New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

[Small Wonders]

"And I get a cool hat? This is the best thing that's happened to me since I got here." Cadmium picks up the stylish headwear. It's odd, it seems his voice has changed a little. "Say, you wouldn't have any item you need procured, any deed you need done or person you need dead? I'd actually appreciate purchasing poor Pete back as some point." Without further ado, he flips back his ragged hood, and perches his latest purchase neatly on his head. "How you doing buddy?"

"F*** you and the horse you rode in on."

"Well I'm doing just fine. Great to have you back. What's your status?"

"76% efficiency and rising. No thanks to you. Hey, demon, devil, or whatever, how much do I have to pay you to kill this bastard?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    I wonder how big something has to be before it gets its own weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymme
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Small Wonders]

((Apologies for the delay.))

"Hmm." A finger pauses on the ghoul's upper lip, and he nibbles away with a gleeful sort of thought. He grins around the nail, but finally, can only shake his head. "I can't say I want anyone dead, not today. No no. But I do a trade in thrift, and if you find anything interesting.."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Small Wonders]

((Don't worry, my posting is pretty haphazard as well))

" 'Interesting' huh? Anywhere in particular you've got an eye on?" While saying this, Cadmium is wandering around the shop, new hat in hand, checking out the merchandise. Anything that catches his eye?
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

4. - Top - End - #214

[Small Wonders]

"Wouldn't do to say. Surprise me."

The shop is not much of a 'shop' at the moment. There's no shelves or displays and certainly no pricetags, the floor taken up altogether by the ring of pillows around the chessboard. Monkey-headed bronze urns lurk among them, but there's nothing there save dried tobacco, or occasionally, an errant spider.

But the mannequins in the windows remain, modeling their strange apparel; A mask of seashells. A sword plunged into the jewel encrusted shell of a turtle. A silver mirror, the scrollery of the frame carved into eyes.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-12-04 at 09:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Small Wonders]

Cadmium idly inspects the turtle/sword combo. "Were these jewels in place before or after this turtle was killed?" he wonders aloud.

6. - Top - End - #216

[Small Wonders]

"Before." Without the slightest footstep, without his reflection moving in the glass, the old ghoul is suddenly close behind, and Cadmium can smell the sulfur on his breath. "Crown jewels. There was a king once, and an ambitious brother, the ancient story, but the king had his magicians cast him into a new form so that he might escape the sword. He would live a thousand years, so he vowed, to return when the traitor's bloodline had fallen to ruin."

"Only, the brother had his own oath. To chase the king to the end's of the earth. They went into the sea locked by their promises, and a thousand years later the jewels and the sword both were spat onto the shore of a ruined empire."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-12-05 at 11:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    M'usic Imporium

Object? Mil has a small stage area close to the entrance of his store for a reason. When people use his instruments it attracts others to buy them. So he just let's Aiden play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    M'usic Imporium

Once Aiden's got the guitar of his choice, he starts to plug it into various amplifiers to test how they sound. Unless Mil has some reason to object, he starts out with a few basic chords and licks until he finds a sound he likes. Then, struck with inspiration, his playing evolves into something.
    M'usic Imporium

After the first few verses, as the music is heard over in the other section where the happy dragonlady is checking out a few cymbals, comes the drum-half of that song. About in the middle, Catherine absolutely ruins everything she had done to her hair by headbanging along with the music.
    "That was good!" She calls over, once Aiden finishes. "Keep up!" Before launching right into another song.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Small Wonders]

Cadmium tings one of the gems thoughtfully, before pointing towards the mirror. "I imagine those eyes have seen plenty. Tell me, do you speak to strangers about the clients you have in here?"

9. - Top - End - #219

[Small Wonders]

His smile is smooth, practiced. "I can assure you, sir, I will keep the confidences of my customers until the very jaws of death have fallen." And that's precisely true.

"Hence, I can say very little about this mirror. Except that it's a very fine mirror to have."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Small Wonders]

LY pipes up. "Darn't sell it to him. The sod plans to do all sorts of perverted things in front of it. Wicked things. Narsty things. Things you mmph" Cadmium settles the matter by turning the hat inside out. "The hat is quite right, to some extent, as I do wish to purchase this item. At some point. Same price as all your... other items, I presume?"

