New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

Good chapter. But I'll be cynical for a second.

"Okay so the situation has changed and instead of a few exceptional heroes we want a lot of heroes with good cooperation and teamwork skills."
    "The candidates who lack those important skills I just mentioned? Let them take a repeat test in a few months, everyone deserves a second chance to pass after all."
    "The ones who failed earlier though, not because they lack teamwork qualities but due to being overpowered by others in a fight or often just bad luck? Well screw them."

I don't know how I feel about this arc. It's not bad but something about it doesn't click well with me.

That ending though.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tensai_oni View Post
    Good chapter. But I'll be cynical for a second.

"Okay so the situation has changed and instead of a few exceptional heroes we want a lot of heroes with good cooperation and teamwork skills."
    "The candidates who lack those important skills I just mentioned? Let them take a repeat test in a few months, everyone deserves a second chance to pass after all."
    "The ones who failed earlier though, not because they lack teamwork qualities but due to being overpowered by others in a fight or often just bad luck? Well screw them."

I don't know how I feel about this arc. It's not bad but something about it doesn't click well with me.

That ending though.
    They're going to retake the test after having a month of study group. Studying how to be a nice people.

Imagine Todoroki, Bakugou, and Tatsuya all holding hands in a friendship circle learning how to be nice boys.

I'll be honest, I'll agree that this has been probably the weakest arc in the series, it's still a good one. And the ending more than made up for it.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tensai_oni View Post
    I'm not totally sure if that is what they said...

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not sure if Mineta is hilarious or aggravating. Also, I could almost see Katsuki strangling Kaminari. I'm sure he'd blown up Mineta. I'd feel sorry for him but then... it's Mineta.

Wind guy is pretty hilarious and awesome. I like him even if he screwed up.

Also: So.. ca, Toga also copy quirks? Because it seems she can? That would be pretty interesting if she can also use OfA? We will see... but the villain are back, yay.

I really don't see a reason to call this arc weak. I mean, there were better ones and things to improve, but overall I liked most of it.

Sidenote: Not sure if Kohei-sensei knows what he's writing... of course you can't drop out testees with a score below 50, if you decide based on the average at the end. Unless that bit was a mistranslation. Heck, your average could be 10 points if people really suck...

another sidenote: I want to see the three dropout at their tuition... especially explosion boy.

finale sidenote: I'm convinced now Izuki's dad is gone. Either dead or bad breakup. Didn't even want to show him his licence.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. it might be sad for those who failed earlier, but the decision is understandable. As the announcer said, they are in desperate need of new heroes. And the one quality that matters more than anything else there is power. A person can be perfect at all the other diciplines, but it wont matter if they actually dont have the power to stand against villians and defend people.

They're going to retake the test after having a month of study group. Studying how to be a nice people.
    What they actually need to study, is to coorperate. At least 66% of them failed purely on getting in the way of each other.

finale sidenote: I'm convinced now Izuki's dad is gone. Either dead or bad breakup. Didn't even want to show him his licence.
    Im convinced he is schroddingers dad. In a state of flux until the author decides what he actually want to do with him. He might be used as a foreign hero, or he might turn out to be a villan spending time in prison.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #755
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nah, the school tournament one is way way weaker for me.

Also, preliminary is preliminary for a reason. It's common everywhere where you fail early you have to retake it next year, but if you fail at later places you got chance to retake, since you've advanced that far.

And yes, the commitee guy specifically said that they need as many high quality heroes as fast as possible. If you've passed the first round, whether by individual strength or power of teamwork, you're definitely a high quality hero material. They're the 100 best, it's a waste if they just throw them away.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And we see that she's Togahime. And her quirk? Metamorphasis: Through the ingestion of blood, she can shapeshift into that person. And she's obtained Deku's blood.

What a ****ing ENDING. OH GOD.
    Having finally gotten around to reading this week's chapter...

Spoiler
    Show
    That truly surprised me. The thing about Toga was that she's been so prominent as a villain that I already assumed that her Quirk had been revealed until I actually thought about it. My unconscious assumption was some limited form of mind control or some kind of Stain-like ability to manipulate a person through vampirism, and that was the deal with her attacking Uraraka at the training camp was eventually going to come out in a future battle or the like. It felt like that sort of ominous setup, at any rate.

The fact that we saw the result of that plot point chapters ago without even realizing it was really clever.

Not sure what she intends to do with Deku's sample. The question of whether this is a broader scheme of the villains or her own personal twisted purposes is in the air.

There's a lot she could do pretending to be a U.A. student - plant a bomb in the school, commit a head-turning crime using a student's visage, mislead students into an ambush/trap, basically anything to further discredit/destabilize Hero Society that you could imagine - but she went out of her way to target Midoriya specifically. Which is either to do with her obsessive personality if it's just her personal crazy plot, or - if it's a rational plan by the villains alliance - more interested in the one thing Midoriya has that the other students do not, which to my mind is preferential access to All Might and whatever he knows that his successor could get out of him.

The level of rationality being expressed here is ambiguous.

7. - Top - End - #757

On Toga

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, does that means she's always the shiketsu student or there was that shiketsu student and she's dead now
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    On Toga

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, does that means she's always the shiketsu student or there was that shiketsu student and she's dead now
    This one. Clearly.

9. - Top - End - #759

On Toga

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The implication I gathered was that she's ALWAYS been that student, but it wasn't until Stain's reveal that she "got weird". They even sort of brought it up with the meat statue guy. Stain's revelation to the world changed HIM, it changed Toga too.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The implication I gathered was that she's ALWAYS been that student, but it wasn't until Stain's reveal that she "got weird". They even sort of brought it up with the meat statue guy. Stain's revelation to the world changed HIM, it changed Toga too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was my impression as well. Were she genuinely misrepresenting herself as the person she appeared to be she'd run into the problem that her Quirk and that of the girl's who she theoretically murdered very likely wouldn't be the same and people would've pointed that out when she started shape-shifting in front of them. She could only get away with it in an environment where no one need see your Quirk on a daily basis, and that's not these schools.

This also ties into the fact that U.A. itself has a mole, clearly whatever scrutiny they put on these facilities they're still permeable to these threats.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Now there's a fine plot twist.

I can't remember if somebody guessed earlier that the creepy girl was Toga. If yes, congrats to you. Suddenly what she said about "becoming" the person you love makes literal sense instead of just being crazy stalker talk. And she did take Uraraka's blood when they met, with no apparent effect on Uraraka at that time. And her behaviour was consistent with what we knew of Toga.

If that means she can take the form of anyone whose blood she's taken, she still has Uraraka in her repertoire plus god knows who else.

This kind of explains why someone so young can get away with murder. Unless somebody suspects that the murderer is a shapeshifter she probably has a number of different forms she can change to just to throw off the trail.

As to whether or not she's been Camie all along. That seems most likely since it would be hard to pull off a switch if the two have different Quirks. Not only did she shapeshift during an exam but in front of Deku.

Can anyone guess how long it's been since Toga's first appearance and this chapter. Pretty sure it's more than three days, which is when furry guy said she started acting strange. That might have a different explanation though.

Geez, Toga's face, attitude, and the stuff she does really don't sync up. Blushing schoolgirl with cute fangs, crazy stalker villain and killer. Or maybe I don't read enough of that kind of manga.

Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I can't remember if somebody guessed earlier that the creepy girl was Toga.

Spoiler
    Show

I feel there was a short discussion about her creepy behavior being similar to toga a few weeks ago. Or was that elsewhere? Or just on my head? There were some signs but not knowing toga's quirk hard to guess..

I'm not so sure about the true identity... If she was toga all along, she'd start acting weird more than three days ago. Of course sth else might have caused her to change somehow then...
    But to me it seems more likely she replaced Camie then and either hid the quirk change or actually copied her quirk along with her appearance.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #763

On Toga

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I feel there was a short discussion about her creepy behavior being similar to toga a few weeks ago. Or was that elsewhere? Or just on my head? There were some signs but not knowing toga's quirk hard to guess..

I'm not so sure about the true identity... If she was toga all along, she'd start acting weird more than three days ago. Of course sth else might have caused her to change somehow then...
    But to me it seems more likely she replaced Camie then and either hid the quirk change or actually copied her quirk along with her appearance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nah, she mention in her phone call that "she's been living all these time without being found" so even if she replaced the original Camie (if ever), it's more than three days ago

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nah, she mention in her phone call that "she's been living all these time without being found" so even if she replaced the original Camie (if ever), it's more than three days ago
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think she has just been Camie for the last few days, since that's when hair guy said she started acting oddly. I think the "all this time" thing referred to how she'd managed not to get arrested yet even though she's a serial killer.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Chapter new

Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhat of a filler episode, but giving us an insight into another villain, the doubling man. Clearly suffering from some kind of mental problems. Makes his weird talk from the debut a little less funny. Although it's interesting because it seems like the clones are actually sentient meaning that Dabi's clone from the Bakugou kidnapping attack was really an individual who "died" as opposed to a drone-like construct. Ectoplasm's clones don't seem to have this characteristic, but then again doubling man can double other people, not just himself.

