New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't remember offhand what the manga called it so I checked the wiki, and it lists Bloodcurdle as Stain's Quirk. The recent anime English subtitles also listed Bloodcurdle for Stain. Was there a different name for Stain's Quirk?
    It's one in the morning and that was like a year ago I don't promise to be accurate just funny.

But yeah no that cinches it. Knuckle Duster's gonna punch Stendahl's nose off.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-07-25 at 02:06 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe it's his brother or... something...
    But yeah, good chapter again. Not much else to add.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Whats kinda funny is that its not his quick thats really making Stain so scary.
    Its more that he has a lot of sharp blades where most fight with their fists, and physical ability that has very clearly passed into the superhuman area.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2017-07-25 at 02:20 PM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #1174

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Mimic, the guy controlling the walls, is starting to lose the high of his quirk enhancer. So now it's time to change things up! Toga and Twice appear to fight, and Toga shows that she's as badass as she appeared to be in the last arc, making use of her doubles made by Twice and even outmanouvering Eraserhead...though we do learn from his Erasure of her quirk that she just doesn't actually wear clothing they're all morphed onto her from her quirk use. Jeez. She also gets super happy that Deku recognized her, and she's quite enjoying this little fight. We also learn that hey, this is what happened during that villain meeting between Overhaul and Tomura!

Meanwhile, Twice and what is likely going to be a small army of cloned Precept members are going up against Sir Nighteye. This should be good.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well, Mimic... I guess you should have tried to trick them if you're too weak too beat them. Too bad for you.
    Also: Wow, Midoriya caught the idiot ball this week. Sudden imposter and you don't even question it for a second?!
    And... Toga is naked. Like... I mean, yeah, it makes sense what with her quirk but... damn, this isn't FT, is it?
    But I see little chance for her beating Eraser and Deku at the same time...

Well, more fighting next week. I guess we'll see what Sir can do in an actual fight.

As always, fine chapter, but not up the last few.
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

It does kinda make sense though. For Toga to not wear anything at all i mean. When she can create clothes though her quirk then it makes it possible to change outfits at an instance.

It is also some insame fighting skills she are showing off here. Thats a proffesional hero she are casually stabbing, after being caught in a sneak attack.

7. - Top - End - #1177

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, Mimic... I guess you should have tried to trick them if you're too weak too beat them. Too bad for you.
    Also: Wow, Midoriya caught the idiot ball this week. Sudden imposter and you don't even question it for a second?!
    And... Toga is naked. Like... I mean, yeah, it makes sense what with her quirk but... damn, this isn't FT, is it?
    But I see little chance for her beating Eraser and Deku at the same time...

Well, more fighting next week. I guess we'll see what Sir can do in an actual fight.

As always, fine chapter, but not up the last few.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean to be fair she's also properly perportioned for a human being and it's not sexualized in any way so this isn't Fairy Tail's return, it's just like everyone's favorite invisible girl. She just has then character trait of "is tastefully nude".

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Mirio also ends up naked when he uses his powers. It's catching.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yea Toga's got some mad skills. The lock guy was free because she tricked him with a clone, but stabbing Eraserhead after he taped her? Damn. Considering she's a schoolgirl serial killer she's either super talented or trained by herself somehow.

I am also excited to see Nighteye in a straight up fight. Twice has a Rappa clone with him too.

Shigaraki still looks kind of off balance when talking to Overhaul. Did he get hoodwinked into lending him Toga and Twice?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean to be fair she's also properly perportioned for a human being and it's not sexualized in any way so this isn't Fairy Tail's return, it's just like everyone's favorite invisible girl. She just has then character trait of "is tastefully nude".
    Opposed to the girl who is always nude
    But yes, I was mostly joking.

Something I forgot... Japanese reeeeeeally love shogi,huh?
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #1181

Opposed to the girl who is always nude
    But yes, I was mostly joking.

Something I forgot... Japanese reeeeeeally love shogi,huh?
    I mean it's like chess. If this was a purely American series Overhaul would be a mafia godfather's son and would of asked Shiguraki to chess. And they would of talked something about pawns as opposed to taking pieces. It would of ended up with the same symbolism (give me your pawns) but probably with a more sinister light to it.

Tomura would of acted like it's a bull**** game for nerds either way.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

I think you missed out on an important bit of symbolism here.
    Tomura straight up mentioned how he dont know to play the game. But he was listening very carefully to Overhaul.
    The important bit to take from this, is that He is leaning the game. Tomura is going to be the next All for One.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I think you missed out on an important bit of symbolism here.
    Tomura straight up mentioned how he dont know to play the game. But he was listening very carefully to Overhaul.
    The important bit to take from this, is that He is leaning the game. Tomura is going to be the next All for One.
    Well I mean yeah. Tomura still thinks it's a dumb game for idiot nerds, but he's at least paying attention to the situation and learning.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Villain co-operation lasts for all about two chapters. And we're seeing...actual bonds between the League of Villains?

