New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC]Crisis at Jawal Avignon(5E)

Drekek, Elite Totem Warrior
    Drek makes an odd, low series of chirps that you may or may not mistaken as a growl. He moves around the orcs until he finds a good spot, and then strikes out at them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turn
    Move - Around behind
    Action - vs O1 (1d20+6)[24], (1d10+6)[12] - this killed orc 1, so I'll move my bonus to Orc 2
    Bonus - vs O1, (1d20+6)[20], (1d4+6)[10]
    from my feat:When you take the Attack action and attack with only a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff, you can use a bonus action to make a melee attack with the opposite end of the weapon. The weapon’s damage die for this attack is a d4, and the attack deals bludgeoning damage.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2015-11-02 at 09:31 AM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Soveliss

Seeing Drek attack the two remaining orcs, Soveliss brings his staff whistling up from a defensive position to strike the closest orc in the throat, crushing it's windpipe, before quickly striking it in the temple with his elbow, stilling its frantic efforts to breathe.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

staff attack: (1d20+6)[17] for (1d8+4)[11] damage add (1d8)[7] if crit
    unarmed attack : (1d20+6)[26] for (1d4+4)[8] damage add (1d4)[1] if crit
    Last edited by Fighting_Ferret; 2015-11-02 at 09:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Impressive mental fortitude, Zaladane grimaces as the monk almost get sliced in half. But surely, such brutes who have the manners of a goat and who smell like donkeys can't resist her mental prowess for long!

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind Thrust: (1d20+5)[12] vs Intelligence score of Orc nearest to Zaladane. Hit: (1d8)[7] and Crit (1d8)[4]
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Below Jawal

Falling fast, these lack-luster troops seem to put up little resistance. The last charges the mystic, wincing in pain as his mind tries to crush him from within his own skull. Through eyes teared with pain, he swings at the human. It comes close to scoring the fair mystic but a turn of the head, a shift of the body, and the blow goes wide.

Spoiler: Orc rolls
    Show
    Orc 4
    close to Zaladane and swing away!
    Greataxe vs Zaladane AC(17) - (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage - (1d12+3)[15]

Players' turn.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2015-11-05 at 01:40 AM.
    No longer active in forums.
    Thank you to all who have brought me joy in game and out.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs
    Melhved Brombriar, Goliath Warden - Keep of the Shadowfell (retired)
    Aeren Tatallaner, Eladrin Bard - Scales of War (retired)
    DMings

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With a huff and a puff, Zaladane pierces through the puny orc's mental defenses!

"You blind FOOL," she screeches. "Me Orc in disguise! Stop attacking Orc!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Occluded Mind vs. Orc. (expends 3 psi points)
    Orc must make DC13 intelligence save: (1d20)[9] or believe one statement of my choice ("Me Orc in disguise") for the next five minutes. The statement can be up to ten words long, and must describe me or a creature or object the target can see.

Remaining Psi: 5/14

OOC: Let's capture this guy and interrogate him!
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-11-05 at 04:59 AM.
    Now Playing

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Drek, realizing that the wizard-thing is trying not to kill the orc, runs over to the beast. He does his best to knock it out, and not kill it, so they may ask it questions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turn
    Move - to G7
    Action - Attack with NON-LETHAL damage (1d20+6)[10], (1d10+6)[8]
    Bonus - Extra feat attack, also non-lethal, (1d20+6)[25], (1d4+6)[9]

Drek runs over and slashes at the orc, but it dodges it. But with an impressive display Drekek whips his halberd around and knocks the orc in the head, it falling to the ground in an unconcious state. He then looks at Zaladane, "You wanted this one for questioning, no? We do not usually do that, but your actions made it seem so. Is this true, or should I slit its throat now?"
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2015-11-05 at 09:18 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane looks at the bloodthirsty bird monk as her lips curl into a thin smile. Finally, she looses an involuntary shrug and addresses the Aarakocra directly. "Indeed, my dear Drekek, such is my intention. Surely it is advantageous to find out how many orcs are here, and how they reached this place. I fear however that your violence may have counteracted any suggestion I might have implanted in the creature's cranium. He may not be as cooperative as we hope."
    Now Playing

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

"There are ways of making someone talk. We use them with the earth denizens that invade our domain." Drekek goes about tying the creature's hands and feet and dragging him into the room and propping him up on the wall. He also gags the orc for now, just in case. "I do not want him screaming when he wakes, we don't need our location given away."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

" You are aware that any information extracted under torture or duress is unreliable, aren't you? In fact, they will simply tell you what you want to hear just to get you to stop. Any information from such a tainted source is useless. We need to Charm him somehow!"
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-11-05 at 10:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

If Drek could raise an eyebrow, his would be up and looking at Zaladane very confused, "Torture? We do not do such things. That is left for the earth denizens, we are not so crass as to torture someone for information. We have other ways, rituals and magics that help extract information. It isn't always pleasant for them, but it is not torture."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Below Jawal

The orc lolls around on the ground, halfway between life and death. No other sound is heard besides the echoing of your voices down the hallway.

PCs
    DMings

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"All right. I leave it up to you to extract the necessary information from his mind," Zaladane says as she investigates the fallen orcs and their belongings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Investigation: (1d20+6)[22]
    Now Playing

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Drekek shrugs, "I will do my best. Usually the shamans are the ones to perform such things. But I will do my best." Drekek pokes at the orc with the stick side of his halberd, waking the creature up, hopefully. Once it is awake. "Cowardly creature, you shall tell us how many are you, or my friend here will pull the information from your mind, and leave you nothing more than a drooling chicken."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I don't know if you want an intimidate, because Drek isn't being mean or angry, it is actually being about as truthful as he can. He does truly believe that Zaladane would be able to do that.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

14. - Top - End - #134

BardGuy

Soveliss will keep watch while the others question the prisoner.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Zaladane
    Show
    Battleaxes and leather hide armor cover most of the orc accessories. Two have fetishes in honor of Gruumsh while the other two carry small pouches with 3 gold pieces each. One small pouch contains a scrap of parchment with a rough sketch of a long bladed spear with several barbs along its length.

Spoiler: Drekek
    Show
    The orc looks you over a spits at you from his swollen lips, flecks of foam and blood fall far short of you. "Weak threats mean nothing. One shall rise and destroy all. Gruumsh Chosen shall free the Elf Destroyer. Inferiors will not survive. You are one to speak of 'chickens'." His grunting guffaws belie how truly injured he is as a wracking cough cuts short his merriment.

Spoiler: Soveliss
    Show
    Besides, the orcish boasting and Zaladane's pilfering, little else in heard. The corridor appears uninhabited.

PCs
    DMings

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane makes a show of taking one of the fetishes, spitting on it, and grinding it on the floor in full view of the orc.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-11-11 at 01:59 AM.
    Now Playing

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Drekek looked at the orc, puzzled, with his head cocked to the side for a moment. He didn't understand. Usually when I ask questions such as these I get the answers I need. Clearly the Shamans do more than I thought, Drek pondered to himself. He then has an idea, "Well if this god of your will kill us anyway, doesn't matter if we know how many of you there are. So, how many of you are there?" Drekek then looks over the orc to see if there is any of those things the human female found. If she is destroying them in full view of the orc, there must be a reason.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to find a fetish as well, on this orc (1d20+4)[9]

I think that is a sign I should stop rolling things lol
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2015-11-11 at 09:36 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Drekek
    As you look over the orc lying in fornt of you nothing catches your eye until Zaladane grinds the other's fetish under her boot. The orc growls and puts a hand to his belt line where you see, soaked in his blood and mingled with his entrails, a fetish made of braided hair and and oval stone with a symbol of an eye scratched upon it. He rubs it absentmindedly but catches you looking at it. "He Who Watches shall rain fire and death upon all who oppose Him. One Eye will end you all."

Soveliss
    The endless banter of the orc bores you. You turn to scan the area and see something in the southern most part of the corridor duck back into the darkness.

PCs
    DMings

19. - Top - End - #139

BardGuy

Soveliss

Seeing something trying to remain hidden to the south, Soveliss walks over to Zaladane and quietly whispers to her, "There is something or someone to the south, trying to remain hidden from our eyes."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane focuses her mental energies in Soveliss' direction, speaking directly into his mind and allowing him to respond telepathically as well...Indeed? I shall try to determine the creature's whereabouts, but will need your cooperation to flush it out! I can attempt to perceive things that others may miss, but this is only effective within thirty feet!Zaladane pauses to let Soveliss respond, and then begins to concentrate on her Third Eye discipline. Even if she is unable to see anything, she will be able to divine its position!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Concentrate on Third Eye. Zaladane gains blindsight 30.Move to the South, signaling Soveliss to proceed.Activate Unwavering Eye using 1 psionic point to gain advantage on Wisdom checks for 1 minute.Perception: (1d20+2)[3] (1d20+2)[15]
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-11-23 at 09:56 AM.
    Now Playing

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Drekek notices that the orc pawing at a fetish tucked into its belt, and he grabs it from the orc's possession. He looks it over and then looks at the orc, "One cannot see us if we blind him," and with that Drek drops the fetish to the ground, and pokes the thing through the eye with his talon, piercing it with his razor sharp talons and effectively blinding the small fetish.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

