perhaps surprisingly, she speaks clear and fluent Common.

Hello, Tina. My name is Delphie: I'm the healer for the Pokémon center. What seems to be the trouble?
    [Pokemon yard]

Jinkei giggles and continues to hum as she watches Todd play with her tail. She pauses her humming once again to turn to Delphie. "Hi, Delphie. How are you doing, today?"

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Oh my, look at all these people and activity. Bloom will be terrified. But helping in and learning about the harvest festival is very important! If she only learns one thing here, well, that's probably not it after all. But it's on the short list.

Do they have a corn maze yet? No, you need cornfields for that? How silly. There's a visiting dragon who can fix that for you in no time.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1068

Kobold

[Pokemon yard]

The bruises and scratches on Flutter disappear and with the poison out of her system she feels great. Tina gives Fluttter a big hug and pats her head.
    "Oh I can't thank you enough! Here have this as a doantion to the temple." Tina says and grabs the bag that is strap to her side. She takes out 10 gold coins and hands them to Delphie.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Well no, there is no corn maze... as that would indeed require standing corn, of which there isn't any.

There's a straw-bale maze of sorts being laid out behind the stage, one bale high and probably intended for younger children.

[Pokemon yard]

Delphie waves to Jinkei

Hello, Miss Jinkei. I'm doing well, thank you.

then she takes the donation in her furry paw and her eyes go wide

Oh, my! So generous! Thank you so much!

Zack smiles and watches quietly, not really having much to say right at the moment. He idly scratches Midnight the Umbreon who has come over and leaned on his leg.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Orc in the Playground

[Pokemon yard]

"You can just call me Jinkei, Delphie."
    She says, waving back to the delphix. She notices the quiet Zack and waves him over. "Come and say hi to Todd, Zack!"

Oh look, Zack! She's getting attached!

"Isn't he so cute? Though don't call him little, he's a 'big boy'!" She whispers, making quotation mark signs with her fingers.

21. - Top - End - #1071

Kobold

"Its no problem, I have more gold than I know what to do with." Tina says to Delphie.

"Yeah Zack, come over and join us."

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

The priestess curtsies and puts the gold into her pocket. Then Zack comes over to where Jinkei and Todd are, Delphie follows soon after. The Delphox sniffs a few times and makes a sour face

He needs a bath!

Zack chuckles

Sorry, Delphie: wild foxes always smell that way.

Delphie pulls the face again while Zack bends down to get a better look

Hey there, big guy. Looks like you've made quite an impression on Jinkei here.

Todd wags, not understanding a word of it. He yips at Jinkei

<Kind Human smells like you. Your mate?>

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Orc in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Jinkei blushes when Todd asks that, the recent events still fresh on her mind. <You could say that.> She responds, grinning. "He thinks you're kind, Zack, and I happen to agree."

<If you're going to stay around, you'll need to understand humans, too. We'll see if we can't make it happen. Would you like that?> She asks, smiling.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Zack smiles

Well he's a cutie. I suppose one more critter around here won't really make that much of a difference... Delphie, can you make sure he's not carrying anything dangerous?

Delphie shakes her head somewhat disapprovingly

Wild animals aren't pets, Jinkei... but it looks like this one is already spoiled beyond repair, so...

One quick Heal later, and Delphie waves

You have fun with your stinky fox: I'll be back in the center if you need me.

Zack watches her go, then chuckles.

I don' think she approves, Jinkei.

Todd watches it all in bafflement

<Would say no, understand humans already. Now say yes: fluff-ear fox-human mad at me, not know why.>

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Orc in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

"What?" Jinkei asks in her melodic accent. "Foxes are people, too! And for some reason, animals who spend time with me proves me right! Hmm... that needs further testing."

She breaks her line of thought to focus on Zack, then glances back at Delphie and shakes her head. "Todd is friendly. If only Delpie could speak fox. Now poor Todd thinks she's mad at him!"

She turns back to her fox friend! <That's Delphie. She thinks you need a bath. You do need a bath, so the others will come out to play, and I can help if you want.>

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Zack chuckles

Yes, dear, sorry: Todd's a person too.

Todd looks at Jinkei suspiciously. He doesn't understand the word, but it seems... ominous... somehow

<What means "bath"? Why need bath?>

A short distance away, Squee may not be able to talk, but she seems to be following the conversation just fine and clearly agrees about the necessity of a bath

Evee! EEEEvee! Eev eev ee veee ve!

Todd wags when he hears her.

<What fluff-tail say?>

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Jinkei giggles. "I just mean he's sentient, too, you know? A living thing. And unless otherwise stated, a life is something to be cherished. This new light of mine has healing properties. What kind of person would I be if I didn't use them? Teehee." Then she winks at him, indicating their former activity isn't done yet.

She just shakes her head at Todd. <Everyone agrees you need a bath. It's to clean yourself with soap and water. I'll be gentle, since it's your first time. You'll love it.> She says reassuringly.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Todd looks at Squee, who nods vigorously. He sighs with drooped ears and tail

<yes. bath.>

Zack grins at the wink, and nods his agreement that Jinkei certainly should use her powers to help, but is otherwise lost to the conversation.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-12-01 at 11:23 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Orc in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

<Aww, don't worry, Todd. It'll be nice.>

Then Jinkei gets up and turns to Zack fully. "Zack, do you think he could use one of the baths? Or maybe, a nearby pond? I'll need some disinfectant soap, a hose, a soft sponge, you know, the whole works! Please?"

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Zack laughs affectionately

Not the pond! Kenji will kill you, then Myobi will kill you again. We've got bathing facilities in the center: matches can get really messy, and they all need baths sometimes.

Sylveon! SYL VE ON.

Zack looks over at the demanding creature

And some want a bath rather more often than that. Come on!