11. - Top - End - #221

[Small Wonders]

The man tuts, and shakes his head. "No no, not quite. I'd rather something else than a soul for this beauty."

"There's a place in Riverside, the Toy Tinker, where I've been forbidden. An apprentice is employed there, name of Jim. Bring trouble to his doorstep for me and the mirror is yours."

"A small enough thing, yes?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Small Wonders]

Cadmium looks shocked. "Mr. Tradesperson!" he exclaims, "I should never stoop so low as to fall to petty criminality to fund my desire for shiny objects, may the Lord strike me down if I do."

He sighs.

"But then, life is such a difficult river to navigate. All sorts of things may happen. Accidents, trials, troublesome tests of faith and mind and body, sheer bad luck. These things happen to people, good, bad or otherwise, and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Merely look on as the river of life sweeps them along like so many bags of 'weed clippings', dumped by the local mafia in the evening."

He sighs again.

"I'm afraid I will not be able to fulfill your request. Despite having an errand I just remembered I must attend to. In Riverside, so it happens. It seems that this Tinker will not be seeing any trouble this fine afternoon. Not from me, anyway. Good day."

He turns LY back in the right, and perches him back on his head. "Hope this Tinker has done some good deeds this week," the hat snorts as they leave. "Otherwise Lady Luck might come round with a couple of boys and break his knees. What a shame that would be."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Azik's Enchantments

A young woman carrying what appears to be a miniature foal walks into the shop.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2015-12-28 at 12:31 AM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

The adamantine-built construct who owns the shop is standing behind his counter, as always. Looking over the customer, he says, "Greetings! what can I help you with today?" His voice has the strange monotone cadence of a machine, but it seems he can inject at least a little emotion into his voice.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Azik's Enchantments

The woman takes a step back from the golem, startled. Oh! Uh...do you sell clothing for shapeshifters?
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Here we have some customers arriving!
    A pair of fox-people from the Temple, and a Gardevoir who's hopefully still not giggling. This is all her fault. The destruction at Carousel Court, the ice cream, all of it!

Here we are
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Destruction, meh.
    But to be blamed for ice-cream! The horrors!

A pair of fox-people, one of whom is significantly pregnant and craving ice-cream! Felina isn't quite at the "waddling" stage yet, but she's working on it. Oh, and there's another side effect...

Um... you guys look things over. I have to use the restroom.

Melina blinks

<Twice already since we left the Temple... this makes three. Is that... normal?>
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-01-15 at 09:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Inside the parlor there are a number of customers. Not the constant stream the place gets in the summer months, but even the cold outside can't stop people's love of ice cream. Behind the counter is the titular Dana, handing the next most recent customer his bowl of ice cream and sending him off with a friendly smile. She stoops down under the glass counter to pluck out a now empty pail. "Hey dad?" She calls back through the entrance to the employees only area. "Can you bring out another pail of moose tracks? We're all out." After receiving a faint reply, Dana grabs a cloth to wipe down the counter.

19. - Top - End - #229

[Dana's Place]

You're the biology expert; tell me. But given the uniqueness of her situation, can anyone say?

Arlem, being the other fox-person, walks along the other side of the counter, boggling at all the flavors.

"Can pokemon even eat ice cream?"

That's a serious concern. Might make this reconciliation rather awkward.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Melina hmphs

<I'm an expert in manipulating life energy: that's not quite the same thing!

And woah...

I'm gonna try!>

Felina comes out from the restrooms and joins the other two

So... what kinds of flavors are there?

Then she blinks

Oh... lots...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-01-15 at 11:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Dana looks up at the potential customers standing back from the counter, looking indecisive. "Can I help you with anything?" She asks, a smile coming to her face easily.

22. - Top - End - #232

[Dana's Place]

Arlem almost laughs. But not quite.

"Well, what's the best flavor?"
    If an ice-cream vendor can answer any question, it should be that one.

But someone else takes it upon themselves to answer.
    "Rocky Road. Rhode? Road. It's a good intersection of disparate textures and impossible flavors."
    Yep, it's the guy made of a bunch of tiny dragon-lizards that they got Aki from, dressed in a suit as usual, just now stepping through the door.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Felina shakes her head

No: no chocolate, dragon guy. Bad for me, really bad for the baby.

(( Well... that's not a given, actually... but she's not going to risk it - not that she's really thinking all that clearly))

She looks at Arlem

This is the guy who came to my room as a flock of sliver dragons, and I nommed one but it was gick, and I was having a bad day and screamed, so Myobi came, and then they bantered, and Myobi brought it to life as an individual because... well... it's Myobi, and she does weird things sometimes when she's annoyed.

Melina looks over the counter, then up at Dana

Can I have mint sorbet, please?

Felina turns back herself

Um... lemon! Lemon, please: I want something more tart.

24. - Top - End - #234

[Erin's Emporium]

On his resarch, Fade has to go to mallside to buy the tool he needs. This is a bit new for him, since he barly needs to buy anything. The mass of people going shopping is a suprise for him. he can't really think of a reason for so many people to be here. As he takes his steps through the markt, he spots the board that shows of all the shops. It takes a moment befor he can find one of the names he knows and heads for it.

Entering the Emporium, Fade takes his look around. He takes some of the weapons to hold them in hand and get a feeling for them, but he doesn't want to buy any of those.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Dana laughs. "That's a harder question than you think. It's hard to pick a favourite with so many good choices." She winks playfully. "So one lemon sorbet, one mint sorbet, one Rocky Road... Or should I make that two Rocky Road?" She looks questioningly at Arlem.

26. - Top - End - #236

[Dana's Place]

"Yeah, better make it two. Another rocky road."
    Arlem winks. It was an impossible question for someone selling the ice cream, after all.

Then he looks to Felina and nods.

"I remember it. Which is where that 'Aki' creature came from. But why is it here?"

The dragon-guy smirks, "What, is it to much to think I might want a cone of ice cream?"
    "Yes, I suppose it is."
    "But don't worry; I'm not here to kidnap your beloved foxes in the name of science or anything like that. Which would be perfectly reasonable of me, by the way. No, I'm here because I found something."

The dragon-guy reaches into his pockets and takes out a little green bauble and part of a thin chain.

"Look familiar? You understand, right? Forget about these two. Forget about this whole world. You don't belong in the Nexus."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Felina's fur stands on end and her ears flick back as her lips draw into the beginning of a snarl

WHAT?!

Yeah... that's about the extent of her eloquence right this moment. Melina scowls and does a slightly better job.

<No stealing Arlem! We're rather fond of him, thank you very much>

28. - Top - End - #238

[Dana's Place]

Arlem shakes his head a little bit, and inches closer to Melina.
    "And go where? Back to the Ship? If the world isn't well enough in hand, you wouldn't be here."

The dragon-guy scowls at that.
    "You know that's not true or you wouldn't be meddling! You would have enough power to stay. To be with your real family. To be more than a tool for groups that don't care a whit about you."

Looks to Melina.
    "I'm sure you are. Does that really matter?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

That does it! Felina...

giggles. She closes her eyes, and shakes her head as her ears go back up and her fur settles down: Arlem is clearly not hypnotized by the thing. She pats her distended abdomen.

Well! If I don't care a whit about Arlem, I have to say I have a really peculiar way of showing don't you think? After all, I'm carrying his child.

Melina shrugs

<It does to me. And I rather think it does to Arlem, as well. Though amusing you would say we don't care a whit about him in one breath, then in the next assert your certainty that we're rather fond of him.

And yes: we are brutally using him for love, family, friendship, adventures, and the occasional party. I shall endeavor to endure the shame of it.>

Then she grins at her sister

30. - Top - End - #240

[Dana's Place]

"Do you two really think you're his whole life? That I'm talking about you and only you? Yes, you care for him. But if Arlem were the sort to put someone's feelings over doing the right thing, well, he wouldn't be an orphan."

The dragon-guy smiles and puts his hands back in his pockets. Arlem is standing very still.

"But if you'd like more targeted reasons...He could be with another shapeshifter, not have to stay so long in a face you find familiar. This is already unusually long to stick with a form, isn't it? You could follow your heart, and not just your mistakes, and your fathers' mistakes. Or this? You're going to live longer than I am, Arlem, but not nearly as long as them. One day you'll be replaced and forgotten. Come away, and you don't have to die."

Arlem shakes his head, but doesn't say anything.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine