New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC 12

Hearing the knight calling her name, Lysa facepalms invisibly.

Telepathically sending to Aradia, she tell her.
    "Fix that. Tell Julian you're not defenseless and the name is Elisabeth IV for him, not Lysa. Maybe this guy may fall for it".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Corwin sees that the fog is beginning to break apart under the weight of the Eye's winds. With a cautious eye on the Barber, he throws more dried peas into the air and summons another Solid Fog to replace the old one.

With a sharp arcane word, his body shifts onto the Ethereal Plane and then he walks around the assassin and past the doors. He observes the area behind the door for any indication of an opening mechanism.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Cast Solid Fog defensively, with a +18 Concentration modifier I auto-pass the DC 19 check. Overlap it with the first Solid Fog in the same area on the map.

Swift action: Cast Swift Etherealness on Corwin. Swift action spells don't provoke Attacks of Opportunity

Move action: Move through the door and into the Junkyard.
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

@Corwin: With the machine's eyes upon the alley street, you toss a few more peas up to the air and call forth yet another thick impenetrable solid fog, blanketing the same area and height as before.

Then, you rush towards Barber and become spirit like and unseen to him as you cross the big metal door...

This place is a massive deposit, with walls and ceiling made of metal and jutting pipes.

A large square lift with a panel stands in the center, big enough for a carriage like the one shown outside to be ridden on top.

A panel with a clockwork design, very old and dusty, stands next to the massive door you just came into.

@The Party: With the winds increasing in power, you hear a voice from above.

By Edict Number 457-B, this is a magic forbidden area! You have broken the law by casting several spells in succession! The Law is clear...

The sound of engines whirring and gears operating at full speed above can be heard despite Corwin's fog.

Barber hears this and turns towards the other end of the street.

"I believe this is my cue..."

And so, The Barber sprints at top speed, allowing those near him a chance to strike.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    from Aradia and Julian

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Corwin
    The Barber
    Silvia
    The Eye in the Sky
    Tonel
    Lysa
    Aradia
    Julian

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

As baffling as the sudden announcement was to Aradia, there wasn't enough time in the battle to worry about it. She stabs at the retreating assassin in a flash of gold.

"Yeah, run coward! Just like I thought!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity: (1d20+16)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+9)[14]

Aradia picks up the cue from Lysa as the Barber runs, and trusts that she knows what she's talking about. "For the last time, my name isn't Lysa. I don't know where you got that idea." He retorts to Julian, in an attempt to be casual. "And I can handle myself."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not really sure if a bluff check is needed..?
    Last edited by Business Scrub; 2015-08-04 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by herodofcows View Post
    It is the ultimate in pseudo-pubescent manly bonding experiences. If you are good at pins 'n' rims, you are good at life.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh sh*t. Julian's heart drops down beneath his stomach, nearly on the ground between his feet. He hadn't even realized what he said until the Barber reacted. For a moment, Julian's intensity is sucked from him completely as twenty voices in his mind chastise him. How could I be so stupid!? One slip up... I've put the entire mission in jeopardy! In rushing to defend Lysa, I put her in the most peril yet! The irony...

The omniscient eye storming down upon the party shakes Julian from his inner misery, and when the Barber announces he's ready to run, all his panic and frustration turns to rage. The boy screams. Random sparks and flames of different colors appear around his hands and coil up the blade. Before the Barber makes his getaway, Julian makes a mighty vertical swing down upon the beast with all the strength he has.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+18)[28] (+3 from Arcane Strike (3rd level))
    [roll=Damage]2d6+3d4+20[/roll] (+3d4 from Arcane Stirke)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Silvia looks at the retreating Assassin, then at the group and then up at the Eye. She decides to wait just a tic, to see what the Assassin was referring to. Better to wait and act wisely than to waste the time given to you.

Spoiler: Inaction
    Show

Silvia Delays her action

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

@Silvia: With The Barber sprinting out of the alley, you choose to err on the side of caution as you look up at Corwin's newly created fog spell.

The winds are increasing in speed, tremendously so, as the sounds of gears and propellers din the air around you.

Then, those search lights, as big as ogres, bathing the ground as some try to break the fog, quickly dispersing as it may be.

@The Party: With the Barber long gone, you look up at the rapidly facing fog as the same voice announces through some device in the machine.

High presences of magic detected! The Law is clear! You have repeatedly broken it in less than a minute... Fire.

It's a green light, breaking through the fog as a massive blast strikes Aradia from the skies.

This isn't an arrow. Or some man made bullet, like those Sarjon used in the Orphanage.

This is raw magical power, compressed into a blast, same in color as Ke'era's disintegrate.

@Aradia: You have been hit many times before. Too many to count, but this blast, as wide as an ogre, bathes you in panful energy as it breaks through Corwin's fog easily, heating the ground around in a twenty foot radius.

Spoiler: Cannon
    Show
    60 fire damage, no save

The pain is excruciating as your body fumes and you watch the streets begin to produce steam as a twenty foot explosionerupts from you and blasts everyone around!

@Lysa, Julian, Silvia & Tonel

Whatever struck Aradia from above was brutal. Who knows if you would have been able to survive such a hit...

And then the streets around you erupt in an explosion of fire and shrapnel, as your bodies are tossed around like rag dolls while Aradia,s body emits smoke all over.

Spoiler: Cannon Burst!
    Show
    32 Fire, Piercing & Bludgeoning damage, reflex for Half

The explosion is so powerful, that nearby buildings are rocked as the windows on the carriage explode and this one topples to the side.

How to escape this???

@Corwin: Thankfully, you are ethereal, but you can still hear what's going on beyond the metal garage.

Someone just blasted somebody. The sounds of explosions.

You need to get these guys either ion here or get yourself out and away.

Map

Show
    Corwin
    Silvia
    The Eye in the Sky
    Tonel
    Lysa
    Aradia
    Julian

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Borazon looks up into the sky and yells at the top of his lungs at the Idiots in the Flying Contraption,

“YOU UP THERE, HOW DARE YOU FIRE ON A CHURCH LEADER! WHILE I AND MY GUARD ARE BEING ASSAULTED BY AN ASSASSIN AND
    RIGHTLY MY GUARD IS DEFENDING ME, YOU ARE SENDING DOWN FIRE AT US INSTEAD OF CHASING HIS DOWN!!!

GRAND INQUISITOR CONNER WILL HEAR OF YOUR ACTIONS!

HIS RETRIBUTION WILL BE SWIFT!!!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: You cry out at the flying mass, hidden by Corwin's dwindling cloud and yell at the top of your lungs, informing who you are, who these people are, and the assassin that ought to be rightly fired upon.

The engines begin to roar again as the sound of several latches above can be heard opening.

You are a Church leader... The Merciful Father? Stand back! You will be taken to see His Holiness, but those with your entourage have broken the Law! Unbeknownst to you, hidden by an illusion, is Lysa Silentwhisper, wanted terrorist. Do the right thing and step away from them, that Justice will be served swiftly...

Show
    Corwin
    Silvia
    The Eye in the Sky
    Tonel
    Lysa
    Aradia
    Julian
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2015-08-04 at 08:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Borazon yells back at the voice, "You have no right to fire on my Guards, they are an extension of my personage. If I am attacked, they may defend me.

Or do you think that a Church Leader has no right t choose his own Guards or to be defended by them from an assassin. You will stand down now!

I will head to the Palace of Justice myself, but not in that infernal contraption.

NOW, Tell me, what is your name and Rank that I may report your actions to the Grand
    Inquisitor!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: You try to avoid the worst from the Eye's attack and call out toe the skies, proclaiming your own power and those within your care.

The hidden machine, thanks to Corwin's spell, goes silent for a few seconds.

Then, a very familiar voice can be heard from the machine itself...Connor.

