New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Dominion, Season 2

Dominion, the tv sequel of the movie Legion returns for season 2. Ironic considering my ire against the increasing depressiveness of Defiant, the rather depressing nature of Dominion does not bother me. Watching the season premier I recollect being entertained the first season and am pleased it continues. There is hope with our Hero, The Chosen One, as he finally does a successful exorcism. Hope continues with Michael finding a town of human who still believe in God and apparently that faith is real and powerful enough to ward off against the possessed. Michael, having abandoned Vega for dissecting angels and no longer mentors The Chosen One, fights on behalf of the town against the possessed when their faith focus fire goes out due to rain. Perhaps his faith in Humanity is being restored.

For the voyeurs out there, it was Michael's turn to flash his bare butt bathing in the ocean. Being naked his wings were also in bloom. It was an erotic image. Perhaps gratuitous but not vulgar. It could be a painting of good taste.

Watching the episode I noticed one common thing. My enjoyment diminished every time Evil Bad Guy played by Anthony Head was on. He was annoying the first season, and it's gotten worse. I really don't think this character adds anything to the show. It's stereotypical BBEG lust for power that doesn't fit. There has to be some bad guy, a source of conflict, to have a show, but Gabriel is enough to fill that role. If you want to add an element to twist things up a bit and even give Gabriel problems, forget Anthony Head and have Lucifer show up. Ask for Humans to follow him since God's Chosen One failed, and he'll save them from Gabriel. It's an obvious plot hook, but it works. If they eventually reveal Anthony Head is Lucifer that would be stupid and major fail. Not having Lucifer show up in season one is fine. There's no excuse for not having him show up in season 2 unless he is involved somehow with why God left.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominion, Season 2

The Good - Anthony Head is set-up and blackmailed out of power. He's not going away and will cause problems later, but for now I will enjoy the moment of hope his character will just go away and stop ruining the show by existing and causing trouble for the sake of causing trouble that doesn't contribute to anything.

The Bad - She-Woman Man Hater angel in disguise is ultimately responsible for the set-up. This may or may not fit in her agenda of destroying all males, but I'll accept for now that while obviously she has ulterior motives this set-up was to get rid of a villain and not sexist man-hating just to get rid of a male in power. I want her gone from the show too.

Theory - The Town's faith is unknowingly worshiping Lucifer. If they bring in Lucifer and this is how it's done, I approve. I would also accept it's all legit and really about God. The Town is interesting, and I want to know what happens. This is a very good thing. All I really care about the show now is The Town & Michael and Our Hero Alex & whatever he's doing. Claire & Vega are just filler. I still have some care, but it's losing relevancy. If Alex manages to bring an alliance between New Delphi and Vega I suppose it won't lose all relevancy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominion, Season 2

Nice Christian theology parable vis-a-vis Michael "dying" for the Town's Sins then "resurrecting" since the knife he used to kill himself couldn't hurt him permanently. Then he reveals himself as an angel to the Town Bully Who Hates His Guts to admonish his murdering ways. Very interested in knowing what will happen next. Nice touch Gabriel felt Michael's death and mourned. They're on opposing sides, but they're not Enemies.