Also apparently Endeavour is not as well regarded as I initially thought. But that could just be because he's such a contrast to the clean, all around nice guy All Might. It seems like being thrust into the number 1 spot by default may have even more negative effect on his temperament.

Then we have All Might visiting All For One. What on earth for.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

16. - Top - End - #766

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Chapter new

Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhat of a filler episode, but giving us an insight into another villain, the doubling man. Clearly suffering from some kind of mental problems. Makes his weird talk from the debut a little less funny. Although it's interesting because it seems like the clones are actually sentient meaning that Dabi's clone from the Bakugou kidnapping attack was really an individual who "died" as opposed to a drone-like construct. Ectoplasm's clones don't seem to have this characteristic, but then again doubling man can double other people, not just himself.

Also apparently Endeavour is not as well regarded as I initially thought. But that could just be because he's such a contrast to the clean, all around nice guy All Might. It seems like being thrust into the number 1 spot by default may have even more negative effect on his temperament.

Then we have All Might visiting All For One. What on earth for.
    Spoiler
    Show
    WE also got a hint at other potential villains, and uh...saw a LOT OF DEATH HOLY ****. Dabi roasts some low level villains alive, that team with the plague doctor DESTROYED THAT VAN and like...dismembered the survivors what the ****. Horikoshi are you okay this is DARK, even for you.

And then we have All Might showing us just why he is a hero. He's trying to square things away with All For One. I think we're finally going to learn the origin of All Might, more indepthly.

Even as far as filler goes this was great. It feels like Double's comedic styling inside his outfit are his way of coping with his insanity, so I think we can still find it funny without feeling uncomfortable. But...jesus, this is what happens when you don't have proper training for your powers. As far as he knows he's one of the clones.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Should I feel bad I don't remember the guy, like, at all?

Spoiler
    Show

I mean... going back to the big fight I notice him in a few panels but I can't find him really doing anything... But it is a kind of cool, though somewhat not that originell power. Probably because it's prone to abuse, as one can see. But... what can he double? Obviously himself (and turn himself crazy while at it. Maybe a chance to turn good, though)

I'd really much more liked this chapter earlier, telling us what AM's absence means to the worlds before the exams. It would have fit way better, I feel.

Also... AM and AfO... I guess we have some exposition coming? Eh, I don't mind.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #768

No, this is the perfect timing for the chapter. It won't work as well if it's done before the provisional exam.

Basically the intention is, we're supposed to think/feel that despite everything, after the massive bomb, it's not that bad, it's still fun and live goes on, the students are still studying to be heroes etc, and they're mostly successful on their goals...

Then BAM! we pull back the camera that was previously just zooming on the students, and see the bigger view. We now see that, surprise surprise, it's really worse than that.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

I agree, the timming were straight up perfect. It were a chilling demonstration of how dire the situation actually is right now. The villians that are left are not commically innept or just loud and flashy like Orca. They are very real and very scary.

20. - Top - End - #770

New Chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

I was wrong no flashback. Instead we get an awesome back and forth about All For One...basically saying outright "yeah I'm probably going to die, why else would I be doing any of this?" and going into detail about what he thinks is happening. Or knows is happening, it is unclear. How mysterious...and of course All Might shows us that even without any of his actual power...he's STILL ALL MIGHT! God DAMN the art in this series, this ENTIRE SCENE, is AMAZING.

It also appears that All Might's detective friend interviewed Stain. Interesting...but we don't get to hear that conversation since All Might is just really happy to have gotten that photo from Deku. Cute!

And rounding off the chapter...Bakugou asks Deku to come meet him. It's "about his quirk". Du dun duuuun.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I were mostly distracted from what were otherwise a great chapter, by what complete and utter monsters the goverment were
    Locking someone up all alone, with no space to move and no contact with anything is not close to torture, it is straight up torture. And it is completely unnececary as well. Why the **** will it change anything if AfO hear about whats going on outside or not?
    And dont get me started on Stain, and what i thing of him being placed in Tartarous instead of a regular Prison...

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I were mostly distracted from what were otherwise a great chapter, by what complete and utter monsters the goverment were
    Locking someone up all alone, with no space to move and no contact with anything is not close to torture, it is straight up torture. And it is completely unnececary as well. Why the **** will it change anything if AfO hear about whats going on outside or not?
    And dont get me started on Stain, and what i thing of him being placed in Tartarous instead of a regular Prison...

Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt Stain is in AS TIGHT a restraint system as A4O.

Also...if he had even the slightest bit of freedom he could VERY EASILY ESCAPE. I'm not saying the stuff they're putting him through isn't torture, it IS, but given WHO IT IS, he warrants it.

Like, again. Reminder. He single handedly TOOK OVER JAPAN! BY HIMSELF BASICALLY! The only difference between him and Doomsday is that he at least can complain about the restraints. You still gotta keep him held.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    The problem is that more humane restraints would simply not hold this guy. He's incredibly overpowered, and what's worse, he can have any number of completely unexpected powers.

Hell, I'm half sure he's still in there not because he can't escape but because he still is weak after the All Might fight. I imagine that's what the isolation is about. So that he can't synchronize something ith the outside, at least.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

I doubt Stain is in AS TIGHT a restraint system as A4O.
    Last we saw him he certainly were. And you might also want to look at your cap button. It seems to be engaging randomly..

Also...if he had even the slightest bit of freedom he could VERY EASILY ESCAPE. I'm not saying the stuff they're putting him through isn't torture, it IS, but given WHO IT IS, he warrants it.
    Well.. if he dont have the strenght to break lose from the set of restraint on him right now, then he should not be strong enough to break though the other layers of security between him and the world. He is already more or less on life support, actually keeping him wrapped up like a sausage seems like cruel and unnecesary punishment when he could have been kept in a steel box with a television and a radio.

Like, again. Reminder. He single handedly TOOK OVER JAPAN! BY HIMSELF BASICALLY! The only difference between him and Doomsday is that he at least can complain about the restraints. You still gotta keep him held.
    We also dont know how he actually took over Japan. Since he is so much of a mystery its very likely that he were ruling the criminal underworld.

Hell, I'm half sure he's still in there not because he can't escape but because he still is weak after the All Might fight. I imagine that's what the isolation is about. So that he can't synchronize something ith the outside, at least.
    It does also make sens to not allow him visits with random people. Not letting him know anything at all about whats going on with the rest of the world dont affect his ability to syncronize with with the outside though. If he cant get information out to his followers then it really dont matter what you let him find out. And if he can get information to them, then its rather unlikely he would not also be able to find things out.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to agree with people saying afo needs this kind of security... he's hardly worse off than before and then he almost defeated AM. I agree, it's unusual punishment and cruel, possibly, but the alternative would be to make it far too easy to escape. About the isolation... it's a bit harder but I guess it's part of the punishment?
    As for stain... uhm, pretty sure I know how him meeting any other criminals would end...

It was a decent chapter but it felt a bit like not enough happened. I mean, the basic conflict between the two was done well but it shouldn't have taken the whole chapter.

"What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #776

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    I mean it's not like he's going to stay there either.

The whole point of ridiculously elaborate prisons is to make the villain escaping them that much more dramatic

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

About the isolation... it's a bit harder but I guess it's part of the punishment?
    Its also as i understand it a human right violation. Where i am from you could and would end up punished somehow for treating your dog like that. And here we now have the gouverment doing it to a person.

As for stain... uhm, pretty sure I know how him meeting any other criminals would end...
    Most likely with Stain staring coldly at anyone that gets to close? I mean there is a reason for why they called him the Hero killer. He is not the punisher, we have not seen him care about criminals in either way.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Barbarian in the Playground

AfO has an unknown number of unknown Quirks, each of with of an unknown potential, that he can activate in unknown ways. Personally, it streches my suspension of disbelief a bit that they left him alive instead of tossing him into a volcano or something and then claiming he died of his injuries during his latest fight with All Might.

That said, great chapter. The author is really good at small cliffangers.

29. - Top - End - #779

Its also as i understand it a human right violation. Where i am from you could and would end up punished somehow for treating your dog like that. And here we now have the gouverment doing it to a person.

Most likely with Stain staring coldly at anyone that gets to close? I mean there is a reason for why they called him the Hero killer. He is not the punisher, we have not seen him care about criminals in either way.
    At the same time, solitary confinement is a thing that is allowed for extended periods of time if the prisoner is too dangerous, or their situation in life is too dangerous. Many criminals who have, for example, hurt the very young or very old are fast tracked into solitary because it's better than risking them getting shanked to death by the "noble" criminals who sure, would kill a man, but would never harm a child.

Speaking of: Stain only killed heroes that he felt were "in it for the wrong reasons". He's clearly got, even if it's corrupt and twisted, a sort of heroic bent to his ideals, at least in his own mind. He'd kill the **** out of people in a regular prison environment.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

But a dog cannot be convicted for crimes... Or even commit them, maybe, but that's stretching forum rules. But how would you treat a person on a threat level as AfO?

Eh, admittedly we don't know for sure what Stain's codex contains. But while he is not Castle, he certainly has some high, if weird, moral standard. I feel like killing criminals would not be outside his ideology even if he considers something else his main job.
    "What's done is done."