New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

Nick's Place

Nick chuckes at Fortuna's antics and blatant ignorance of the laws of physics.
    "Genevaaa, I told you that you needed to get this out of your system every so often! You've gone from bouncing off the walls to bouncing through them!" he laughs. He's not bothered. He likes her for her spontaneity. Which tends to turn into worry when she stays out of it. It's not as bad as when Myobi locked her chaos away, but clearly there are some backup issues.

With a small laugh, Nick uses his wings to blow away the suds with his wings.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Nick's Place]

Suds-begon!

The bubbles pop in short order, revealing that Nick's arm and neck are good as new! With the addition of a few stripes the color of raspberry juice. They will staunchly refuse to clean off. Though that's still better than being made out of blue lava, right?

Right.

"Nyeh, I had a good reason!" Fortuna retorts as she slides up along side Nick, putting an arm across his back. "A bad-good reason. That whole pokemon thing was really jarring."

Several jars in the kitchen clatter with agreement.

"I thought, what if it was something even more serious? What if it put my friends in danger? But the more I think about it the more I'm sure it won't. My magic is for making things fun! Not for making things dangerous. What good is a little chaos if it just ruins everything? I feel bad if my friends feel bad, so why would my magic try to sabotage my fun?"

That is a rather important thing when it comes to draconequui. Their primary motivation tends to be amusing themselves.

It's why most of them fell into the nasty habit of treating people like toys.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "We're in negotiations about acquiring resources for a new HQ. As for missing members, all that aren't confirmed dead are gone without a trace," Wenomir explains with a heavy sigh. Particularly one member he'd much like to know anything about... "I won't lie. We're not in a good shape now and it'll take time to change it."
    [Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Training Room

The Flaming Knight nods thoughtfully as Wenomir finishes speaking. "I shall assist, just say the word. What need I do?"

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick's Place

"Well, it has now given someone a kid twice. No harm doesn't mean it has no consequence. After all, you felt bad about the Pokemon thing. Sometimes your magic does make you feel bad."

Like that time when she was still Geneva and she killed that alien by turning its blood into acid. That was horrifying and I hope she never does it ever again.

"Do you need to go out and turn some things into cheese or something? Your weirdness aura isn't usually this strong."
    Or maybe he just doesn't remember because it's been months.

5. - Top - End - #305

[Nick's Place]

It's an intention thing, mostly.

With that alien she had been trying to incapacitate it with its magic. The accomplished more than just incapacitation, though. Alien sure stopped being a threat.

"Oh! Cheese!" Fortuna laughs, a train of thought suddenly pulling in to the station of memory.

This is accompanied by an actual tiny train chugging its way into one of her ears.

"I read something about someone who likes cheese. Someone kind of like me! I wonder if they live in the Nexus, too?" she ponders aloud. "Or some version of them, at least. If Fallout is a thing here, then why not The Elder Scrolls? That seems reasonable, right?"

Oh gods she's talking about Sheogoroth.

That's just what the Nexus needs.

More beings of elemental CHAOS!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick's Place

"I guess so. If you ever meet, let me know. I'll be sure to be a mile away." he says with a nervous chuckle. The last thing he needs is to get infected with chaos. Geneva turned out all right when it happened to her, but he might go nuts!

Also, Sheo would be awful to RP! He changes accent, so the font and text color would have to alternate! Very complicated.

7. - Top - End - #307

[Nick's Place]

"Hehe, probably! I bet there would be all sorts of silly things that happen," Forte laughs. "But that's probably an adventure for another day. Nap time now!"

And then?

She keels over face-first into the carpet and begins snoring.

A large log getting sawed in half drifting above her head completes the image.

And gets sawdust on Nick's carpet.

Well!

Looks like that's that.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Continuing to watch the conversation, The Portal raises an eyebrow quizzically. Is the organization he just joined nothing more than a sinking ship? He wonders If there is anything he can do too help, and then gets an idea. "Might I make a suggestion?" asks Portal, without really waiting for a response he continues, "I understand that defeating the demons and finding the missing members is our main objective, and rightfully so, but perhaps we should be doing more in the meantime? If understand correctly our mission statement is to defend against threats to The Nexus, surely demons aren't the only threat out there right now?"

9. - Top - End - #309
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [New Peacefield]

"That's exactly what I'm saying, Allie. A bunch of people to care about in different ways." Jinkei whispers into Alkania's ears as she is hugged.

"Try me, Allie." She lays down on the bed, trying her best to look sexy, then pulls Alkania on top of her, aiming to kiss her and nibble on her earlobes.
    "Took a while to agree we were agreeing, didn't it?"

Alkania tries her. Turns out it doesn't take much trying to look that way when the viewer has this whole thing built up around you. She thought Jinkei looked sexy as the door opened. Her aim is right on target, fire is returned.
    "So do you remember-"
    Things best not onscreen.

And will the kitsune remember this scene later, or might this scene of exploration play out over and over? It's truly lucky she remembered how to read. That would be quite a thing to relearn.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Took a while, indeed.

It turns out that Jinkei either remembers or is a very fast learner, though the hesitancy that comes with a first time is evident. A while later, Jinkei lays beside Alkania, looking her in the eyes. "That was awesome, Allie. What do you think?" Her tail flops on Allie's leg.

For now, she still remembers, though it's clear she's forgetting how she got here or why she did. Clear in that references to that are met with semi-blank looks from the snow kitsune. Somehow, she still knows who Allie is.

11. - Top - End - #311

[New Peacefield]

"Not. Bad."
    Alkania runs her fingers through the fur of the tails, slowly recovering her breath. She's willing to meet Jinkei's eyes, grey circles sparkling. Jinkei might have noticed she's not as weak as she looks.
    "Did you learn something?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Training Room

Wenomir nods when The Portal interjects.

"That is true. There are other threats out there, and they might be getting bolder after our defeat. Which brings me to what I was going to say..." he looks between the two new members. "For the most part, I, Cessie and other leaders are not going to be giving you direct orders. Our current situation aside, Vigil trusts its members to act on their own initiative. So if you want to pursue threats to the people of the Nexus on your own, by all means to so. Just exercise caution until we get back on our feet resources-wise. Cessie and I will take care of getting us a new base. I'll inform everyone if we need something done on that front."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-07-31 at 05:17 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Training Room

"Aye, so shall it be!" Flaming Knight exclaims. "A lot of evil to smite, a lot of good to be done, a lot of wrongs to be righted out there! I shall try my best to ensure those that seek to bring down this order will not succeed."

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei sighs as her green eyes meet Alkania's sparkling grey eyes. She has noticed this woman displaying a strength that one wouldn't be able to tell she possessed, just by looking, and decides to comment on it. "I learnt a lot, thank you. I also learnt not to judge a book by its cover." She grins as she says this, then winks.

Her ears perk up a bit. "Say, are you coming for the... err...?" A quick notebook-check later, and she is reminded. "The bridal shower?"

14. - Top - End - #314

[New Peacefield]

"Write it down."

Confusion, then surprise.
    "Is that already? Yes, ah, let me get ready."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei does so, then gets up and gets dressed while Allie gets ready. She also makes sure to pick up the books she's borrowed.

Before long, she's started reading one of the books while she waits.

16. - Top - End - #316

[New Peacefield]

Alkania doesn't take long. Well, she normally wouldn't, but she's a bit slower than normal, just drifting from task to task.

But before even a chapter of the book has been read, she'll be ready ad calling Jinkei to head outside.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei gets up, books in hand, and follows Allie outside.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Ray smiles. Now that's more like it! "Understood, I think I'm going to go out for a bit, see if anyone needs my help." A notecard and pen appear suddenly in his right hand, and jots down a phone number. "Here's my cell" he says before attempting to hand the note to Wenomir "If you need me for anything feel free to call." Once that's over the pen vanishes and he turns to Flaming Knight, "And uh, it's a pleasure to meet you as well" holding out his hand to shake.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Bugbear in the Playground

Training Room

While they have talked, Mia made her stuff ready to. Befor she leaves she goes to Wenomir.

"I know some people that might help. They are not wealthy, but if we need to build or construct something they will be very helpful." she says. "Well then until tomorrow." then she heads for the exit.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Training Room

Wenomir takes the note with a nod.

"Will do. Once we have a new base, we'll work on getting a proper communications system again." He glances at Mia. "Let me know if they can help, then."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Training Room

((Posted in new VIGIL thread))

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Felandria's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Wenomir briefly ponders the life choices that brought him to the point where dealing with Jezebel might not be the worst option he has. Then he realizes that his influence of anything that has happened in the past few years has been negligible.

"Accepting money from governments is not really an option," he says in reluctant agreement. "We could take money from each of them, instead of just one, so we can't be said to answer to only one. But that'd make us a bargaining chip between them. However, even though I might believe that you have no ulterior motive, others might not think so. But then, maybe it's time we stopped giving a damn about what the public thinks."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Felandria's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Cessie & Jezebel

"Perhaps you should find more than one donor in that case Wenomir. There has to be more trustworthy businesses than just Jezebel that would be willing to support us. I'm fairly sure I could find some if I started looking." Cessie suggests.

"I think it is more along the lines of whther or not you can afford to put too much weight on the public's opinion right now."
    Jezebel points out. "Or you can do the simplest thing and simply not say who gave you the funding. Publicly deny that you've accepted money for me and handle all the transactions yourself with contractors, merchants, and anyone else you need to buy things from." She advises before leaning back slightly in her chair. "And do remember that I have an ulterior motive here. It is simply to keep a buffer of safety close at hand."

23. - Top - End - #323

Luna Lab

Evan looks vaguely interested in the inventory menu. His interest passes after a moment and he crosses his arms.

"Nice trick but in all honesty I'd really like to get home. I'm exhausted."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

Luna Lab

"Yes, yes, do go, but keep in touch!"

Luna and the Prof share a long hug before the portal is opened. "Let's go home, Evan."

Hand-in-hand, she leads him into the portal, the other side of which is their house.

25. - Top - End - #325

Armire Residence

Evan walks through the portal and promptly flops down onto the nearest couch with a muffled groan.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

[Armire Residence]

Now that they're back, away from the safety of the lab, Luna suddenly feels awkward. She takes her time admiring her new body, the markings on her arms and legs and whatnot.

If Evan doesn't speak first, then moments will pass before she speaks. "So... how've you been?"

27. - Top - End - #327

Armire Residence

Evan doesn't respond but judging by the state of the house, he hasn't been living here. The rifle resting beside him is covered in fresh tally marks.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

[Armire Residence]

Luna catches sight of the tally marks, and sighs deeply. Slowly, she walks over to him and sits on his lap. "Evan Armire, the man I love, the man I keep hurting, like the fool I am."

She changes position so that she's straddling him. "Tell me how I can make it better. I will do anything necessary."

29. - Top - End - #329

[Sebastian's Apartment]

Bastian sighs as he fumbles open the lock, assuming Krok even bothered to lock things up behind him, stamping down the rumpled welcome mat. There are big croccy bite marks all over the table besides the door now, and even more than when he left. One leg is basically a splinter propped up on a pile of books, and Sebastian leans down to wiggle the holy writ of Sobek out from among the cheap thriller novels and paperback horrors.

"Napoleon?" Big yellow eyes stare from beneath the couch, a puff of cotton hanging from its jaws. "This is not how we get attention."
    The eyes scuttle forwards curiously as Sebastian goes to open the fridge door, and returns with a dripping fragment of meat between his fingers, cautiously dangling the treat over the gap. A flash of teeth lunges forward, and Bastian's hand comes down around Napoleon's neck before it can squirm back underneath, dragging the protesting crocodile out as it flails its little legs and squawks indignantly. "No! Bad boy, bad."

With the wriggling bundle of scales and teeth held firmly to his chest, smearing chicken blood down his front, and the book sandwiched awkwardly beneath his arm, Sebastian glances around for this mysterious gift from the gods. Another ridiculous problem to juggle. Hopefully, at least another cute one.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-08-07 at 07:51 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebastian's Apartment

Sebastian shouldn't have to look that hard. Sitting on his couch is a small wooden crate that looks like it could contain a bowling ball-sized item. And there are probably crocodile tooth marks all over it, but that hasn't actually destroyed it. Being hand-delivered, it doesn't have any markings besides a simple HANDLE WITH CARE.