OK, so in a buddy's game I was running a Witchwolf skinwalker Natural Lycanthrope (dire wolf) Divine Hunter Primal Companion Hunter 10. Wow that was a mouthful. Anyway, the character was native american themed in a wild west style game. He used the Racial Shape Change abilities of the Witchwolf and Lycanthrope to fluff his primary totem animal granting him power to fight his enemies. The character didn't have an animal companion and would use the Primal Transformation ability of the Hunter as a last ditch power up to turn into a chimeric anthropomorphic representation of his tribe's most respected animals.

Well we recently saw the errata to the Primal Hunter Archetype the now greatly reduces the size of the evolution pool that a Primal Hunter has access to. It is now so small that I can not create the form in any functional sense. Because of this unfortunate Nerf, my DM is allowing me to rebuild the character (if I can make it work mechanically), or to retire it and make a new build.

I already know of the Synthesist Summoner that basically does the same thing by wearing his Eidolon like battle armor, but it changes the stat focus and feel of the character significantly. So I am looking for something similar that I can do with archetypes or even spells to save this character. Does anyone have any ideas?