New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: [SWd20] Universe is Mostly A Dark Place

as the hairless dark skinned man bellowed out “I am Bok. Johnnie sent me to see Captain Hawkeye and inspect the ship.” noting the force pike Hawkeye will release the safety on her blaster pistol for just in case it is needed.
    Bok is it? I have no idea who this Johnnie is never heard of the name before now.. remembering the earlier text on the comlink: <<A Dashade (She gives a short description) named Bok Nollis is looking to investigate our ship to see if our VIP and one of his bodyguards will be booking passage. He'll be arriving immediately.>> So I have a few requirements, you will tell me exactly what it is you wish to look at, then you will leave your weapons here or store them at a safe location, before I allow you to step onto the ship..

Edit
    Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show

Bok Diplomacy roll (1d20+15)[27]
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-08-02 at 10:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Before they get into the landspeeder
    <<Text to Hawkeye: A dashade (She gives a short description) named Bok Nollis is looking to investigate our ship to see if our VIP and one of his bodyguards will be booking passage. He'll be arriving immediately.>>

Inside the landspeeder
    She ducked her way in, and relaxed against her seating as much as Johnnie did. Not acknowledging the Twi’lek or Feeorin if they weren't introduced. Johl's and Johnnie's reuniting talk perked a curiosity, but as it quickly ended Cora raised an eyebrow at Johl and his outright refusal to talk business.

A few social cues come off from Cora that she's the women he needs to talk with. She gives him a minor nod as if she's introducing herself to the conversation. "Your commendations will be suitable. Nollis will confess to that. You and your bodyguard will each have a private room, your privacy, and that privacy will extend to your personal belongings." She'll oblige as much information he desires about his travel arrangements and whatever compromises need to be made to make sure he has a comfortable stay.

"We can handle your cargo discreetly. The privacy of your personal belongs is assured. The privacy of the cargo is another matter. We don't really care what type of cargo you need delivered; however, nothing goes in our cargo hold without our knowledge. We'll need to inspect the cargo, make sure that it's safe to transport etc. etc. Business as usually. After that we'll make all the arrangements that need to be made." She looks at him as if telling him how its going to happen, but she's waiting for any questions or objections.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Just a general diplomacy check:
    Diplomacy (1d20+12)[21] (Not including Illicit Barter, but it may apply.)

Looking for deception:
    Sense Motive (1d20+7)[11]

Are there any other YT-1300's at the dock? Cora would like to preform some identify theft before they leave.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-08-02 at 11:16 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

At the ship...

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    as the hairless dark skinned man bellowed out “I am Bok. Johnnie sent me to see Captain Hawkeye and inspect the ship.” noting the force pike Hawkeye will release the safety on her blaster pistol for just in case it is needed.
    Bok is it? I have no idea who this Johnnie is never heard of the name before now.. remembering the earlier text on the comlink: <<A Dashade (She gives a short description) named Bok Nollis is looking to investigate our ship to see if our VIP and one of his bodyguards will be booking passage. He'll be arriving immediately.>> So I have a few requirements, you will tell me exactly what it is you wish to look at, then you will leave your weapons here or store them at a safe location, before I allow you to step onto the ship..

Edit
    Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show

Bok Diplomacy roll (1d20+15)[27]
    Bok grinned fiercely and nodded once, walking over to one of the dock workers and obtaining an empty bin, which just so happened to be a walking service droid. Guiding it back to the bottom of the ramp he began to place his weapons inside, an impressive number indeed. "I will agree to your terms, but I would request two things. First, that this bin be kept aboard at the location of your choice. Second, that I be allowed to keep one weapon in case something happens outside your control while we conduct the inspection. I would leave the choice of what weapon that is up to you, but I would choose the inactivated force pike so it can easily be monitored."

Bok used no means to weigh his words or their intent to influence her, he simply explained the intent in open terms, “I will do a general inspection of all the functioning parts of the vessel; engines mostly, and the general state of the ships defenses. I will touch nothing without your explicit permission, Captain. Then I will closely examine the rooms we are to use. You may accompany me if you wish, and no harm will be done to the ship or any of its components. I strongly encourage you to communicate with your people who are with Johnnie if there are any questions or concerns.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-08-02 at 12:49 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Well Bok, looking at the semi-full walking bin, the pike it is, but that comes with the knowledge that if you activate it, I won't hesitate to shoot first and ask questions later. Hawkeye walks over to the bin and secures it to the ships landing gear, before following Bok onto the ship, giving him turn by turn instructions on where things are and the longest route possible to get there.
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-08-02 at 01:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

In the City...

Johnnie grinned at Johl, I see why you let this one do the negotiating, she is very good and quite thorough.

Johl shrugged and nodded, "
    Indeed, well worth her weight in gold, as they used to say. For more than one reason, I assure you." He finally turned his intent gaze from the Twi'lek to watch the scenery roll by outside the window.

After a round of laughter at that, the rotund man took a sip of his drink, then replied seriously to Cora, I accept those terms. I fully expect that you would want to inspect the cargo before and after it is loaded, to ensure there is no switch involved. I would ask only that this be done out of sight, first in our warehouse, then again after it is in your ship. The vast majority of it will be very high quality and massively condensed illegal spice drugs. The remainder are personal weapons that are normally only allowed for use by the military, restricted, or require licenses in most places. On Tatooine nothing is really illegal or restricted if the Hutts approve and make money on it. Since I sell directly to them, they certainly will profit from this if they so desire.

If you agree to transport these goods, I would include a surveillance droid in my entourage to monitor the area around the smuggler hold entrance. It will be there strictly to ensure security throughout the voyage, for me and yourselves. It will be instructed to notify whoever you designate if the hold is disturbed during the journey.
    "

He grinned again as he asked, Now, what exorbitant and outrageous fees will you be asking for all this?

Cora had no indication whatsoever that he was trying to hide anything, lie, or even be the slightest bit deceptive.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    A little ahead of the story line there, but let's see. That is a fairly common cargo ship, so 1 in 4 chance at least one or more is currently in that docking area. (1d4)[1] = YES.
    How many other YT-1300's currently at the dock? (1d6)[6]
    How many hours will each be there? [5][6][2][10][6][7]

We can check again before you leave.

Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-08-02 at 01:30 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

At the ship...

Well Bok, looking at the semi-full walking bin, the pike it is, but that comes with the knowledge that if you activate it, I won't hesitate to shoot first and ask questions later. Hawkeye walks over to the bin and secures it to the ships landing gear, before following Bok onto the ship, giving him turn by turn instructions on where things are and the longest route possible to get there.
    "Understood." Before entering the ship he released a tiny floating surveillance droid, which floated over the bin. He activated the comlink on his wrist, then followed wherever she led, patiently enduring whatever route she chose. It was clear from a few of his detailed questions and comments that he was very familiar with this general ship design, and was intrigued with some of their modifications.

In the hold he pulled out a small scanner and searched thoroughly for the hidden compartments before they were revealed, to see how difficult such a search might be. Nodding in approval when the device, preset to a limit well beyond most of those used by governments, failed to detect the smuggler hold, he also grinned, "Compliments to you Captain, and to the designers, builders, and owners of such an efficient compartment. So far, it all looks very good. Now for the quarters. Also, please tell me what you can about your crew and partners."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Jurai does her best, but fails, to look anything but utterly bored during the car ride.
    She gives the man's bodyguards a cursory once-over, even taking a small amount of legitimate interest in the power armour, but in the end, just tried not to doze off or get distracted by the scenery
    Spoiler: Games I'm a part of
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

In the City...

Johnnie's laughter only roused a false, assuring smile out of her. "Good. We need only inspect the cargo before we can start making arrangements. Your desire for secrecy is as much as our own desire. Your warehouse will work for us." An uninterested mhm is her response to the cargo. Nothing to worry about, probably.

"The droid being a droid will be no problem. And, the droid will continue to be no issue as long as it follows the same rules we laid out for passengers. We can arrange a designated crew for the droid. I'll have to request that one of our crew deletes any recordings that the droid captures before our business is concluded. Security matters, and all."

"The price for transporting will be a percentage of the cargo's estimated value. We'll need our own appraisal to give you the actual numbers. The fee is to be paid before the cargo enters the ship. We have nothing to do with whether your goods sell or not, and we won't be sticking around waiting for you to get payed for you can pay us."

"So, Let's have a look at those goods shall we? Not to rush, but we're in a hurry to get to where we're going."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

In the City...

Spoiler: Cora
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Johnnie's laughter only roused a false, assuring smile out of her. "Good. We need only inspect the cargo before we can start making arrangements. Your desire for secrecy is as much as our own desire. Your warehouse will work for us." An uninterested mhm is her response to the cargo. Nothing to worry about, probably.

"The droid being a droid will be no problem. And, the droid will continue to be no issue as long as it follows the same rules we laid out for passengers. We can arrange a designated crew for the droid. I'll have to request that one of our crew deletes any recordings that the droid captures before our business is concluded. Security matters, and all."

"The price for transporting will be a percentage of the cargo's estimated value. We'll need our own appraisal to give you the actual numbers. The fee is to be paid before the cargo enters the ship. We have nothing to do with whether your goods sell or not, and we won't be sticking around waiting for you to get payed for you can pay us."

"So, Let's have a look at those goods shall we? Not to rush, but we're in a hurry to get to where we're going."

Johnnie glanced at Johl, who was engrossed in the scenery. He shrugged and flashed Cora a half smile, "You may well have a good idea of the market value for weapons, which is typically at least double the normal price without the proper licenses and such. But you're an expert on the value of illegal drugs too? Damn, if so Johl was right about your worth. Maybe I should try to talk you into working for me!"

Though he seemed a jovial type generally, his visage reflected the very serious attitude he had toward business as he considered his own musings a moment. He shrugged and added, "We'll have plenty of time to talk about that on the way. We're almost there now, so let's see if we can wrap this up.

I agree to the conditions concerning the surveillance droid. You can wipe its memory for all I care. It's about the size of a small melon, and it'll be in the area near the smuggler hold entrance for the entire journey, so it needs no quarters. If you wish to charge me a bit more on my passage for it, I understand.

What percentage of perceived value do you propose to charge me for transporting these goods? And how much for our rooms? Bok will take a standard room, if any are available. I'll take the best you have.
    "
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

"please tell me what you can about your crew and partners."
    Sir what information you may wish to know about my crew / partners is strictly up to them to divulge or share.
    as for myself I am the captain of the Sidewider, and that is all you need know. now you can report your finding to your employer and if they are agreeable we can depart as soon as the last of the cargo is loaded

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

In the City...

Chuckling, "You'd have to make quite the offer. I'm afraid I can no longer be bought with credits. Those days are behind me."

"A petty fee for the droid won't be necessary.

Five grand, minimum, for our best room. The other rooms I'm sad to say are all occupied expect for freighter bunks. We can guarantee the entire room to Bok. At no additional charge.

Normally our percentage is around five; however, considering you're a new client and you seem like the type of person I would want to do business with in the future. If you couldn't tell already
    ", She gives him a genuine smile. "Four percent." A typical higher-end first bid. She looks at him with her game face, a mischievous smile upon it, inviting him to an enjoyable session of haggling.

Spoiler: Haggling
    Show
    Haggling:
    Diplomacy (1d20+17)[36] (Includes Illicit Barter)

Checking to see if he thinks that price reasonable:
    Sense Motive(1d20+7)[26]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

On the ship...

Spoiler: Hawkeye
    Show
    Sir what information you may wish to know about my crew / partners is strictly up to them to divulge or share.
    as for myself I am the captain of the Sidewider, and that is all you need know. now you can report your finding to your employer and if they are agreeable we can depart as soon as the last of the cargo is loaded

What must pass for a grin appeared on the alien face, "Very well, Captain. Accommodations are acceptable and all security matters are acceptable so far. There is but one thing left to check before I contact my employer."

The creature suddenly activated the force pike and lunged at her with it.

Spoiler: Surprise!?
    Show
    Roll spot to avoid surprise (DC 20), +10 because you were prepared for the possibility according to your initial post with him.

Surprise (or on initiative if it gets that far) attack (1d20+12)[14]
    Stun = Fort save DC 15

If not surprised = Initiative (1d20+2)[6]
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-08-02 at 06:48 PM. Reason: forgot speech color
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

In the City...

Show
    Chuckling, "You'd have to make quite the offer. I'm afraid I can no longer be bought with credits. Those days are behind me."

"A petty fee for the droid won't be necessary.

Five grand, minimum, for our best room. The other rooms I'm sad to say are all occupied expect for freighter bunks. We can guarantee the entire room to Bok. At no additional charge.

Normally our percentage is around five; however, considering you're a new client and you seem like the type of person I would want to do business with in the future. If you couldn't tell already
    ", She gives him a genuine smile. "Four percent." A typical higher-end first bid. She looks at him with her game face, a mischievous smile upon it, inviting him to an enjoyable session of haggling.

Spoiler: Haggling
    Show
    Haggling:
    Diplomacy (1d20+26)[35] (Includes Illicit Barter)

Checking to see if he thinks that price reasonable:
    Sense Motive[roll1]

"I can afford quite an offer, but as I said we have plenty of time to discuss that later. I accept your passage fees*." Johnnie's smile suddenly turned predatory now that they had entered into one of his business skills; negotiating. "I'd bet quite a bit you don't get much business at that rate, at least not from discriminating and knowledgeable folk. Even four percent is far too high for this particular cargo. I could easily arrange another ship for far less without even revealing what I'm shipping. But I like Johl, and I'm starting to like you too, so I offer half a percent in response."

Show
    *All 3 regular quarters ARE available, those people who paid for them were coming here. That would be 1000 normally for the trip fee. If you decide to do that he'd accept anyway.

Johnnie Diplomacy (1d20+26)[35]
    If he wins this roll it does not mean you have to accept, it just means he has the upper hand in bargaining so far.

EDIT: Since you won that one, go down in your offer just a little!
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-08-02 at 07:05 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    On the ship...

What must pass for a grin appeared on the alien face, "Very well, Captain. Accommodations are acceptable and all security matters are acceptable so far. There is but one thing left to check before I contact my employer."

The creature suddenly activated the force pike and lunged at her with it.

Spoiler: Surprise!?
    Show
    Roll spot to avoid surprise (DC 20), +10 because you were prepared for the possibility according to your initial post with him.

Surprise (or on initiative if it gets that far) attack [roll0]
    Stun = Fort save DC 15

If not surprised = Initiative [roll1]
    Hawkeye ever watchfull catches the big guys movement and with a flick her wrist has the blaster in hand and firing without thinking twice.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spot (1d20+10)[30] (DC 20), (+10 because prepared)
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[17]
    Free Action: Quickdraw: Blaster
    Move Action: Attack: (1d20+11)[24] Stun Fort DC18 (point blank range +1 atk & dmg)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

On the Ship...

Spoiler: Hawkeye
    Show
    Hawkeye ever watchfull catches the big guys movement and with a flick her wrist has the blaster in hand and firing without thinking twice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+10)[30] (DC 20), (+10 because prepared)
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[17]
    Free Action: Quickdraw: Blaster
    Move Action: Attack Action: (1d20+11)[24] Stun Fort DC18 (point blank range +1 atk & dmg)

The Captain was alert and agile, drawing her heavy blaster pistol and firing before the pike could even get close. Her heavy blaster bolt struck the Dashade. He dropped the pike and stood stunned for a few seconds. When the temporary effect wore off he kicked the pike away as he said, "I surrender." He stepped back and pulled out a comlink, activated it and said, "All secure sir. The Captain is good as her word, in all things."

Show
    Fort vs Stun (1d20+10)[19] = stunned for 1 round

Firing a blaster once is an attack action.

The others who are with Johnnie hear nothing, he has a tiny receiver in his ear and has been waiting to hear this.

Slowly raising his hands to show he meant no further violence, Bok said, "You are brave and efficient. According to the code my people live by, you have the right to hold me captive for ransom to my employer. He is aware of the ramifications. If you let me go, I must protect you against all but my brethren and my employer as long as I am in your presence, from this day forth, or until another event changes that."
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-08-03 at 05:48 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Bok! if this is a test of some sort you will find me a most skilled adversary
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-08-02 at 07:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Bok! if this is a test of some sort you will find me a most skilled adversary
    "Indeed, a test of your word and bravery."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

In the City...
    She keeps her smile, and if anything, her grin seems to get wider as she metaphorically bunts heads with Johnnie. Almost smugly, "Business is flowing great. A five percent fee will do that. Our last client was more than happy with our rates and our performance."

Two extremes on the spectrum. One high bid. One low bid. She takes her haggle down by a percent, "Three Percent. You're practically a friend now with a price with that." Haggle (1d20+17)[35]
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-08-02 at 07:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Hawkeye keys the comlink <<TEXT: to Cora; the bugger tried to pull a fast one with a force pike , he claims he is now my captive for ransom to his employer...see what he is worth>>

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

In the City...

Show
    She keeps her smile, and if anything, her grin seems to get wider as she metaphorically bunts heads with Johnnie. Almost smugly, "Business is flowing great. A five percent fee will do that. Our last client was more than happy with our rates and our performance."

Two extremes on the spectrum. One high bid. One low bid. She takes her haggle down by a percent, "Three Percent. You're practically a friend now with a price with that." Haggle [roll0]

Johnnie rubbed his hands together, truly enjoying this verbal sparring match, "Ah, if that were true I doubt Johl would've contacted me. Maybe you should return to your last client for another load? However, you are very good, again worth much in itself. I'll give you my highest bid, instead of wasting more time on this. I am willing to pay you no more than two percent, take it or leave it. Your fee will amount to the high end of 5 figures, I assure you."

He cocked his head ever so slightly and lost focus in his eyes a moment, then he nodded once, "Your ship and Captain have passed Bok's inspections."

Spoiler: Haggle roll
    Show
    You whooped him! (1d20+24)[26]
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-08-02 at 08:09 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Without a blip from the comlink in her pocket, she receives hawkeye's message internally.

She looks to Johl when he claims that business is going bad for a second before focusing on him. Saying nothing, she hears him out. He deserves that much at least before she offers her hand to him. "Deal." Afterward she relaxes back in her seat.

She moves her hand closer to her blaster, but doesn't even touch it. Almost as if it pains her she says, "Business is going so well. I'd hate to sully what we've got going here. However, my captain wants us to start our next haggle, immediately. She says Bok lost his fight, and has offered himself up as a captive to be ransomed back."

Spoiler
    Show
    She really, really doesn't want a fight.
    Diplomacy to smooth things over by being a calming force: (1d20+12)[27]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

In the City...

Show
    Without a blip from the comlink in her pocket, she receives hawkeye's message internally.

She looks to Johl when he claims that business is going bad for a second before focusing on him. Saying nothing, she hears him out. He deserves that much at least before she offers her hand to him. "Deal." Afterward she relaxes back in her seat.

She moves her hand closer to her blaster, but doesn't even touch it. Almost as if it pains her she says, "Business is going so well. I'd hate to sully what we've got going here. However, my captain wants us to start our next haggle, immediately. She says Bok lost his fight, and has offered himself up as a captive to be ransomed back."

Spoiler
    Show
    She really, really doesn't want a fight.
    Diplomacy to smooth things over by being a calming force: [roll0]

Johnnie shook hands and relaxed, "Excellent! We're nearly there now, just another minute or so."

Johl turned his head slowly to look at Johnnie upon hearing Cora's last words. He shook his head and looked disappointed but was seemingly still very relaxed, "Ahh, our Captain bested Bok then. I had thought you changed that little test years ago, Johnnie? Otherwise, I would not have left her at risk like that."

Johnnie shrugged, "The old ways are sometimes still the best. While it can result in hard feelings, occasionally in wounds, it never results in death. Bok knows the risks, and is still willing to put himself in that position. Were it not for his people's code of honor under employment and his self discipline, I would not trust him as much. I doubt it was much of a fight"

Turning to look at Cora, Johnnie let out an exasperated sigh, "Yes, ransom, which comes out of his pay. How much would satisfy her, and you?"
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Catching Johl's mood she moves her hand away from her side, and looks to him. "A warning would have been appreciated." Rolling her eyes at the happenings.

She smiles to Johnnie and shakes her head. "I've done enough business and haggling today. Let's just agree you owe us a favor, however minor that favor may be. I'd like to relax, and join my new associates in a moment of respite. To clear the air, and look forward to our short stint together in the near future.."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-08-02 at 08:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

In the City, At the Warehouse...

Show
    Catching Johl's mood she moves her hand away from her side, and looks to him. "A warning would have been appreciated." Rolling her eyes at the happenings.

She smiles to Johnnie and shakes her head. "I've done enough business and haggling today. Let's just agree you owe us a favor, however minor that favor may be. I'd like to relax, and join my new associates in a moment of respite. To clear the air, and look forward to our short stint together in the near future.."

His eyes hardened dangerously as he glared at Johnnie and spoke to Cora in a tone approaching apologetic, about as close as Johl ever came to apologizing to anyone, "I truly believed he had ceased that barbaric practice years ago."

Johnnie shrugged again and flashed a disarming smile at Cora. Without a word he nodded in agreement to her terms.

Johl lightened up slightly and turned to smile at Cora, "Well done, I have rarely known of Johnnie to capitulate so quickly or easily. That favor may turn out to be worth more than whatever ransom he'd have been willing to pay!"

Just then they arrived at the warehouse, the bodyguard opened the door opened on the side. They saw a large group of drall and a few human protesters gathered around the main entrance. The Feeorin in power armor glanced at Johnnie, who sighed in exasperation and said, “Go scare them off, but try not to kill any. Meet us inside, I’ll be safe with these folks.

The Feeorin nodded once and jumped out of the vehicle and ran toward the group of protesters. The door closed again and the vehicle drove around the back to pull up beside a small, well-hidden metal door that opened as they arrived. Johnnie told the Twi’lek to stay in the car as he exited and led the others inside. They first entered the back of a rather large office, which was filled with expensive luxury of all kinds, then went into the warehouse itself.

Dozens of various battle droids were stationed around the perimeter and on a walkway near the ceiling, all carrying heavy blaster rifles and holstered blaster pistols. A wide variety of tough looking humanoids, a dozen or so, mulled around while drall and droid workers went about their business.

Johnnie led the group to an isolated vault in one corner, which occupied about 10% of the space inside the vast building. A pair of Droideka Destroyer droids stood sentry on either side of the door, another pair stood on top of the vault. A thinner, younger version of Johnnie sat between them, a blaster rifle across his lap.

Johnnie smiled up at this lad and said proudly, “That’s my youngest son, Ronnie. He’s in charge of the warehouse while I’m away, but he hates sitting in the office.” He put his hand on a biometric code pad mounted next to the door, then put his eye up to a scanner on the door itself. Finally entering a code into another pad on the door, it opened. Inside were hundreds of large wooden crates in neat, stacked rows, each crate being about 2 meters square. Groups of them had different color coding painted on the edges, presumably to indicate what illicit material was inside each, all very organized.

Johnnie stood just inside the door and said, “Inspect away. The total market value is two million Republic credits. The bulk price of the drugs and the mark-up value on the smuggled weapons makes that worth about 4 million to the Hutts. Your cut for transport is 80,000. Since we already agreed, I'll pay you as soon as it reaches the ship. How would you like that paid? One credit chip with Republic credits, several chips, or some other form of wealth like gems?” A worker droid with a crowbar and a hammer on tool mounts stood by to assist in opening and resealing the wooden crates.

Johl whistled softly in appreciation of so much wealth in such a small area as he nudged Cora in the side gently with his elbow, "I think you made a great deal. I have no need to inspect anything, I know what those colors mean. But I'm sure the Captain would want to know you looked, however briefly."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

On the Ship...

Bok stood steadily with his hands in the air, remaining quiet and waiting to hear his fate. He never took his eyes off Hawkeye and looked as if he could stand like that forever.

Show
    One of you, I believe Elbeyon, posted earlier about having a droid join the Captain. That is possible if you want.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Haggar comes running from the back of the ship, lightsaber in hand, though deactivated, to find the source of the blaster-fire, only to see Hawkeye holding the staggering Bok hostage at gunpoint. A look of surprise on his face for a moment, until he realizes everything is going fine.

"Is this an issue I can assist with? It looks like you've got things under control here, but I thought I'd ask."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    Haggar comes running from the back of the ship, lightsaber in hand, though deactivated, to find the source of the blaster-fire, only to see Hawkeye holding the staggering Bok hostage at gunpoint. A look of surprise on his face for a moment, until he realizes everything is going fine.

"Is this an issue I can assist with? It looks like you've got things under control here, but I thought I'd ask."
    Without looking towards the sound of the voice, Sure thing Haggar, find some bindings off the ship bind this fellow to a post over there pointing away from the weapons and ship, untill his boss comes to pay for him.
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-08-03 at 09:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Haggar shrugs, walking back into the ship to look for a set of plasteel manacles and a good sturdy support strut to lock the hulking brute up to.

When he comes back with a set of manacles that might fit, and some zip ties in case they dont, he looks at the brute in the eye

"Dont give us any trouble. If you dont get shot faster than you can blink, you might get worse from me."

Haggar tries the manacles, discovering that Bok's wrists are just too big for them. He settles for a chain of plasteel zip ties to keep him in place.
    Last edited by Starmage21; 2015-08-03 at 09:43 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Bok shows no sign of acknowledging their words, but passively cooperates with whatever the Captain and her associate decree. When he is led away he nudges the force pike on the floor with his toe, which is still humming with activity, to remind them it is there and still on.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-08-03 at 11:02 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    Bok shows no sign of acknowledging their words, but passively cooperates with whatever the Captain and her associate decree. When he is led away he nudged the force pike on the floor with his toe, which is still humming with activity, to remind them it is there and still on.
    once bok is secured away from things, hawkeye will filp the swtich back to stun, reholster the pistol, then walk over to the pike bend over deactivate it, pick it up then walk over to the secured walking bin place it in the bin, then turn walk back to about 8m away from bok, your stuff is secured over there, it is yours when your boss comes.
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-08-03 at 10:27 AM.