New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Tohr-Kreen [Little World FoB Campaign]

IC Thread for The Tohr-Kreen and it's champions.
    Staring in The Vale.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: The Tohr-Kreen [Little World FoB Campaign]

OOC:
    Wasn't there a dragon to deal with before anything? If I'm still starting in the Vale for that let me know and I can re-do travel times and such.

Current plans:
    -Gather some suitable treasure and food for the dragon [Thinking a combination of fish and farm animals, as well as a large number of rather shiny copper coins minted specifically for the purpose, that'll take up carry space of Me and my Bodyguards.]. Give it to the dragon as part of starting conversation.
    -Send my [Non-Bodyguard] scouts to the northern forests, with me following shortly after to head to God's mountain to see what I can see.
    -Send some diplomatic messages by courier to the DE and the Vampire lead place, based partially on how things work out with the Dragon.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Describe what the Vale is like etc. so we can get our barings and then we can open with the Dragon chit-chat.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I'll try to describe all three:

Spoiler: The Vale
    Show

Between the giant Stonespire and the rolling hills now known as The Warrens, lies a valley which slowly slopes down into the ocean, trees becoming sparser as water from the mountain rivers drains through the area, providing plentiful water year round, even if the Kreen occasionally take the boiling saltwater.

The town of the Vale is situated to the lower end, inland enough to be safe from the sea, but far enough that it's only a 'short run' by Kreen standards.

Many of the buildings in the Vale are built up trees, using them as a center spire around which to build spiralling stairs, but many lack such features. Almost all buildings a are 3 stories tall, with a few only two stories and nary a one standing only one tall, unless the roof is mostly flat as it's own area, the Kreen's jumping ability [Average Jump check 44, or 11 feet, or 1.3 stories] meaning that every building has a semi-balcony structure out the front of each story, with higher tiers being successively shorter, allowing Kreen to jump from story to story from the outside, though it's considered the height of rudeness to do so and enter without announcement...
    Given the weight of most Kreen, the sound created by these jumps mean that this isn't considered insecure.

There's little in the way of order as to the building layouts, but signs are common for those that forget, structured such that they can be read with Darkvision, creating a town that is busy all the time, even if it may be pitch black at times. Recreational structures are common, though many are dedicated to more sedentary persuits, so that Kreen can rest their bodies without succumbing to boredom.

At the furthest extent of the Kreen village is a wooden barricade with a stone basing, too tall to jump for any but the greatest jumpers of the Thri-Kreen [Over 14 feet tall.]. At the ocean are a handful of fishing piers, mostly used by outsiders due to the Kreen's difficulty swimming [Not actually represented, but they have spindly limbs, and their skin would make -3 ACP armor.].

Spoiler: Stonespire
    Show

The current home of the Diopsids, who are steadily digging deep into the mountain. There is little difference between it and a Dwarven settlement, except it's near constantly bathed in light using bioluminesence, and falls are rarely followed by screams, instead followed by the beat of wings slowing the falling person, so much so that the buildings in Stonespire have designated 'Falling zones' for common places falls occur, and for places where it's faster to safely fall as a Diopsid instead of taking the stairs.

Minor mining accidents are also rarer than in Dwarven settlements, as Diopsid's hard chitten provide them with a great amount of protection.

Currently, much of the defences are stone reinforced wood, due to the ease of working with, but plenty of construction is going on near them. There's a couple of piers, used by a small group that prefers to ship mined materials by boat than overland.

Spoiler: The Warrens
    Show

A mixed community of Kreen and Diopsids, more so than usual. On top of the hill, there's very little difference between it and the Vale but everything is much more central for defense, and the Diopsids planning learned from underground living has been applied. Underground, the difference between it and Stonespire is mostly in the walls being made of bricks over dirt with heavy bracing instead of braced stone. There exist extensive wooden fortifications.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Stonespire.

The day was going well, a new shaft had struck a new vein of Kinerite, verging off that shaft was a large volume of Onyx gemstones as well. The Diopsids qorked hard to harvest the various crystals and gemstones. As the day drew to a close they had delved deep along the seam, only to open up to an enormous cavern set deep in the heart of the mountain. Inside, running right through the middle of the main cavern is a natural cave with a deep crevasse plunging into the deep dark. It was from here that they rose. Outside the peace of the village was rocked as fire exploded from the new shaft, the smell of burning Diosid mingling with that of the sulfurous smell of Dragon breath. The ground shook for a moment and an enormous Female Red Dragon, followed by 5 Red Dragon Wyrmlings burst into the open. Laying waste to everything in sight with fire-breath.

