New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

Concourse

Five fingers is nice. It's much harder to make some gestures with fewer. Sam Bacon could tell you that.
    The lady shrugs, tail turning to smoke as she floats over beside the man.
    "Oh? You got something you want the world to agree with you on? That sounds like a wish to me." she says with a grin.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Concourse]

Which naturally makes six or more fingers even better?
    Cloud smiles back.
    "It would."
    "Now I used to be pretty big, and pretty strong, and a little bit crazy. Now I'm none of those things."
    "I'd like to have something, some capability of my own back, some power."

And here you see a difference between him and Alexis. And a similarity between him and the itinerant priest one rank up, as it happens.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

Now, normally things could be odd immediately, but Cloud didn't use the proper wording.
    "Okay, so you want to be big and strong again? Or were you thinking more metaphysical? Don't forget to say 'I wish!'" Pat tells him teasingly. She would not understand much of what the previous narrator means, though she can tell that he's a bit less selfless than Alexis.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-10-31 at 09:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #544

Default [Concourse]

"Metaphysical. It's not as though I'm out of shape, and 'big and strong' is way too likely to have some drawback."
    Cloud shakes his head.
    "I wish my powers and skills with this ring were better, and apart of me, not a, a loan, a reward."
    "Oh wait, is this a three wishes thing, or what?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

Pat winces, but Cloud's said the magic words. All the divine power of, what is he, inner circle of whatever church he's in? Pat's no expert but she can feel a god's energy. A fiery halo, and a ring for punching people? Pat snaps her fingers, and for a moment the colors of the world flicker and bend as energy both familiar and entirely alien flows into Cloud. And then he's himself again, only himself is not the same. His halo, held up from his own power. Tremendous skill with a punching ring, his own. A gamut of little divine spells and miracles, well, that's a part of him, too. Cloud's wished himself into a godling. And not a young underdeveloped one, either, since his powers are now stronger than before. He's not nearly on Message's level, though. He can't make clerics out of people, but perhaps he could empower one person as a Consort or Messenger if he felt very strongly about it. But a god needs his portfolios, does he not?

A fiery halo. Heat, fire, light? He'll have to find out for himself what it means exactly, but at least his halo makes for a good divine symbol. Though it might behave a bit oddly now that it's special. It might become even more unruly than merely slipping down like it has, alive like the snakes on the Caduceus. Perhaps it'll merely glow, or turn on its side and become his own little sun-disc. He might find himself with a preference for warm colors like red from now on.

His punching prowess might signal a portfolio in battle, war, protection, or victory, depending on his temperament. Once again, he'll have to discover and refine it himself. But a ring isn't a very good, visible symbol. He'll need something else. Perhaps something bigger like a gauntlet, or a weapon. Or a suitable animal symbol like Inari's foxes. Maybe take an animal aspect himself like Sobek. Cloud has a bit of experience on that sort of thing...Either way, his second symbol should come to him quickly, and it should feel very right to him.

There might be some other changes to his person, hair, clothes, or color scheme, but they will not be determined by this narrator (unless prompted). If, going forward, he's content with how he is, he might stay as he is indefinitely, essentially a somewhat stronger version of how he was minutes ago but with his own take on things. Perhaps he'll look to strengthen himself and get full godhood. For now, his most pressing concerns will likely be whatever happens to him as his new symbol arrives, explaining himself to his former patron, and the heavily panting djinni before him.

"Okay, yeah, this was a three wishes deal. That was definitely two at once, though. Sheesh. You don't go halfway, do you?" she says, already exhausted.

6. - Top - End - #546

Default [Concourse]

Oh my me. I'm not sure this was a good idea, Pat...

Transformation time! That costume just won't do as it is! As the colors switch back to normal, the lights close in around Cloud and switch everything around. The emblem on his pendant shifts, now showing a ...might not be the sun actually, it's pretty abstract, but something like that. The scapular turns a golden orange, and the trim on his outfit runs red. The fringe on his sleeves splits and extends and has lots of little rings tied at the ends now (his hair is decorated with them too), and his robe reshapes into a garment of several parts and distinct pant legs.

Cloud's still not going to be the first of the itinerant priests, they'll have to put him in a whole other box. Now, the Innermost circle just contains Yueh, Alexis, and the Charities. But he was right outside. And of course he's no god, not even a young, underdeveloped one like Message; no one believes in Cloud. He's perhaps where Leah was years and years ago, before AEGIS and Mist, halfway there. He might even be as strong as Erika, and as that occurs to him, the guy looks down at his ringed hand in wonderment.

"If you choose to do something, do it all the way." Huh. His voice is even a little bit different.

He puts out a hand to steady the poor tired djinni.

"Won't be needing the third one right away."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

It'll be fine, Message. Just keep him from getting a following and he won't even reach immortal status. He's not even half as crazy as Sobek. Though maybe Pat could use a course in thinking up more than one or two bad ways to grant a wish.
    "Yeah, well, if you decide you want it I'd ask you give it to someone else. I think you've gotten plenty. Don't burn anything down, please. " she says.
    And if all goes horribly, Alexis can use one of her remaining wishes to take his powers away. It'll work out.

8. - Top - End - #548

Default [Concourse]

Sobek wasn't a good idea either! But you're right, I'm sure we'll work it out.

"Do I look like the kind of guy who'd burn something down?"
    Well, yes. Anyone is capable of arson, Cloud.
    "I don't wanna know what a three-at-once wish is like. Say, you wanna get lunch? It seems like that really took it out of you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

Silly Message. A god born thousands of years ago in a primordial state isn't merely an idea.
    "Get lunch? I don't know, I ate a little while ago. Besides, there's no way a guy like you's single. You sure it won't make anyone jealous?" she teases.

10. - Top - End - #550

Default [Concourse]

Huh. Didn't suppose Pat would be into people with legs.
    "I suppose ya might make someone jealous, but if I'm in a relationship, nobody's told me about it. Traveling all the time doesn't lend itself to a steady thing."
    Cloud shrugs.
    "But if you're not hungry, no trouble.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "Right, um. Where are we going for that?" he asks the tiefling, looking about.
    "If my experience so far is of any indication, you can find just about anything here," Fayyaad says. "The downside is that it can be hard to find any specific thing. Why don't you tell me more about your girlfriend and her style?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Food Court

"Well, she likes to wear red, she's into technology and has a few cybernetic implants on her. She's blond. Oh, and she's human." Sam adds. He hopes Fayyaad didn't think his girlfriend was a big ugly pig-monster like him.

Concourse

Legs aren't important to Pat. Though she isn't really into Cloud; she teases everyone.
    "Probably not. I should go take a nap. Toodles!" she says, and flies off.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court ==> Fashion Section]

"Likes red, is into technology, has implants... we can work with that," Fayyaad says with confidence. "Maybe a humble, but tasteful red leather jacket. Does that sound like something she'd like?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam considers it. He takes out a tablet (though it's basically just a phone in his big hands), pulling up a photo of himself (wearing the exact same outfit, of course) with an attractive young lady with a metal arm and eye.
    "Do you think she could pull it off? I think she could pull it off. She definitely isn't picky from what I've seen."

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

Sam is one lucky guy, Fayyaad thinks when he sees his girlfriend. But he doesn't say that out loud.

"Yes, indeed. We could consider getting it with only one sleeve, so the metal one is exposed. I don't know how she feels about that, but it's an idea."

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

"I don't think she goes for that look. She mostly just needs zippers or something on the back for her metal tentacle things. They're behind her shoulder blades. Help with work apparently." the spigre explains.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

Fayyaad falls silent for a few moments. His tail swishes behind him.

"Metal... tentacle things? That's new. But given the number of people here who have wings, or spines on their backs, finding a jacket that accommodates them shouldn't be a problem."

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam raises an eyebrow at Fayyaad's long pause. What's up with him?
    "Yeah, that...should be fine, then. The only other problem is the price. Obviously getting stuff for her's a lot cheaper than shopping for myself, but I don't know if I can spring for fancy leather."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

"Then we should find something similar, but of a more affordable material," Fayyaad says, having regained his composure. "If my impression of your girlfriend is correct, though, it should be durable too."

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam considers this.
    "Yeah, probably. I have no idea what she gets into, but the fact that she likes the smell of ozone makes me think there's way too many things zapping." he muses. He's not sweating enough for that odd little feature to be apparent to normal noses.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

"So she's a... what do they call it, technician?" Fayyaad says. "I guessed as much, with the cybernetics." He leads the way into the section with clothes made to last. "This here is supposed to be burn-proof," he observes, pointing at a red cotton jacket.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam examines the item, tilting his head a bit as he stoops down to get a good look at it. Blasted human-sized displays.
    "Well it certainly seems fine. Do you think it looks good? I'm not really...well, you can see what I'm wearing. I'm not really fashionable myself."

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

"I was sort of avoiding mentioning that," Fayyaad admits. "Worry not, though, that's what I'm here for. I could give you a few pointers after we buy something for your girlfriend."

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam folds his lower hands over his chest self-consciously, pulling his vest closed with the other.
    "Coordinating colors is hard when you're suddenly blue. Besides, shirts and stuff mostly don't feel right. " he admits, though he's noticeably not making eye contact.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

Fayyaad waves his hand dismissively.

"Nothing a little ingenuity won't solve. With blue skin and red hair, I'm thinking your best bet is dark purple, or brown. That'll create a nice blend."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam looks down at his vest.
    "Purple, huh? I could give it a shot. Just have to ask for it at my tailor."
    Sam can't ever really buy something that's just lying around. Aren't many multi-armed people who are also huge.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

Fayyaad nods.

"Purple, yes. Or a similar shade. Dark and subdued. We don't want it to clash, do we? You've already got two vivid colours to you."

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam runs a hand over his rusty red mane.
    "Well it's just my head. I could wear a hat?" he suggests.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

"You could, but wearing a hat all the time sounds inconvenient," Fayyaad says. "Of course, maybe it's because I have horns."

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

"I guess. I've thought about trying one but I could never figure out what would look good. Fashion is hard..." he laments, hanging his head.