New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VII: Come for the Art, Stay for the Arguments

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    "I like my women the way I like my cheesecake: ice cold and covered with Nutella."

Y'all can thank Jurai for that mental image.
    can i sig this? this is hilarious.
    avatardonebymememememememememeeeeeeeeeee

Julian, it's a hungry world
    They're gonna eat you alive son, yeah
    Oh Julian, when their fangs sink in
    I'll stitch you but then I gotta throw you back in

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VII: Come for the Art, Stay for the Arguments

Was completely unaware that fantasy penguin was such a considerable art niche...
    Last edited by BootStrapTommy; 2015-09-14 at 06:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My D&D 5th ed. Druid Handbook

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

Further fantasy female forms!

Set One:
    Spoiler
    Show

Set Two:
    Spoiler
    Show

Set Three:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Hello, looking for badass crossbow wielders. I do not care for anything else about their appearance, just as they wield a crossbow and make it look cool.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #187

A Random Selection
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Leon; 2015-09-20 at 06:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Hello, looking for badass crossbow wielders. I do not care for anything else about their appearance, just as they wield a crossbow and make it look cool.
    That's pretty non-specific, and I was having trouble uploading several individual pictures to imgur at once, so just have this album I made of all the images I have of people with crossbows.

In case that first link doesn't work right (I've noticed I get 404s when I click on the individual images) here's another one.
    Last edited by Kadzar; 2015-09-21 at 01:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

My compliments to Sword Coast Legends' concept artists, because they actually managed to make a 5e halfling that belongs here:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Totally not sorry if this has been posted before)
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

10. - Top - End - #190

Shame about the heels on those boots.

Group One
    Spoiler
    Show

Group Two
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Leon; 2015-09-22 at 06:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Shame about the heels on those boots.
    Nothing's perfect. I'm just happy her head isn't equal in size to the rest of her body.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

12. - Top - End - #192

Group One
    Spoiler
    Show

Group Two
    Spoiler
    Show

Group Three
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #193

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2015-09-23 at 10:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

What's that--a cheesecake shortage? JJ Lovely is on the case.

Set One:
    Spoiler
    Show

Set Two:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Human Paladin with a greatsword, preferably in full plate (helmet optional) with variable colors, preferably a standard steel base color with a lighter color complement. (I notice a lot of art about Paladins has decorated armor) Cape (or cloak) is also preferable, especially if it's attached underneath the pauldrons.

My own search has been lacking and getting many of the same results, so I figured I'd ask.
    Last edited by Lawleepawpz; 2015-09-23 at 07:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lawleepawpz View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a Human Paladin with a greatsword, preferably in full plate (helmet optional) with variable colors, preferably a standard steel base color with a lighter color complement. (I notice a lot of art about Paladins has decorated armor) Cape (or cloak) is also preferable, especially if it's attached underneath the pauldrons.

My own search has been lacking and getting many of the same results, so I figured I'd ask.
    Specifying a gender might help.

17. - Top - End - #197

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beast View Post
    Specifying a gender might help.
    My apologies. I am looking for a male.

18. - Top - End - #198

My apologies. I am looking for a male.
    Here's some of varying suitability, all from previous versions of this thread.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Seriously though. I just don't want to see another setting with the same uninspiring oatmeal polytheism blend.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

This is one I really like that matches your description:

Spoiler: Pally
    Show

Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Maybe some photoshop wizard can change the first one's clothes to blue or something instead of this rather evil red (and it needs to be mirrored if your character isn't lefthanded). Second is too decorated for what you're looking for, I know. Whatever.

21. - Top - End - #201

MindFlayer

Perfect, thank's everybody. :D

And Lilapop, that second one is actually really nice, since a lot of it looks like it's the lighting.

22. - Top - End - #202

This is for a bet with a friend. Are Korea-inspired cultures and characters horribly underrepresented in fantasy art of non-Korean origin?
    This is also a challenge to see if you can differentiate between Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cultures.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    This is for a bet with a friend. Are Korea-inspired cultures and characters horribly underrepresented in fantasy art of non-Korean origin?
    This is also a challenge to see if you can differentiate between Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cultures.
    Spoiler: Tax: Tiny Vampire girls.
    Show

Spoiler: This is from a Korean artist, but it's not especially Korean
    Show

There's a fair amount of Korean fantasy art, mostly connected with MMORPS. A lot of it, like the Chinese stuff, is possibly a bit fanservicey for the taste of this forum. I wouldn't say a lot of it specifically screams "Korea!" either.

Just out of curiousity, would you say that Dutch-inspired fantasy art is under-represented in fantasy art of non-Dutch origin and could you differentiate between fantasized depictions of English, Dutch, and French cultures?

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler: Tax: Tiny Vampire girls.
    Show

Spoiler: This is from a Korean artist, but it's not especially Korean
    Show

There's a fair amount of Korean fantasy art, mostly connected with MMORPS. A lot of it, like the Chinese stuff, is possibly a bit fanservicey for the taste of this forum. I wouldn't say a lot of it specifically screams "Korea!" either.
    It was more asking why China and Japan are so represented in fantasy settings like Pathfinder's Tian Xia, Legend of the Five Rings, but there doesn't seem to be any overtly Korean fantasy counterpart cultures. After all, samurai, shogunates, and shaolin monks are already staples of DnD. Why not add a land with mudang, yangban, and Amhaeng-eosa?
    Spoiler: Or at least more hanbok would be nice
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Just out of curiousity, would you say that Dutch-inspired fantasy art is under-represented in fantasy art of non-Dutch origin and could you differentiate between fantasized depictions of English, Dutch, and French cultures?
    Western European fashions tend to differ only by their time of adoption, so most are interchangeable. I wouldn't say that of East Asian cultures.
    Spoiler: Needs more neck ruffs.
    Show

And giving further examples of under-representation does nothing to excuse it.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It was more asking why China and Japan are so represented in fantasy settings like Pathfinder's Tian Xia, Legend of the Five Rings, but there doesn't seem to be any overtly Korean fantasy counterpart cultures. After all, samurai, shogunates, and shaolin monks are already staples of DnD. Why not add a land with mudang, yangban, and Amhaeng-eosa?
    Spoiler: Or at least more hanbok would be nice
    Show

Western European fashions tend to differ only by their time of adoption, so most are interchangeable. I wouldn't say that of East Asian cultures.
    Spoiler: Needs more neck ruffs.
    Show

Its probably because Samurai, Shogunates and Shaolin monks are all concepts that resonate well with western mythologies. I don't mean this in a negative way, but a lot of Asian mythologies can get pretty wild or downright esoteric from a western perspective, so it isn't entirely surprising that the western people who made D&D worked with what they knew and understood rather than trying and failing to properly integrate the myths and cultures they had a hard time getting.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2015-09-25 at 05:28 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

26. - Top - End - #206

Because there's no real reason for anyone to care? Fantasy artists aren't under any obligation to paint fashions on the basis of what country they originate from.

Korea, love the place, spent five years there. But it really does have the attitude of "We're the best anyway, and what we do is by definition the best. So why care about anyplace else or what anywhere else does?"

So Korean television remains full of vaguely disturbing historical tragicomedies about women getting tortured and raped, my students in Pagu and Songpagu were all huge fans of Rozen Maiden, Evangelion, and SD Gundam, and the westerners prefer to watch the Chinese and Japanese stuff instead.

Korea is just one country. Just as every other country is just one country. No one has to be "excused" for painting something that doesn't have a Korean theme.

27. - Top - End - #207

Roguelikes

Spoiler
    Show

Fighterlikes

Spoiler
    Show

Casterlikes

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

As compared to other Asian cultures, or in general?
    Because I'd say stuff with like a Ukrainian inspiration are probably even less represented.

Also, are we including fantasy art by other asians, or just westerners?

Then we do have to properly define "adequately represented" and "under represented" Is it a factor of population, of media output to the west, or what?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

That's so not true I wonder if you're actually familiar with the various forms of European traditional dress.
    Last edited by hewholikespie; 2015-09-25 at 11:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, I was hoping to find two pictures. The first being a picture for a Viking Shocktrooper from a frost giant bloodline. I already found one picture similar to what I was looking for, and anything similar is welcome

Needed
    -white hair
    -pale completion
    -viking/barbarian

Optional
    -frost giant blooded
    -two-handed weapon user
    -heavier armor

This picture begin the one that is almost what I'm looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

the Second being a bit tricky. I friend of mine is looking for a picture to define one of characters,
    that character being an androgynous poncho wearing two weapon swordsman. He still hasn't decided on his characters gender (he is leaning towards female) and so its been mystery in game.

Needed
    -androgynous
    -poncho
    -grim colors

Optional
    -impossible to guess gender
    -dual kukris or similar weapons
    -murderous feel

Some Tax
    Spoiler
    Show

Samurai Girl