New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Marcus lets out a small grin as Augustus gives the command to release, pushing the button on his Pokeball and watching as his Froakie, christened Gelver only a few hours ago when they first trained together, appears on the platform.

"Ready when you are," the boy says nervously, hoping he'd made the proper choice in choosing his starter.
    Wonderful! Well, we gym leaders usually give challengers the first move in starter battles, though your Froakie would likely go first anyway.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I see you're playing the long term game Raymond. Lillian noted excitedly. But lets see if your paralysis takes any effect! Rattata, use tackle!

And the rattata did. It moved awkwardly with electricity coursing through its veins, but it charged anyways, launching itself at Jasper.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you know, you have editing privileges for the maps.

Rattata uses Tackle! AC 3 (and with your 2 speed evasion, the new AC is 5. If it hits 5 then it successfully attacks) physical normal damage. Crit 18+. Rolled a 7 for AC

[roll0] (2d8+8 base, +10 stats) Critical damage [roll1]. If successful, the target is pushed back 2 meters.
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Ray - Health: 57 Initiative: 10 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2 Injuries: 0
    Jasper - Health: 22 Intiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

Ray gasped, covering his mouth in shock as Jasper was struck and knocked back. He knew that the little Joltik couldn't take that kind of punishment for much longer. He had to do something! The boy ran his hands through his green hair, trying not to tear it out in fear and stress. Clenching his fists, he tried to keep the fear out of his voice as he shouted, "Jasper, use your Spider Web on it!"

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Jasper uses Spider Web on Rattata. Spider Web can't miss and the target is both Stuck and Trapped.
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Ray - Health: 57 Initiative: 10 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2 Injuries: 0
    Jasper - Health: 22 Intiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

Ray gasped, covering his mouth in shock as Jasper was struck and knocked back. He knew that the little Joltik couldn't take that kind of punishment for much longer. He had to do something! The boy ran his hands through his green hair, trying not to tear it out in fear and stress. Clenching his fists, he tried to keep the fear out of his voice as he shouted, "Jasper, use your Spider Web on it!"

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Jasper uses Spider Web on Rattata. Spider Web can't miss and the target is both Stuck and Trapped.
    Lillian nodded approvingly. A good solution to my Ratatta's attack power, as it has only melee attacks. Now show me what you plan to do from here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rattata cannot do anything until you move into melee range, so feel free to just do whatever until you're ready to come into melee range

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 49/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Focused Training: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks
    -Inspired Training: +1 to Evasion, +2 to Save Checks
    -Trained: +1 Attack Combat Stage
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 1

Dominic blushes a little bit, surprised he'd been found out so quickly. "Yeah," He says sheepishly. "It's a classic, what can I say?" The mud splashes against Arlo with little effect, the sandshrew was tough at the worst of times, but especially when it was curled up. "Now, rollout! Let's show her we can do it!" The curled up pokemon spins rapidly on the spot, sliding around on the slick mud before catching grip on the sand and dashing forward.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 2
    Show
    Dominic
    None

Arlo
    Standard: Use Rollout

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 4: (1d20)[2], +1 from Focused Training, -1 from Mud Slap
    Damage: (1d6+29)[31] Physical Rock (DB 3: 1d6+5, +14 Attack, +10 from Defense Curl)
    If Crit: (1d6+5)[6]

Shift: Move to N7

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Rollout hits

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 49/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 1

Dominic blushes a little bit, surprised he'd been found out so quickly. "Yeah," He says sheepishly. "It's a classic, what can I say?" The mud splashes against Arlo with little effect, the sandshrew was tough at the worst of times, but especially when it was curled up. "Now, rollout! Let's show her we can do it!" The curled up pokemon spins rapidly on the spot, sliding around on the slick mud before catching grip on the sand and dashing forward.

Show
    Dominic
    None

Arlo

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 4: (1d20)[10], +1 from Focused Training, -1 from Mud Slap
    Damage: (2d6+20)[26] Physical Rock (DB 3: 1d6+5, +14 Attack, +10 from Defense Curl)
    If Crit: (2d6+8)[14]

The Trapinch slipped into the sand as Arlo wildly rolled past. An instant later it spring out of the sand next to the Sandshrew and clamped its jaws down, hitting with unusual accuracy. Of course, with moves like faint attack, I don't have to worry about accuracy. It's impossible to avoid compared to an attack like rollout.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feint Attack, cannot miss for physical dark damage. (1d20)[10] (for crit check only)

(2d6+20)[26] (2d6+8 base, +12 atk)
    on crit: (2d6+8)[14]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Good Androssi said sternly. She was an imposing figure, only 23 years old but far stronger than anybody else in the city. Her very presence oozed power, and she didn't seem to be one for horsing around. Then we'll get started. I know you've had a rough time Angus, but don't make that think that I'll go easier on you. You'll have to earn your badge like everybody else. Her tone was not cruel, merely of one who expected her words to be obeyed without question.

She held out three pokeballs in her hand. You will get your choice of pokemon to battle against: the steel/rock type Aron, the dragon type Axew, and the Steel typed Kling. Name the pokemon that you would prefer to face and we'll begin.
    Angus stares at the pokeballs in Androssi's hand before his eyes rise up to meet hers. "I won't have the luxury of picking my opponents, so why start now? Make your choice, my lady."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show
    Arlo - Health: 48/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+2 SATK 2+2 ANY 0+2; Injuries: 0

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 3 (+1 to Accuracy, +1 to Evasion)

Dominic resists the urge to yell something about cheating. It was perfectly valid, even a great tactic... He'd have to teach Arlo something like that! "Ok, ok. No big deal! Try it again Arlo! He can't dodge forever!" He was getting really into it now, feeling his way through the fight. The Trapinch's teeth all but slide off the sandshrew's hard skin. It was definitely not going to be a short fight unless one of them got really lucky. Starting to spin again, Arlo went for the toothy pokemon.

Show
    Dominic
    None

Arlo

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 4: (1d20+1)[5], +1 from Focused Training, +1 from Duelist, -1 from Mud Slap
    Damage: (1d6+29)[33] Physical Rock (DB 3: 1d6+5, +14 Attack, +10 from Defense Curl)
    If Crit: (1d6+5)[11]

Shift: Move to N5

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright Gelver, let's go! Swim to that platform and get ready!" the Trainer cries, a little disappointed that his first action as a Trainer would be repositioning his Pokemon.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Gelver to N8.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Adam stares at the burgeoning brushfire in surprise, "Isn't that kinda dangerous?" he questions uneasily, his mind already playing out how easily that fire might spread across the grassy field much to their horror.

He didn't think the fire type was outright immune to fire, such a thing tended to be fairly rare, but he'd certainly endure the flames better than Thistle could. They had to finish this quickly.

"Thistle keep it steady, and be careful over there!" the boy called out while his mon quietly rolled it's way past the tall grass, the crackle and glow of the fire meeting him on the other-side. Part of Thistle shared Adam's concerned, but he was sure it would all work out soon enough.

Spoiler
    Show

Adam: Focused Training

Thistle
    *Sprint Manuever: From M17 toI14

Last edited by Regalus; 2015-08-16 at 12:02 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Angus stares at the pokeballs in Androssi's hand before his eyes rise up to meet hers. "I won't have the luxury of picking my opponents, so why start now? Make your choice, my lady."
    I'm afraid you may end up regretting that choice, but that's your choice. You will have a match with the Aron. It's tough hide will be difficult for you to break through, so be careful.

She released the pokemon, who quickly rushed up to hop on the golden throne in the room. Now then, we begin. League rules require that I allow you the first move, so prove to me why you deserve a trainer license.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Arlo - Health: 48/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+2 SATK 2+2 ANY 0+2; Injuries: 0

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 3 (+1 to Accuracy, +1 to Evasion)

Dominic resists the urge to yell something about cheating. It was perfectly valid, even a great tactic... He'd have to teach Arlo something like that! "Ok, ok. No big deal! Try it again Arlo! He can't dodge forever!" He was getting really into it now, feeling his way through the fight. The Trapinch's teeth all but slide off the sandshrew's hard skin. It was definitely not going to be a short fight unless one of them got really lucky. Starting to spin again, Arlo went for the toothy pokemon.

Show
    Dominic
    None

Arlo

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 4: (1d20)[3], +1 from Focused Training, +1 from Duelist, -1 from Mud Slap
    Damage: (2d6+20)[28] Physical Rock (DB 3: 1d6+5, +14 Attack, +10 from Defense Curl)
    If Crit: (2d6+8)[17]

Arlo rolled over the Trapinch, putting a few cracks in its shell. It spat angrily and launched itself into the ground, only to burst out again and land another nasty bite on the Sandshrew.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feint Attack roll for crit (1d20)[3]
    Physical Dark Damage (2d6+20)[28]
    on crit (2d6+8)[17]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alright Gelver, let's go! Swim to that platform and get ready!" the Trainer cries, a little disappointed that his first action as a Trainer would be repositioning his Pokemon.

Show
    Move Gelver to N8.
    Spheal, use defense curl and get moving. The Spheal squeaked in agreement and curled into a near perfect sphere. It quickly rolled into the water and, using centrifugal force, began to spin through the water towards Gelver.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spheal uses defense curl!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Adam stares at the burgeoning brushfire in surprise, "Isn't that kinda dangerous?" he questions uneasily, his mind already playing out how easily that fire might spread across the grassy field much to their horror.

He didn't think the fire type was outright immune to fire, such a thing tended to be fairly rare, but he'd certainly endure the flames better than Thistle could. They had to finish this quickly.

"Thistle keep it steady, and be careful over there!" the boy called out while his mon quietly rolled it's way past the tall grass, the crackle and glow of the fire meeting him on the other-side. Part of Thistle shared Adam's concerned, but he was sure it would all work out soon enough.

Spoiler
    Show

Thistle
    *Sprint Manuever: From M17 toI14

Being a trainer isn't going to be safe. You'll have to get used to both wild pokemon and natural disasters. Learn to adapt and you'll make it out alright. Survival of the fittest. Darumaka, sprint over to the other side of the grass. Do well in this battle and I'll make some enchiladas for you later.

Motivated by food, the Darumaka quickly dashed toward the Chespin, being sure to avoid the flaming grass so as not to get singed.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus frowns as the Spheal boosts its defenses. That could prove extremely troublesome, especially with Gelvar's limited ability to hit the opponent.

"Gelver, get a little closer! Be ready!" the Trainer shouts, watching the Froakie crawl a little closer.

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus frowns as the Spheal boosts its defenses. That could prove extremely troublesome, especially with Gelvar's limited ability to hit the opponent.

"Gelver, get a little closer! Be ready!" the Trainer shouts, watching the Froakie crawl a little closer.
    Augustus responded by having his spheal continue to charge forwards, and the two pokemon had finally arrived within striking distance of each otehr.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show
    Arlo - Health: 46/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+3 SATK 2+3 ANY 0+3; Injuries: 0

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 5 (+2 to Accuracy, +2 to Evasion)

Again the trapinch is barely able to do anything to Arlo's rock hard shell, cutting only a few small gouges into it. "About face Arlo! We're on a roll now!" Was he really going to win his first match? And... so easily? Should he have gone for the geodude after all? Arlo, now still spinning after that hit, turns around on the spot, kicking up sand behind him before he dashes forward again.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 3
    Show
    Dominic
    None

Arlo

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 4: (1d20+2)[10], +1 from Focused Training, +2 from Duelist, -1 from Mud Slap
    Damage: (2d6+34)[43] Physical Rock (DB 7 (3+4): 2d6+10, +14 Attack, +10 from Defense Curl)
    If Crit: (2d6+10)[20]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, that will be max Momentum whether or not Rollout hits
    Last edited by Jacior; 2015-08-16 at 01:09 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"But being careful is just as important as strength and courage when it comes to survival; 'cause you never know what's waiting for you 'till it's too late," Adam counters before wolfish grin makes it to his face, "Thistle now!"

On cue Thistle took action, blowing on one of the blades of grass that littered the field from his vantage point; the pair taking on a soft green glow as a gentle melody began to float through the air. It was a bit hard to do it in his position, but it would have to do.

Spoiler
    Show

*AP: 3/5

Thistle:
    *Standard Action: Natural Fighter, Pay 1 AP to use GRass WHistle.
    **Grass WHistle:
    ***AC 6: (1d20-1)[15] (+2 from Focused Training, +1 from an extra AP, -4 from Defense Curl)
    ***On a Hit, Target falls Asleep
    *Shift Action: Move from I14 to G13
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-08-16 at 01:22 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright Gelver, get in there! Lick!" Marcus shouts, hoping that the chance to trigger Froakie's paralytic saliva could be enough to swing the tide of the battle.

The Froakie, willing to listen to Marcus for whatever reason, leapt forward, long tong flailing wildly.

Show
    Marcus: 4/5 AP
    Gelver: 53/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS

Marcus uses Focused Training as a Standard Action!

Gelver uses Lick!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[18] Paralyze 15+
    Damage: (1d6+19)[22]

Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Arlo - Health: 46/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+3 SATK 2+3 ANY 0+3; Injuries: 0

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 5 (+2 to Accuracy, +2 to Evasion)

Again the trapinch is barely able to do anything to Arlo's rock hard shell, cutting only a few small gouges into it. "About face Arlo! We're on a roll now!" Was he really going to win his first match? And... so easily? Should he have gone for the geodude after all? Arlo, now still spinning after that hit, turns around on the spot, kicking up sand behind him before he dashes forward again.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 3
    Show
    Dominic
    None

Arlo

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 4: [roll0], +1 from Focused Training, +2 from Duelist, -1 from Mud Slap
    Damage: [roll1] Physical Rock (DB 7 (3+4): 2d6+10, +14 Attack, +10 from Defense Curl)
    If Crit: [roll2]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, that will be max Momentum whether or not Rollout hits
    The trapinch grunted in pain and was about to smash its jaws into you again, but Savannah called it back Unleash that power on the Sandshrew!

It began to glow slightly, its cracked carapace leaking out light before it slammed its head into the ground causing a small explosion of energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trapinch uses Bide!

Arlo loses 23 hit points not reducible by defenses, dr, etc.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

"But being careful is just as important as strength and courage when it comes to survival; 'cause you never know what's waiting for you 'till it's too late," Adam counters before wolfish grin makes it to his face, "Thistle now!"

On cue Thistle took action, blowing on one of the blades of grass that littered the field from his vantage point; the pair taking on a soft green glow as a gentle melody began to float through the air. It was a bit hard to do it in his position, but it would have to do.

Spoiler
    Show

*AP: 3/5

Thistle:
    *Standard Action: Natural Fighter, Pay 1 AP to use GRass WHistle.
    **Grass WHistle:
    ***AC 6: [roll0] (+2 from Focused Training, +1 from an extra AP, -4 from Defense Curl)
    ***On a Hit, Target falls Asleep
    *Shift Action: Move from I14 to G13
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know that I'd count this as a forest (more of a grassland), but I'll let it slide for now

Leo nodded approvingly. A good use of the terrain, and it seems like my little Darumaka won't be waking up anytime soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Darumaka is asleep, cannot act

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alright Gelver, get in there! Lick!" Marcus shouts, hoping that the chance to trigger Froakie's paralytic saliva could be enough to swing the tide of the battle.

The Froakie, willing to listen to Marcus for whatever reason, leapt forward, long tong flailing wildly.

Show
    Marcus: 4/5 AP

Gelver uses Lick!
    AC 2: [roll0] Paralyze 15+
    Damage: [roll1]
    While the Spheal didn't seem to take much damage from the attack, the lick itself seemed to have sealed the Spheal's movements ... at least for now. A solid strategy, but you'll need to be able to do more damage if you want to take my Spheal down.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"That's the plan!" Marcus says, the paralysis emboldening him a little bit as he pulls out his journal, quickly taking mental notes about the Spheal while it's stuck standing still.

"Gelver, hit him with a Pound and get some distance! Keep it up!" Marcus cries, watching in pleasure as the Froakie pulls a fist back and slams it into the squishy Pokemon before hopping back out of the water.

Show
    Marcus: 3/5 AP

Marcus uses Chronicler on the Spheal as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage: (1d8+20)[24]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-16 at 01:58 PM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Yes! Adam cheared, positively beaming at the sight of the gambit paying off, "Thistle, time to get this show on the road! Use Rollout!"

Thistle loosed his own victorious cry before revving up for a moment; kicking up blades of grass, before barreling down towards Darumaka!

Spoiler
    Show

Thistle:
    *Standard Action:
    **Rollout:
    ***AC 3: (1d20+2)[15] (+2 from Focused Training)
    ***(1d6+24)[30] Physical Rock Damage; DB 1d6+5 +10 Defense Curl+9 ATK
    *Shift Action: Move from G13 to G10
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-08-16 at 01:57 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show
    Arlo - Health: 23/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+4 SATK 2+4 ANY 0+4; Injuries: 1

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 6 (+3 to Accuracy, +3 to Evasion)

Arlo is hurting from that blast, numerous scratches and gouges now dot his hide. "Whoa! I didn't know it could do that! You OK Arlo?" The sandshrew, having slowed down after taking the hit, revs up, faster than ever, in response. "OK! Arlo, keep going! This fight is ours!" Arlo reverses the spin so suddenly, he actually seems to stop for a second, before he starts spinning, pointed directly at the trapinch as if the sandshrew could see it through all the spinning

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 4
    Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Expend Momentum 2: Spend 2 Momentum. Your Pokémon automatically rolls an 11 on one d20 Roll of your choice on their next turn.

Arlo

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 4: Automatically roll 11 (total 13), +1 from Focused Training, +2 from Duelist, -1 from Mud Slap
    Damage: (3d10+34)[53] Physical Rock (DB 11 (3+8): 3d10+10, +14 Attack, +10 from Defense Curl)
    If Crit: (3d10+10)[31] (Technically can't Crit so. :P)

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum from Rollout hitting
    Last edited by Jacior; 2015-08-16 at 02:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes! Adam cheared, positively beaming at the sight of the gambit paying off, "Thistle, time to get this show on the road! Use Rollout!"

Thistle loosed his own victorious cry before revving up for a moment; kicking up blades of grass, before barreling down towards Darumaka!

Spoiler
    Show

Thistle:
    *Standard Action:
    **Rollout:
    ***AC 3: (1d20+2)[15] (+2 from Focused Training)
    ***(1d20)[6] Physical Rock Damage; DB 1d6+5 +10 Defense Curl+9 ATK
    *Shift Action: Move from G13 to G10
    As Thistle, the living wrecking ball, crashed into the Darumaka it gave a shriek of pain. It was breathing heavily and had more than a few bruises. Ah, a wonderful job of playing the type advantage game. I was worried at first that you had forgotten that fire was effective against grass. Unfortunately for you, you've advanced a bit too far and are near the lovely wildfire that Darumaka has started. Use tackle now!

The little pokemon maneuvered around Thistle and charged at it, hoping to push it backwards into the burning grass.

Spoiler
    Show
    Darumaka used tackle!
    AC 3 Physical Normal Damage (1d20)[6]
    (1d8+24)[25], on crit an additional (1d8+6)[12]

If it hits it pushes you back 2 squares and into the fire. This would cause you to take 2 ticks of fire damage (then apply fire weakness)

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's the plan!" Marcus says, the paralysis emboldening him a little bit as he pulls out his journal, quickly taking mental notes about the Spheal while it's stuck standing still.

"Gelver, hit him with a Pound and get some distance! Keep it up!" Marcus cries, watching in pleasure as the Froakie pulls a fist back and slams it into the squishy Pokemon before hopping back out of the water.

Show

Marcus uses Chronicler on the Spheal as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    The Spheal seemed relatively unhurt from the pound, although it had done more damage than the last attack. It awkwardly climbed on top of the platform and began to spin rapidly, revving up for an attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna rule that rollout must be used on one kind of surface and can't change between them

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Arlo - Health: 23/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+4 SATK 2+4 ANY 0+4; Injuries: 1

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 6 (+3 to Accuracy, +3 to Evasion)

Arlo is hurting from that blast, numerous scratches and gouges now dot his hide. "Whoa! I didn't know it could do that! You OK Arlo?" The sandshrew, having slowed down after taking the hit, revs up, faster than ever, in response. "OK! Arlo, keep going! This fight is ours!" Arlo reverses the spin so suddenly, he actually seems to stop for a second, before he starts spinning, pointed directly at the trapinch as if the sandshrew could see it through all the spinning

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 4
    Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Expend Momentum 2: Spend 2 Momentum. Your Pokémon automatically rolls an 11 on one d20 Roll of your choice on their next turn.

Arlo

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 4: Automatically roll 11 (total 13), +1 from Focused Training, +2 from Duelist, -1 from Mud Slap
    Damage: [roll0] Physical Rock (DB 11 (3+8): 3d10+10, +14 Attack, +10 from Defense Curl)
    If Crit: [roll1] (Technically can't Crit so. :P)

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum from Rollout hitting
    Arlo flattened the pokemon, leaving it unconscious on the desert sand. Savannah quickly healed it up with some medical supplies in her pack before looking at you and walking over. Congratulations Dominic, you've won! Using rollout was a wonderful strategic choice, especially with the synergy between it and defense curl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arlo gains 20 experience.
    You gain 5 trainer xp for winning your starter battle!!
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-16 at 02:54 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

"Keep it up Gelver! Pound again and hop into the water!"

The Froakie obliges, slamming an amphibious fist into the ball Pokemon before jumping once more into the water, scooting slightly away.

Show

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+20)[22]

Gelver Disengages to N4!

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Adam's grin is immediately slapped off his face at the sound of THistle's cry of pain upon getting tossed into the brushfire; concern immediately replacing his confident grin, "Get out of there Thistle! Charge right back through where you came!" he called out, hoping the old adage of 'Stop, Drop and Roll' would serve Thistle well.

With no time to think of something better Thistle rolled rapidly tossing the burning debris away from him in a rain of charred grass and embers before dashing back out of the flames and towards Darumaka; doing his best to ignore the heat and pain that clung to his outer layer.

Spoiler
    Show

*AP: 2/5
    Thistle
    *HP: 29/41
    *Rollout
    **AC4: (1d20+3)[9] (+2 from Focused Training, and 1 from AP)
    **Damage: (2d6+29)[36] Physical Rock Damage, 2d6+10DB, +10 Defense Curl, +9ATK
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

"Keep it up Gelver! Pound again and hop into the water!"

The Froakie obliges, slamming an amphibious fist into the ball Pokemon before jumping once more into the water, scooting slightly away.

Show

Gelver uses Pound!
    AC 2: (1d20)[5]
    Damage: (2d6+18)[26]

Gelver Disengages to N4!
    A wonerful use of the terrain on your part Marcus. Spheal, we're moving to the offensive. Spray him down! The pokemon quickly uncurls and sucks in some water from the edge of the pool and quickly spits it back out with a great deal of force.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spheal Uncurls and uses Water gun!

AC 2 special water (1d20)[5]
    (2d6+18)[26], on crit (2d6+8)[13]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show