New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

[Bistro]

Sophie looks unsure of that.

"That's... an option. But I'm not sure how either of us would feel about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm not sure how it works between humans and tieflings... Trick doesn't like talking about it."

[Arcane Threads]

"Well, I don't wear them all the time," Fayyaad says. "So it's something new for me. And they do look quite dashing on the men I've seen them in. I'm willing to try them out."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Bistro]

Sophie looks unsure of that.

"That's... an option. But I'm not sure how either of us would feel about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm not sure how it works between humans and tieflings... Trick doesn't like talking about it."
    Bistro

Julie gestures dismissively, "Tieflings, for the most part, are just humans and humanoids with distance abyssal ancestry. If tieflings couldn't mate with humans, there wouldn't be any tieflings. Likewise for half-demons and devils and all their descendants. Now occasionally because of genetic quirks there will be a sterile tiefling or two in a bloodline, but that can be said for any race. Besides, I've gotten very good at making things like sterility go away when it comes to that." Julie and Eric were compatible, after all, even when they really shouldn't have been.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra grins, then nods, raising a hand to draw the attention of one of the shopkeepers.

"You should try a tuxedo. I think you'll look quite dashing in one."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

"Of course. Anyone can visit. Especially with a goblin," Iknika says. She rests her chin on her hands. "I've got to say, I've never met a... person with rabbit ears."
    [Dana's Place]

Claire laughs. "No? There's enough of us around, and that's just my family." It's very, very large. "I don't just have rabbit ears, though. I have a tail to match."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

[Bistro]

"That would make sense. People seem to hold an awful lot of prejudice towards Tieflings. It's a sore spot for Trick," Sophie says. "Thanks for the help, Julie, really. You've saved me from the fate of a crazy cat lady twice by now."

[Dana's Place]

Iknika almost asks if she can see the tail, but bites her tongue. That would sound really weird.

"I've seen rabbits, but not rabbit-people. There's so many different folks, though. My cousin has a cousin on the other side who's half-goblin, half-wolfen. So he's like a goblin with wolf ears, tail and stuff."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #786

[Arcane Threads]

One of the spider-people stops and focuses its eight eyed gaze on Electra. "How may I help you, madame?"

Dena gestures at Fayyaad. "Kid needs a tux."

Now the tiefling will suddenly have the nerubian staring at him. "Of course. Do you have any special color preferences? Or do you simply want it black? Grey is also quite popular."

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"Let's try black. I rarely wear this colour," Fayyaad says. He's still not sure how he feels about Dena calling him "kid".

8. - Top - End - #788

[Arcane Threads]

The nerubian nods. "As you wish." It skitters off on its eight legs and eventually returns gently carrying a number of tuxedo's warped in plastic.

It first shows them this. "Is this something that interests you? Or perhaps this?" It shows him another one.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-22 at 07:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #789

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

"I think you should try the second one, Fayyaad," Electra interjects, "The first is very traditional, but I'm not sure how traditional you want to be."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"Hmmm." Fayyaad examines the suits. "Yes, I think you're right. I'll try on this one. Wait a moment, ladies." He takes the second tuxedo and heads for the changing rooms.

11. - Top - End - #791

[Arcane Threads]

"I think they can tell size by just a look, I've never heard them asking for it." Dena remarks out loud once Fayyaad goes to the changing rooms, the shop-keeper skittering behind him, still holding onto all the tuxedos.
    "What was your robot idea anyway?"

12. - Top - End - #792

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

"Mostly a joke, though I guess I can be a bit of a tease," Electra admits with a wry grin, "I was going to try on one of those chrome bikinis, you know, the ones that look like chrome, but are really spandex or lycra, or whatever that stretchy stuff is? And then one of those headbands with the springy antennas. I kind of want to see what Fayyaad's reaction will be."

13. - Top - End - #793

[Arcane Threads]

Dena grins back. "Figured you might try something like that. I'm sure he'll be impressed, far too few people think "sexy" when they hear the word android, wouldn't you agree? You must enlighten the masses that androids aren't just humorless drones." To be fair, androids tend to be associated with more humanoid robots, as the name itself suggests.

14. - Top - End - #794

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra chuckles, nodding.

"Indeed, though I do want to see what he looks like in that tux before I make him blush." The grin returns, but there's a bit of a predatory edge to it.

15. - Top - End - #795

[Bistro]

"That would make sense. People seem to hold an awful lot of prejudice towards Tieflings. It's a sore spot for Trick," Sophie says. "Thanks for the help, Julie, really. You've saved me from the fate of a crazy cat lady twice by now."
    Bistro

Julie smiles genuinely, "Heck Sophie, that's what I'm here for after all. Besides, Trick sounds like she needs to open up a bit more to you, if you don't mind my opinion. Netherspawn discrimination only gets worse the closer you are to hell, and up here we all have it pretty nice these days."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Iknika almost asks if she can see the tail, but bites her tongue. That would sound really weird.

"I've seen rabbits, but not rabbit-people. There's so many different folks, though. My cousin has a cousin on the other side who's half-goblin, half-wolfen. So he's like a goblin with wolf ears, tail and stuff."
    [Dana's Place]

"Well it's Inside. That's just the way it is." Claire says, although she seems to realize her error. "Oh, but your colony's different maybe? I grew up here, so it doesn't surprise me. You should see my school. Barely any two people look alike."

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

Walking among the different shops is Alex, the half-minotaur. Covered in golden fur that matches her long hair, and with a pair of downward curving horns, she's a very large woman, in a number of ways - she stands over seven feet tall, her body is clearly quite powerful if the muscles are anything to go by, and her curves are by no means small either. Currently, she's wearing a denim pair of shorts and a breezy top with the logo for a milk and ice cream shop on it.

She's also looking around awkwardly, unsure of what to look at and get. She seems to have come for clothes shopping, given where she's looking, but is also decidedly awkward, and is clearly unused to being so "large" given the blushing that happens whenever she notices someone staring at her.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

18. - Top - End - #798

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Concourse]

Walking among the different shops is Alex, the half-minotaur. Covered in golden fur that matches her long hair, and with a pair of downward curving horns, she's a very large woman, in a number of ways - she stands over seven feet tall, her body is clearly quite powerful if the muscles are anything to go by, and her curves are by no means small either. Currently, she's wearing a denim pair of shorts and a breezy top with the logo for a milk and ice cream shop on it.

She's also looking around awkwardly, unsure of what to look at and get. She seems to have come for clothes shopping, given where she's looking, but is also decidedly awkward, and is clearly unused to being so "large" given the blushing that happens whenever she notices someone staring at her.
    Concourse

((Plotclone!))

Coming out of the bistro at an opportune time, Julie, the reformed succubus and professional if unemployed seamstress, immediately spies Alex and judges her for a few moments with a callous eye. She normally wouldn't do this, but with some free time opening up, she can't help but take on another project to keep her hands busy.

This one seems ripe for the pickings, and keeping someone out of those overpriced boutiques and retail stores should qualify as her good deed for the day, if giving Sophie some counseling hadn't already. She struts over with all the confidence Alex doesn't have, cutting a straight line through the crowds that peel away from what is obviously a woman who wouldn't stop for them or change course even if they were made of stone.

The fact that she barely notices a slow-moving gargoyle and winds up "inadvertently" rubbing up against him as she passes only proves the point.

"Oh my various, infernal and sadistic gods girl, who dressed you? Look at yourself, it's practically shameless. Shorts on a seven foot body, a top so thin I can count your hairs through it, and that logo? If this is the quality of post-mod clothing you get then it's a wonder people aren't praying instead of paying these days." The girl's got it written all over her, awkward movements not used to the limb length or muscle definition, a posture that can't quite adjust to its new assets, and her center of balance is all off. To Julie's trained eye, Alex is the epitome of awkward discomfort, and the succubus is on a rescue operation.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

Alex looks down at Julie (and down that top...) for a long moment, surprised, before turning her face to the side with a fierce blush, fidgeting in place, "Am I really that obvious? I didn't actually choose this outfit, for the record." she doesn't even have a bra! "The person who changed me gave it to me so that I could actually come out and get a new wardrobe without being naked."

She breathes out, embarrassment on her face that tells Julie she knows she's kind of screwed up. Alex evidently hasn't gotten that Julie is here to help, rather than giving her a (heh) dressing down.

20. - Top - End - #800

Concourse

Julie rolls her eyes and reaches up to pat the larger woman on her shoulder, still somewhat patronizing. Although this could be just a ploy, as she clearly caught the leer and, with a moment's thought and a bit of psionics, Alex sees a few buttons undo themselves just as the arm comes up, stretching the fabric of the blouse in interesting ways.

"That much was patently obvious, hun. Whoever did has no sense at all, or else they were playing a cruel joke on you. You need tailored clothes with a body like that, not cheap, off-the-shelf shirts and jean shorts that are going to pop their seams the first time you flex or bend over." Granted, the jeans don't look that threadbare, but Julie wants to play up the criticism for the sake of her services.

"Nothing from these boutiques is going to fit you for a reasonable price. You could go with magic self-fitting clothes, but you'd get barely one outfit before you're feeling the cost where it hurts." It may start to catch on to Alex that this isn't a reprimand, but rather a very aggressive sales pitch.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

It's at around this point that Alex's expression is beginning to shift from embarrassment (and a small bit of leering) to something closer to suspicion, "And I take it you have ideas on how to fix that particular problem," not a question, but a statement. It seems Alex has caught on to this succubus's shenaniganry. She shifts a bit uncomfortably, folding her arms together and one of her hooves clicks on the tiles of the concourse.

22. - Top - End - #802

Concourse

Julie pulls back, her smile never leaving her face as she raises her arms and twirls artfully in place, showing herself off, "Of course I do. Nothing you see on me has a label on it, I make every stitch of it myself. But because of a bit of extended maternity leave courtesy of my husband I haven't done any paid work in ages. Normally, I would be out of your price range, but I can't help feeling sorry for someone so obviously underserved, and unlike a boutique I'm willing to keep your budget in mind when it comes to material choices." She waits a moment to see Alex's reaction before she sweetens the deal.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

Skepticism (And a bit more strongly moderated leering) are present, "This sounds a bit too good to be true. As soon as I need it, a magical seamstress comes out of nowhere and offers to make a high wuality wardrobe within my budget? There has to be a catch."

24. - Top - End - #804

Concourse

Julie allows herself a light "pshaw" before answering, "The catch is I'll make your first outfit at cost, just the cost of the materials mind you, if you don't bother me too much about style. You've got a fantastic body and if you want to feel confident in it then it needs to be displayed correctly. The catch is that it was so obvious that you were in dire need that I saw it immediately from my favorite bistro, halfway across a crowded concourse. The catch is that I'm with the Good League of Good and we don't need hidden catches to do good things for people in need. And if all that won't convince you, call it an investment. If you like my clothes, then the next time you're shopping for them you're far less likely to just go to the mall for whatever fits, right?" Of course she's right, she's Julie, "You'll take the Riftline over to GLoG, I'll make money doing something I do all the time for my family anyway, and you'll have come away with more clothes at less of a markup than you'd ever get here."

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

"Ah, so getting customers and spreading your business. Fair enough." Alex bites her lip and looks around at the window she'd been looking at clothing through, before turning back to Julie, "Alright, I'll go for it, then. My name is Alex, by the way. do you have a studio or something somewhere?"

26. - Top - End - #806

Concourse

"Nothing outside of GLoG, but I always keep my essentials with me. Come on, let's go take advantage of Magmart's massive changing rooms and I'll have you fixed up with what I had in mind. Have you ever heard of a Sari before?" Julie's grip is surprisingly strong as she tries to loop an arm through Alex's and muscle her away from the clothing store. She's already making the alterations in her mind to make the very traditional garment a bit more modern, and fit the half-minotaur's very unconventional form.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse -> Magmart

Alex is, of course, dragged along behind Julie, the clicking of her hooves on the floor tiles an indication of just how heavy she is, "Uh... I recognize the word, but I don't know what all it entails. I've mostly stuck to jeans and tee-shirts all my life, so I'm not great at fashion." Come now Alex, that much is perfectly clear, "Is it warm?"

28. - Top - End - #808

Concourse -> Magmart Changing Rooms

"Actually no. Your fur is going to keep you warm, so I'm going to make it out of light fabric." Julie heads straight for the changing rooms, shoving Alex into one ahead of her.

"It's going to have layers, but each layer of fabric is nearly transparent on its own, so you can adjust to how much you want to show and your amount of comfort. Off with all of that now, I need a proper look at you before I continue." Julie's begun pulling swaths of blue, gauzy cloth out of her clutch purse, blatantly disregarding the laws of physics. The cloth is patterned in flowing, curling filigree shapes in dark purple and burnished bronze, but it's mostly blue.

A pair of scissors and several already-threaded needles also over out of her bag, floating over her shoulders and ready to work.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Magmart Changing Rooms

This is where they hit the contention point! Alex goes to do what Julie tells her to, but stops herself, her entire face turning red. she seems torn between her modesty and doing what Julie says, since Julie is the seamstress here.

Julie may have to start pushing if she wants Alex to undress in a timely manner.

30. - Top - End - #810

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Magmart Changing Rooms

This is where they hit the contention point! Alex goes to do what Julie tells her to, but stops herself, her entire face turning red. she seems torn between her modesty and doing what Julie says, since Julie is the seamstress here.

Julie may have to start pushing if she wants Alex to undress in a timely manner.
    Magmart Changing Rooms

"Take them off or I'm burning them off you." She continues mildly, an emerald green flame winking into existence next to Alex's shoulder, "I'm burning them anyway, but I'd rather not do it next to your lovely fur, even though I'm sure I could do it without any damage I know it wouldn't be pleasant." In Julie's mind, clothes that cheap and tacky are an affront.