New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 3: Uh... can we get a mulligan?

Vigil Skybase

"How rude." grumbles the kobold, who barks a syllable in draconic and causes his rune to fade out of existence, replaced instead by a larger one directly over his head, in the beast's path. Unlike the first, this one is quite solid (despite looking very similar to the first one), as the fox will find out if he can't change course very quickly and runs right into it. It would probably be rather painful.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #812
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Vigil Skybase

"How rude." grumbles the kobold, who barks a syllable in draconic and causes his rune to fade out of existence, replaced instead by a larger one directly over his head, in the beast's path. Unlike the first, this one is quite solid (despite looking very similar to the first one), as the fox will find out if he can't change course very quickly and runs right into it. It would probably be rather painful.
    The only reaction the fox makes is to reach out a paw and quite casually slash the rune to ribbons, seemingly without touching it. In actuality, Anika would be able to tell the kobold that this fox-spirit had incredibly sharp, apparently magical claws that could rend stone and spell as easily as flesh.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vigil Skybase

If the eagle could speak maybe. But a beak can't actually form words and she isn't going to take on her true form in mid-air. That'd be stupid. Still, easy to cut down or not, the runes buy the eagle just enough time to land in the base. No matter how strong that thing was, she was pretty certain it couldn't touch her here. It will nearly crash land at the side of the football field as it changes shape into a panther before sprinting away.

It wasn't going to stop running just since it had landed, she had to be sure it couldn't follow her first.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Vigil Skybase

"I haven't been this ignored since Livret's tirades on adventurers." the kobold grumbles, and makes a low bowing motion with his arms while flying on his wings after them as quickly as he can to remain in spell reach.
    Runes appear above the creature, and it might find a rather powerful force pushing it down against the ground instead of the direction it's attempting to leap.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vigil Skybase

"I haven't been this ignored since Livret's tirades on adventurers." the kobold grumbles, and makes a low bowing motion with his arms while flying on his wings after them as quickly as he can to remain in spell reach.
    Runes appear above the creature, and it might find a rather powerful force pushing it down against the ground instead of the direction it's attempting to leap.
    The fox whuffs as it is shoved down towards the ground, landing flat on it's belly with a yelp of pain, momentarily stunned by the impact, and not in much condition to stand and chase the eagle again.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vigil Skybase]

Well, that's one way to end a game. The players watch in alarm as the panther lands among them, then begin to disperse, gathering up their shirts and picking up the ball before heading swiftly home. Can't expect mere NPCs like them to handle this sort of thing. That's what the Player Characters are for!

Speaking of, there's one approaching now, drawn by the commotion of the arriving creature. Kalya runs up to the commotion in confusion at the panther, though she doesn't exactly go chasing off in pursuit just yet as it runs off. She unclasps a satchel at her side, looking around at the sky to see where the hell the animal came from, and if there's anything else coming.
    "Hey, what's going on?"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-08-15 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #817

[Vigil Skybase]

The panther stops for a moment and looks skywards. No signs of the beast, had she escaped? Her heart was still beating like crazy but as she allows herself a moment of pause, she slowly become aware of the world around her again. Where exactly had she ended up? She knew it was VIGIL, but she hadn't exactly expected there to be a football field over here...

As she sees the woman approaching, hearing her ask a rather obvious question, she feels like she needed to explain the situation, perhaps she could avoid more trouble that way.

Kalya will see the panther stopping and slowly starting to move towards her when it slowly transforms into a stark naked purple skinned elf. "That- that was the worst date in my life." The naked elf explains, still panting from the chase.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Vigil Skybase

Spako isn't sure if the gravity runes will be enough to hold the creature, so he tries something else, using another spell to turn some of the dirt underneath it into sticky quicksand. Not very deep, mind you. Just enough to get its paws all gunked up and slow down its progress escaping if it tries.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vigil Skybase

Spako isn't sure if the gravity runes will be enough to hold the creature, so he tries something else, using another spell to turn some of the dirt underneath it into sticky quicksand. Not very deep, mind you. Just enough to get its paws all gunked up and slow down its progress escaping if it tries.
    The fox bellowed mournfully, well and truly trapped for now, trying to pull its feet free, but unable to do so between the quicksand and the gravity crushing him against the floor.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vigil Skybase]

Kalya's definitely more than a little surprised at the sudden nudity. She herself is dressed rather conservatively, in a bright blue silk jacket that reaches up to her throat, as well as wide long skirt belted around her waist. "Uh, I've been there. I think." She says, half in commiseration, half still in mild surprise. She's no stranger to terrible dates, though admittedly, none of them have ever been so bad that she needed to turn into an animal and literally fly away from it. Her sense eventually overrides her surprise though, and she reaches into her satchel to pull out an object. At first glance, it'd appear to be a mirror - made out of mahogany wood and crudely decorated with bits of shell and seaglass - though the bronze face seems dull and scratched enough to be basically useless for its most obvious purpose. "Let's get inside, in case you're still being followed." She says, her tone suddenly serious. "There's safe buildings in the village."

She'll attempt to lead the stranger up the slope towards the buildings standing away from the lake, though keeping an eye on her and a hand firmly gripping her mirror.

11. - Top - End - #821

[Vigil Skybase]

The elf peers curiously at the mirror but doesn't comment on it, she had more important things to deal with right now. "Are there clothes I could borrow there, by any chance? I had to leave mine behind." Not that she appears that embarrassed about her nudity, but clothes were still nice to have.
    She will otherwise follow Kayla's directions, scanning the skies in case Genji would suddenly show up again.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Vigil Skybase

Spako trots casually over to the beast, though he remains a safe distance away.
    "I suggest if you've got a brain in there you start using it and explaining yourself, because if you're a dumb beast I'm just going to put a bolt through your eye." he says earnestly.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Of course." Says Kalya. She'll bring the elf into one of the residences, leading her to a single room. The room is moderately decorated with a couple of silk hangings and a vase full of summer flowers sitting on the boudoir. Kalya places the mirror next to the vase and opens a closet, pulling out a cotton jacket similar to her own, in dark green, and then a pair of wide trousers.

"Um, actually, these will be pretty small on you. I think we can find someone who'll have clothes closer to your size, though." Yay for half-giantesses?

Indeed, while Kalya is possibly similar enough to the night elf in build, they're nowhere near close in height and size, and while the trousers may fit just fine, though ending just short of halfway down her shins, the jacket will be uncomfortably tights and difficult to close, while barely coming down to over her navel.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-08-16 at 11:04 AM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vigil Skybase

Spako trots casually over to the beast, though he remains a safe distance away.
    "I suggest if you've got a brain in there you start using it and explaining yourself, because if you're a dumb beast I'm just going to put a bolt through your eye." he says earnestly.
    The fox rumbled a growl, but seemed more sad than irritated somehow, tails laying limp on the ground. Spako could tell from the way it's ears swiveled that it could hear him, and understand him even, but the fox didn't appear particularly capable of speech at the moment, at least, not as Spako knew it. 'Cuz foxes don't have the vocal chords for human speech, ;p

15. - Top - End - #825

[VIGIL Skybase]

The night elf follows Kalya and can pretty quickly make the same assessment about the clothes she's picking out for her. Human clothes had never quite fit her, especially not the female variant.
    She awkwardly holds the too-small clothes the necromancer is handing her against her chest. "Uh, yeah. That'd be great. I really like to thank you for this though, this must be nearly as awkward for you as it is for me. It's just that I wasn't sure I'd come out of this alive a moment ago and now... I'm standing around naked picking out clothes." She makes a small shrug. "Kinda funny in a way, isn't it?"

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Vigil Skybase

Spako rolls his eyes.
    "I'm not qualified to interpret growls. Either way, your 'friend' is under our protection now, and further action against her would bring down this whole base down on you. So I'm gonna see if anyone wants to try their hand at interpreter, and if not I'll come back to see if you've calmed down enough to be cut loose." the kobold says with a shrug, and heads off.
    [anyone wanting to come and help at this time is welcome to do so.]