That man below is not a church leader. The Merciful Father is where he belongs, The Mercy. I will NOT tolerate loose arcanists in Halmathan. I will NOT tolerate terrorists in Halmathan. I will NOT tolerate Vigilantism in Halmathan! Furthermore, impersonating a Church Leader is a grievous sin! I am certain that the newly elected Father Borazon would agree with the City regarding such matters. As for those below... they are a threat. Proceed.

The winds increase as the sounds of machines gearing up and latches opening can be heard above.

The previous voice can be heard speaking to his mean through the intercom.

Well, you heard His Holiness...

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia sneers up at the sky as she stands through waves of fire. She was vaguely reminded of months ago when she was subjected to Cuthbertines via a Mark of Justice.

F**king Cuthbertines. Always f**king Cuthbertines making trouble where there is none.

She shouts up at the sky. Aradia didn't have a particularly great sense of right and wrong, but even to her something seemed wrong. She should at least know why she is getting blasted by lasers from the sky.

"The 'Law' is not ****ing clear! I don't know what's going on! I haven't even been here for a day. How the hell are you justified trying to kill me when I don't know what I supposedly did wrong?! Some guy tells me he's a church leader, I follow him! Someone tell me how the hell I'm at fault and deserve to die!"

Spoiler
    Show
    No actions at the moment, I want to see how Connor will react.
    Quote Originally Posted by herodofcows View Post
    It is the ultimate in pseudo-pubescent manly bonding experiences. If you are good at pins 'n' rims, you are good at life.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: Bavk in Justcrown, Mathilda gave you, Luthon and Archaidous a Mark of Justice.

Back then, you hated the Cuthbertines, especially Alex, who was charged with keeping the three of you in line.

Then, Kalypisa replaced Mathilda. She and her big metal enforcer, Lord Cinderbolt.

You never did see eye to eye with any of the Inquisitors, but they never made a big deal out of their tight assed views on life.

But when one of them tries to claim your own... that's war.

You brush off the smoke and soot from your armor and look at the fading cloud of fog and to the outline of the massive Law machine, giving it your opinion on what 'The Law' is supposed to be.

The gigantic machine tries to pierce its searchlights through the fog as another second of silence goes by and the sound of static can be heard above as that raspy voice comes in again.

You said...what? I am Grand Inquisitor Connor of the Cudgel! Lawfully appointed Steward of the City of Power! You have only been here for one day? And you claim not to know the laws, clear in our Glorious City? Then, there is only are only two possible solutions here:

1. You have smuggled yourself away from The City's sight, making you a trespasser and an insurgent.

2. You have walked through our benevolent gates with a mask on, and now seek to spit upon our Hallowed laws... Foreigners and Spies. the lot of them. Captain Danik! I am done dealing with these stains to society. Barrage...wide spread.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Corwin hears the muffled explosions from outside, and then the voice of Connor booming. Well, doesn't seem like there's time to waste. He hurries to the console and inspects it, noting the complexity and resisting the urge to scratch his head in confusion. It's not like he went to the University--the only thing he knows of this kind of electrical engineering is what he's read in the papers.

Nonetheless, there's got to be some similarities between it and a magical construct, right? He knows about those. Readying himself, the second he returns to the Material Plane, he goes to work on the console. A tweak here, a push of a few buttons there--and a shove to move a particularly stubborn piece into place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action to rig the console once he returns to the material plane: (1d20+15)[23]
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Round 4

@Corwin: Your vision returns to normal as you look at the antique clockwork contraption, with levers and cables and pipes...

You are no wizard. Not even an engineer wizard. How the hell to operate this thing?

Wirh Connor's voice booming above like an angry deity, you know those outside are not going to survive. It's just that simple.

blowing your hands for good luck, you place them inches away from the panel and try to decipher- purely by instinct, how the machine out to work...

Then, something in your mind sparks up.

Maybe that button and those cables...

@The Party: The fog has disperses completely and now, you get to see what your assailant is:

These things were meant to keep the City safe? They are flying guns! There is no possible way any of you in your current condition could survive a fight against a single one of them!

That's when a whirring sound comes from the big metal door as this one begins to open upward and, like a God of Luck and salvation stands Corwin, worse for wear, as he signals for all of you to run in, even if the door stops opening half way.