22. - Top - End - #142

BardGuy

Soveliss

Soveliss will happily go with Zaladane, interposing himself between the psychic and any danger.
    Last edited by Fighting_Ferret; 2015-11-23 at 05:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Zaladane
    Show
    Moving cautiously behind the monk, you psychicly feel your way along the passage. The ten foot wide corridor extends beyond your senses, but, as you travel its length, you detect skeletons, broken and scattered, along its edges at the base of the walls. Several carry spears which appear to have been recently disturbed and snapped. An entry to your right thirty feet down the hall is half blocked by closed doors. The bottoms of the doors have been eaten away by years of vermin visitors. An occasional rat scurries away at your approach, but it is the muffled sound from farther down the passage that catches your attention. A rat's squeal, much louder than a regular rodent's call, sounds and is silenced with a squish.

Show
    Leading the mystic, you use your elven eyes to watch ahead for trouble. In the darkness, your fey gift allows you to see as on a moonlit night. The ten foot wide corridor extends beyond your senses, but, as you travel its length, you see skeletons, broken and scattered, along its edges at the base of the walls. Several carry spears which appear to have been recently disturbed and snapped. An entry to your right thirty feet down the hall is half blocked by closed doors. The bottoms of the doors have been eaten away by years of vermin visitors. An occasional rat scurries away at your approach, but it is the muffled sound from around the passage's bend some fifty feet farther that catches your attention, the same left bend where you saw movement earlier. A rat's squeal, much louder than a regular rodent's call, sounds and is silenced with a squish.

Show
    The eye gives softly, mushing into a pulpy mess, as if an overripe grape. The orc twitches in movement before doubling over in pain from his wounds. He continues to glower at you with an intense hatred. You feel that turning your back on him, even in his wounded condition, could be a life-ending mistake. From down the passage, you hear a rat's squeal, much louder than a regular rodent's call, sound before it is silenced with a squish.

PCs
    DMings

24. - Top - End - #144

BardGuy

Soveliss

Soveliss silently gestures to Zaladane that he has detected something, as he stealthily makes his way there.

Show

stealth: (1d20+6)[23]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Drek find himself at a loss of what to do now....the shamans generally take care of the questioning. He steps away from the orc so that it is just out of his reach, and then hears a squish from down the hall. He knows his allies are down there, so he starts to get worried, but does not want to let on that he heard whatever is approaching. "Friends, come back, I must speak with you." He then acts as though he is no longer paying attention to the tied up orc. Truly, most of his focus is still on the beast, and should it charge, Drek will be ready for it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mechanically, Drek will be stepping so that he is 15' away from the orc. Should the orc charge him, Drek will be able to attack the orc using his halberd, as per his feat.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Now fully aware that something was trying to keep hidden from the group, Zaladane presses on with a psychic assault! Shoot first, there will be time for apologies later!

"Come out! I know you are there!" she veritably shrieks in its mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind Thrust: (1d20+5)[24] vs the quarry's Intelligence Score. Hit: (1d8)[7] and Crit: (1d8)[1].
    Now Playing

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Soveliss and Zaladane
    Show
    You hear another grunt at Zaladane's psychic onslaught. Footsteps, now undisguised, now stomp away from you, fading into the distance. Reaching the end of the corridor nearly forty feet away, you peer around the corner to find another ten foot wide passage continuing to the left. Dusty wall hangings and tapestries cover the walls. There all three exits from this hallway wall: One to the south only ten feet away, another at the end of the 60 foot hall to the left, and another at the end to the right. From the echoes, you believe he ran all the way down the corridor, but you cannot hear footsteps any longer.

Show
    When you step away from the orc, out of the corner of your eye, you can see the orc trying to work himself into some sort of action. He begins to lean up, but his wounds cause him to flop back down, writhing in agony. It is clear there is nothing left in him but evil intent.

PCs
    DMings

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane waits for Soveliss' lead. If he were a proper gentleman, he would not let a lady go off first and trigger traps...
    Now Playing

29. - Top - End - #149

BardGuy

Soveliss

Soveliss quietly says to Zaladane, Get Drekek..."[/url] as he starts scanning the floor for disturbances and traps in preparation of following the noise of fleeing footsteps.

Show

Looking for clues and traps:
    perception: (1d20+6)[18]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    The dust on the floor, scattered haphazardly by unrecognizable numbers of feet, gives you little idea of who has passed or what final directions they have gone. Their crisscrossing paths lead you to believe they were not sure of their destination. With this many footsteps, you would think any trigger would have tripped, but there is no evidence of traps or hazards. However, while following the floor/wall junction, you notice the floor continuing beyond the bottom of the two nearest tapestries, as if an opening lies behind the heavy wall hangings depicting Gruumsh standing victoriously over many fallen foes.

PCs
    DMings