New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 43: Where the sun hurts your eyes and burns your skin

Inside a Wreck

Nick turns to the ringmaster-cat.
    "This is a linear hallways. Two sides really isn't surrounded. Either way, I must insist you refrain from trying to keep me from doing my job, sir. I am going to be helping the rest of the people here, and I can't delay here for you."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Inside a Wreck]

A hole is blasted through the left wall, and through the dust and debris steps a human(!!) in a typical clown outfit. Spots, big nose, rainbow hair, curvy outsized shoes.
    "I said. 'Surrounded'. Boy. Give us the griffin and I will let you scurry home to your line."

The linesman shrinks into a corner, not moving.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside a Wreck

"You act like the kid could even do anything to me as he is." he says, using his eye movement tracker to aim the heavy (for people not several hundred pounds and quadruped, that is) railgun with the suit's systems. It's rather subtle, and the jester might not even notice it before he fires a shot that very well might blow off his arm, shoulder, and a good chunk of his torso.

4. - Top - End - #424

[Inside a Wreck]

The jester loses an arm, shoulder, and a good bit of his torso. His juggling balls drop to the ground one by one.
    Then, he gets back up, torn jester outfit fluttering, face twisted into a manic grin, and lumbers towards Nick.

While it might be true that the kid can't do a lot to him, he tries. He swings the hard-edge metal box he's been carrying quite hard at Nick's head.

The clown dives in to try to wrestle the gun away, or at least out of an easy firing line.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside a Wreck

Nick hastily fires his shoulder gun at the jester's center of mass before flapping his wings into a sharp and severely limited flip, brushing the ceiling with his hind legs and drawing his much more maneuverable sidearm with a foreclaw, aiming it point-blank at the back of the clown's head and firing twice before landing behind him.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

The Tower- Second Floor

"Sheogorath's party isn't going to last much longer. But I'll tell you what, Miss Luna, if you really want his autograph when you're done, I'll send you straight to him. I owe him a favour, anyway." Sanguine's smile is quite... predatory, almost. "I am the patron daedra of party animals, parties and similar such things. Those insects are interesting, but are enough? The current master of this Tower is an extraordinary individual. He has asked things of me, and Molag Bal, the Outsider, Pazuzu and Tzeentch. Others, too, but not everyone has deigned to grant him boons. I didn't; the best parties are entirely consensual." So he's not entirely human any more.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

[Inside a Wreck]

It's probably a futuristic laser weapon of some sort, but the twins don't know anything that isn't steampunk in nature, which is why this spaceship has been a wonder. They were so busy thinking of treasure they had little time to appreciate the area, though.

The twins see a sort of magic laser thingie without seams or batteries for power.

The creature will find it very difficult to move, particularly when her brother finally comes to her. He takes her hand and they both try to keep it still.

"This is tiring, brother."
    The girl says as she angrily looks at the thing trying to attack them.
    "Let's try and scan it's mind." The boy replies. His sister shrugs, and together they try to read its thoughts (with visuals).

The Tower- Second Floor

Hotaru simply nods, still smiling and focused on Sanguine. She shudders slightly and sighs at the look he returns. "Not interested in him anymore. I've found my patron saint!" One of them, at least. There's one in her world, too.

"Please, let or help us kill the current master. I'll see what I can do about making it more presentable for you afterwards." She offers.

8. - Top - End - #428

[Inside a Wreck]

The jester stumbles to the side, the shot making a nice hole in the bulkhead behind him. But he can't exactly get to the griffin on the ceiling.
    The clown takes two hits to the head and sprawls forward, hitting the floor without much of a head to speak of. Unlike his companion, he doesn't get back up.

Another hole is blown in the wall, just beside the Linesman, who is grabbed by two pairs of gloved catperson hands and dragged back through the opening, his metal box falling to the ground with a loud clang and clatter.