Without wasting any time a pair of Diopsids fled as messengers to the nearby Capital.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2015-09-09 at 07:28 PM.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Show

We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Kinrite is always a reason to celebrate, and Kra'Chin was planning to pass through Stonespire last before heading towards the God-Mountain, in fact he was resting off celebratory drinks for the day and was planning on leaving on the stroke of midnight, almost having left the town with his guard by the time the message reached him.

"Gather the Kreen-Guard and the stationed Archers! Get one unit of Guard on evacuating the caverns! I shall lead us in! To me!"

Clad in mithral, Kra'Chin was quite the sight, his armor at once subdued and royal, most of the decoration shown in the form of careful inscriptions upon his armor and single Gythka, many being prayers to Sid'Jax in his face of the warrior.
    Kra'Chin's bodyguards however bore much more weight, similarly garbed, but bearing steel in place of mithral, with both bows and tower shields upon their back as he led the guard, who marched behind him with Archers even further behind. All have been ordered to hold their arrows until Kra'Chin can attempt to communicate with the rampaging Dragon, though if they can contain a Wyrmling safely, they are to take it hostage.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Ok, Players feel free to introduce yourselves as you arrive and tack yourselves onto dealing with this... I must say, this really is what I get for hoping to ply it with food and coin first.

As to the wyrmlings, if they gets within melee range of the Kreen-Gaurd, it's going to be subduing struck into next year.

I'll be trying to getting the Dragon to stop by announcing our presence and demanding it cease it's attack.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Kra'Chin arrives to find almost a quarter of the settlement ablaze and the civilians have fled to the forest at the base of the mountain for sanctuary. Thankfully very few outside of some of the unfortunate miners perished.

The Adult Great Red Dragon sat perched atop the largest building in the town with her young curled up around the base of the building. Seeing the warriors approaching the Dragon let out a mighty roar that echoed from the cliffs.

"Are you the leader of these people?!" it bellowed down to Kra'Chin.

Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Behind Kra'Chin, his men form up, all hiding behind shields of heavy steel as they await the outcome. His personal bodyguard stand no more than 10ft behind him, ready to pull him into cover beside their shields despite his motion for them to stay back.
    "I am Kra'Chin, and I do lead the Kreen! What cause have you to strike out at us!?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

The Dragon shuffles forward and leans it's head in toward Kra'Chin. "This is my home mortal. It has been thus before you existed in this world. Your people violated it and as such not only my sanctuary but also the welfare of my children here. I demand compensation and an agreement from you or I shall burn this place to the ground and slaughter your army."

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Kra'Chin opens his hands wide as he speaks, lowering his head slowly while maintaining eye contact with the dragon, holding the pose, it being one among the Kreen similar to a bow.

"I offer apologize, however you left no sign, and the land spoke not of it, despite our long time here. If you would show me the damage, I would offer appropriate recompensation, and depending on your desires I would offer agreements. However as it stands only you have struck, and while I would not be so foolish as to demand such a grand force of nature to heel, we are the only ones to suffer, and would be the only to be owed a debt.

However-,"
    KRa'Chin quickly interjects his silence before the Dragon can speak "-, I will agree to a boon of action that I could fill by myself within a day, and would offer my word that me and mine shall offer you and yours no harm for the duration of a day, if you would offer us a day without further intentional harm to me and mine, that we may combat the flames you have started, and leave with what we can carry if we cannot come to peaceful agreement."

Kra'Chin raises his head slightly to the dragon, watching it's face despite his lack of skill, or even how to apply his skill at reading faces to a dragon.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

The Dragon's from shimmers as it shifts into the form of a large female Deep Orc (Orog) clad in Red Dragon scale armour with Red Dragon wings protruding from it's back. Strapped to it's back is a large Golden Orc Double-axe. It jumps down from the building, gliding gracefully to the ground and strides over to Kra'Chin. Stopping a respectful distance from it.

"I too only want to live in peace. I care not for your slain - or deaths of any other on this world. I could win a war against you, however you might still manage to slay one or more of my children. I care only for my children. So for them I will agree to peace with you for now. My terms are that our home is off-limits. Any harm befalls any of my children and I will slaughter every one of you insects and I shall hunt you all for all eternity no matter what it takes. I won't even care if it is not your fault. Understood?" she speaks with arrogance and confidence as well as a burning angry passion. "I shall not pay any debt to you, but I am willing to agree to never harm your people again except for the terms I have laid out, I do so swear on all-mighty Rass'leth himself. Do you submit? If so we shall withdraw and allow your people to reclaim their homes immediately."
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2015-09-09 at 11:24 PM.

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler: If the Dragon has a sense motive worth a damn.
    Show

Despite Kra'Chin's continued respectful stance, he almost openly shows disgust at invoking Rassel'eth's name, he mouth shifting as if to speak, before he stops, reconsidering.

Also, Kra'Chin is a he.

"As you would have peace for your children I would have for my people, and so I would submit. However, I would ask the extent of the cave system within you live, though not it's layout, that I may inform the miners where not to mine, I would wish your promise that you will not allow your children to deliberately antagonize the people of Stonespire, as we have named the mountain, and I would ask to speak with you at week end, bearing tribute worthy of your status. If it is desired, I can have a wall constructed where we accidentally gained entrance into your home, as soon as is possible, and it can bear guards for you and yours, or be simple reinforcement of the stone, as you desire..."

Though Kra'Chin has not moved notably, those surrounding him, including the dragon, likely noted him twitch a moment with his lower arm towards his weapon when the dragon approached, despite it taking humanoid form.
    While the Kreen Guard are well trained and stand behind sheets of steel, a slight murmuring comes from among their ranks, though with backward glance's Kra'Chin's guard silence them.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

She seems to smirk at his obvious discomfort at the mention of Rassl'eth. The smiles slightly nicer at his acceptance of her terms.

"Then we shall have peace. No need about the entrance, perhaps it might be useful when you and I need to speak again. Surely your people are now cowed enough to not enter into my domain. The caverns are large and go deep. However most of your mountain is free for your use. As you and your people are bound by your agreement with me, I will not immediately attack them should they accidentally burst through again. In addition I shall be placing some wards and barriers around the cavern now to prevent most entry without permission. We shall depart now then and leave your people be. Blessings of Rassl'eth be upon you."

She makes a small stiff bow, a minor acknowledgement of the agreement between two leaders and makes to leave.

OOC: Her and her Wyrmlings will keep their word and leave immediately if you allow them.

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Kra'Chin manages to hold back his disgust at the invocation only until the dragon turns her back, however for most it will only be visible in the twitch of his claws as he rises to stand, though his face cannot glare, is mandibles can grind. He speaks barely seconds after the dragoness has turned.
    'I should invest in a stone mask before I treat with the Empire...'

"All but the first three Guard ranks fight the flames! Go! Three ranks here me! From this day forth, any who enter the caverns of the Dragon deliberately and without my instruction shall lose a foot. There are to be no fewer than 10 guards watching all known entrances stationed no closer than 50ft and no further than 75ft to all known entrances, adjusted as demanded by the Dragon or The Champion of either Stonespire or the Kreen as a whole. Anyone found plotting to gain entrance to the caverns of the dragon without my presence will have their mandibles removed, eyes shattered, antenna ripped out, and claws removed, never to be healed, least they bear my sigil upon their face at the time, for whom the punishment for speaking against my will suffers the punishments already known by those, and who are far worse. And who deliberately harm so much as a claw or shedding scale of the Dragon or her young without my command will suffer as Clutch Betrayers suffered when we were Thri instead of Tohr. It is upon you to start this watch, and inform the people during your off shift. Now go, and stand no closer to the dragoness than you could leap lest I or she command it!

The last of the Kreen begin moving before Kra'Chin can finish, and once he's satisfied that people are moving as they should, he shall join them in fighting the blaze, which fortunately should cause little damage due to the hamlets stone construction within the caves, though more than a few likely are found dead, trapped in rooms filled with smoke which bear no outlet for it.

Actions/OOC
    Unless someone does something stupid or she has more to say, there's nothing more to do with this scene other than account for how long it'll take to fight the blaze.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2015-09-10 at 04:06 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: The blazes are quickly brought under control, though the stonework in places was melted by the intensity of the Dragon Breath, very few perished due to the quality of the buildings. Over-all less than 20 Diopsids died and the mess will be easily cleaned up. The mined Kinerite and Onyx are fine.

Roll a sense motive check.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Christopher watched his General-God stand proudly against the Red-Dragon Queen as the flames washed the land around them. It was a sight that he had seen in dreams and whispers that no one else could ever possibly understand. For who else has the eyes to see the words in whispers? Who else has the ears to hear the light tell its secrets?

There were -questions-. And his family demanded blood when he demanded -answers-.

So he let himelf open, using his teeth to let his red blood flow. Only once the Dragon-Queen was walking away, of course. He let it flow and flow and then the whispers came screaming into his skull and it was good.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not super used to rolling on this so I might mess it up.

I don't know the roll for finding out about Dragons. But what exactly do I know about this dragon?

(1d20+16)[20]

The plus 16 is a general bonus from my int, taking damage from a class feature, and another class feature. Also. If I roll lower then six, that automagically turns into a six. No knowledge ranks have been added.

Now. Taking another six damage to Sense Motive on her.

(1d20+20)[40]

Again, can't roll lower then six and I took six damage.

LET IT BE KNOWN.
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Show

As you have no ranks in Knowledge(Nature) or Knowledge(Arcana), you remember nothing of note about Dragons.
    You do know from Knowledge(Local) that rumors of a Dragon had been noted in the past, but were ignored and were very rare. The Red Dragon has some way to hide her presence perhaps?
    You really have no idea.

The sense motive check however reveals something. By looking at the scorch marks carefully and listening what you could of the previous conversation you realise they she had deliberately minimised casualties for a reason you cannot yet fathom, and her conversation was a test of the conviction Kra'Chin and his ability to exert his will over her - which he failed. She seems to have been searching for a reason to join you perhaps?

Either way you are an observant monkey.

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to a Class Feature (Madthing Initiative) I can make knowledge checks untrained. I did not mention this, my mistake.

I'm basically a Factotum with this build.
    Last edited by Matar; 2015-09-10 at 07:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Show

In that case Knowledge (Nature) tells you that Red Dragons are arrogant, and aggressive. They almost never pause in combat, never wait for parley, and would certainly never normally offer peace when they think they could win the fight, no matter how hard the fight might get. Female dragons are fierce mothers and would happily commit Genocide to protect both their young and their domain. They are decidedly evil and twisted and have no regard for the laws of the mortals or gods alike.
    This village should be nothing but ash and molten rock by now.

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

How could he not help but laugh when his families sweet voices stopped caressing his mind? Their departure was always a hideously funny thing. Like a clown hitting himself with a ice-pick. He shivered and shook then spoke to the God-General.

"Lord, there are things that you must know. This place should be molten rock and fire; burning and ash. Look how little there is; look how much -there is-. This Dragon is different then most of her kin, I can say that LORD."

Chirstopher seems to blink and shifts his head to the side. Seems to blink. Where are his eyes? He rubs red blood off his arms with a cloth.

"I think we have failed in something. I think if you showed her a will of unbreaking steel that she could be an ally. You know I have once spoken that you are the Killer of Dragons. I have -SEEN IT-. But this Dragon may be an ally yet. Offer to protect her young. Mayhap then she will offer her aid. Tell her you will take the world as your pearl. Tell her -any- Dragon that would harm her or her young will see deaths door. Speak to her again one day Lord. For it will be more difficult then this one."

He licks his lips and binds his wounds.

"This is what I have bled for, Lord. You will be the Killer of Dragons. You will be the ally of Dragons. Do you have questions that I must bleed for?"
    Last edited by Matar; 2015-09-10 at 07:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Kra'Chin observes Stonespire's outer hamlet from one of it's many vantage points, with the fires dead, listening to Christopher with an almost absent mind.
    "No, you would bleed at your discretion. Do you require healing?"
    Kra'chin's lower left hand move towards Christopher in offering, a slight golden sheen taking to it, and he continues regardless of the offering.

"Be as you say, the trip is already planned, and if I remember right, you said the signs were perfect for it, in dream and out."
    His head turns back to the mountain, to where the Dragon first reached the surface.
    "In any case, I have already offered and given her a boon, and I know one does not approach a dragon empty handed. I've already sent a note to the mayor to organise an appropriate donation... Tik-Tik should be here soon, if I pass the scouts I'll send them back with a message, however for now I want you here keeping things calm and making sure the gifts are appropriate... And ensure Tik-Tik doesn't push to hard, see the guards I set over her cage and make sure the words I gave them are spread..."

Kra'Chin looks to Christopher one last time.
    "Make sure things don't collapse without me. You're one of my most trusted for a reason, you're almost truly-Kreen, instead of in name. I shall try to catch a dream for you on god mount."

Actions/OOC:
    Ordering the below offering/giving the previous orders.
    Heading to God-Mountain using Stealth with my Bodyguard, based on the maths proposed in the OOC. If you can scout and stealth at the same time [Drack Proposed, but I didn't think possible.], I will. If not, I'll only actually scout God Mountain. If I can scout, I likely find and send the Kreen-Scouts back before they get injured as tentively-handled by Drack in square 15.
    Unit Will Saves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    15: (1d20+5)[11]
    05: (1d20+5)[19]
    God Mountain: (1d20+5)[24] [Arrive on day 3, roughly of the week]
    Edit: Thorough Search, bad hiding.

Proposed offering:
    Approx 10000 copper coins [Reforged if needed, rush job.], each burnished to shine like gold, stamped one one side with the symbol of the Kreen as normal, but the other sides bearing the marks of Sid'Jax, Sid'Jax's dragon, the Martyr, and Sophia, in variation.
    Additionally, several packs of fish and food that wouldn't be easily accessible from the mountain, and probably of smaller size than a dragon would immediately target, and one bag of quality food as if for a picnic.
    Aproximate RPs: 100
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2015-09-10 at 07:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let it be known Lord that I will do my best to protect the Kingdom. I will wait and watch for your return and orders. And while you make prophecy into reality know that I am here to aid you."

Once the Lord of the land, the great Kra'Chin, left on his own adventure Christopher could only be left to ponder. Ponder and watch. And so he did, exploring the lands of the great kingdom and watching.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+9)[13] SPOT. Minimum 15.
    (1d20+4)[6] SEARCH Minimum 10.

Just kinda walking around the Kingdom looking for spys and anything interesting. I'm looking very specifically for dragonic influences and how the heck that Dragon managed to stay hidden for so long.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Tik-tik and his Heralds of Doom unit are a unit was on the move to catch up with his employer the lord of these lands him and his unit all moving without too much rest. He remembered how his unit gathered and then decided to continue to fight but instead of it being against each other it would be to side by side and other their services for a price.

He did this until he got the call to champion lord Kra'Chin cause and brought his unit along for the ride. He and his unit would move along the lands a group of bloodthirsty elven chain wearing battle hardened gladiators all carrying two weapons and seem ready to spill blood. They would arrive and look around at the damage and look very disappointed they missed the action.

Tik-tik would signal them to be on guard and noticed Christopher and made his way towards him as he did not see Lord Kra'Chin to find out what was going on. he would stop in front of him the tall mantis looking warrior would look to him " what is going on and where is Lord Kra'Chin" he would ask him as he knew he was not the only champion but tell now had not met the other champions in service of Lord Kra'Chin.
    Last edited by niw18; 2015-09-10 at 02:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Great-Lord Kra'Chin has said to not push too hard, Grand-General Tik'Tik."

Christopher says this while on the move, inspecting the land with his bulging not-eyes.

"His Lordship has left to the God-Moutain. The dreams have declared it to be the place that he -needs to be-. And the place you need to be, Tik'Tik is here, inspecting and protecting the lands while we wait for his Lordships words... Or for the whispers of my family to guide us."

He pauses.

"We have been attacked by a Dragon-Queen. Red of blood. His Lordship dealt with it while the men delt with the fires. Few died, though so many more could have."
    Last edited by Matar; 2015-09-10 at 02:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Nearing mid-week, a courier arives for Christopher, bringing letters in a diplomatic pouch.

Spoiler: Note for Christopher
    Show

Christopher:

If you're reading this then events have occured that allow you to sit in among the negotiations. Feel free to offer suggestions for further corespondence, my main desires in regards to this are:
    -Ensuring I can bring an appropriate amount of bodyguards, numbering no-less than my own, but preferably at least bringing Tik-Tik also.
    -Acquiring an appropriate visitor or visiting group to hold against my safety.
    -Opening up diplomatic chanels to negotiate at least a truce, if not a good time to visit. As you know, I'd prefer my first 4 weeks were in my kingdom.

Walk as Kreen, sleeper.
    Kra'Chin, Scion of Sid'Jax, Champion of the Kreen

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Engaged in prayer and awaiting word from the Great-Lord Christopher prays. He prays for knowledge; not for himself but for his -people-. He knows his Lord will be the Ally and Killer of Dragons, and it was up to him to make sure the Dreams and Whispers came through without harm... again, to him or his people.

So he let himself open and prayed. He prayed.

"WHAT THREAT IS THERE TO THE DRAGON QUEEN."
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+16)[29] Min roll of 22. I'm rolling for... I'm not sure. Arcane? I think Arcane would be the best for this question. I'm asking for known enemies of this Red Dragon to offer her protection.

He prayed.

"SHOULD I SPEAK WITH THE DRAGON QUEEN."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+16)[19] min roll 22. If this roll is Arcane (like I think it is). If it IS arcane I want to know if it would be improper for a Seer to visit the Red-Dragon King on his behalf. After all, none of the kings threats actually apply to a human as far as I can remember.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Back in the divine realms Sid'Jax spends 2 Divine Power points and smiles.

Spoiler: Christopher
    Show

Your eyes cloud over and you enter a trance-like state, deeper than any you have entered previously. You see a vision of a large armored undead figure. His armour is shiny black, his face a skull filled with rotting flesh. He carries a weapon of power, though you see not just a weapon, but a being of brilliant darkness in the shape of a weapon (OOC: knowledge local DC 18 tells you that this fits the description of Gaheris and his weapon Thanifex Knowledge Arcana DC 25 would tell you more about Thanifex as would Knowledge Religion DC 25). Before this being a mighty black dragon grapples with an angel of decay, before being thrust mercilessly to the ground. The figure in armor walks to the Dragon and thrusts his blade into the heart of the Dragon with seeming ease. The great beast rises from the dust and bows to it's new master, the glow of negative energy burning through where it's eyes had been.

The vision suddenly shift, you see a great pit, filled with toiling corrupted humans, pouring out sacrifices, weapons and armour to build a mighty army. Another shift and you can see the armour clad figure riding on a steed of darkness and flame, before him are an endless legion of the undead, zombies, skeletons, ghouls and beings twisted beyond all horror or comprehension.

It shifts again and you see two women standing facing one another. One clad in darkness and shadow, the other clad in ice. The shadow touches the ice and there is an explosion of power. You see the two queens leading legions of human troops and skittering shadowy undead things. Their magic blots out the sun and casts the land into a great winter.

The final shift and it shows the Kreen capital. A burning ruin, corpses scattered everywhere. Your great leader lies broken and beaten in the middle, his arms torn from his body and the last of his life fading away. The Red Dragon and her brood slain nearby, great rotting gouges taken from their flesh. You see your own face, lying sightless and broken in a puddle of rose-tainted mud. The Kreen, broken, destroyed, enslaved. The dead Kreen raised once more as undead abominations to serve - who? the faces of the Queens and the Dark Knight super-impose. It shall be one, but which one is uncertain.

Then a flash as the image fades of the face of an angelic being, his wings unfurled, a gleaming sword in hand, his armour shining white.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2015-09-11 at 07:38 PM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Christopher weeps from his not-eyes, tears pouring down his face. The death. The suffering. It reminded him of his people, so twisted and broken and wanting for True Love. His family embraced his mind and swept him into places not-meant-to-be-seen. And despite that horror there was something wondrous about it. Who was this angel, clad in white with gleaming sword?

He took to his feet and motioned a guard near him. He spoke with urgency and warmth.

"Take a small unit of people back to capital for immediate aid. We need backup urgently and haven't much time. Go, fly, and do not return without the army at your back."

He then turns to General Tik'Tik.

"Watch the lands. Watch the people. Prepare for battle. I must make my way to the Dragon-Queen."

He then makes his to the perimeter of the Dragon Gate. To the cave where the Dragon-Queen rests. Where her children rest. And where her children will die without his words to save them. He held no love for Dragons, but he thought of her bleeding corpse and the corpses of her children and could not help but feel great sadness. She burned the Diodes, yes, but she to was a sentient life.

But he could not defy his Lordship. His trust in the great King Kra'Chin was undeniable. He was the who would rule the world. He would be the ally of Dragons and the Killer of Dragons. So how could he go against his word?

And the answer came simply. He would not.

He ran to the nearest entrance to the Dragon Queens lair. He ran not past the guards protecting it. Not to avoid them. He was the High Seer of the Tohr-Kreen. He was the DREAMER and Kreen in name and -soul-.

"The great Lord Kra'Chin has spoken! None shall enter these caves without there mandibles removed. Without there claws town out. Without there eyes crushed in there sockets. Let it be known that his punishment will not be denied!"

Saying thus Christopher takes both his hands and places them on his Not-Eyes. He has no claws to rip off, no mandibles to remove... but he had his eyes. And if his Lord declared it so, then they would be gone. With a pained grunt and a terrifying scream Christopher rips his eyes out of socket. The sound is wet, gruesome, and Christopher's screams of pain can be heard far and away. He makes sure to keep the cave ahead of himself, despite the incredible pain in his face.

Throwing his Not-Eyes aside Christopher lets out another scream. And another. He then turns his socketless face towards the Tohr-Kreen guards.

"THE PUNISHMENT HAS BEEN DEALT. LET. ME. PASS."

Spoiler
    Show

I have 50 HP points and I'm going to be walking blind inside a mountain. This is going to be either hardcore stupid or just hardcore. Anyways, time to add "Blind" to my character sheet.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Matar; 2015-09-11 at 08:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

The guards make no move to stop you, you get to pass.
    One of them vomits (such as a Kreen vomits), though of course Christopher would only hear it...

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

With the will of his family caressing his mind Christopher makes his way into the caverns. The pain was great, greater then he imagined it would be. Enough to make a grown man weep... if they had eyes to do so with. He hoped, nay, prayed that he was not making a mistake.

As he entered the cave system he wandered, hand on wall, using only memory and whispers to find his way.

"I HAVE SEEN."

He beckons to the darkness. To the Dragons that live inside. To the things that could kill a blind man with the utmost ease.

"I HAVE YOUR CHILDREN DEAD. I HAVE SEEN THERE SCALES RIPED FROM THERE BODIES. I HAVE HEARD THE ANGEL OF DEATH WHISPER WORDS TO BRING THEM BACK AS SLAVES!"

He trips. Blood drips from his Not-Eye sockets and pulls to the ground. He pulls himself up, weeping not-tears.

"I HAVE SEEN THE DRAGON OF THE UNLIVING AND IT BECKONS AT OUR GATES. I WEEP FOR THERE IS NO PEACE. THERE IS ONLY DEATH. ONLY ENSLAVEMENT!"

He screams in the darkness. How could he not. He has seen the death of his Lord. He has heard the fire burn his body. He has seen the fire burn.

"I HAVE TAKEN THE PUNISHMENT OF MY LORD, THE GREAT KRA'CHIN, TO ENTER THESE CAVES AND BEG LIKE A NOT-KING. FOR HE SHALL BE THE ALLY OF DRAGONS, AND THE SLAYER OF DRAGONS, AND WOULD YOU DENY HIM THIS AT THE COST OF YOUR FAMILY?"

He falls again in the darkness. He falls and this time does not stand, but instead comes his his knees and continues to call to the blackness around him. He wondered, despite the pain, exactly how deep he was... exactly how -bright- it was.

"I AM HERE, SERVENT TO KRA'CHIN, BLIND AND WEEPING! I HAVE SEEN THE SPIRIT OF DEATH. I HAVE SEEN IT WALK THIS LAND. BUT HOPE IS NOT LOST! I HAVE SEEN THE ANGEL OF HOPE BECKON AT OUR DOOR, SO SWEET AND GLOWING! COME, DRAGON-QUEEN. LET US CREATE PROPHECY TOGETHER!"

Spoiler
    Show

Should I roll diplomacy? I'm going to and pray I roll high. If it even matters. If this dragon really cares for her kids, I hope she'll offer to fight anyways.
    Roll = Diplomacy. [roll]1d20+-1[/roll] Min 5.