Lysa isn't seen, but she dashes once the opening is big enough.

Silvia dashes towards the opening and lays her athletic and lithe body as flat as board as momentum carries her in.

Julianputs his back against the door, to help it open faster as Tonel ambles forward and Ronals gets stuck on the garage top as the Eye in the Sky releases a series of red hot pellets on the stret, each the size of a pixie.

Aradia cuses in draconic as she kicks the Church father in the bum and jumps in, not before grabbing Julian by the waist and carrying him inside as well.

All of you drop and to the ground as the alley outside becomes an inferno of explosions as Danik, the captain of this ship can be heard yelling from the Eye.

YeeeeeHAW!!!! BBQ's on me tonight!

And then, the door , havily damaged by the blasting and bombardment outside, collapses back on the ground and you can hear pieces of metal blocking it.

You are safe from the Eye, but who knows what awaits in here.

As for this room, it's made of metal. old metal. Rusted and filled with cobwebs.

A rectangular platform, big enough for a carriage like the one that used to be outside, stands at the center, with a panel beside it and a single big red button.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: It takes over a minute as Tonel uses his wands and Corwin casts various spells on the group as the sounds of blasting can still be heard outside on the street.

Connor wanted all of you dead and by those sounds, most likely everyone who happened to be taking a casual stroll.

Barber escaped, a pity. He was able to identify Borazon, but worse yet- The Eyes in the Sky know Lysa is with you, the wanted terrorist.

You could break through the rubble and face the music outside or...

With Silvia spitting out the last remnants of Barber's poison, you all stand on the platform as Corwin pushes the red button and the sound of gears grinding can be heard as the platform begins to descend.

The floor above shuts overhead as you begin your descent, with dark silhouettes, humanoid in design, dangling from chains as the scarce lights from the platform dance around the lift. The sound and smell of steam gushing out below and the grinding of gears around you. This place is like one giant machine.

It takes a few minutes until the lift descends and you find yourself in a small lobby area. This one has a dusty desk with a scattering of papers on top.

A painting can be observed behind it.

An open hallway leads left, but there is something perched on the painting's frame, above it:

This thing is smaller than Lysa and, although it may look like an animal, it is clear that is fashioned from metal clockwork.

The birdlike creature stays in place and doesn't move an inch as it looks at all six of you step off the platform as this one rises up again.

Spoiler: The Check
    Show
    Know. Arcana for the bird

Map- 1st Floor

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

@Corwin: You look at the painting as the diminutive clockwork bird perched on the frame above and looks at all of you.

Bardak Skylarios, one of the most visionary nobles in Halmathan...and maybe Oerth as a whole. The man is said to have had two passions in his life: Inventions and his wife, in no particular order.

Whereas the Ashfords- or at least most of them- were obsessed with transmutation, Bardak devoted most of his fortune- and big as it was- into the producing of machines. Machines he thought would revolutionize Halmathan. Many of them, you actually use- a shower. Pipes to heat a home during the winters. Even some carriages, like the one blasted outside. Steam powered.

The man was said to be a tad eccentric and, towards the final days of his life, became a recluse, especially after Skylarios Metalworks was forcibly shut down.

The reason for that, however, is unknown.

As for that little birdie..

Though the Skylarios Corporation was not intended to design "consumer products", the Nixie-1080 Cam Drone ended up just that. Originally a prototype drone for police, rescue, and other fields where autonomous photographers were required, they were marketed for civilian use as a photographer on the go and the master of taking what at the time, Skylarios dubbed a "selfie", as the drone can fold up tightly on the arm or leg as a band when not in use thanks to its flexible plastic arms and safe bladeless dyson fans which keep it afloat. When in operation, it gives off only the soft woosh of moving ionized air.

Cam drones are about the size of a large bracelet and weigh practically nothing.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Borazon listens to what Corwin tells the group, “So, a recreational model? Maybe we can grab it and put it to use.”

With that Borazon moves forward and grabs the Mechanical Bird.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

5' step to in front of birdy
    standard grapple Birdy (1d20+12)[17]

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

@Tonel: You listen to Corwin's comments on the tiny clockwork machine and decide not to shoot it, as you nab it from its perch and feel its winding gears on your hand.

The mechanical bird struggles in your hand as you hold it tight, even attempting to peck you as several flashes of light burst from its camera lenses, yet to no avail.

What to do with this little bugger? Who knows.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Looking at what he now has in his hands, Borazon shakes his head, "Well, I guess finding out how it works can wait."

Borazon puts the odd birdy into his Haversack and looks at the others. "I wonder if they are all going to be so easy...... probably not."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Corwin shakes his head as well, "Well, that's nice, if you're going on Vacation..... but, what's in this desk? Julian, give me a hand?"

Spoiler: Search
    Show

Corwin searches the desk with Julian's help.

(1d20+8)[19]

22. - Top - End - #112

RedWizardGuy

"Yeah, 'course." Julian responds instantly, already searching, but not without a bit of distraction. His mind jumps from distraction to distraction on the evening: Corwin dying and his instant revival. The Lysa mistake. The Eye and introduction to Connor. The blast - Damn my arm stings. This elevator shaft, mechanical bird, and abandoned office? He studies the painting and some of the more legible pieces of script not too damaged by the rot of time. Skylarios... he thinks, trying to sort out all the information in front of him, I know I've heard that name somewhere...

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Know Nobility - (1d20+10)[20]
    Know Arcana - (1d20+19)[28]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: With Borazon bagging the bird, Corwin and Julian move towards the desk, in front of Bardak's painting and begin to looks around, ruffling the pieces of paper on the desk...

Then, you find a drawer, locked.

Corwin tries to shake it loose, and even Julian tries to pry it open with his gigantic sword.

That's when the desk emits steam from its sides and several holes appear on the sides, as tiny darts prick everyone on the chest, hand, or thigh.

Spoiler: Multi Dart Trap
    Show
    8 damage plus Fortitude DC or take 4 Con and 3 Wisdom 1 minute later

24. - Top - End - #114

RedWizardGuy

"Gah!" Julian rips his sword from the prying position reflexively, but not quick enough to avoid being stuck by more than a few darts. He grits out the pain. "Damn, really should'a seen that coming. Everything in here's gonna be bugged."

Spoiler: Save
    Show
    Fortitude - (1d20+13)[15]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: better safe than dead.

You back away from the desk, sure to spell certain doom and, like brave heroes, run away from it as far as possible.

This complex seems endless, with metal pipe walls, rusted valves. The ceiling isn't too tall, though- at a mere twenty feet.

The sound of your boots clanking on the metal echoes with the grinding gears beyond the walls.

For a place supposedly abandoned, it seems to be working...

That's when a most bizarre creature floats around the corner.

It looks human, except that it isn;'t walking- it's spewing smoke from its metal feet as that camera head zooms in on all of you and a disembodied voice can be heard through the room. A woman's voice.

You come into my house and take away my babies? Unacceptable!!! Like thieves in the night... I am not having more of you meat bags running around here! I am in charge! And you..well, you are just dumb and DEAD!

Show
    Know Arcana for the camera headed machine

The metal humanoid twitches and clicks as the ceiling above you whirrs and rumbles as several figures pop on the ground:

It may have a human frame, but that's about it. And that blade doesn't look very friendly either.

"You are under arrest...you are under arrest!"

Show
    Know. Arcana for the blade robot

Then, a massive figure drops a few feet behind you:

"May I get that for you?"

This one is as big as an ape, and with arms to match.

Show
    Know. Arcana for the big guy

Robots...robots everywhere!

What to do???

Map- 1st Floor

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Initiative

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

@Corwin: You look at the mostly female designed machine, with a camera for a head and raise an eyebrow as a drop of sweat runs down your brow.

The SkyEye-767 Autonomous Scout, or as they were known back when you read the articles, the Scout.