The only image they're likely to get is representations of overwhelming anger.
    The creature shrieks and thrashes about trying to get away from the push against the wall. But it's really not up to the task.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside a Wreck

Nick replaces his pistol in its place and pounces at the linesman, armor peeling off his wings so he can perform an Ironwing on the hands clawing at him (or rather, the arms they're attached to).
    "Stay down!" he instructs the lad sternly.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

[Inside a Wreck]

The twins look at each other, a bit confused. They then realize that it's probably best to kill or evade any others they come across. Together, they carry the creature to the fiery room, then stand at a relatively safe distance while they try hovering the creature over the fire.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

The Tower - Second Floor

"Well, I'm in favor of sending a message up to the top. We've wrecked things so far, and I don't expect this will end well for them," says Phil "After all, I could still do something irresponsible. I'd like the chance to talk to this person before sending magic artillery up the stairs. Maybe we can work things out. If they're willing to contact gods and other planes for help, then they're probably after something big. If they're a part of something bigger, I'd like to know what it is. Also, we're here for Zither, right? What would she want us to do?"

Phil turns back to Sanguine. "Could you tell us what the current master is after?"

((Sorry about taking so long to post. I've been busy and I won't be here most of next week. Suggestions?))

12. - Top - End - #432
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Outside Outside - King's Road]

That's wishful thinking. There's plenty of words to fill the space, the great ash-dusted blankness rolling by on the mountain's rise. Achka talks even as he's got his nose pressed to the glass, breath rolling over in clouds of wet, craning his neck to see whether there's even a sky beyond the King's shadow.

What a tremendous bore. "Not for you, maybe. Maybe not for this god neither, if this is where he's gotta plant himself, out in the dead of nowhere." He slumps back across the seats, screwing up his face with a great childish sigh. This ain't what he wanted. "Next time someone calls ya, you oughta give 'em a show. Anyone who calls for devils is wanting palaces of vice 'n sin. This looks like all the fun's been through and gone already." The skeletal fingers of broken buildings roll past, reaching from the gray plains. He picks his nose.

"Then again, I s'pose the business minded demon, he doesn't end up pickin' monks from a monastery an coming along when the dinner bell's rung. Smart demon oughta get a monastery of his own." A suspicious eye turns past the contents of his nostril, on the driver's reflection and the red of his eyes smeared 'cross the windshield. "'Less you're not the demon and just another sap like me."

It's safe to say he's earned a little brusqueness as they roll to a stop, but Achka rankles at it. His hand, noticeably, stays on the edge of the door as he hops out into the ash. "An go where? The big doors, I guess? Why's this where you stop?" You could fit a car through those, easy enough.
    The driver says nothing regarding the nature of sapdom or his placement within said demographic. He isn't here to teach ignorant young warriors what they ought to already know. He isn't going to explain the way of the worlds. Or how the King works. If he knew the latter, he wouldn't be here.

What he does understand is that, while the King promises great things, he doesn't disguise them. He could pile Achka with whores and fine victuals, he could make crude displays of prosperity, but that isn't what the King is about.

The mountain shakes with the thunder of a great voice, a trembling baritone as big as the world, with all the skill at speech of a little child.

ACHKA

The monk's name fills the empty land. The echo scarcely falls still before another takes its place. The words beckon like a tentacle curling inward, calling him closer to the dark.

come closer
    palaver

And at that, the great doors slowly begin to swing apart.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-08-20 at 03:45 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #433

[Inside a Wreck]

One of the sets of arms is quite thoroughly crushed and releases the linesman, but the other twists out of the way and keeps ahold of him.
    He would stay down if he had an option, but he's being pulled upright and away, so much as he struggles he's not going to manage that.