I honestly am shocked that Shigaraki could pull that cool boss "I believe in you" speech. Granted he probably resonates with Twice and Toga naturally, but still he's always been kind of rash and dependent on Sensei's resources. Does he actually have a cunning plan to backstab yakuza boss Overhaul? That's interesting.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

15. - Top - End - #1185

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant. Tomura sent the two most unstable people on his team to destroy the Yakuza from within. If they kill the heroes, that's all the sweeter. Speaking of sweet, the League of Villains actually care about each other and it's super cool. Tomura's learning well.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I was kind of expecting this to lead to Toma stabbing twice in the back because he's proven useless... weird. maybe we will get some actual character development from her? I mean, twice is totally going down. But her...?
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Latest Anime Episode:

Interesting choice to have a filler episode instead of moving on to the main plot. Seeing how far ahead the manga is, I don't think it's a matter of catchup. Or do they pre-emptively space out the episodes. Anyway seeing Asui and her coast guard internship expanded is pretty cool.

Vigilantes

Spoiler
    Show
    Another flashback kind of chapter. How All Might and his cop buddy meet, basically. I would have assumed that All Might got a free pass from all the paperwork due to being All Might and all, but this explanation makes sense too. Even though exposing his identity to Tsukauchi so easily was kind of weird (for someone who has kept the nature of his quirk a secret for so long), I guess it's one of those coincidences.

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Latest Anime Episode:

Interesting choice to have a filler episode instead of moving on to the main plot. Seeing how far ahead the manga is, I don't think it's a matter of catchup. Or do they pre-emptively space out the episodes. Anyway seeing Asui and her coast guard internship expanded is pretty cool.

Vigilantes

Spoiler
    Show
    Another flashback kind of chapter. How All Might and his cop buddy meet, basically. I would have assumed that All Might got a free pass from all the paperwork due to being All Might and all, but this explanation makes sense too. Even though exposing his identity to Tsukauchi so easily was kind of weird (for someone who has kept the nature of his quirk a secret for so long), I guess it's one of those coincidences.
    I think it's implied for Vigilantes that this takes place relatively early in his career.

As for the anime...this isn't filler this is showing in more detail the training the other main cast members went through. Remember that the techniques and lessons they learn are incredibly important and used a lot. The timing is perfect, the latest manga volume release shows Uraraka using the technique she learned from Gunhead, as an example.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

I really need to catch up with the anime...

I had a conversation with a friend who just watched the tournament and who was and continues to be pissed at Kohei's treatment of women. Especially this time Shoto's mom because she was angry at how easily she got off despite being a terrible mother. She said because she is a woman she gets to be weak and doesn't have to take responsibility for the crap she did, the story even expecting us to feel sorry for her and why the hell would Shoto feel he owes her an apology.
    I never really thought about it but she has a point.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #1190

I really need to catch up with the anime...

I had a conversation with a friend who just watched the tournament and who was and continues to be pissed at Kohei's treatment of women. Especially this time Shoto's mom because she was angry at how easily she got off despite being a terrible mother. She said because she is a woman she gets to be weak and doesn't have to take responsibility for the crap she did, the story even expecting us to feel sorry for her and why the hell would Shoto feel he owes her an apology.
    I never really thought about it but she has a point.
    Considering Todoroki still isn't on good terms with his Mom, and the fact that Endeavor is a horribly abusive person...I'm going to have to be against your friend here. I think she definitely did something wrong, and while it was her choice to do it given the mental state she's in due to Endeavor being ENDEAVOR, I feel there's definitely the case for her having some serious mental and emotional damage.

Like, remember how many kids she had. Even having one kid is a pretty traumatic experience, and given Endeavor literally would not stop until he got the perfect genetic outcome, that's going to **** a person up. As for why Todoroki feels he should apologize to her, HE IS HER SON AND HE LOVES HER. Somethings aren't LOGICAL. No, Todoroki doesn't need to apologize for anything. He WANTS to though.

But yeah no given that she's in a mental hospital I'm pretty sure she is taking responsibility for what she did, in as best a way she can. She has a point sure, but it's a small one.

To clarify I'm not saying she's wrong, she can think what she thinks it's her interpretation. I just disagree that this is negative. Todoroki wants to apologize to his Mom because while yes, he got scalding water dumped on his face...he still loves his Mom, and wants to repair this bond he lost because of what he believes to be his father's fault. And given Endeavor is almost certainly physically abusive on top of emotionally, I don't feel comfortable saying he's wrong to think that. Endeavor's got a reputation for a reason.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-08-14 at 10:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, we disagreed quite heavily on the matter of her mental illness, or in how far it excuses her.
    But I have to agree with her on Endeavor's actions being a poor excuse.
    And Shoto was pretty justified in being angry at her and there really was little reason to seek her forgiveness even if he also blamed her for his dad's behavior.

But more general.. The girls often get the short end of the stick.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #1192

Yeah, we disagreed quite heavily on the matter of her mental illness, or in how far it excuses her.
    But I have to agree with her on Endeavor's actions being a poor excuse.
    And Shoto was pretty justified in being angry at her and there really was little reason to seek her forgiveness even if he also blamed her for his dad's behavior.

But more general.. The girls often get the short end of the stick.
    Oh they do trust me, that's something Horikoshi needs to work on, but he's getting better.

I disagree that a man who literally enforced eugenics on you and your children is a poor excuse for having a mental breakdown and dumping hot water on a kid who looks a lot like him. Todoroki IS justified in being angry at his Mom, but I still totally believe him wanting to forgive her and repair that bond.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter.

Not much happening, but what happens is interesting. Next week will likely be a lot more exciting.
    The league can be funny, though.
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #1194

New chapter.

Not much happening, but what happens is interesting. Next week will likely be a lot more exciting.
    The league can be funny, though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    We get a full detailing of Toga and Twice's quirks, as well as making it VERY clear that yes, Tomura betrayed the **** out of the Yakuza.

Next week is gonna rule.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

This chapter was kinda confusing. First they state they are not going to tell anything. Then they suddenly blab out everything about their quirks. And lastly they say FaceHand isnt going to betray the Yakuza.

26. - Top - End - #1196

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show

This chapter was kinda confusing. First they state they are not going to tell anything. Then they suddenly blab out everything about their quirks. And lastly they say FaceHand isnt going to betray the Yakuza.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looked like someone in the room has a quirk that compels truthful answers to direct questions. (They both seemed surprised that they'd answered).

Which means that the answer that Tomura has "no plans" to betray the Yakuza is true, but he's definitely given the operatives he's sent a very long leash and sufficiently vague orders that allow their current behaviour to occur. (This is where the Shogi lessons come in...)
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2017-08-18 at 04:40 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ahh yeah.. good theory.. it is likely thats the explanation.

28. - Top - End - #1198

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show

Ahh yeah.. good theory.. it is likely thats the explanation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My guess it's the little guy sitting with Overhaul, who is possibly an ascended animal like the Principal given he's far too small to be a human.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2017-08-18 at 08:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    We get a full detailing of Toga and Twice's quirks, as well as making it VERY clear that yes, Tomura betrayed the **** out of the Yakuza.

Next week is gonna rule.
    Unless they LIE!

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, I didn't intend to discredit what happened but it was kind of info dump, then ashort fight, and that's it.

Amd yeah, I also assumed it was just weird first but it's clearly the little guy making them answer honestly. I guess I would have used that power on the question about Shigaraki betraying them but... whatever. Maybe it's not possible or part of some plan... We'll see.
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #1200

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looked like someone in the room has a quirk that compels truthful answers to direct questions. (They both seemed surprised that they'd answered).

Which means that the answer that Tomura has "no plans" to betray the Yakuza is true, but he's definitely given the operatives he's sent a very long leash and sufficiently vague orders that allow their current behaviour to occur. (This is where the Shogi lessons come in...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or they're lying. Remember that the person who vehemently goes "you're all weird and I'm not gonna tell you anything!" is Twice, the guy who say Todoroki's ice was super hot. Dude's kind of got a gimmick about not saying the right thing.

That being said, the fully black dressed man very clearly is doing SOMETHING when he asks the question about Tomura betraying them, so you might be right regardless. It's just that Tomura has, like you said, no EXPLICIT plan to betray them, but totally intends to let them do so.

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    My guess it's the little guy sitting with Overhaul, who is possibly an ascended animal like the Principal given he's far too small to be a human.
    Spoiler
    Show

...no that's...that's the wall guy. The guy who they've spent the last two chapters beating up on emotionally. His quirk is that he can hide inside and manipulate things, and he prefers to be inside his small doll body. They've made this very clear.

As I said above, checking the chapter out again the guy who probably has a lie detector quirk is the plague doctor dressed in all black. IE the guy who actually asked the question about Tomura.