New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 3: Uh... can we get a mulligan?

[Felandria's House Temp Vigil HQ]

"I will try to provide what I can as well." Cessie adds. "The adamantium in the keep could be of great use for VIGIL. We just need someone who can build things out of it. Perhaps it could be of help reinforcing whatever new base you have planned?"

[Felandria's House Temp Vigil HQ - Door]

"That would be me actually. I am Cessie Mithar, one of the co-leaders of VIGIL." She introduces herself as she holds out her hand to accept the letter. "Who sent you?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"It might. See, my idea was a mobile base," Wenomir says. "Flying, or floating. It came up when I was discussing with some of our allies, a group of wizards calling themselves the Stormguard. Returning to a base just like the old one might not be the wisest thing, given what happened. Multiple bases were suggested, but I don't think we could maintain something like that. So... why not have one base that moves us around?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"I will try to provide what I can as well." Cessie adds. "The adamantium in the keep could be of great use for VIGIL. We just need someone who can build things out of it. Perhaps it could be of help reinforcing whatever new base you have planned?"

"That would be me actually. I am Cessie Mithar, one of the co-leaders of VIGIL." She introduces herself as she holds out her hand to accept the letter. "Who sent you?"

The man gives her the letter, then takes out a note to write date, time and name of the handover on it.
    "Senior Arkant from Arkant Cooperation." he replies. "I will wait here." he ads and smiles.
    (Color changed for reading)
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #34

That name meant nothing to her so she proceeds to simply open the letter right there and read it.

Cessie strokes her chin. Now that would be something. "Reminds me of the skyships Hestopia have, not that we could have any of those. It's maintenance costs would probably be higher than the old base however, unless we manage to get a ship that doesn't require fuel." She pauses, considering. "In theory... I might be able to build one but it would require enormous resources and take a while. Would need help of Arik as well, not to mention all the residue we'd need." She looks at Wenomir. "But perhaps you already have an idea how to get a ship like that? It would have to be huge though."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't really have specific ideas," Wenomir says. "Building one would be very costly and take a lot of time, but we'd be able to tailor it to our needs. Finding an existing flying vessel might be cheaper and quicker, but whatever we find might not be optimal. I think it's worth a try, though. It'd come with a lot of advantages, don't you think?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #36

"It has advantages, but also disadvantages. If we're going to do this, we better address them and deal with them the best way possible. For instance, accessibility might be a big one." Cessie replies.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, it is," Wenomir says. "We need to be able to get into the base and out of it. People need to be able to contact us, too. I figure teleportation or smaller aircraft could be the answer. Also, we'd need to resupply and refuel regularly, so people could meet us while we do that."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Training Room

The Flaming Knight shakes Ray's hand with a nod. Though he appears to be made of fire, he doesn't seem too hot, though that has to do with the flames receding a bit before he attempted to shake the other man.

"Aye, 'tis a pleasure, as well. Thou art new to this order as well?"
    OOC: Sorry I'm so late, went out on vacation and just came back last night. Meant to tell you guys but It unfortunately slipped my mind.

The Portal's face goes very pale while he shakes The Knight's hand, eyeing the flames nervously. He'd been so busy taking in the sites, that he hadn't even noticed his firey appearance until now! He relaxes a little when he sees them recede, but it's clear he does not feel comfortable at all around fire. "Uh yes I am new to the order, new to The Nexus actually" replies The Portal, desperately trying to forget the fact that the man he is shaking hands with is covered in flames. "Are you?"
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2015-08-09 at 04:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Cessie shakes her head. "Even if we land occasionally at the same location, there is still going to be a problem. Teleportation, as it expensive as it might be, is probably going to be the best alternative to get people to visit. But that raises the question, where is the telepotation pad going to be? It would cost a lot of money setting up this as well. The alternative would be to simply have some sort of telephone number, which in retrospect would be a lot simpler and cheaper."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"It certainly would be easier if people didn't have to come in person when they need something," Wenomir says. "Of course, members would still need an easy way to come and go from the base. So there's no avoiding that problem, but there's only so much we can come up with now. What else is there?"

11. - Top - End - #41

That name meant nothing to her so she proceeds to simply open the letter right there and read it.

Cessie strokes her chin. Now that would be something. "Reminds me of the skyships Hestopia have, not that we could have any of those. It's maintenance costs would probably be higher than the old base however, unless we manage to get a ship that doesn't require fuel." She pauses, considering. "In theory... I might be able to build one but it would require enormous resources and take a while. Would need help of Arik as well, not to mention all the residue we'd need." She looks at Wenomir. "But perhaps you already have an idea how to get a ship like that? It would have to be huge though."

Maybe she has read the Wall advertise.^^

The letter looks like a personal letter all hand writen.

"Dear Vigil Leadership,

words have reached me that your Organisation has been attacked and that as an outcome of the attack your base is gone.
    It's not a secret that you can need any help possible. I have recently opened business here in the Nexus so I got the resources to assist your Organisation.
    To discuss what I can offer your Organisation I would like to invite you to my office at Arkants Coperation in Mallside.
    Please tell the messenger your reply. he can lead you to me.

best regards ArkantDel Gadis"

12. - Top - End - #42

Cessie has not read it. She just returned to the nexus after all so she have completely missed any wall advertisements.
    She looks down at the letter and reads through it carefully twice. Then she looks up at the messenger. "I'd like to discuss this with my co-leader before I make any decisions, could you simply give me Arkants contact information?"

"There are more things to consider, such as if would we actually stay up in the air all the time? Flying commonly requires fuel of some sort and keeping the base in the air all the time except the instances we refuel would be costly. The alternative would be to keep the base on the ground until we needed to fly anywhere but then we'd have to ask ourselves what would require us to move the base and if we'd be willing to risk flying into combat with it. Not to mention if we stayed on the ground most of the time, it wouldn't be that much different from our old base, except less easy to defend." Cessie argues.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

[VIGIL Base Ruins]

The extradimensional rifts torn open by various Evolution Industries MACE-tech overloads are still very poorly understood, they and all weaponry related to them being used as blunt, poorly understood instruments of destruction when deliberately caused. To date, only two have proven stable enough to remain, the one formed during a Union military operation, and the one formed when DC's armor detonated over VIGIL. The former no longer exists, having been moved to an experimental EI facility to act as a power source and then being destabilized as part of a colossal detonation meant to take out a very hard to kill entity. Didn't even work, either.

That one could only be used since a force friendly to EI was in control of the area. This one, not so much. EI would never be allowed to remain active in this area, nor does it collectively wish to spend forces fighting off demons when it, as far as most within it know, lacks its main trump card.

That trump card, who happens to be EI's former overt boss and current shadow executive, knows this. There is only one thing left to do: destroy the rift and everything around it, and perhaps gather some useful scientific data in the process. And also confuse the **** out of everyone.

The means by which he does it are deceptively small. Several missiles, no larger than those you'd get out of a personal missile launcher designed for a human, fly toward the rift from way too far away for something that looks like it can't have much of a fuel supply. Then again, with tech involved, that doesn't really matter, nor is it really a question is going to ask, because he bolted some basic cloaking devices to the things, though they're still quite loud, befitting missiles. Guided along by psy-control circuitry and the unliving will of a dead psychic, the missiles have one destination in mind: the rift.

When they reach it, they detonate in a shower of similar overloads to the one that created it. Though individually smaller, each is augmented by the amplifier material provided to him postmortem, and the combined barrage would probably rip another rift open on its own, least of all when fired into an existing one.

The rift distorts further and swells, the chaotic, shifting extradimensional gateway at its core growing to a size you could probably drive a sizeable vehicle through, if it wasn't in the sky. The air around it crackles with power as it absorbs and draws in even more energy, and that power swirls around it in a deadly sphere of concentrated magical havoc. Eventually, that energy proves too much for it to contain, or even get rid of with its usual chaos-radiation emissions, and it lances off like lightning into the environment around it. Bolts of pure chaos strike the surrounding area like something out of a true apocalypse, flash-boiling parts of the lake and leaving inexplicable frozen chunks in others, and blasting the lakebed beneath apart in several places. The land nearby is not spared, rock shattering and even melting under the chaotic assault, entirely likely destroying anything left of the VIGIL base that once stood here.

Ultimately, all that power will be spent, and the destabilized rift will dissipate and collapse, as most such rifts do. It will have left great destruction behind, though, and anything left probably won't be safe to be around for a very long time, considering the radiation accompanying it all.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground

Fel's Home - Temp VIGIL HQ

Marcus stores all the food and gear in their allotted places. It took him a little while, but now the members of Vigil were far better armed, and they would not have to rely solely on Felandria's charity.

With nothing requiring his attention, the Praetorian decides to train. After all, he hasn't been called to fight since losing the arm. It's likely that he has suffered a major loss in ability.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir nods as Cessie speaks.

"That is true. We'd have to find a way to make sure it can say in the air for extended periods without burning a lot of expensive fuel. Not an area of expertise for either of us, I imagine. The Nexus is the Nexus, though, so 'impossible' doesn't really enter the equation." He sighs and blinks, his voice cracking for a moment. "If Kr wasn't dead or worse, I'm sure she'd have a lot of ideas for it. As it is, there should be others who specialize in those matters. The Nexus has no shortage of giant flying things."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-08-10 at 06:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Cessie doesn't comment KR's death. There was no use discussing that right now without any clear information about her whereabouts or current status. Instead she nods. "One example would be the Hestopian airships. If I had the resources to construct a ship of the size we need, it wouldn't require fuel to fly. But speaking of my contributions, I have done research into the black blood that is found in all these demons. Not enough to lead to anything conclusive as until now it hardly has been a priority but I have confirmed, beyond it's transmutative properties that it reacts to aether, or in layman's terms, fey essence."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you think you could come up with a way to resist or reverse its effects?" Wenomir asks. "Dragon bones tend to be in short supply."

18. - Top - End - #48

Cessie shakes her head. "I don't know. It's particularly difficult to study as it seems to be able to animate on it's own, to move unlike any other liquid. But as I said, fey essence might be a key to understanding it. The problem is that I'm running out of the demon blood to study and I'm not sure how to get any more."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"Which is problematic, given that they tend to evaporate once killed," Wenomir says, shaking his head. "Some of their blood stays behind sometimes, but not enough. We'd need some way to keep a demon's body intact."

20. - Top - End - #50

Cessie nods. "Yes, we apparently need to capture one of them and tap it for blood. I attempted to turn a lab rat as I was running out of blood in order to tap it for more. But instead of turning, it... exploded. Literally. Apparently it doesn't always turn out the way you want it to. I imagine capturing one of them might be difficult though."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir pinches the bridge of his nose as he tries to remember something. It's not a pleasant memory, and he likes what he's about to say even less.

"It might. But... as loath as I am to even suggest it, I think Jezebel might help us with that, too. She cured Decker when she was corrupted by those demons. You know, around the time they bombed her garden and tried to pin it on AMEN for some reason. I think she may have accomplished it without dragonbone. It wouldn't hurt to ask and it might point you in the right direction."

22. - Top - End - #52

Cessie raises an eyebrow. "Does she have a replenishable source though? If you don't know, I can ask her myself. I was planning to go there eventually to see how she's doing after the trip."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

"I have no idea, but she did it somehow, so she might be our one good lead," Wenomir says with a shrug. "I'm not sure if we should find another temporary base before we can build a flying one. This one is less than ideal, but packing up and leaving again... might not be worth the trouble. If nothing else, having a backup would be wise."

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Fel's Home - Temp VIGIL HQ

Marcus stores all the food and gear in their allotted places. It took him a little while, but now the members of Vigil were far better armed, and they would not have to rely solely on Felandria's charity.

With nothing requiring his attention, the Praetorian decides to train. After all, he hasn't been called to fight since losing the arm. It's likely that he has suffered a major loss in ability.
    Fel's Home - Temp VIGIL HQ - Training

Mia looks at him for a while. I guess it is noticable his lost was only a short while ago?

"If the loss of your arm isn't that long ago, you should at least use a replacement." she says.

Cessie has not read it. She just returned to the nexus after all so she have completely missed any wall advertisements.
    She looks down at the letter and reads through it carefully twice. Then she looks up at the messenger. "I'd like to discuss this with my co-leader before I make any decisions, could you simply give me Arkants contact information?"

"There are more things to consider, such as if would we actually stay up in the air all the time? Flying commonly requires fuel of some sort and keeping the base in the air all the time except the instances we refuel would be costly. The alternative would be to keep the base on the ground until we needed to fly anywhere but then we'd have to ask ourselves what would require us to move the base and if we'd be willing to risk flying into combat with it. Not to mention if we stayed on the ground most of the time, it wouldn't be that much different from our old base, except less easy to defend." Cessie argues.
    Fel's Home - Temp VIGIL HQ - Door

The man looks at Cessie.
    "Senior Arkant asked me to wait here. So if you only need an hour or two I can wait. His business phone is all time busy so it's best you tell me." he sais.
    "If you need longer I try to call him, but that may take some time. His business is new and calls come quick."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RyanKoopa View Post
    OOC: Sorry I'm so late, went out on vacation and just came back last night. Meant to tell you guys but It unfortunately slipped my mind.

The Portal's face goes very pale while he shakes The Knight's hand, eyeing the flames nervously. He'd been so busy taking in the sites, that he hadn't even noticed his firey appearance until now! He relaxes a little when he sees them recede, but it's clear he does not feel comfortable at all around fire. "Uh yes I am new to the order, new to The Nexus actually" replies The Portal, desperately trying to forget the fact that the man he is shaking hands with is covered in flames. "Are you?"

((It's alright! How was the vacation?))

The Flaming Knight doesn't seem to notice The Portal's hesitancy and keps speaking, both hands now clasped around The Portal's. "Aye, as am I. Landed in a queer forest of treats, and arrived here post haste. Ahah! Thou handshake is firm! I like it!"

26. - Top - End - #56

"I can always mention it to Jezebel, see if she had any ideas. Our other members might too if we ask around. In any case, if you could capture an actual live demon it would be a great step forward in my research." Cessie says as she starts getting up from her chair. "You should inform the others if you can. These things are supposed to be all over the nexus right?"

"I hadn't actually planned in a meeting today." Cessie replies. "You're saying he only can meet today?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post

((It's alright! How was the vacation?))

The Flaming Knight doesn't seem to notice The Portal's hesitancy and keeps speaking, both hands now clasped around The Portal's. "Aye, as am I. Landed in a queer forest of treats, and arrived here post haste. Ahah! Thou handshake is firm! I like it!"
    OOC: Was very good, thank you for asking!

"Yes, firm" says The Portal, he is still noticably uncomfortable and gritting his teeth into what he hoped looked something like a smile. Once the handshake is over, The Portal backs up a few feet and sighs audibly. He places his hand over his chin, apparently deep in thought. "Now what do we do?" he asks, more to himself than to his Shakesperian sounding acquaintance, "that Wen guy said we're free to look for other potential threats, but I don't even know where I'd begin to look."
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2015-08-12 at 08:32 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

"I can always mention it to Jezebel, see if she had any ideas. Our other members might too if we ask around. In any case, if you could capture an actual live demon it would be a great step forward in my research." Cessie says as she starts getting up from her chair. "You should inform the others if you can. These things are supposed to be all over the nexus right?"

"I hadn't actually planned in a meeting today." Cessie replies. "You're saying he only can meet today?"

"Oh, nonono. He sure finds time for you. He prepared things to meet you today. I just need to call so he knows when you will come."
    the man replies.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post

[Fel's Home - Temp VIGIL HQ]

Marcus ought to soon hear his phone go off as he trains. The caller ID will read: Runeheart.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

"They're not secretive, that's for sure," Wenomir says. "I think I'll withdraw some of the money from my shares and buy us some silver weapons. We'll need them. I'm using replacements now, since my personal weaponry was lost in the attack. I have no idea where I'll find a new personal weapon."