The spiked person hovers comfortably over the fire. Nice and warm as tongues of flame lick his flesh.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside a Wreck

Well, he can't keep using magic or he's going to start feeling woozy. This time Nick simply swipes at the remaining hands with his foreclaws. He doesn't have all that much experience with hand to hand combat, especially not in this body, but it's not a very complicated maneuver, and the instincts are there.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

The Tower- Second Floor

"I will tell you what the Master of the Tower wants, but no more. Not when there's nothing in it for me. He wants power. He uses this Tower to strike out at neighbouring settlements and passing traders, to bring back that which he wants or can trade for more power. Gold, booze, food, sacrifices... All traded for power. Some of what he has received has not been what he thought he was getting, nor to his liking." Some of the physical mutations, for example.

I'm actually happy to put this scene on hold till you're back, Nalix, unless Feagle has another idea.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia chuckles.
    I'm not surprised. It wouldn't be her if she wasn't in her lab all day, even if it is just one ninth of her.
    suddenly, an idea pops into her head.
    Hey, wanna surprise her next test she runs? might be nice for her to learn you'll be joining in!
    [Jaegers]

"Uh, maybe. I usually let her work when she's busy. I distract her too much." Mimi says with a silly grin. "I don't want her to get nothing done cuz I'm there."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2015-08-24 at 12:47 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Jaegers]

"Uh, maybe. I usually let her work when she's busy. I distract her too much." Mimi says with a silly grin. "I don't want her to get nothing done cuz I'm there."
    Sophia chuckles at such a comment, mirth in her grin
    Fair point. After all, it wouldn't surprise me if she was powered solely by the action of doing science. Maybe the Riss in the Magcave is her life support!
    She jests, but would it surprise anyone if such a thing was true?
    The shifter looks to the sky, watching a pair of geese glide above.
    We should swap hunting stories some day, Mimi. I'm sure you must have some truly riveting tales to tell.
    She comments in thought, standing up as she surveysthe sun's progress through its daily arc.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

[Inside a Wreck]

The twins get annoyed, toss the spiked person into the room and continue trying to decide where to go. They choose to go down the path that the creature was formerly blocking.

"Next time, we'll just off 'em."
    "I agree."

[The Tower - Second Floor]

"Zither would want us to get these slaving vandals out by any means necessary. At least, I assume they're slavers, which certainly means I'll show them no mercy."

Her eyes narrow at Sanguine's words. "Power. Men will sell their soul for it, convinced they're the most deserving. And for what?"

Hotaru turns to Sanguine. "I'm the least religious person anyone knows, but for the patron saint of party animals, I can make an exception. When we clear this tower, you'll have your very own shrine. As for a statue, an holographic construct will have to do for now. Can't use my electricity to make a construct, too volatile."

((Well, it's Phil's turn right now. Take all the time you need. As for Random, remember how I said I like to focus on it? Way busy these days, as well.))
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-08-21 at 03:45 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

"I understand the desire for power," said Phil. "That was my motive, after all. Fast, easy, power. Of course, I paid the price of not being able to control it very effectively, but that's mostly worked out well for me. Other folks pay other prices."

"So let's move on and see if we can clear this place out. We'll see if this guy is powerful enough to force me to be irresponsible."

"Oh, and shrine of Sanguine." Phil casts at the bloody washstand.

[haughty forest shrine of Sanguine, meditating about oddities]
    Last edited by Nalix; 2015-08-22 at 11:47 AM. Reason: removing quote

20. - Top - End - #440

[Inside a wreck]

The arms, though, are pretty good at this, and twist to use the very catperson they're grabbing as a living shield.
    Partly freed by the iron wing getting one clown out of the way, the linesman grabs onto the torn corner of the hallway with one hand.

The spiked thing falls and lays there for a while before getting to his feet and skittering off.

There's an empty hallway, lights mostly extinguished, a crystal spike with a humanlike skeleton hanging from it...
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

The Tower- Second Floor

"They're not slavers. They take prisoners on occasion, but they either join up willingly or are sacrificed for more power. If you were given the choice between joining up and being sacrificed, which would you choose?" It's not much of a choice.

The shrine morphs and changes, morphing into a wooden font rather than a ceramic sink. The small banner turns into a mosaic, embedded in the wall itself, and a rosebush carved all of wood flowers around the base of the font, the roses moving up to the brim of the blood-filled bowl. Sanguine eyes it appreciatively, and reaches out himself, touching one of the roses, poised just above the font itself. Colour floods into its petals, and life does too. The rose, crafted by Phil's magic of wood, is turned to petals and flower by Sanguine's power.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside a Wreck

Nick's unseen eyes widen, and he's forced to clench his claw into a fist so that he merely punches the poor kid in the gut instead of clawing bloody streaks across his chest.
    Without anything really all that suited to close quarters combat besides his talons, Nick tries to grab the linesman and lower his shoulder gun and fire out at the shapes grabbing him, specifically whatever must be behind and controlling them. He's sure he's stronger than one of them.

23. - Top - End - #443

Inside a Wreck

The kid loses all the air in him and would double over if there weren't a tug of war going on with him as the rope.
    With the fire of the shoulder gun, the shapes holding him let go, and the linesman comes tumbling back into the hallway in Nick's grip.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside a Wreck

Nick tries to drag the poor kid back to their entrance unless he can walk on his own , wary of the sounds they heard before. He needs to get them both out of here before something terrible happens.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

[Inside a wreckaiden]

Currant pulls out a torch from Dixie's pocket and scans the place further. They assume the human was blindsided by the little spiky creatures.

Of course, that does little to stop Dixie from trying to pull the spike free with her powers.

"Well, some men are not as nice and reliable as you are, Phil." Hotaru smiles and pats him on the arm, a bit longer than usual.

"An offer you can't refuse." She mutters when Sanguine speaks. "As much as I hate to say it, it means he needs to die, and post haste." Zither should be the one to strike the killing blow, unless she didn't mind having her kill stolen.

"I don't suppose you seek a daedric princess?"
    Hotaru blurts out on seeing the wood petals being turned into the real thing.

26. - Top - End - #446

[Inside a Wreck]

The linesman, he doesn't seem quite up to walking. But he's pulled along just fine, just insisting they stop so he can grab hold of his box again.
    The clowns seem to be letting them go, and in short order Nick will have them back to the entrance.

That hallway leads to a small empty room with bare slightly dusty shelves. It's littered with empty plastic boxes.

The spike does not easily move when pulled. Seems like there's a lot more of the thing under the floor.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-08-23 at 06:32 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside a Wreck

Nick is breathing heavily by the time they get back through the hole. He isn't used to carrying people even through short distances, especially not with armor on. He continues a ways off away from the hole before stopping, though.
    "Okay, so, I'm sorry about all of that, kid, but uh, care to tell me what just happened and if we should be running?" he asks. "Please tell me all the decks aren't like that."

28. - Top - End - #448

[Inside a Wreck]

The linesman looks outside the ship and recoils, sitting down just inside the salted pathway and hugging his box tightly.
    "The Circus; it's a fairy tale the nurses scare us with as children. Supposedly the Corrupted brought them here, and they haunt the abandoned sectors; if you misbehave they'll steal you away and make you join the circus, performing madly forever. They aren't supposed to be real. Or this close."

He gives a shake of the head.
    "All the decks aren't that bad though. The Gravity Layer isn't safe to living things, the Hold is really dangerous, though not so much since we reached the nexus, the Servitor Sector has been dangerous since the Corrupted came, and the Needle Nests, now that they aren't sealed away are pretty bad. But in total, that's still just all a little bit of the ship."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside a Wreck

Nick just sort of accepts this and tries to move on.
    "Okay, so I guess the better question would be: where are we going now, since your hull seems to have gained an infestation of killer clowns?
    And uh, what's with the box?"
    he asks worriedly.

30. - Top - End - #450

[Entrance to Wreck]

"I need to get the box out safely. There was a space station around one of these planets where the earlier lines went. Would you know about those? I can get details if I need to."
    The linesman hugs his box tightly.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine