New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

[Arcane Threads]

"I'm sure they'd have feathers that are on little bands that you could loop behind the snakes' heads," Electra explains, looking to one of the shopkeepers nearby, before nodding at Fayyaad and looking back to Dena.

"It could work either longer or shorter, I think. Longer will let larger feathers blend in more, but will probably give a little less definition. Shorter will probably be easier to manage when they get out of place, and if you want to try and draw attention away from the snakes, using larger feathers might help with that if they're shorter to start with. You might wind up with a 'big hair' sort of look even though they're short. I think you should try it both ways and see which one works better, if you can change their length in a short amount of time."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"I feel like too large feathers would be ostentatious," Fayyaad says. "We don't want her parading around like a noblewoman with more riches than taste. But we should try different things and see how it works, definitely."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #843

[Arcane Threads]

Electra will turn around and find herself staring into the eight eyes of one of the shop-keepers. "How may I serve you?" They sure can creep up on people.

"What feathers were you considering then? Black ones would go pretty well with the color of the snakes, I feel, so raven feathers perhaps?" Dena suggests. "But watch this." Now Electra and Fayyaad will see that the snakes are actually getting longer before their very eyes, slowly creeping down to her shoulders. "Long enough? I can do a bit longer."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-05-02 at 05:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #844

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra startles slightly when the shop-keep sneaks up on her, but simply takes a step back, then looks to Dena.

"I think that's probably long enough to start. I was thinking perhaps some red or purple with the black, but we can try mixing colors later. Black for now should suffice, I think." She looks back to the shop-keep. "Do you have individual or pairs of black feathers on short cords or chains, like what one might use to braid into hair?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

Fayyaad has nothing to add at the moment, so he just ogles Electra as he listens.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #846

[Arcane Threads]

The spider creature nods, four of its eight eyes closing. "Of course. Let me pick them out for you." And with those words it silently skitters off again.

"Chains? That would be neat, but how comfortable would it be? Strings could work too, but in either case I don't want it to look like I'm overdoing it. I do like to see it though." Dena remarks, watching herself in a nearby mirror. A part of her wished she was on her own so she could watch herself without these glasses on, but that was not a risk she was willing to take in such a public place.

Now the shop-keeper returns with a vast collection of feathers. "Try them out." It bids them.
    Might be useful to link whatever they pick from the selection.

7. - Top - End - #847

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra simply shrugs while the shop-keep scurries off.

"I think if you're going to put chains, ribbons or strings of some kind in, you should have them shorter so that they can be seen creating more of the length. For now, let's try the feathers, and see what that gets us before we get too crazy." She seems oblivious to Fayyaad's ogling, though she does steal a glance back at him every now and again. Perhaps he's not the only one doing some ogling.

When the shop keep returns with the collection, she'll carefully look through it for a few moments, before selecting several pieces, all made in the same manner: a few black feathers bound together with some sort of thread, tied to a short string of beads that lead up into a longer, finer tie. The beads are different colors, some darker and some lighter, just enough contrast to draw one's eye. She holds up two of them, turning towards Dena.

"I'm thinking one on each side of your face, like this," She says, holding the pieces up next to her own to indicate, before holding them out to Dena, while she looks to Fayyaad. "Find anything you'd like to see her try?"

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

Fayyaad examines all the feathers presented to them.

"What about a red feather headband?" he asks, pointing at one. "It'd go with her eyes, and contrast with the snakes."

9. - Top - End - #849

[Arcane Threads]

"My eyes? I wasn't aware you had seen my eyes Fayyaad." Dena muses with a smile. "I don't even think I've even taken a picture of them yet, or did I mention the color of them to you?" She asks as she gently starts to put on the feathers Electra suggested. "I wish I could show my eyes. Wearing these glasses, especially indoors, makes it look like I'm suffering from an extreme hangover." The snakes do allow to have feathers attached to them, but they do still move around a lot, at least until Dena takes a good look at herself in the mirror, then they get still.
    She studies herself for a moment before adding the headband that Fayyaad suggested. "Which one do you like the most, just the feathers, just the headband, or both together?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-05-04 at 07:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra watches as Dena tries the feathers, then the headband, and comes to a conclusion rather quickly.

"I think both together might be a little much. I think the headband by itself might be the better choice; the feathers look good as long as the snakes they're attached to stay still, but once they start moving, it ruins the look. I think the headband has a better chance of staying where you put it and drawing less attention when the snakes move." She shrugs, a little disappointed that her feather idea didn't work out, but then, she's not used to dealing with hair with a mind of its own. An idea does pop into her mind about what to do about Dena's glasses, though.

"On the sunglasses thing, do they have to hide your whole eye? I'm wondering if a set of contact lenses might be able to block the effect." Electra knows enough about gorgons from mythology and a bit of reading she's been doing on the side, but she's not overly familiar with how Dena's particular manifestation works.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"Might as well just try the headband for now," Fayyaad agrees. "Regardless of how visible your eyes are, red and white go well together."

12. - Top - End - #852

[Arcane Threads]

Dena takes off the feathers, giving them back to Electra. "Already tried that,Electra, and it resulted in yet another jade sheep. So as far as I can tell, even the whites of my eyes are dangerous, not just the pupil or the iris. While the snakes are manageable, the eyes are really inconvenient. I read that some gorgons blinded themselves and used other ways to see just to be free of that part of the curse." She looks back at the mirror, correcting the headband. "Hopefully, I can keep them from moving too much though. Maybe I could try using a hairnet of sort, one of those old fashioned one in silver, but made for the snakes."

13. - Top - End - #853

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra takes the feathers, and hands them back to the shopkeep.

"I see. I'm guessing scleral lenses would probably have the same result then." She frowns, thinking for a moment, crossing her arms over her chest, tearing her mind from the eye problem back to the issue of Dena's hair. "Are you thinking you would combine the two, or just use the hairnet itself as ornamentation?"

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"I'd try combining them at first," Fayyaad puts forward. "If it doesn't work, you can always take it off."

15. - Top - End - #855

[Arcane Threads]

"I was thinking perhaps having something like a pearl necklace entwined along their length." Dena attempts to explain as her hand moves along the length of one of her snakes. "Think that would be something?"

16. - Top - End - #856

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra considers for a moment, picturing it, then nods.

"That might look pretty good. What color pearls were you thinking? I know the traditional white matches with them, but I think a darker color might work well as an accent, especially if you pair the pearls with that headband." She gestures towards the headband Fayyaad suggested.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"We don't want to add more white there, I think," Fayyaad remarks.

18. - Top - End - #858

[Arcane Threads]

"Yeah, black pearls would look nice. Might be expensive, but it's not like I'm using my money for anything else." Dena muses. "I think I need to try it out before I actually get anything though."

19. - Top - End - #859

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra looks to the shopkeep.

"Might you have a string of black pearls that she could try?"

20. - Top - End - #860

[Arcane Threads]

"Jewelry isn't our specialty, but I shall see what I can do, customer." The nerubian replies, soon returning with a simple band of black pearls. Not nearly as fancy as one you can find in a jewelry store as those might not actually be pearls, but it at least looks the part. "Is this sufficient?"

"Might do, can someone help me put it on though? Just mind the snakes." The snakes does stare at Electra and Fayyaad, as if challenging them to not do something stupid.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

Fayyaad gets up and valiantly tries to help put the pearls on, as requested. Even as his reason warns him against putting his hands so close to... so many snakes.

22. - Top - End - #862

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra does her best to help Fayyaad with the pearls. She doesn't seem very concerned about the snakes, though she is trying to be careful not to pull on them, as she would be if they were normal hair.

23. - Top - End - #863

[Arcane Threads]

The snakes does, surprisingly, not bite them as they're putting the pearls on. They don't appear to like being touched by anyone but Dena herself however and try to wrestle themselves out of Fayyad and Electra's hands as they are attempting to put on the pearls, at least at first. Eventually they stop moving and settle down enough for them to do any progress. "Thanks, they're... bothersome at times." She excuses herself, frowning in the mirror. "I do like what you did though, ever considered getting into fashion? You both seem to have really good taste."

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"Why, thank you. And it depends on what you mean by fashion. Designing clothes? Or making them?" Fayyaad asks. "I believe I'm already quite good at wearing them."

25. - Top - End - #865

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra smiles gently.

"Thanks, though I've never really been interested in making clothes. I like wearing them, and it's fun to put different things together, but it's not something I'd want to do for a living." She eyes Fayyaad and her gentle smile turns a bit predatory. "You indeed are good at wearing them, though, Fayyaad. And, I must say, you have a good eye for what looks good on others, as well. Have you ever considered designing clothes?"

26. - Top - End - #866

[Arcane Threads]

Electra was taking the big guns out, compliments.
    Dena starts to gently lean against Fayyaad, attempting to wrap her arm around his waist. "Can't disagree there. You have a good eye, you should recommend me something to wear." At least her snakes are keeping away from him now.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-05-16 at 09:58 AM.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

Fayyaad keeps smiling joyfully. He seems to have found himself between two women with decidedly impure designs for him, which suits him just fine. His tail wraps around Dena's legs as she leans against him.

"Designing clothes? Can't say I have. It's a craft on its own, and something you need to learn for a while, I imagine," he says, before giving Dena good, long look. "I'm happy to advise, though. You shouldn't copy Electra's current style, so why not something light and breezy?"

He looks around and points to a short, red toga.

"It will look nicely on her, don't you think, Electra?"

He's not sure if Electra appreciates women as well, but he might be about to find out.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-05-17 at 01:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #868

NinjaGuy

[Arcane Threads]

Electra eyes Dena, then the toga, and smirks, quirking an eyebrow at Fayyaad.

"I think so. You should try it on, Dena, I think it will be quite flattering, especially with the headband and the pearls." Perhaps not a direct answer to the question in Fayyaad's head, but if her expression is any indicator, she's obviously amused, at the very least.

29. - Top - End - #869

[Arcane Threads]

"If you let go of my legs perhaps." Dena muses, as she reaches down to gently tug at its end to uncoil it.
    Assuming he lets go of her, she also lets go of his tail and picks out the toga. "Y'know, I've worn something similar to this many times before." She claims as she touches the fabric. "They called it a chiton, but this one seems more, well..." She strokes her chin and puts back the toga. "Give me a few minutes, I'll be back soon."

Then she hurries off.

She won't be back until about ten minutes later, wearing this. "Sorry for the wait guys, hope you didn't get bored waiting."

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"Stylish and enticing at the same time, wouldn't you say," Fayyaad asks Electra, without taking his eyes off Dena. This has turned out to be a very good day.