New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: How Belkar will die...

Huh. I'd say the latest comic brings a new possible twist on "not long for this world". World ends, Belkar survives. Now wouldn't that be one crazy prophecy twist?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

While that is my favorite twist so far, I am not sure that the gods will save anyone who is currently inhabiting the world they are destroying. They have been very calous so far.
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Huh. I'd say the latest comic brings a new possible twist on "not long for this world". World ends, Belkar survives. Now wouldn't that be one crazy prophecy twist?
    Came here to post the same thing...

I always firmly beleived that Belkar was, indeed, going to die.

But this new strip... Now I don't know. I'll have to go back and re-read whatever the Oracle said in "Prophet mode".

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Theories and guesses abound about Belkar's soon-to-be death, but my 2 cp is this: Why bring back the character of Grubwiggler and his Golem's now? It's not like he was important to the story after Roy's arc. A popular idea seems to be that Belkar's "Last Breath" will see him turned into a vampire at the fangs of Durkula, but who's to say a certain mage won't find him and refine his new Intelligent Golem process? Red herring, or good foreshadowing?
    Last edited by AlurenDarkfire; 2015-08-10 at 07:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Spamalot in the Playground

Still doesn't change "last breath ever" - nor Elan's happy ending for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by AlurenDarkfire View Post
    Why bring back the character of Grubwiggler and his Golem's now? It's not like he was important to the story after Roy's arc.
    So, bringing Crystal back to "life" in a way which allowed Haley to talk her into killing her old boss isn't important in any way? You have an odd definition of "important" if that's your opinion.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It doesnt look like Crystal or Bozok even needed to be in this arc, IMO. That may change in the future, but it seemed like filler, although Haley getting a little more development was nice.
    Last edited by AlurenDarkfire; 2015-08-11 at 06:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfPirate

Comic #666 was the one where they were talking about how Belkar would die. O-Chul thanks Belkar for throwing him off a cliff.

Therefore in the upcoming #999 (i.e. 666 on its head) the situation will be turned on its head, and O-Chul will save Belkar, who is falling off a cliff!

Calling it!?!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ooOoo View Post
    Comic #666 was the one where they were talking about how Belkar would die. O-Chul thanks Belkar for throwing him off a cliff.

Therefore in the upcoming #999 (i.e. 666 on its head) the situation will be turned on its head, and O-Chul will save Belkar, who is falling off a cliff!

Calling it!?!
    That is actually quite plausible.
    And once again, Probability proves itself willing to sneak into a back alley and service Drama as would a copper-piece harlot.