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [VIGIL Skybase]

The night elf follows Kalya and can pretty quickly make the same assessment about the clothes she's picking out for her. Human clothes had never quite fit her, especially not the female variant.
    She awkwardly holds the too-small clothes the necromancer is handing her against her chest. "Uh, yeah. That'd be great. I really like to thank you for this though, this must be nearly as awkward for you as it is for me. It's just that I wasn't sure I'd come out of this alive a moment ago and now... I'm standing around naked picking out clothes." She makes a small shrug. "Kinda funny in a way, isn't it?"
    [VIGIL Skybase]

Kalya's eyes widen. "Uh... not really?" She says. "You thought you were going to die! That's not awkward, that's awful!"

Three guesses as to who the filthy casul normal person in the conversation is.

18. - Top - End - #828

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Well... I'm used to it at this point. It's what you call gallows humor, right?" The druid says with a awkward smile. "I've had my fair share. So it might just be getting to my head a bit." She couldn't help but feel very awkward at Kalya's reaction considering how much it contrasted with her own. Had she really gone that far? Adventuring took it's toll, they said...

Quote Originally Posted by deleteman900 View Post
    The fox rumbled a growl, but seemed more sad than irritated somehow, tails laying limp on the ground. Spako could tell from the way it's ears swiveled that it could hear him, and understand him even, but the fox didn't appear particularly capable of speech at the moment, at least, not as Spako knew it. 'Cuz foxes don't have the vocal chords for human speech, ;p
    Vigil Skybase

Spako rolls his eyes.
    "I'm not qualified to interpret growls. Either way, your 'friend' is under our protection now, and further action against her would bring down this whole base down on you. So I'm gonna see if anyone wants to try their hand at interpreter, and if not I'll come back to see if you've calmed down enough to be cut loose." the kobold says with a shrug, and heads off.
    [anyone wanting to come and help at this time is welcome to do so.]
    [Underneath the Skybase]

Just as Spako leaves a brown-haired woman, dressed in safari-clothes, materializes near the trapped beast. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Look at that. How sad, he couldn't even catch a bird." She teases as she starts circling around the beast. "You're Genji, right? Nice to meet ya, I'm Libra. The most powerful being in the nexus." She nods. "You must be the most angry being in the nexus though. Like, that was pretty insane, that thing you did."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-08-16 at 09:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Dwarf in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Well... I'm used to it at this point. It's what you call gallows humor, right?" The druid says with a awkward smile. "I've had my fair share. So it might just be getting to my head a bit." She couldn't help but feel very awkward at Kalya's reaction considering how much it contrasted with her own. Had she really gone that far? Adventuring took it's toll, they said...

[Underneath the Skybase]

Just as Spako leaves a brown-haired woman, dressed in safari-clothes, materializes near the trapped beast. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Look at that. How sad, he couldn't even catch a bird." She teases as she starts circling around the beast. "You're Genji, right? Nice to meet ya, I'm Libra. The most powerful being in the nexus." She nods. "You must be the most angry being in the nexus though. Like, that was pretty insane, that thing you did."
    Genji growled, " 'dun wanna talk about it..." he couldn't exactly move much, still being stuck in the quicksand. He was certainly more grumpy than mad at this point, but at least he was talking now...
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2016-08-16 at 09:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830

[Underneath the Skybase]

"Oh, so you want to be left in quicksand for the rest of your life? I mean, you're obviously a danger to other people now, once they hear what you did. What if you go crazy again, huh? Just starting to turn into a huge monster every time you're annoyed. That'd be terrible! No one would ever want to be your friend, or sex-person!" She pauses. "But! I'm the person that could potentially fix all your problems! That is to say, if the way to fix them is interesting enough." She kneels down before Genji, smirking at him. "So let me hear you sing it out, what can I help ya with?"

21. - Top - End - #831
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Underneath the Skybase]

"Oh, so you want to be left in quicksand for the rest of your life? I mean, you're obviously a danger to other people now, once they hear what you did. What if you go crazy again, huh? Just starting to turn into a huge monster every time you're annoyed. That'd be terrible! No one would ever want to be your friend, or sex-person!" She pauses. "But! I'm the person that could potentially fix all your problems! That is to say, if the way to fix them is interesting enough." She kneels down before Genji, smirking at him. "So let me hear you sing it out, what can I help ya with?"
    Genji turns to face away as much as he can, which honestly isn't much more than a hair's breadth given how trapped he was, "Hnn, I don't know, what CAN you do to help?" the challenge in his tone is unmistakeable, the hurt too fresh to properly put into words.

22. - Top - End - #832

[Underneath the Skybase]

Libra pokes Genji on the forehead. "Anything that little peabrain of yours can imagine, and quite a few things that it can't. I can shape reality at a whim, changing people and places utterly without anyone even noticing! I once made a alternative version of the nexus where everyone had huuuge boobs at the request of an old friend of mine. It was hilarious!" Libra giggles. "And before that I made a whole bunch of VIGIL members duke it out against their opposites in a huge arena. But that was old Libra though. I've become a better person now." Totally.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-08-17 at 11:26 AM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"I suppose..." Says Kalya. "Uh, if you want to stay here while I look for better clothes, that's alright." She says. Felandria lives in a different castle house, so it might take a while for Kalya to track her down.

[A More Different VIGIL Skybase]

On an evening where she isn't being confused by naked night elves, Kalya comes up the path to the Commanders' Village, knocking on Wenomir's door. She's dressed somewhat formally tonight - a high-necked blouse in dark blue with silver flower-patterned embroidery, and narrow white skirt. An ivory-colored pin the the shape of the VIGIL logo adorns her breast.

Hopefully she isn't interrupting anything.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-08-17 at 12:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

As Wenomir opens the door, Kalya will see that he's got working clothes on him, stained with what looks like grease. He nods to her.

"Kalya. Can I help you with something?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #835

[VIGIL Skybase]

The druid nods. "That'd be great, thanks again. But, ah, before you leave, what was your name? I seems to have forgotten to do a proper introduction in all this commotion. I'm Anika Sunfletcher." She quickly introduces herself.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Underneath the Skybase]

Libra pokes Genji on the forehead. "Anything that little peabrain of yours can imagine, and quite a few things that it can't. I can shape reality at a whim, changing people and places utterly without anyone even noticing! I once made a alternative version of the nexus where everyone had huuuge boobs at the request of an old friend of mine. It was hilarious!" Libra giggles. "And before that I made a whole bunch of VIGIL members duke it out against their opposites in a huge arena. But that was old Libra though. I've become a better person now." Totally.
    Genji tries to imagine that for just a moment before shaking his head and focusing back on what she'd asked, "I don't know that there's even anything TO fix. I uhh... got involved with something with expectations that the other party didn't share, and it led to a whole lot of confusion and hurt feelings, at least for me. She's probably already forgotten about it..." He mutters the last sentence, so it's questionable if Libra even heard it.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase - Wenomir's House]

"Well, I was reading some news." Says Kalya. That's probably a red flag for Wenomir. What good could ever come out of reading the news? D:

"The ballots are locked in for the Eastside mayoral election. It's an... interesting crowd, but from what I've seen from some outlets is that there might be some problems for the election running smoothly. The current administration seems to have some issues of corruption, and one of the candidates is an AMENite. Do you think there's value in Vigil showing that we're committed to helping this election run smoothly and peacefully?

[VIGIL Skybase - Upper Village]

"My name is Kalya." Says the other woman, replying in kind. Once introductions are over with, she'll excuse herself, and then start looking for Felandria.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir rubs his chin.

"An interesting idea. Riverside is a volatile place, and the democracy of Eastside is an idea worth protecting. There's a lot of people around who'd like to subvert it for their purposes, or remove it. I think we could make it work."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

"Perhaps we can host a debate? It would position us as an objective party - especially if we can get other organizations to support us. A 'fifth estate', if you will."

One wonders how much political theory Wenomir has entrenched himself in over the course of his life.

30. - Top - End - #840

[Underneath the Skybase]

"Yeah, I saw. It was pretty sad. Not sure even I could fix that unless I start mindraping people or alter-reality. But that wouldn't be very nice would it?" Libra asks with a grin. "So I guess two options remain for you, either you look for some other gal, or you somehow try to mend what you wrought. But I sure don't know how you'd do that. So you gotta give me some ideas here, how do you want help? Do you me to find hot gals for you to date, or maybe turn you more desirable for 'em, or... something? Speak to me. Not everyone get this chance."