New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [SWd20] Universe is Mostly A Dark Place

Coruscant, 28 BBY...

Though some members of the group preferred to avoid the place, the profit margin of hauling certain materials and passengers to Coruscant had been too high to ignore. They had encountered space pirates on the way and fought them off, but had sustained some damage to their precious vessel. Repairs were now nearly complete and they were looking for the next adventure.

Most of them tended to do their own thing after each job, going their separate ways to fulfill whatever personal desires each had. But they always seemed to gather together again to join forces and find another mission. The Starfighter pilot who had so far accompanied them on most missions was often a good source of potentially profitable ventures. Johl was a former Jedi who owned his own Starfighter, and was an ace in space battles! He had turned to the Dark Side some time ago and usually avoided many places here like the plague to avoid discovery. This often led him to the lower city, where he usually discovered risky but profitable possibilities for the group to consider.

This trip was no exception, and Johl soon contacted each group member through their shared and encrypted comlink network to meet him in one of his favorite cantinas of dubious repute. Sitting with another concealed individual in the back corner of the place, he contacted each of his associates telepathically to lead them in the right direction once they entered. Both of them wore voluminous dark robes with deep hoods pulled up to conceal their identity from the other patrons. Once the group had gathered Johl led them to a private room to discuss business.

The other person revealed himself once they reached the room, an albino human! Odd indeed, though not unheard of in the galaxy. This one exuded an odd dark power and spoke in a hoarse tone barely above a whisper, “Greetings all, I have a job that may interest you. It will be dangerous, and the journey itself may prove beyond your abilities or willingness. Due to the nature of that which is sought I cannot initially reveal all the details, but suffice it to say it will be very profitable to all of you upon completion. You will travel to the edge of the galaxy, far beyond civilization, and investigate a rumored source of great power and wealth. If you agree, we will rendezvous in the outer rim, where I will reveal the remainder of the details. Whatever other business arrangements you can make for that trip I leave to you. I strongly suggest you stock up on food, water, and whatever materials you believe you might need for the entire trip before leaving Coruscant.

The total pay is 10,000 credits for each of you, in whatever form of wealth you prefer. One quarter of this total will be paid up front, another quarter will be paid upon meeting in the outer rim, and the remainder to be collected upon completion. There are also bonuses possible, depending on the level of success, and potential royalties to be paid in the future as well.”

Johl smiled at his companions and added enthusiastically, “I thought this might be a grand adventure that will take us far from the normal hustle and hassles of the galaxy and prove a source of great satisfaction in the near and distant future. We can pick up some cargo here, possibly more passengers too, and make a little side profit on our journey as well.”
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2016-07-13 at 08:04 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: [SWd20] Universe is Mostly A Dark Place

"Johl, do you trust this person?" so let me get this straight 2,500 now just for talking to you, another 2,500 just for showing up on an unnamed backwater outerrim planet, and then the rest when and if we get this unknown deal achieved with a possible bonus..I may need a week or two; Johl you know where to reach me.
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-07-28 at 11:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Zabrak leaning on the wall near the door uncrossed his arms and called for attention with a wave.

"Color me interested sir. And I understand secrecy. I sure do.

But are there going to be any particulars we'll wish we had known about when we get there, equipment wise? Atmo, terrain, rough nature of the work to be done? Ferr instance, what if we need to transport living cargo/ Corrosive?"

Quey crossed his arms again.

We don't need to know your sleeve size, just generalities. Sir."
    Last edited by Bobb; 2015-07-28 at 12:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    "Johl, do you trust this person?" so let me get this straight 2,500 now just for talking to you, another 2,500 just for showing up on an unnamed backwater outerrim planet, and then the rest when and if we get this unknown deal achieved with a possible bonus..I may need a week or two; Johl you know where to reach me.
    Johl shrugged and flashed her a crooked smile, "I trust him as a business partner."

The albino also smiled and seemed genuinely entertained as he replied, "If you agree to the job, which I will consider a contract, then you get the advance payment. The rest, you understand perfectly."

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    The Zabrak leaning on the wall near the door uncrossed his arms and called for attention with a wave.

"Color me interested sir. And I understand secrecy. I sure do.

But are there going to be any particulars we'll wish we had known about when we get there, equipment wise? Atmo, terrain, rough nature of the work to be done? Ferr instance, what if we need to transport living cargo/ Corrosive?"

Quey crossed his arms again.

We don't need to know your sleeve size, just generalities. Sir."
    The albino nodded, "And I understand wanting to be prepared. Very wise indeed, sir.

The atmosphere will not be an issue generally. But it is a primitive planet and there may be areas where dangerous gasses and other environmental elements could present a challenge. I believe there will be no cold environments, as planet is primarily covered in thick jungle. You will very likely have to deal with oppressive heat and humidity, various flora and fauna, and possibly primitive natives. You may well encounter creatures you believe might be valued elsewhere, so preparations to transport captured living beings would also be wise for ambitious entrepreneurs.

Terrain varies widely, so be prepared for anything, there is a vast area to be searched.

What I desire that you bring back is not dangerous, but it may not be easy to find or extract. You may need some mining equipment, but that is not certain. All I require initially are some samples. Whatever else you discover there is yours to keep."

He looked around to see if there were any other questions or concerns.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-08-01 at 04:26 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Will you give us more details on what it is we are making a deal for exactly?

Spoiler: gather information
    Show

(1d20+13)[32]

6. - Top - End - #6

PirateGuy

Quey grins broadly at his new employer.

Thank you sir. No more questions for me.

This guy really wants this item. If I'm right, giving him exactly what he wants is going to go to the upper end of five figures. Time to go the extra mile here. I wonder how much mining equipment costs?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Will you give us more details on what it is we are making a deal for exactly?

Spoiler: gather information
    Show

(1d20+13)[32]
    The albino cocked his head a little to the side as his red eyes gazed intently at Hawkeye for a moment. He looked slightly perplexed for a few seconds, then shrugged, "I am uncertain what else you desire to know. There is more information I will reveal once we rendezvous in the outer rim, but there is little else I can tell you now. Perhaps if you have something specific you wish to know, I can accommodate you?"
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-07-28 at 02:56 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

well the outer rim areas are full of space hazards for one, & knowing what planet it is we are meeting you on to get this further information is most important.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Character Image
    Show

Original Image

(Holo Disguise: DC 25 Spot, +5 for Electronics)
    I'll probably invest in the disguise skill as well,
    and use the holo in conjunction with a mundane disguise.

Cora wasn't overly interested in the mission details. The fact that the job was on the down-low, and the client wanted to keep it that way meant she probably wasn't going to get any good information here. However, she speaks up in a disgruntled tone, "Bonuses, Royalties. That doesn't mean squat unless we agree on an amount before we take on the job. I'm not going to argue over price after we do the work. That's just bad business." She visibly relaxes before she says, "We get a five percent commission on top of the fixed fee. After that, if you're feeling so generous, you can give us our variable bonuses like you wanted." Despite the tone the group knew well enough that her mood was just a part being played in a negotiation.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

well the outer rim areas are full of space hazards for one, & knowing what planet it is we are meeting you on to get this further information is most important.
    With a slightly wry grin, the albino replied, as if he was revealing his thought process to the conclusion, "I fail to understand why that is important, which is completely irrelevant. What matters is that you do. Many of you seem interested enough to agree to my terms, and I see little risk at this point in telling you. After all, I could easily change locations if you lot decide not to agree. Very well, I have arranged to meet you on Tatooine, the sooner the better."

Johl chuckled softly, "Ahhh, a favorite stop of many smugglers, bounty hunters, and other less than upright citizens of the galaxy. That gives us something tangible to work with too. I'm sure that is a primary reason she thought it important to know. Now we can better plan out our route and cargo."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Cora wasn't overly interested in the mission details. The fact that the job was on the down-low, and the client wanted to keep it that way meant she probably wasn't going to get any good information here. However, she speaks up in a disgruntled tone, "Bonuses, Royalties. That doesn't mean squat unless we agree on an amount before we take on the job. I'm not going to argue over price after we do the work. That's just bad business." She visibly relaxes before she says, "We get a five percent commission on top of the fixed fee. After that, if you're feeling so generous, you can give us our variable bonuses like you wanted." Despite the tone the group knew well enough that her mood was just a part being played in a negotiation.
    "I see you saved the true negotiator for the real business at hand," the albino nodded solemnly to Cora and continued, "I would agree to pay you five percent of what you retrieve for me. If it proves out to be what I suspect, I will agree to pay your group 2 percent of future profits."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

She nods in approval, and looks to Hawkeye, Quey, and the rest of the group.

13. - Top - End - #13

PirateGuy

Quey nods appreciatively at his partner Cora.

I'm glad she's on our side!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Well folks, I will meet up with the rest of the crew in a day or three as there are things that need to be done to prep the ship. Good Day

Hawkeye will go visit one of the best known banks on the planet as she knows the stuff she needs will take more than the extra 2,500 the albino has given her.

Hello (loan person) I need a loan for my ship.
    I would like to barrow 15,000
    I understand the base intrest rate is at 25%; however I would like to get this down as much as I possibly can;
    - backstory as a possible source

<bank #1> (Diplomacy +13) (1d20+13)[30]

Thankyou for the loan and good day
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-07-29 at 05:32 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Well folks, I will meet up with the rest of the crew in a day or three as there are things that need to be done to prep the ship. Good Day

Hawkeye will go visit one of the best known banks on the planet as she knows the stuff she needs will take more than the extra 2,500 the albino has given her.

Hello (loan person) I need a loan for my ship.
    I would like to barrow 15,000
    I understand the base intrest rate is at 25%; however I would like to get this down as much as I possibly can;
    - backstory as a possible source

<bank #1> (Diplomacy +13) (1d20+13)[30]

Thankyou for the loan and good day
    Coruscant is a big planet, and all one city. The place they met the albino was far from any district where a reputable bank would be found. But a small fee of 50cr would allow Hawkeye to get to the financial district in a taxi speeder in about an hour.

The security screening room at the bank entrance checked everyone for weapons. Any weapons would need to be left there, to be collected upon exiting.

Spoiler: Opposed roll
    Show
    Loan officer (bank 1) Diplomacy (1d20+16)[19]

The loan officer nodded slightly, "I think we can agree to that, with the standard time frame for repayment of course. We need a signature on the contract and a DNA sample to complete the transaction."
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-07-29 at 06:35 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    Coruscant is a big planet, and all one city. The place they met the albino was far from any district where a reputable bank would be found. But a small fee of 50cr would allow Cora to get to the financial district in a taxi speeder in about an hour.

The security screening room at the bank entrance checked everyone for weapons. Any weapons would need to be left there, to be collected upon exiting. This was a detailed scan and revealed the fact that Cora was a droid. However, this didn't seem to matter one bit when it came to admitting her. After all, many customers sent their droids to do their in person banking.

Spoiler: Opposed roll
    Show
    Loan officer (bank 1) Diplomacy (1d20+16)[19]

The loan officer nodded slightly, "I think we can agree to that, with the standard time frame for repayment of course. We need a signature on the contract and a DNA sample to complete the transaction."
    >>>Not Cora at the bank it is Hawkeye<<<
    Before I sign on the line what intrest rate do I qualify for? As for a dna sample I can not for religious reasons.
    Bluff for why no DNA.. (bluff+13) (1d20+13)[17]

Hawkeye signs: Reiza Hawkeye <& will give DNA only if the bluff check fails >
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-07-29 at 06:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

>>>Not Cora at the bank it is Hawkeye<<<
    Before I sign on the line what intrest rate do I qualify for? As for a dna sample I can not for religious reasons.
    Bluff for why no DNA.. (bluff+13) (1d20+13)[17]

Hawkeye signs: Reiza Hawkeye <& will give DNA only if the bluff check fails >
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Did you pay for the taxi?
    I edited to reflect the correct character, sorry!
    Loan officer (bank 1) Sense Motive (1d20+16)[32]

"Ah yes, interest of 20%" The loan officer arched an eyebrow, "Though I am no theologist, I've never heard of such religious restrictions. I'm sorry, and we mean no offense by it, but that's one of the requirements for loans to living beings."

If agreed he pulled out a data pad, made an entry to show the lower interest rate, then slid it across for her to sign with the stylus attached by a cable. As she did he asked, "The stylus will take the DNA sample, all very painless I assure you. Would you like a separate credit chip for that amount, or would you prefer to put it on one you provide? There's no additional cost, our chips are encrypted with the highest security protocols, and have no circuitry to accept any additional credits beyond what is there."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Show
    Did you pay for the taxi?
    I edited to reflect the correct character, sorry!
    Loan officer (bank 1) Sense Motive (1d20+16)[32]

"Ah yes, interest of 20%" The loan officer arched an eyebrow, "Though I am no theologist, I've never heard of such religious restrictions. I'm sorry, and we mean no offense by it, but that's one of the requirements for loans to living beings."

If agreed he pulled out a data pad, made an entry to show the lower interest rate, then slid it across for her to sign with the stylus attached by a cable. As she did he asked, "The stylus will take the DNA sample, all very painless I assure you. Would you like a separate credit chip for that amount, or would you prefer to put it on one you provide? There's no additional cost, our chips are encrypted with the highest security protocols, and have no circuitry to accept any additional credits beyond what is there."
    as for the loan a secure credit chip is fine
    left the meter running so I could get the ride back (110 Cr on my part should cover the taxi ride plus waiting)
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-07-29 at 06:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

as for the loan a secure credit chip is fine
    left the meter running so I could get the ride back (110 Cr on my part should cover the taxi ride plus waiting)
    The bank officer reached over and disconnected the stylus, then inserted a credit chip into the datapad. As it transferred the information he said, "The data pad is also yours, if you wish to keep it. It contains a copy of the terms of agreement and the specific details of this loan. The pad itself is encrypted so that only you can read it or use it, and it is currently incapable of accepting any more data. If you insert another credit chip it can deduct your payment, so there's no need for you to return to the bank, though you are more than welcome to pay in person. Once the loan is paid off we can wipe it clean and activate it again, a gift from the bank for your business."

As the pad beeped to indicate it was finished, he pulled out the credit chip and handed it to her, "If there's nothing else, enjoy your loan and have a nice day."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Cora forms a half-smile as the others seem to agree, glad that business is going well. Her hand bids Hawkeye a farewell as it looks like she's deemed business concluded. "Good. It seems like our captain likes you. Hopefully, it's a pleasure doing business." She offers a gloved handshake to the lady. "When do you need us in orbit? We'll take our time getting there so don't expect us to show up early."

Flashback: Some Time in the Past

This world had a certain air to it. It'd be burning her lungs slightly if she had any. Filth, pollution, and illicit activities are abundant in all areas. Nar Shaddaa is much like the city world of Coruscant. It's ruined, filthy cousin. She keeps alert, much like any local, as she enters a cantina in the Promenade.

She walks past the first couple tables of pazaak and sabacc, getting a feel for the place. Like an invisible guiding string, the business part of the bar pulls in those that are on the lookout for it. Almost as far away as you can get from the door, she stood in front of a veiled booth. Its thin nature, not even hiding the slug-like creature inside. A friend gave her the information that a new hutt was on the scene. From some old blood, he was young and not too important, yet, to do business with her. Her friend put in some words for Cora and, now, Cora is here, walking in on the bloated slug Durga Besadii Tai. Whether she's playing on his self-important or being respectful she gives him ownership of the conversation and lets him or his servants speak first.

Spoiler: Disguise
    Show
    Now that I've done my character's skills. I actually know my disguise skill. Cora's walking around disguise is DC 39 minus whatever penalties she gets (If I were to guess, it's -6).
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-07-30 at 02:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

PirateGuy

Quey ate voraciously. He hated the rations usually available in space. After the feast he goes to look for someone, anyone willing to pay for a blaster and two days worth of work.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Flashback: Some Time in the Past

This world had a certain air to it. It'd be burning her lungs slightly if she had any. Filth, pollution, and illicit activities are abundant in all areas. Nar Shaddaa is much like the city world of Coruscant. It's ruined, filthy cousin. She keeps alert, much like any local, as she enters a cantina in the Promenade.

She walks past the first couple tables of pazaak and sabacc, getting a feel for the place. Like an invisible guiding string, the business part of the bar pulls in those that are on the lookout for it. Almost as far away as you can get from the door, she stood in front of a veiled booth. Its thin nature, not even hiding the slug-like creature inside. A friend gave her the information that a new hutt was on the scene. From some old blood, he was young and not too important, yet, to do business with her. Her friend put in some words for Cora and, now, Cora is here, walking in on the bloated slug Durga Besadii Tai. Whether she's playing on his self-important or being respectful she gives him ownership of the conversation and lets him or his servants speak first.
    Though he had several servants and slaves around, including a notorious young bounty hunter, Durga grinned broadly as Cora approached and spoke in thickly accented basic, "Greetings Cora, I was told you wanted to see me about a loan. My terms are simple, at least 20% paid back each month. The interest is high, 50%, unless you want more than 50,000, then it's only 40%. The penalties for default would be... consequential, and very likely irreversible. How much are you looking to borrow?"
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-07-30 at 03:22 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Quey ate voraciously. He hated the rations usually available in space. After the feast he goes to look for someone, anyone willing to pay for a blaster and two days worth of work.
    Urok Dij'Olm, a minor noble from another planet, was here for some nefarious purposes and required such services. The pay was room and board at a very nice place, and the promise of fulfilling minor favors in the future if there should ever be a need. Quey escorted him through the lower city, a dangerous place, and had only one occasion to show his muscle.

A small group of humans accosted them on the first day. Most of them were teenagers thugs led by one scoundrel who could be no more than 20. Though they acted hostile and had weapons out, the leader demanded that they hand over whatever credit chips the pair possessed. Certainly an unfriendly attitude, but it was clear that the others followed their leader.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-07-31 at 07:06 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

24. - Top - End - #24

PirateGuy

A small group of teenaged thugs, led by a scoundrel who could be no more than 20, accosted them on the first day. Though they acted hostile and had weapons out, the leader demanded that they hand over whatever credit chips the pair possessed. Certainly an unfriendly attitude, but it was clear that the others followed their leader.
    "The first one of you sons of cowards pulls the trigger, dies."

Show
    Trying to intimidate [roll]1d20+6[/roll]

Also stepping forward to give my employer cover in the event of hostilities.
    Last edited by Bobb; 2015-07-31 at 12:23 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Though he had several servants and slaves around, including a notorious young bounty hunter, Durga grinned broadly as Cora approached and spoke in thickly accented basic, "Greetings Cora, I was told you wanted to see me about a loan. My terms are simple, at least 20% paid back each month. The interest is high, 50%, unless you want more than 50,000, then it's only 40%. The penalties for default would be... consequential, and very likely irreversible. How much are you looking to borrow?"
    Speaking in Huttese, "Greetings Great Obesity, Lord Durga." Noting the rush, she raises the cage in her hand. A metal box sealed on all sides except for a viewing port the guards checked out earlier. Inside is a thick shelled insect of some kind, barely moving. The cage radiates heat as a small furnace keeps the box unimaginable hot inside. "It's one of the rare lifeforms on Queyta, a Qutar beetle." (2,000 cr for the beast & cage) "They're well adjust to their volcano homes and normal temperatures are quite deadly to them. When cooled they become extremely brittle, and I hear they just fall apart on the tongue. An experience for all of the sense I'm assured, and my gift to you." She hands the cage off to whoever will take it.

"I'm glad. I'm known. That will make things easier. I know about you too. I know you are looking to grow, and that my debt will support your endeavors. And, I will owe you greatly, and you will be paid greatly. In return, I will borrow as many credits as your fat gullet can swallow." She retorts her own remake by performing a common Hutt gesture for when they ask for too much (and sometimes used ironically to acknowledge Hutt life and self-awareness of their hedonistic nature). "The interest rates you've laid out are reasonable, and I acknowledge your skill in laying them. The payments, I request be of a significant sum, but a lower percent the more I owe you. I will give you your money back. If not, I'll volunteer to you such harrowing, piercing screams my own blood will curdle."

Spoiler: Skill Checks!
    Show
    Cora is trying to play into Hutt culture and admiring his girth (and indirectly his wealth). She means what she says as a compliment though non-hutts might take her comments as an insult. Nor would some brave enough to compliment him in such a way. And, at the same time she is trying to establish herself as a similarly minded (corrupt) individual.

Diplomacy* to shift his Attitude:
    Diplomacy (1d20+13)[30]

Diplomacy* for the Haggle:
    Diplomacy (1d20+13)[20]**

**Lucky for 25.

Skills that could modify what she just said (take 10; I can roll if needed):
    Sense Motive, 18
    Knowledge: Alien Species, 17
    Knowledge: Business, 17
    Knowledge: Streetwise, 17

*She has Skill Emphasis (diplomacy) and Trustworthy right now.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-07-30 at 05:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking in Huttese, "Greetings Great Obesity, Lord Durga." Noting the rush, she raises the cage in her hand. A metal box sealed on all sides except for a viewing port the guards checked out earlier. Inside is a thick shelled insect of some kind, barely moving. The cage radiates heat as a small furnace keeps the box unimaginable hot inside. "It's one of the rare lifeforms on Queyta, a Qutar beetle." (2,000 cr for the beast & cage) "They're well adjust to their volcano homes and normal temperatures are quite deadly to them. When cooled they become extremely brittle, and I hear they just fall apart on the tongue. An experience for all of the sense I'm assured, and my gift to you." She hands the cage off to whoever will take it.

"I'm glad. I'm known. That will make things easier. I know about you too. I know you are looking to grow, and that my debt will support your endeavors. And, I will owe you greatly, and you will be paid greatly. In return, I will borrow as many credits as your fat gullet can swallow." She retorts her own remake by performing a common Hutt gesture for when they ask for too much (and sometimes used ironically to acknowledge Hutt life and self-awareness of their hedonistic nature). "The interest rates you've laid out are reasonable, and I acknowledge your skill in laying them. The payments, I request be of a significant sum, but a lower percent the more I owe you. I will give you your money back. If not, I'll volunteer to you such harrowing, piercing screams my own blood will curdle."

Spoiler: Skill Checks!
    Show
    Cora is trying to play into Hutt culture and admiring his girth (and indirectly his wealth). She means what she says as a compliment though non-hutts might take her comments as an insult. Nor would some brave enough to compliment him in such a way. And, at the same time she is trying to establish herself as a similarly minded (corrupt) individual.

Diplomacy* to shift his Attitude:
    Diplomacy (1d20+20)[32]

Diplomacy* for the Haggle:
    Diplomacy (1d20+10)[29]**

**Lucky for 25.

Skills that could modify what she just said (take 10; I can roll if needed):
    Sense Motive, 18
    Knowledge: Alien Species, 17
    Knowledge: Business, 17
    Knowledge: Streetwise, 17

*She has Skill Emphasis (diplomacy) and Trustworthy right now.
    Durga chuckled softly and motioned one of his slaves to take the cage. Switching to Huttese he said, “Interesting turn of phrase, since I happen to know you have no blood. But there are things worse than blood curdling for your kind, yes?”

Pausing a moment to let what he just revealed about how much he knew of her sink in, the young Hutt continued, “As to the loan itself, I think a limit of 60,000 Republic credits is reasonable, for now. I'm assuming, of course, you want Republic credits in this deal. Since you show respect and understanding of our ways, I’ll set the interest at 35%, which will mean you owe me 81,000 credits. The first payment of 20,250 credits will be due in one month. Agreed?”

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Diplomacy (1d20+20)[32]
    Sense Motive (1d20+10)[29]
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

His pause gives him plenty of time to observe her pause. She nods her head, herself acknowledging his superior game. "Absolutely. I'm sure your creativity would surprise me."

"Agreed. I look forward to doing business with you in the future." She smiles unbridled and wide. Noting once again his earlier rush, she decides to make their after-agreement talk short for her own sake. "It was a pleasure meeting you Great Obesity, Lord Durga." She gives something akin to a small curtsy and waits to be dismissed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Woo! Talking and dealing with Hutts. Dang, our haggle tied. I was hoping my semi-decent roll might be enough.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-07-30 at 06:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

His pause gives him plenty of time to observe her pause. She nods her head, herself acknowledging his superior game. "Absolutely. I'm sure your creativity would surprise me."

"Agreed. I look forward to doing business with you in the future." She smiles unbridled and wide. Noting once again his earlier rush, she decides to make their after-agreement talk short for her own sake. "It was a pleasure meeting you Great Obesity, Lord Durga." She gives something akin to a small curtsy and waits to be dismissed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Woo! Talking and dealing with Hutts. Dang, our haggle tied. I was hoping my semi-decent roll might be enough.
    Durga took a credit chip out of a pouch, slipped it into a datapad he took from another pouch and transferred the 60,000 Republic credits to the chip. He handed it to a slave, who bowed and gave it to Cora as Durga said, "Pleasure doing business with you, so far. I do hope that continues. See you in a month, Cora."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Back at the meeting, Jurai surprises any who may have forgotten her presence by stretching languidly and yawning for a goodly time. Peering at the albino through heavy eyelids she shrugs

"Sure" she answers "I guess I can fit a trip to Tatooine into my busy, busy schedule"

Can't stay on Coruscant for too much longer anyway she thinks to herself
    Spoiler: Games I'm a part of
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC...
    Show
    Presuming Starmage's character, and possibly arccos' as well eventually post and agree, we can continue. If either has more to add we can always retro-post that.

The albino pulled out several credit chips and dealt them out, “We have a deal then. See you all on Tatooine. I should be there in a week.” He handed them what looked like an archaic little item; a piece of parchment with some writing in scrambled basic. But when anyone who had agreed to the deal looked at it the letters moved and coalesced in a clear description of a location on Tatooine written on it, “This is where we will meet. Though there is no particular rush, I would appreciate a swift journey on your part. I do have other business to attend.”

Johl looked at the paper, “I know this place, quite well actually. It should be no problem finding it, once we get to Tatooine.”

After everyone was satisfied with the details so far and agreed with the deal, the albino smiled as he stood, “Best of luck on your journey. See you soon.”

After the albino left and before anyone else did, Johl grinned broadly and said, “I invite everyone to join me for dinner, my treat. Tonight we celebrate another well negotiated business deal and toast our upcoming adventure together. Tomorrow I will help you in the shipyard with the upgrades to the freighter so we can be on our way as soon as possible. Those not involved in the repairs and installations should spend that time searching for potential passengers and cargo."

Taking on a more serious visage, he added, "However, there is one more consideration we should discuss now. Once we reach our destination do you intend to land the freighter and leave it there, land and send it back into orbit with your R2 & R4 units at the helm, or obtain a small shuttle to use for ship to surface transport?

Regardless of this decision, I would only be of marginal assistance on the ground. So I propose that I stay in orbit, ready to defend the other ship, whether it’s in orbit or on the ground. That will also allow me to keep sweeping the area with sensors for any possible incoming ships. If you run into real trouble I can support you from the air or land and assist as best as I am able.”
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-07-30 at 09:54 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice