New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIII

[Lunch Meeting]

Electra chuckles again, this time at Fayyaad.

"It's not so much a 'looks' thing, just a vibe I get from you. You seem more like someone who would enjoy something in the more 'dry' end of the spectrum, rather than something quite sweet. I can almost picture you in a tuxedo with a martini in hand. I'd be wrong, of course, but it wouldn't be the first time, nor probably the last." She grins at him, then at Dena.

"Simple, huh? Beer is one of those things that can be deceptively complex if you let it. But I get where you're coming from. And, at the end of the day, we're probably on the same page, though I prefer whiskey to beer."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

[Lunch Meeting]

Fayyaad smiles.

"A tuxedo, hm? It is something I've been meaning to try wearing. There's a certain elegance to it. And, well... I do like to experience things. Whether it's alcohol, fashion or people. It's part of why I came here in the first place."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #963

[Lunch Meeting]

"Yes, one of the the few things I haven't learned is the particulars about beers, probably since I never got to drink that much of it." She pauses. "But hey, if we're done here for today, why don't we hit the streets instead? Gotta be something the three of us can do."

4. - Top - End - #964

NinjaGuy

[Lunch Meeting]

Electra smiles back at Fayyaad, then smirks at Dena.

"So, which do you want to experience first? Alcohol, fashion, or people? I suspect that will influence what we do from here."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

[Lunch Meeting]

Fayyaad considers this for a while... then smiles more broadly.

"You know, I did just come by some money. Perhaps it's time to upgrade my wardrobe according to the Nexus fashion. Would the two of you care to accompany me, and maybe advise me?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #966

[Lunch Meeting]

"Advise you? You seem to have a high opinion on my and Electra's sense of fashion. Just look at me, I have to wear sunglasses in-doors, and there isn't a single hat in the world that goes well with snakes." Dena muses.

7. - Top - End - #967

NinjaGuy

[Lunch Meeting]

Electra mock frowns, though the laughter in her eyes is clearly evident.

"What's wrong with my fashion sense?" She asks in a tone mocking indignation, though the sing-song way she says it clearly indicates that it's not a serious question, she's just waiting to see who takes the bait.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

[Lunch Meeting]

"That sounds like a challenge," Fayyaad remarks. "No choice now but to prove that you can dress someone up. I'm fully willing to help in turn, of course. I'm sure I can find something that goes well with snakes."

9. - Top - End - #969

[Lunch Meeting]

"Isn't it obvious? You gotta' have robot-clothes, Electra, otherwise people might get confused." Dena waves a hand in the air. "Something in chrome, and you have to have antennas on your head, obviously. That's what robots look like, you know."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-15 at 10:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #970

NinjaGuy

[Lunch Meeting]

"Something in chrome, eh? I think I have an idea." A mischievous grin slowly spreads across Electra's face, before she looks to Fayyaad. "Well, then, where should we start? Mallside?"

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

[Lunch Meeting]

"Mallside is the place to go, for sure," Fayyaad affirms. "You could spend a week shopping there and still not run out of things to see. Let's go."

((We could do it on-screen or off-screen from this point.))

12. - Top - End - #972

[Lunch Meeting]

"I don't know of any clothing stores elsewhere, that's for sure." Dena remarks. "But I'm curious what would go well with snakes, remember those little santa hats I put on them during thankmas, Fayyaad? Those were hilarious!"

((Anything works for me.))

13. - Top - End - #973

NinjaGuy

[Lunch Meeting]

Electra nods as they get up to leave, her grin not fading.

"Oh, this'll be fun."

((On-screen is fine with me if you're up for it. I have an idea for something in Mallside.))

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

[Lunch Meeting]

"That they were. Your outfit back them made quite an impression on me, I remember," Fayyaad says, as he also gets up to leave.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Orc in the Playground

There's a book on a table. The book wasn't there a moment ago, and there's nobody at this table- nor at the nearest tables to this one, either. It's just suddenly there, when it wasn't there five minutes ago.

The book itself is a hefty, black leather-bound tome, very thick and heavy-looking. The cover is blank, and there's no distinguishing marks or symbols anywhere on its surface; it's just sat here, on this table, where just about anyone could have left it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace Vallarm and his familiar enter the tavern, always ready to try a place they haven't been to in a while. Last time they were here Jace got cursed by Libra but he'll be fine. Probably. Ordering a drink he spies the book and examines it, curious. What's inside?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #977
    Orc in the Playground

The book resists being opened except to the title page, which reveals it is... (Result: 7) The Encyclopedia of Vampires.

Does he choose to read further, or does he close the book? Also, does Jace have any active magical senses?

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace isn't using his magic sense, though he really should be. He doesn't have any reason to not at least glance at the first few pages.
    Though personally as his player has a distinct distaste towards RPing vampires he would prefer to not use results that would cause that.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Orc in the Playground

Once he starts reading, Jace is hit by a subtle compulsion to keep reading. If it goes undetected, he'll find that, despite the book's thickness, it doesn't take long to finish, and he's learnt (Result: 4)- a mental/magic trick that makes his blood unpalatable to vampires; should he use it, whilst a vampire is feeding, at best the vampire will be destroyed as though it drank holy water; at worst, it will immediately vomit.

Alternately, he can detect the compulsion and close the book. Then, if he reopens it, he'll get something else.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Zebes, whose magic sense is attuned to smell instead of sight, squawks a warning and Jace slams the book shut. Still, he can't sense anything overtly hostile (as I recall d20 artifacts don't ping evil or anything like that) he tries opening it again with a much more careful eye.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed they don't ping evil. They have a wildly fluctuating and chaotic magical field of varying intensity and type. So, worrying, not hostile.

When the book is reopened, again at the title page, it reveals itself to be (Result: 2; originally 11, but Jace can do all those already): The Grand Maester's Journal.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Worrying indeed, but it isn't the same chaos as his old friend Fortuna or Libra's dice of wonder. Perhaps it's simply a bookwyrm 's lost manuscript? He tries to read it this time, being more alert for strange magic.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Orc in the Playground

The first example of strange magic, or rather, active magic, is another subtle compulsion to keep reading once he's actually started reading. The book doesn't take long to finish, using magic to impart its knowledge as much as traditional learning. Once he's finished, he'll have learnt that (Result: 1) he can now identify most poisons. There may be some exceptions, and it doesn't come with the knowledge of how to counteract it.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Being seemingly only knowledge based, Jacen allows the magic to complete. And indeed, a harmless effect.
    sure beats being made a were-creature, huh, Boss?
    "Shut up, Zebes."

25. - Top - End - #985
    Orc in the Playground

Once it has been read, and its knowledge imparted, the book crumbles to ash and disintegrates.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

[Business Meeting]

One day, Dipsnig is waiting there for the Faction representatives. As a diplomatic gesture, he doesn't have any of his wolves with him.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Barbarian in the Playground

Business Meeting

Looks like it's Vamptok's time to shine!

...Or not, because shining is usually a bad news for vampires. Also, he calls himself Vlad these days, because like most of the clones in The Faction, he doesn't really care for anyone with '-tok' or 'Mag-' in their names.

But never mind all of that, it's not really important to Dipsnig right now. The important thing is that there's a cyborg with pointed teeth and dressed in a Victorian era suit entering the Black Dragon's Den. This is the representative The Faction's chosen to send to meet with him, rather than the angel guy or the squid robot he met at the party. There's probably a bunch of conclusions he could leap to, based off of that information, but it's probably best not to entrap oneself with such thoughts. MagClones are known for their unpredictability, and if Dipsnig jumps at every little unorthodox move they make, he's sure to reach the stratosphere by Wednesday.

"Hello, Dipsnig. I'll be your liaison this evening. Firstly, the Faction would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to personally meet with us. Second, do you know if the Drow Spiderblood Wine has any actual blood in it? I was just going to get the Ichor Liquor, but I've had that at least five times already, and...nevermind. I'll just ask the waiter when he gets here." Vlad's only been a vampire for maybe five years and he's already sick to death of the taste of blood. It's gross and awful and it never gets better, no matter how much he tries to suppress his instinctive revulsion for it. Getting bit by Rot that one evening was literally the worst thing that ever happened to him. What a horrible night to have a curse.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2017-05-14 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

[Business Meeting]

"They're not drinks I've ever tried," Dipsnig admits. "I've known some vampires in my day, but I've never discussed their culinary preferences. And it's true I have a busy schedule, but I've always got time to meet with potential business partners. Speaking of which, let's discuss your offer, shall we? We can talk openly here, unlike in the middle of Southside."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Barbarian in the Playground

Business Meeting

Vlad nods, and pulls out a file. Inside is a rough map of Southside City Hall, a list of weapons, and a few photographs of the building's exterior, with a number of windows and walls marked as potential entry points.

"Yes, let's. Now, I'll be blunt, we need the General out of the picture as soon as possible. I've brought the exact location of her office, a small list of what we've observed of her arsenal and methods, and a few recommended assault strategies. Hopefully, her death that's all it will take to end her organization's tyranny over Southside, but it's possible that her forces will continue to carry out her will after her demise. Still, if there's a chance they might disband with a minimum of bloodshed, we ought to take it."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2017-05-27 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

[Business Meeting]

Dipsnig staples his fingers and peers at Vlad above them.

"A bold offer. A direct assassination of one of Riverside leaders would make a statement that is not made lightly. What would you offer us for undertaking this kind of job?"