The Skylarios Corporation had formed several lucrative contracts with military and police forces in the City, and in its development robots inevitably took over the roles associated with anti governmental espionage, including scouting and recon. As spies which needed not food, nor rest, and the reliability of science and magic backing it, they were used in all manner of functions. The autonomous scout is a craft capable of flying for days at a time with no rest, keeping track of things and working in shifts with others of its kind.

Largely composed of mithral, the autonomous scout is lightweight, its wings folding up to be carried as easily as a tent or pole. Their small engines work with powerful but quiet ducted fans that sound like rushing wind. They are controlled remotely, often in a building or a vehicle of some sort, and equipped with screens to view the data being transmitted by the scout.

Some of these Scouts, are said to have attained sentience of their own, a result of old man Bardak trying to improve upon the original model. As such, the SkyEye-767 is able to use spells, much like you, Lysa, or anyone here.

Made to brave enemy territory, the Scout is immune to acid, suffering very little from cold based attacks, but as a result, being highly vulnerable to fire. Conventional weapons- even magic ones, will have a hard time breaking through its seemingly frail frame.

Designed to be a spy construct, it can relay anything it sees to those with control of its Black Box- a core that is usually kept by the owner.

On top of that, the SkyEye-767 can detect magic constantly.

However, if pressed into combat, the Scout can use a retractable long spear or, because of its arcane infusions, it can discharge an attack, akin to that of a warlock's eldritch blast, riddled with highly corrosive acid.

Then, you look at the clockwork men with serrated blades...

The Falchion Police, an unoriginal term given to these prototypes.

In an attempt to automate police services several wizards made attempts at binding the lawful yet insane elementals into construct bodies. These attempts were less than successful, and one result was the "falchion police". Named for their trademark masterwork falchion they carry, the intelligent constructs have an unwavering dedication to the law. What laws is suspect, but to the law none-the-less. They scan nearby creatures for guilt and when they find it, demand the crime be repaid in full and the guilty submit to justice. And if they refuse or cannot, then they receive their justice. Falchion justice. Typically with fatal results.

Falchion police appear to be clearly mechanical humanoid police, complete with outfits and colorations. They have a red and blue light coming out of the tops of their heads. They always carry a large falchion on hand which is actually attuned specifically to their bodies, and whose attacks leave a unique mark akin to a signature kill weapon as an extraordinary ability. For this reason falchion police do not use the weapons of others; it would be unlawful if they did not make the appropriate paperwork and signature of their duty.

In combat, the falchion Police is straightforward- move in and cut the offender until it stops moving. However, due to their programming, these constructs can emit an annoying siren within a large range that can leave lawbreakers and pedestrians alike dazzled without a chance to react.

Finally, there's that giant metal lug.

The Heracles- 216 Heavy Loader, named after a mythical hero, was not made for combat. These machines were built to assist human workers in factories and outside, using their massive strength and size to lift objects.

In combat, the Heracles- 216 Heavy Loader wades in with his massive fists, uncaringly. Takinga cue from the dwarven race, The Skylarios Corporation made these constructs extremely stable, in case they were carrying a dangerous cargo in a slippery area, If they are to be engaged in battle, the Heracles can withstand conventional blades withe ease.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2015-08-05 at 06:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Round 1

@Julian, Lysa, Silvia & Tonel: The camera headed machine zooms its lenses on you and its body begins to twitch with arcane energy as a burst of translucent multicolored cogs fly around the four of you, attempting to clamp themselves over your eyes as they adhere to your body and make you glow like a rainbow.

Spoiler: Glitterdust SLA
    Show
    Will DC 15 or be blinded, invisibility negated, -40 to Hide

And having done that, the SkyEye-767 Autonomous Scout emits a burst of steam as it glides down the hallway, away from view and all you can hear is a latch opening and shutting in the distance.

@The Party: With that one gone to who knows where, the Falchion police moves in, using their wheels to gain maximum speed, as their sirens blare around, and red and blue lights blink in your face.

Spoiler: Police Siren
    Show
    Dazzled: A dazzled creature takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks. No save

@Silvia: With the glitter and the damn lights and blaring horns from these machines, one of them closes the gap rather quickly.

"You are under arrest!"

Spoiler: Falchion
    Show
    12 damage

@Julian: One of those machines comes speeding towards you.

"Cooperate, citizen..and you will not be harmed!"

Show
    13 damage

@Lysa: Revealed from your invisible state, The faclhion Police construct rushes in.

"This is for your own protection, citizen!"

Show
    13 damage

Map-1st Floor

Show
    Falchion Sentry x6
    Silvia
    Corwin
    Lysa
    Julian
    Aradia
    Tonel

Heracles x 2

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silvia winces as the sirens begin to blare. The excessively loud noise and wildly flashing light even manage to disorient her slightly... but only slightly. She'd been raised and trained in a desert, after all. A little glaring light wasn't going to stop her from taking down these oversized tin cans.

It seemed she had gotten those crystals from Runestone just in time. Her wince trading off for a wicked grin, she spins into the robot in front of her, weaving around it until it stands in so many parts on the floor... and then, she starts on its companion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble auto succeeds to avoid AoOs. AC 29 currently.

Dervish Dance up, +3/+3. Dazed, -1 attacks. Power Aura, +3 to damage.
    Greater Demolition Crystals: +1d6 vs constructs, overcome DA/adamantine, can crit+SA constructs

Targeting sentry 3, then 6 if it drops

1 (1d20+24)[39]
    Damage (2d6+13)[21]

2 (1d20+20)[36]
    Damage (2d6+13)[21]

3 (1d20+15)[26]
    Damage (2d6+13)[20]

4 (1d20+15)[33]
    Damage (2d6+13)[24]

5 (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage (2d6+13)[24]

6 (1d20+10)[30]
    Damage (2d6+13)[15]

If the first drops, cleave:
    (1d20+4)[11] + appropriate modifier
    Damage (2d6+13)[23]
    Last edited by Still_I_Rise; 2015-08-05 at 08:15 PM.

Avatar image: "What Only Exists In The Mind," Jeffrey Smith, www.ascendingstorm.com

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

@Silvia: Be it man, beast or machine... they all fall to the Dervish Dance.

Compared to The barber, these trinkets can't even scratch you, but you certainly can pulverize them.

It's a quick series of precise cuts that separate the Falchion Police's arm from its torso, causing a gush of oil to spill on the metal walls.

"Citizen, you are out of ..."

It's a second blade that removes the clock face from his shoulders, causing a jet of steam to rise up at high pressure.

The Falchion Police begins to twitch and crackle as you thrust your scimitar into what could be its thorax and bring the blade up, as the machine's sirens stop blaring and this one dismantles and falls on the ground.

Then, you fix your eyes on the other one...

@The Party: It's a horrific blur of events as Silvia uses the Falchion police to move around him, sometimes, standing on top of its clockwork head on one foot as she somersaults back down, carving her scimitar all the way to the ground, leaving a tiny scar on the floor as the machine twitches and spurts copious amounts of oil around and falls in two pieces, as the dervish lands gracefully back where she began.

If this is the worst Daegal can send your way, this should be over very soon.

Map-1st Floor

Show
    Falchion Sentry x4
    Silvia
    Corwin
    Lysa
    Julian
    Aradia
    Tonel

Heracles x 2

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Not wishing to be left out, Borazon takes a small step back to give himself room, then calls Ronald into his hands. “Let’s kill this thing Ronald.”

Taking aim he breathes out in his familiar ritual and lets loose three arrows, tipped with the hardest of metals.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Five Foot step to A84

Fire at Robot to the east 10' away. If he is killed, fire at the Ape behind him (at -1, out of PB range)

(1d20+25)[26] Rapid (1d8+9)[15] Adamantine arrow (1d6)[5] cold (1d6)[5] shock
    (1d20+25)[34] First (1d8+9)[16] Adamantine arrow (1d6)[2] cold (1d6)[5] shock
    (1d20+25)[28] Second (1d8+9)[11] Adamantine arrow (1d6)[2] cold (1d6)[3] shock